Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Crystal Palace (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th as usual, no much value to squeeze out of liverpool :D anyway, i think liverpool will be willing to finish on high note before international break, as well as suarez factor at his first home game this season ... i really like I.Holloway as a character and hope he will stay in top flight, but it ain`t gonna happen with crystal p .. besides sunderland win at home, in rest of PL games they managed only one goal, loosing last 3 games 2 - 0 i pretty much see this on finishing 3 - 0 4 - 1 if crystal p do manage to get a goal, witch i doubt. so for i`ll go for liverool -2 @2.60 with paddypower, as well i think liverool will start this game very fast and aggressive and should score early enough, so for two smaller bets, where one might cover another one as well as both might win... liverpool to lead at 20 min. @2.70 and liverpool to lead at 30 min. @evens with paddypower

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th oh I love this game. correct score appeals to me a lot so I don't know what I should play. first of all I can see anything from 4-0 to 9-0 for Liverpool and a bunch of hat tricks in the game for suarez and sturridge. it should be fun to watch

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th This game reminds me of Liverpool-Blackpool game few seasons ago, when everyone was on Liverpool and Blackpool somehow managed to win. From my experience in Premier League betting I have learnt that Liverpool will screw you most of the time and sometimes it is better to bet against them. So I am considering on taking Crystal Palace here.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Haven't being following these two very closely. Can anyone give me a good reason why the -1.5 on Liverpool won't be a secure enough leg in an accumulator? My reasoning until now is that Palace just don't score goals, set out to defend but are not able to do that and end up getting beat in the end. Also Suarez will have his homecoming and I think Sturidgge and him really complement each other and that the end result is a more lethal and varied attack. What are the chances of Palace losing by only one goal and stuffing me up is basically what I'm after.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Holloway, meanwhile, once again has to contend with an extensive injury list, with Jack Hunt and Jonathan Williams (both ankle) and Glenn Murray (knee) definitely out. Captain Patrick McCarthy (groin), Yannick Bolasie (hamstring) and Damien Delaney and Jonathan Parr (ankle) are also all doubtful as Palace seek their first league win at Anfield since November 1991. From Soccer Way

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th

This game reminds me of Liverpool-Blackpool game few seasons ago, when everyone was on Liverpool and Blackpool somehow managed to win. From my experience in Premier League betting I have learnt that Liverpool will screw you most of the time and sometimes it is better to bet against them. So I am considering on taking Crystal Palace here.
This is exactly my view as well.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Liverpool is one of the crappiest teams to bet on, by any means...i have them to win - they lose to Southampton 0:1, i got them under 3.5 against Sunderland, they score for 1:3 in the last minute, so i hate them, and i wish Palace takes something here :D

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Note that Lucas is suspended for Liverpool, so they don't have a recognised DM. Joe Allen was asked to play this time when Lucas was injured last season, but he is not fit. Henderson may slot in alongside Gerrard, but it could be a vunerabke area for Liverpool. Palace were decent enough in the first half against Man Utd if I recall correctly. If Holloway goes for it I see then scoring at least.

Liverpool is one of the crappiest teams to bet on' date=' by any means...i have them to win - they lose to Southampton 0:1, i got them under 3.5 against Sunderland, they score for 1:3 in the last minute, so i hate them, and i wish Palace takes something here :D[/quote'] Liverpool is in my blacklist as far as the betting is concerned. I only bet on them when they play at home against so called top sides and are normally well priced, sometimes even over @ 3.00. For this one I have taken Crystal Palace @ 17.00Bet365

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th LOL I thought I was the only one with a resentment of backing Liverpool :lol. Maybe because I haven't touched them all season I have forgotten the time I got burnt. I was thinking maybe with Liverpool being at the top of table that maybe they're starting to turn the corner a bit. Obviously not from the reaction and you guys would know better than me. Had them to clear the 1.5 in round 38 last season at home to QPR or another relegated team I thinks...anyway they score a legitimate goal, referee doesn't see it cross the line and calls play on. Finishes 1-0 to Liverpool. Suffice to say if it's not Liverpool screwing me over then it's the ref officiating the match. Team must be cursed where betting is concerned. :loon Surely are you guys that set on it? I mean Palace are pretty bad from what I've seen.

LOL I thought I was the only one with a resentment of backing Liverpool :lol. Maybe because I haven't touched them all season I have forgotten the time I got burnt. I was thinking maybe with Liverpool being at the top of table that maybe they're starting to turn the corner a bit. Obviously not from the reaction and you guys would know better than me. Had them to clear the 1.5 in round 38 last season at home to QPR or another relegated team I thinks...anyway they score a legitimate goal, referee doesn't see it cross the line and calls play on. Finishes 1-0 to Liverpool. Suffice to say if it's not Liverpool screwing me over then it's the ref officiating the match. Team must be cursed where betting is concerned. :loon Surely are you guys that set on it? I mean Palace are pretty bad from what I've seen.
Holloway did the double against Liverpool while at Blackpool. His teams always play football. Win, lose or draw. Liverpool don't play football. They have a couple talented individuals who do all the work while the rest bask in their glory. If you watch many Liverpool games, you'll notice Liverpool have to score from either 2 or 3 passes of the ball. Any more touches result in a lose of possession. Last week I thought Sunderland would beat Liverpool, but watching the game you could see Sunderland were woeful at the back. I would never bet on Liverpool to win. They can lose to any team in the football league, at any time.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th OK well what initially encouraged me was: Palace AWAY [TABLE=class: leaguetable sortable table detailed-table fixed-wide-table, width: 557] [TR=class: sub-head] [TH=class: number away mp away_total sortcol, align: center]MP[/TH] [TH=class: number away won away_won sortcol, align: center]W[/TH] [TH=class: number away drawn away_drawn sortcol, align: center]D[/TH] [TH=class: number away lost away_lost sortcol sortdesc, bgcolor: #BBBBBB, align: center]L[/TH] [TH=class: number away gf away_gf sortcol, align: center]F[/TH] [TH=class: number away ga away_ga sortcol, align: center]A[/TH] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: leaguetable sortable table detailed-table fixed-wide-table, width: 557] [TR=class: team_rank odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: number away mp away_total, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: number away won away_won, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]0[/TD] [TD=class: number away drawn away_drawn, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]0[/TD] [TD=class: number away lost away_lost, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: number away gf away_gf, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]1[/TD] [TD=class: number away ga away_ga, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]6[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] But what is somewhat discouraging is: Pool HOME [TABLE=class: leaguetable sortable table detailed-table fixed-wide-table, width: 557] [TR=class: sub-head] [TH=class: number away mp away_total sortcol, align: center]MP[/TH] [TH=class: number away won away_won sortcol, align: center]W[/TH] [TH=class: number away drawn away_drawn sortcol, align: center]D[/TH] [TH=class: number away lost away_lost sortcol, align: center]L[/TH] [TH=class: number away gf away_gf sortcol, align: center]F[/TH] [TH=class: number away ga away_ga sortcol, align: center]A[/TH] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: leaguetable sortable table detailed-table fixed-wide-table, width: 557] [TR=class: team_rank even] [TD=class: number home mp home_total, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: number home won home_won, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: number home drawn home_drawn, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]0[/TD] [TD=class: number home lost home_lost, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]1[/TD] [TD=class: number home gf home_gf, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: number home ga home_ga, bgcolor: #DADADA, align: center]1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] only 2 goals scored in 3 home games, admittedly though without Louie.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Liverpool having a bit of a run playing the weaker teams in the league - by far the easiest opening games of anyone (almost said big teams :D) So far played Stoke, Villa, Southampton (lost at home) Sunderland (Pool 2nd best most of the game IMO) and now Palace - with United and Swansea in there somewhere Liverpool totally exposed with no real talent in reserve so are forced to play their best XI every game - that will help Palace who have a far larger squad so can rotate and rest players Fancy Palace to get at least draw here - Liverpool cannot score in the 2nd half (apart from the one where Sunderland were really pushing to get an equaliser) - if Palace can contain them in the first half they have a real chance :)

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Let's try and be a bit more realistic here folks. Liverpool should batter Crystal Palace, Sturridge and Suarez up front together is a lethal combination. Forget the Southampton result, The Saints are a far better side than Palace who are destined for relegation. I hope Crystal Palace take the lead, I will be hovering all over the lay button if they do.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Jesus Christ, the slagging of Liverpool has reached levels of mass hysteria on this thread. It would be hilarious if Palace turned into somekind of demented public bet here and if anyone does back us in some form I will ofcourse be rooting for them to win. All we need now is for someone to post something along the lines of: "It's so crazy it just might work!!!". The value would 'appear' to be on Palace as Liverpool are very short (as always) but I don't think I can get involved as the bigger handicaps are the hardest to establish ev while Suarez being back gives Liverpool a greater ability to win by a decent margin. Probably better opportunities down the line to oppose Liverpool and back Palace me thinks. No bet for me.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th What about goals? Something like 2 or 3 goals total scored @ $2.13 sportsbet? Am really desperate to find a market that can be considered a lock. Surely just surely they don't get done to palace and kick a few goals in the process. My prediction is a stalemate 2-0 win or perhaps 3-0. No 9-0 lol.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Right, I had to delete a few posts. Can people start talking sense, give proper reasoning with posts, stop talking superstition, stop posting 1 liners, put up their bets and get on with it please...

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th being a liverpool fan it's hard to remain unbiased, i agree with some people on here, liverpool have let me down in the past too when it comes to easy teams they should beat comfortably, suarez is back, i expect him to score at least 1 goal against palace, lucas is suspended, allen is out so henderson might drop deeper with gerrard and we can play moses on the wing with sterling on the other wing, the loss of lucas isn't that much of a big deal, we have enough to replace him for this one game, no value in liverpool to win this one so perhaps minus 1? win to nil? unsure myself, if you have that much of a problem with liverpool don't bet on them

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th Of the injury doubts for Palace only Delaney has been playing regularly. He may be back but there is a rumour that his regular CB partner Danny Gabbidon is out. Palace have yet to be battered by anyone and played well against Spurs, Stoke and Sunderland, all of which I watched, they also defended well against Man Utd, beaten only by two set pieces and defended well apart from a momentary lapse against Southampton, conceding two, one of which was another set piece. Only against Swansea (which I saw) were they poor. Palace's real issue is their poor transfer window which in hindsight looks like a trolley dash. Holloway has good cover in all positions but has yet to decide (a) his best team and then (b) his best formation. In between Liverpool (a) and Arsenal (h) they have what is increasingly looking like a must win home game against Fulham. Following that they have five games, four of which would have to be considered winnable. Only after those will Palace's season start to look more certain. As for tomorrow, Hey! Das Phantom; ...."It's so crazy, it might just work!" Otherwise both teams to score in a low scoring game for me.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th someone gave some sound reasoning about how good liverpool are in the first half of matches(the sunderland match) which turned out to very good,up 2 nil at half time and could have been 3,the second half not so good,a liverpool win at half time might be worth some consideration.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th I don't know why Blackpool is being mentioned by a poster. That was a totally different team managed by the clown that was Hodgson. This is a totally different team, who was ranked the 4th best team in the league when beating bottom half teams. A lot of pre-match quotes from players and manager on how we need to treat this like a cup final. There seems to be a strong will to correct the poor showing against Southampton. Suarez and Sturridge should have far too much for their defence. I can see this finishing 2 or 3 nil.

I don't know why Blackpool is being mentioned by a poster. That was a totally different team managed by the clown that was Hodgson.
Blackpool was managed by Ian Holloway, the current manager of Crystal Palace and back then Blackpool has beaten Liverpool both home and away.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th i trust in a Double on this match :) on betcity @3.70 it's a good price , i think Suarez or Sturridge gone have lots of occasions to score .. we can assist at the first very good match of Liverpool at home for this season against a poor and apparently decimate team of Palace GL All

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th I agree, Liverpool not a great team to bet on. However, Liverpool to score first looks like good value, with the Sturridge-Suarez partnership having already clicked. Liverpool to score first @ 1.14 Bet365.

Blackpool was managed by Ian Holloway' date=' the current manager of Crystal Palace and back then Blackpool has beaten Liverpool both home and away.[/quote'] That Blackpool team is massively different to this Palace team. They were a good attacking team - unlike this Palace team. I vividly remember that game. It was one of the worst home performances ive seen from us in my lifetime, and with that one of the worst individual performances ive seen in Poulsen. That team is a mile off this current Liverpool team. We were struggling in the bottom six at the time, while this team is in the top 2. No offence but it's an awful comparison, and backing Crystal Palace to win is in all honesty a waste of time. It's one thing losing against a top 8 side like Southampton, and it's another thing losing to a bottom two side. As a Liverpool fan, i can advise it's best to lay us at small odds against the likes of Southampton, Swansea, Everton and any other potential top half side. Not against a bottom half team - the type we usually beat quite convincingly last season.

Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace > Saturday October 5th That Blackpool side had a lot more quality though as well. This current Palace side is full of Premiership rejects and is basically a mediocre championship team in terms of quality. Their defence is woeful and simply will not be able to keep out Suarez/Sturridge/Gerrard. I understand what people are saying when they talk of Liverpool's inconsistency but this is not a potential banana skin for me. Comparing Palace to Southampton is also really ridiculous for me. Southampton have much more quality and organisation. As a Plymouth Argyle fan I am a big fan of Holloway, I think he's an excellent manager and a great character who plays attractive attacking football everywhere he goes. However, he just doesn't have the quality in his squad to back his ambition with Palace. I don't think there is any great value in betting on this game though. If I were to bet I'd be looking at Sturridge to score @ 1.73 with Betfred which seems decent for small stakes.