WNBL Season 2013/14

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Adding Logan @ 2.45 & +3.5 @ 1.95 TAB. I've actually marked it fairly even, with Logan finding their feet at home after demolished away to Townsville but on really tough travelling schedule. Maybe they find Batkovic too tough to counter but they were sharp in only two home games (LQ choke to Melb when led 15) so I'm prepared to give this a look.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 The margin was 10 with 45 seconds to play.. How do you blow a +15 cover?Still that was poor form from blicavs - when you're up 14 and you grab a defensive board with 10 secs left you don't pad your stats against a defense thats given up, you stand there and dribble out the clock ... If she did that under an American coach she'd get roasted

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Latish when a dozen down they were throwing up threes that weren't hitting, which was fair enough but the final minute fouling did have me tearing the hair out. I was on the one last season (backed Adelaide -10.5) ... 13-ahead and all ten players motionless as Marino dribbles out the clock then unexpectedly she has a ping with 4secs on clock, Bulleen rebound and fling a hail mary from mid court wing, that hits!!

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14

Latish when a dozen down they were throwing up threes that weren't hitting, which was fair enough but the final minute fouling did have me tearing the hair out. I was on the one last season (backed Adelaide -10.5) ... 13-ahead and all ten players motionless as Marino dribbles out the clock then unexpectedly she has a ping with 4secs on clock, Bulleen rebound and fling a hail mary from mid court wing, that hits!!
hehe .... yes I remember that particular game - I was on Bulleen with the points that night .. from memory they led pretty well at the half and then Batkovic went berserk in the third quarter and they went from something like up 10 to down 10 at the final break .. thought all was lost until the final refresh of the live scoreboard flashed up a miracle three on the buzzer ..

Think the new coach factor plays out with Adelaide ?
Yeah, it's all something else to speculate on but Foley did report the vibe at training through the week was strong. I feel they know they need to pull the finger out after some of the crap they've served up, hopefully. :hope :loon In the black now!! Backed my opinion in here with a bit more at 2.05!

Tough day there Ashtee rough push with Adelaide and Canberra ML so close Bedigo -8 Townsville -17.5 2x
Wasn't all sad, the way I staked it in real life still managed half unit profit from Adelaide, while Canberra's inability to take advantage of three fouled out Boomer starters cost me the cream on top. Not a whole lot seems to have changed regards Adelaide's dodginess - saved by Townsville not on-song, which did seem a possible scenario. Christmas cards going out to Jess's Foley & Bibby, not for the first time. Today; West Coast-Townsville UNDER 138.5 @ 1.87 TAB Missed the -17.5 and not prepared to take higher. Actually thought more likely I could be backing Logan today but the books have it about right, to me. I marked it 9.0, just wary Bendigo are due some complacency. Good luck to those playing! :ok

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Very much agree, binomial. For the talent they have, Adelaide are awful. Just a case of, at the odds/spread and finding feet under new coach and looking for Bendigo to put a wobbly one in amidst talk of record streaks, I'll be a glutton for more punishment. Biggest concern with Canberra is all the travel they've done playing in the Townsville humidity but I feel they will be desperate to win the first leg. The draw has seen them up against all the top sides thus far and they seem (well, results are proving they are) under-valued each time they play of late.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 talk about getting the bounces i had bendigo -7 $1.85 which was covering from about the first minute but looked like moosing then snuck in by a point and the play by play in the canberra game at the end looks unbelievabele to get the cover I had at +8.5, a shot blocked with 1 second to go then they score a 3 at the other end?: [TABLE=class: playbyplay, width: 795] [TR=class: pbpheader, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TH=class: pbp-time, bgcolor: #FF7D00, align: center]Time[/TH] [TH=class: pbp-team1, bgcolor: #FF7D00]Townsville.[/TH] [TH=class: pbp-score, bgcolor: #FF7D00, align: center]Score[/TH] [TH=class: pbp-lead, bgcolor: #FF7D00, align: center]Lead[/TH] [TH=class: pbp-team2, bgcolor: #FF7D00]Canberra.[/TH] [/TR]

[TR=class: pbpa pbpt2 pbptysht per_4, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:00[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center]80-74[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2]14, I. Strunc, shot 3pt made[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt0 pbptyper per_4, bgcolor: #EAEAEA] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:00[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-noteam, colspan: 4]period End Game[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt2 pbptyreb per_4, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:00[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2]6, A. Coddington, rebound defensive[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt2 pbptyblk per_4, bgcolor: #EAEAEA] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:01[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2]13, A. Bunton, block[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt1 pbptysht per_4, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:02[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1]45, E. McKenzie, shot 2pt blocked[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt2 pbptyfth per_4, bgcolor: #EAEAEA] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:21[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center]80-71[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2]14, I. Strunc, freethrow made[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: pbpa pbpt2 pbptyfth per_4, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: pbp-time, align: center]00:21[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team1] [/TD] [TD=class: pbp-score, align: center]80-70[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-lead, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: pbp-team2]14, I. Strunc, freethrow made[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 I was hoping you had the -7 Bendigo and not the earlier line. I never get them, like those two ended, so maybe the nonsense people have thrown at me about it all evening out is possible after all?? Today, Logan -4 (currently -3.5 @ 1.95 TAB) Sydney 2.28 & +3 @ 1.85

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Logan's defence is so far below hideous, when combined with them only being about 70% to inbound the ball successfully has me pretty exited about taking WC against them next week. tonight: Melbourne -1.5 Melbourne under 138.5 Bendigo -25.5 + -26.5 1.5u

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 It obviously wasn't the Logan we are used too either. Adelaide @ 7.09 to win one unit (will watch recording-they're up 15 as I type, right? :)) Canberra @ 2.59 & +4 feel they should be slight favorite's despite possible fatigue. Dandenong-Melbourne UNDER 146.5 Townsville -29.5 agree, well too low

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Accidentally saw a live market with Adelaide @ 126.00 at what would have been mid last quarter, so maybe they haven't won, huh?? :hope Not that this could be any laughing matter for those on an OVER. Added; Melbourne @ 4.50 & +7.5 @ 1.98

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 tempted to take Bendigo on the idea that Melbourne are hot and cold with alot of difference between there performances while bendigo have been hot for months, but it is a pretty chunky number. like over alot as well, which probably means it will be 62-61.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 having beaten Dandenong, Melbourne and Canberra comfortably in the last three rounds you could have Sydney second n your power rankings despite being outside the top 4. Adelaide continually underwhelm, and it is tough to take -6.5 but NSW TAB have -4.5 which I had a couple of units on.