Rio Jackpot Bankroll Builder

Hooloovoo

Hi everyone...! After a very very long break from these forums, i'm back! :loon (I somewhat "blame" Diablo III for consuming my time for at least a year!) I will start a little challenge for myself, namely play Rio Jackpot SNG at IPoker network (Bet365 client). These are 6-handed 1-table SNG's, whereas you win 6 in a row, you win a progressive jackpot of at least $30.000 :loon There is also a consolation prize of $300 if you manage to place top-two in 6 in a row. The buyin is $20 + $3.50, which is $1.50 more than the usual 10% fee. My estimate is that the consolation prize should roughly make up for the increased fee. A streak of 6 top-two places in the span of 200 6-seat SNG's seems doable. But! The challenge is really about building my bankroll a bit (and to see if i can still do this poker-thingie). Will probably start later tonight and i will update this thread quite often. Nice to be back!

Re: Rio Jackpot Bankroll Builder GL and keep us updated:ok The odds if every one at the table was equal of the $300 bonus are 728/1 I think. Let us know what you think of the standard of the players, often wondered if above average players would have an edge here due to plenty weaker players chasing dreams. Sharkscope would be interesting to see just how much some are down in these games.

Good luck hooloovoo, look forward to following your progress with interest too. I tried similar many years ago myself, winning 4 in a row once (needed 5 on a lower buyin level) in a batch of a couple of hundred attempts. Then proceeded to mess up the 5th as subconsciously played differently knowing the value placed on it. My advice is therefore to try and play the games without paying too much attention to short term outcome, ie try to play the 6th the same as you would the 1st, then look back at results and see if you achieved it or not. Multitabling can help with this but double check specific jackpot rules (start time of sng used or finish time etc?) Also double check claiming procedure, in my day I think emphasis was on player to manually claim jackpot within a certain timescale, don't miss out or forget ;) Echo what Ed says, as with all sngs practising your icm ranges is vital and should give you a slight edge against the fishier nature of the average player. The increased rake and usually faster structure (quicker levels and/or smaller starting stack) do make these more difficult to get a bankroll building yield from though. Probably better valued sngs elsewhere for building purposes, but as a shot taking exercise, worth a stab, good luck :hope Pretty sure a member did win the jackpot once. If you can achieve 36%+ top 3 with a 12%+ win rate over the longer term (ideally 1,000 sngs or at least a couple of hundred) you'd be beating a typical 10% raked top 3 paid stt sng with a decent roi or at least low buyin levels without many regs.

Re: Rio Jackpot Bankroll Builder Some good input there Bart. I noticed, for the 3 games i did play yesterday, that it was almost the same players in all of them. The rules say that a 6-win streak is not eligable for the jackpot if the same players are in all 6, so that is something to keep in mind. Also, i am aware that there probably are better sng's for building purposes, but i am (at least for now) a little bit intruiged by that jackpot. Guess i will just play some and then we'll see. Maybe i switch to other types of sng's later, but for now, i will stick to these for a while. About Sharkscope, this player was in all three sng's: http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/iPoker/players/magda218 Steady loosing. This one also in all three. Looks like loosing player with a few really big MTT wins: http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/iPoker/players/HellChicKKen

Re: Rio Jackpot Bankroll Builder Checked Sharkscope on 7 players so far who i have seen play Rio. 1 was about breakeven, the other 6 steady loosers, some of them have lost ALOT. Used up todays free searches, thinking about getting that "200 searches for $10". Knowing your opponents is crucial.

Re: Rio Jackpot Bankroll Builder Thanks for the tip Senshi. Apparently 5 searches free per day there as well. Anyways, i have checked 20 players now that i have spotted on these tables. Of these 20, 16 were loosing (some heavily), 2 were about breakeven and 2 were winning players. So 4 out of 5 loosing so far. And i got the names of the players to avoid :) Played another one earlier which i won! :nana