** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL Season 2013/14

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 There's a couple of teams I believe are nice over for the Championship. Dandenong are the 3.00 favourite with their star studded line up (four WNBA players, five if count Ardossi who was taken in a WNBA draft) but they have failed at such strategies in the past and with seven quality departures they aren't necessarily stronger. Pederson and Novosel are friends I think but a lot depends on how the squad gels. Unders IMO I make Bendigo the real favourite but the knock is backing up (Harrower hummed and hared about playing). No value IMO At 17.00 Sportsbet/16.00 Topsport each of two I've had something on both Canberra and Adelaide. A lot to like about the quality, depth and gel of Canberra's squad. Adelaide were the form team leading into finals. An overreaction to Batkovic departure IMO, their only major departure, while gain Foley and the Great Britain girl at the post. They seemed to lack some hunger last year, so they can be a contender if they get that right. I've marked these two teams around half those odds.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Tricky season opener tonight.. Bernie Harrower described Spirit's pre season as the worst in his time.. Batkovic no doubt also needing more time to find groove with new team as well.. Rarely play totals in wnbl but 132 seems pretty low

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Batkovic hasn't played in the off season too, to rehab her back. More that Harrower has had problems getting enough time into his squad, with players going deep into SEABL finals, etc. Kristy late decision to play also but as assistant coach she's would have been training I'd imagine. Wilson could adequately take more mins, anyway. I've taken Bendigo @ 1.90 (not expecting that Penaluna plays), given both squads have drawbacks to being at best. Is 1.95 @ Pinnacle now. The TOTAL was OVER just one in four last year but yeah it is slightly tempting, if new Batkovic & Cumming would have a hot night, though.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Canberra -1.5 $1.80 1u Canberra under 145.5 $2 1u Sydney didn't do much scoring in the preseason and don't look to have alot of fire power to me. Havent bet the other games yet but looking at: Logan +12 Logan under Dandenong beat them by 12 on neutral court withut Ohea so you would think they should beat them by more, but Dandenong's other results were not on par and think Logan may be worth a play. With a very different squad going against dandenong being as high scoring early on. WC +15.5 WC went ok in all three matches in the preseason scoring 67,67 and 73 suggesting even though it is pretty much the same squad they may be playing a bit better. Adelaide got destroyed by Bendigo in the final game suggesting they have not got things sorted yet so I am tempted by the healthy start.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Took Logan myself. A couple from WNBA have only been here a week and another only Thursday (plays??), just feel the team won't be settled. Logan, I'm tipping, will make a committed showing. Shame for them they had to cut Ruth Riley but have a potent squad otherwise. Logan 7.38 & +12.5 @ 2.02 Pinnacle

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Committed showing from Logan but wow could Dandenong turn it on! Got extremely lucky on that bet (well, I was owed it, actually :))!! Believe Sydney should be favourite today despite the short back-up. Jarry won't play for Boomers and are a depleted young looking squad from last year, although plenty of promise. While this is step-up, Boomers inclusions Todhunter & Romeo did have great SEABL seasons I notice and they have the WNBA import. Danger mental letdown from Sydney but I liked body language from coach regards today. Sydney @ 2.35 & +2.5

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Dandenong -7.5 1u Sydney over 161.5 2u $2.06 WC +3 $2 1u Total is coming down in the Sydney game which seems a bit strange to me unless someone or several players are out, as i would guess this to be the highest scoring matchup of any. Dandenong coach is talking defence which could be the reason but I would not take this too seriously. Thinking about playing adelaide also. My working thesis is that WC will be competitive this season and that the line in the Adelaide game is an over reaction to their loss to WC.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 For myself; Canberra -3 Am tempted by the Sydney OVER too. Went to Melbourne-Sydney game last week and Melbourn's defense is excellent, which contributed to low total as well as a tired Sydney and also what seemed like unreceptive rims. Will probably just watch this one however. I'll have a little on the Adelaide straight up too. Bendigo should respond, as Adelaide should too but still a little doubt for me regards Bendigo's prep and desire. I feel Canberra will be more committed this week and West Coast might not have so many things fall their way.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14

It's official' date=' bendigo doesn't give a flying fcuk... Screwed again by these complacent blobs[/quote']Not over yet, as they did win that qtr nicely. Line blew out to 12 very late so took that and a little SU on Adelaide. Not certain I'll collect yet.

Not over yet' date=' as they did win that qtr nicely. Line blew out to 12 very late so took that and a little SU on Adelaide. Not certain I'll collect yet.[/quote'] nup, they're your a-typical complacent reigning premier ... completely in love with themselves and totally disinterested in playing hard ... they're unbetable and now firmly on my shit list - and kristy harrower should gtfo, she's a liability - 4 from 24 from the field so far 0-3 start to the season, my worst of all time ... out of courtesy for canberra backers I'll leave that game alone ... if I bet the capitals, West Coast will be up 19-2 after five mins ...

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Melbourne over 141 1u Sydney +4.5 1.5u Melbourne games have all been low scoring so far, but I believe Jarry which gives them some more firepower. Batkovic was terrible last game which seems unlikely to happen again. FG% was 35% and 34% last week so only a modest boost from hideous seems required. Not sure Sydney should be getting 4.5 even if Bendigo were playing as well as last year.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Will be all over the Fire once I get a line .. Looks like being +4 .. overreaction by the books to last week IMO .. I actually mark Townsville as -2 favourites for this.. Fire humbled and refocused after last week and the boomers adjusting to jarry's return + the added pressure of going in as home favourites vs a big gun of the league

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Marked Towsnsville same, -2 as the hunter. Despite Batkovic possibly will take some time to return to very best after lay-off. Noted that Poppens was off from mid Q3 last game, so not sure if might be an injury problem, not enough to affect reasons for taking Townsville though? I also like the UNDER. Boomers seem outstanding defensively while Townsville should be looking to curtail their scorers (Madgen) a little more. Have Sydney-Bendigo evens with slight lean to Sydney. Bendigo trained sharper this week apparently but still to prove the desire is there and Sydney are a smart opp. Also a lean to OVER 144 but may just leave it. Bets; Townsville 2.60 & +4 Melbourne-Townsville UNDER 141.5 Sydney 2.70 & +4.5 Late: Jarry out, Poppens looks in.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 nice way to make friends with your new team mates, taking every shot and missing. i have no idea what is going on but like those bets too. thinking about playing townsville +13.5 also. dandenong have been easy to score against while melbourne have been super tough. short turnaround back to back makes it tough but 13.5 seems alot.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Dissapointing for Townsville, looked home, seemed to not unexpectadly tire and choke up a bit too. Bendigo -6 (take 6.5) I like them to carry trough on this weekends focus. Canberra reluctance to give minutes to bench seemed to hurt them last time. Could anticipate a bounce back but they do strike me as bit of a dodgy team - Wilson badly needs to step up. Hunt back (down on fitness), while the form Penaluna has returned in has Bendigo looking very formidable.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 i was somewhat relieved they lost as I had considered playing them ML @$7.50 and stayed away. gonna give WC another shot. better spot here with back to back for logan and getting a much healthier buffer than the canberra game. bendigo also.

i was somewhat relieved they lost as I had considered playing them ML @$7.50 and stayed away.
Me too, I rated them a 6.00 chance and thought to myself I'll just see if 8.00 shows up before having a little at 7.50 but was very pre occupied and forgot all about it. I think we'll see a lot of teams with a red hot go attitude when playing Dandenong.