Cheltenham Friday

Re: Cheltenham Friday xodale - welcome to the PL & thanks for tipping the favourite! You will learn like most other newbies that unless it is a bets thread, you need to really post some form of analysis otherwise we end up with endless posts like yours. No offence meant, just saying what others will think. I will be glad to hear if your'e a racing fan as there are only a handful of us on here.

Re: Cheltenham Friday xodale, you didnt get the point & you must read the rules. when have you posted the bet with trabolgan? that is aftereventing - something that is not allowed on here for obvious reasons. Penzance is 2nd fav & my point was that we could all tip up a fav with no analysis but it helps us all if you tell us why it will win. Good luck with your bet.

Re: Cheltenham Friday 5.20 cheltenham BALAPOUR E/W Relatives from Ireland phoned me up regarding 2 horses, the first one duly obliged on monday at 10/1 and the other one is Balapour for a place, 25/1 generally available!! GL all!!:hope Dont know anything else about the horse just thought I would let you know what I've heard!!

Re: Cheltenham Friday Well Gold Cup day is here, i cant see past Grey Abbey, on a formline with Cloudy Bays i think the grey has the beating of Beef or Salmon. Personally its one of my favourite horses but that is not influencing me. I fancied Beef or Salmon for ages but have had a change of heart. We all know what form the connections are in, Dashing grey who goes from strength to strength; dented some bigger reputations with bold displays from the front in the Charlie Hall (beat Sir Rembrandt) and Pillar Chases (Therealbandit and Royal Auclair well held); capable of a big run but trainer concerned about his soundness. The trainer was worried about ID staying the trip, well he nead'nt of i dont think he should be worrying about his grey either. :ok Brilliant jumper as well. Im going Win, and at the f/c 8s!! yea 8s, e/w as well as a saver incase were pipped :D GL whatever your on !!!

Re: Cheltenham Friday Triumph hurdle To date all the irish horses with soft ground form have struggled to get the trip on the good ground this week. Publican, Justified, Royal Paradise & Queen Astrid have all been found wanting when the gas has been turned on whereas the likes of Arcalis & No Refuge have stormed up the hill to win thier races. I will therefore be considering the chances of Akilak, Yankeedoodledandy, Cerium all of whom have good course form. The race that Akilak beat Yankeedoodledandy was slower than when Yankeedoodledandy won previously on the track. Cerium's win was faster than both. Ceriums only defeat in 4 hurdle races came at Chepstow on heavy ground which the horse obviously hated, it then proved it's wellbeing coming out after a couple of months break on better ground to win nicely at wincanton which serves as a good pre-cheltenham track as Inglis drever proved today. I dont think there is much between Akilak & Yankeedoodledandy & i prefer the latter of the 2, however my main money will be on Cerium with a saver on the other 2.

Re: Cheltenham Friday Have read this could be Abbey's last run. Which is a shame as I'd taken him ante post at 28-1 in the Grand National, and I'd much prefer to cheer him on in that. If it rains, I think he'll place. It's a great horse, great jumper but hasn't won a Grade 1. If he does run, it'll be exciting as it's a front runner, and that'll mean someone will have to take it on in the last part, so plenty of shouting at the telly. Kicking King is my place choice. Now coming into favourite on BetDaq, and joint favourite else where. Despite it's ability to give the world a heart attack on Boxing Day with that 'jump' at the last. This is from the word I've been given by a colleague. Then again I know nothing about horses, but I do like shouting at telly when they run...

Re: Cheltenham Friday Gold cup much maligned this year due to the defections recently, however will still be a fascinating race. I am only looking at 8/9 year olds with proven stamina over 3m+ on good ground, course form also considered. We have been carried away by the Best Mate factor the last 3 years but previous to that, some horses came into the race with variant form but managed to win the race. I have 2 to consider Therealbandit & Take the stand. Therealbandit came into last years race as the talking horse & disappointed. It has been campaigned lightly this season with 3 runs at Cheltenham (1 over hurdles) the last of which when Grey Abbey ran away with the pillar chase winning in good style by 16l. I have that feeling the Pipe/Johnson/McCoy team are going to say this is thier best bet of the week after a disappointing meeting for them all. It has the course form, the right ground & will have been trained to perfection for the race. At 20/1, i think there is a bit of value here. With Take the stand, there is always a horse that comes through the race at a big price to be placed. The horse is a marathon stayer & loves fast ground. Has form lines putting it in same league as Sir Rembrandt yet a 50/1 shot with some firms. I will take the 50/1 each way. Will be a shock if it wins but can see it gaining a place in a race where some wont stay.

Re: Cheltenham Friday vincent o brien - 5.20 im very interested in Monte Cinto, ive had my eye on him for a little while, theres is something about him which makes me want to back him. He had a great end to last year - racking up a nice little hatrick of wins with the will hill handi hurdle the last of the lot. having said that his form took a big hit in his nexts two runs, losing out convicingly. monte cinto came a smart 3rd at sandown on the weekend - i think he looked very good indeed - maybe a little bit extra to come from him today.

Re: Cheltenham Friday 2.00 Penzance Fair 1m2f performer on the Flat who has impressed with the speed he has shown to notch up hat-trick of wins over hurdles. 2.35 The form book gives a very solid chance to battle-hardened BREWSTER, who will appreciate the return to this trip and goes well on the track. 3.15 Celestial Gold Rapid ascent through ranks in only second season chasing, coming from well off the pace to land valuable Paddy Power and Hennessy Gold Cups

Re: Cheltenham Friday Coral cup Done a long post last night on this race only for PC to crash! Trends show that the race is suited to 5 year olds, who have had 3 or more runs this season & have either won or been creditably placed in similar handicaps. Pipe has a poor record in this with 1 winner from 32 runners & only 2 placed horses. Taking out the 2 pipe 5yo's we are left with: King Revo Its Crucial Monte Cinto It also pays to be under the 14/1 mark. I expect both King Revo & Monte Cinto will be today. King revo form has been franked by the running of Bongo Fury & through that line, Idole first would be behind King Revo. Idole won the coral this week at 33/1. I will be taking King Revo at 12/1 Stanley Bet & Monte Cinto 14/1 Stanleybet.

Re: Cheltenham Friday ok final day is here: Triumph Akilak 1pt win Yankeedoodledandy 1pt ew @ 14/1 Cerium 2pts win @ 8/1 Novice hurdle Brewster 2pts win Moulin Riche 1pt win Gold Cup Therealbandit 1pt ew @ 20/1 Take the stand 1pt ew @ 50/1 Foxhunters Sleeping Night 2pts win Grand Annual Tysou 2pts win @ 10/1 Coral Cup King Revo 3pts win @ 12/1 Monte Cinto 2pts win @ 14/1 22pts staked I also have antepost doubles on Kicking King 10/1 Carte Diamond 25/1 Earthmover 16/1 Posted in Cheltenham thread back in early Feb. All run today, so will be interested in these also.

Re: Cheltenham Friday Herp, thanks:ok I would like to add in another horse today who just seems way overpriced at 66/1 (UK betting) - Bleu Superbe trained by Venetia Williams who has been a bit quiet lately. This horse ran a great race at Sandown behind Oneway which is very good form. Since that race has fallen when leading behind Palua when favourite. LTO was behind oneway again & impek at Sandown when leading to 3 out & then weakened. Was only beaten 22l that day, but stopped running when beaten. Just think the horse is capable of a big race, its speed rating is good also backed up by the RP selection by Topspeed today. Bleu Superbe 66/1 1pt ew

Re: Cheltenham Friday Well done Bowles - i know f all about horses, but i follow that tempelgate dude whenever he says bet max on a horse...he's pulled it off twice, today with Kicking King, and yesterday with inglis denver or whatever hes called! This guy deserves many a drink from me! One horse i used to follow was one called Trillema, it easily won its first 3 races, then had a penalty on it next race and done quite poor and hasnt been seen since! Anyone know whats happened to it?

Re: Cheltenham Friday

Coral cup It also pays to be under the 14/1 mark. I expect both King Revo & Monte Cinto will be today. King revo form has been franked by the running of Bongo Fury & through that line, Idole first would be behind King Revo. Idole won the coral this week at 33/1. I will be taking King Revo at 12/1 Stanley Bet & Monte Cinto 14/1 Stanleybet.
:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Re: Cheltenham Friday Triumph Akilak 1pt win...............3rd Yankeedoodledandy 1pt ew @ 14/1 Cerium 2pts win @ 8/1....4th Novice hurdle Brewster 2pts win..........3rd Moulin Riche 1pt win.......1st 9/1:D Gold Cup Therealbandit 1pt ew @ 20/1 Take the stand 1pt ew @ 50/1...2nd:D Foxhunters Sleeping Night 2pts win............1st 7/2:D Grand Annual Tysou 2pts win @ 10/1..............4th Coral Cup King Revo 3pts win @ 12/1 Monte Cinto 2pts win @ 14/1 22pts staked I also have antepost doubles on Kicking King 10/1:D Carte Diamond 25/1 Earthmover 16/1 Posted in Cheltenham thread back in early Feb. All run today, so will be interested in these also. a good day with 2 winners & a nice 50/1 ew shot. I am absolutley knackered now & need a rest! Another enjoyable cheltenham. Thanks to all the posters. PS - xodale, you cannot speak about a win that was not posted previous to the race, dat is dem rules!

know f all about horses, but i follow that tempelgate dude whenever he says bet max on a horse...he's pulled it off twice, today with Kicking King, and yesterday with inglis denver or whatever hes called!
Who is this tempelgate fella please ?? Thanks, Col

well done Herp & xodale on penzance:clap well doen the physician on Kicking king. I had Kicking King in all my ante post doubles but nothing yet with it!!
Don't thank me, thank my good friend the Dealer... I wish I'd followed the bloke on Takethestand at 33-1 in the bookies though. he spotted the market movement very nicely.

Re: Cheltenham Friday Col Mar - He's a horse tipstar for the sun newspaper and basically at least once a week he makes a prediction saying he will be going max stakes on this horse and advise people to do so and ive done it around 5 times and they have all won. The two on friday, one called transit before and i dont remember the other 2. I find it to be quite profitable compared to the rest of the lot.

Re: Cheltenham Friday Kiko1983 - Cheers. Do you know if his predictions are published online? If not, it would be great if someone who follows them could post the max stake ones on a thread in here. I feel at a loss this week without Cheltenham - what a week it was!! Col

Re: Cheltenham Friday No idea about them being online - he posts tips for every race everyday in the sun but they are not much use. I will try to post up his max stakes bets whenever i see them - usually saturdays and sometimes he has them through the week!