** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Saturday 17th august

corky

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 1515 newbury 1pt win soft falling rain 6/4 bet365 unbeaten colt makes his uk debut, and with ground/trip well within his capabilites, and i would like to think he could continue his winning run and extend it to 8 wins.paul hanagan has been on this horse on last 3 wins, and i am hopeful this can continue on saturday

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 3.15 Newbury Group 2 contest 7 furlongs Gregorian 4/1 Stan James We have here a very tight contest as the betting market says and in my view its pretty right. Favourite Soft Falling Rain will in my view be a lot worse on Turf than on the artificial surface and he meets tommorrow very strong Group 1 animals who are proven on this ground. I dont see the chance and it makes the book. Casper Netscher a quite massive horse will improve on the 2nd run this season and lost a Head to Head vs Gregorian in Chantilly already. Tawhid isnt far away but in my view a bit to small type as 3 year old. The form over Garswood is related to Casper Netscher. So i feel my selection should be around the 3/1 mark in that race as won the Head to Head vs CNetscher and raced vs the best animals in the last races. I always thought when paddock reviewing this horse is in the mix, when running in Ascot and Goodwood the last races. Its a picture of a horse not a massive horse but a very athletic flexible runner. Here is a picture if you wanna see the horse: http://library.racingfotos.com/advsearch.tlx?advsearchid=1376718420

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 15.30 Ripon: El Viento, 14/1 >Betfred, e/w El Viento has won twice at Ripon from four runs, including the consolation for today's race last year over c&d. He ran well lto to finish fifth in a good handicap at Glorious Goodwood. He has gone up a pound after that run but he should still be competitive off his current mark. Trainer Richard Fahey is in decent form and Dale Swift is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 3.50 Newbury - Glen Moss 1pt win @ 6/1 BetVictor This horses last 3 runs have been very good, finishing 4th to the progressive Diescentric, winning at Doncaster off 87 and then finishing 4th to Galician at Ascot. He races off the same mark as last time out so he must have a chance in this slightly less competitive race. Johnny Murtagh takes the ride which is an obvious plus.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 20.00 Lingfield Santadelacruze - 1PT Win 5/2 Bet365 The Gary Moore trained Santadelacruze won over course and distance last time out and has only been raised 4lb for that victory, a similar performance should see him involved at the finish. Last year he performed well in better races and now he has a win to his name he can improve further. He seems to perform best on the all weather surface and the distance looks ideal also. George Baker was on board when he won last time out and he has the ride again in this race.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august Sat 17th Aug 2013 3.30 Ripon (20 runners) I've almost talked myself out of backing most of these, but one I've come back to more than others is RODRIGO DE TORRES. The Dandy Nicholls trained 6yo has been in decent form this summer, and his done OK at some big odds. Finished 3rd round here in April and won at Hamilton on penultimate start. Behind 4 of these LTO at York, but wasn't helped by the fall of Bogart that day and regardless, with claimer on board is now on very attractive mark and could go well at nice odds. RODRIGO DE TORRES 0.5pt E/W @ 33/1 (BOG Boyles)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 710 Market Rasen: Pineau De Re 3/1 Bet365/PP This looks a very good opportunity for the Ex-Irish chaser to open his account since joining Dr Richard Newland. The yard are going great guns and this horse has been highly tried since switching yards and will find this company much more to his liking. Didnt go on the firm ground last time but it was a hot race and the yard won it anyway with Bobowen. Before that ran ok at Uttoxeter until weakening over the last two fences. The grade, ground, trip all look ideal and i'll be disappointed if he doesn't go close here.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august Chester 2.35 - Weisse Socken - 6/1 bog betvictor Competitive little nursery here which could be run to suit my horse One of the 5 runners left in is up sharply in class and though has won her last 2 I'm going to overlook her (Lilo Lil) The other 3 have all been front running and presumably one reason they're running here is because the track suits front runners..............so I think they might all fight for the lead and not adopt a gentlemanly 'after you, Claude' if the 3 of them go at it my horse could be well placed to pick up the pieces and as a bonus she is the only C winner in the field and this can be a tricky track for inexperienced horses

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august 3:30 Ripon: El Viento 1pt win 14/1 Stan James El Viento has some cracking course form and that is a factor which has heavily influenced the outcome of this race recently. He is also drawn close to a rail and again in these big sprints its often a big plus. El Viento is a little higher than his last win here, however he has been in solid form of late and looks very likely to go close.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august

3.50 Newbury - Glen Moss 1pt win @ 6/1 BetVictor This horses last 3 runs have been very good, finishing 4th to the progressive Diescentric, winning at Doncaster off 87 and then finishing 4th to Galician at Ascot. He races off the same mark as last time out so he must have a chance in this slightly less competitive race. Johnny Murtagh takes the ride which is an obvious plus.
Well done ya hure ya! I knew it would be you, you never lost it. Gotta go find a winner now :loon Well done other winners and a nice 33/1 place, great stuff folks.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 17th august Later runners

710 Market Rasen: Pineau De Re 3/1 Bet365/PP This looks a very good opportunity for the Ex-Irish chaser to open his account since joining Dr Richard Newland. The yard are going great guns and this horse has been highly tried since switching yards and will find this company much more to his liking. Didnt go on the firm ground last time but it was a hot race and the yard won it anyway with Bobowen. Before that ran ok at Uttoxeter until weakening over the last two fences. The grade, ground, trip all look ideal and i'll be disappointed if he doesn't go close here.
20.00 Lingfield Santadelacruze - 1PT Win 5/2 Bet365 The Gary Moore trained Santadelacruze won over course and distance last time out and has only been raised 4lb for that victory, a similar performance should see him involved at the finish. Last year he performed well in better races and now he has a win to his name he can improve further. He seems to perform best on the all weather surface and the distance looks ideal also. George Baker was on board when he won last time out and he has the ride again in this race.