BBOTD - Thursday 18th July

20.50 Epsom: Hawaiian Dream @ 8/1 Bet365 Missed the 10/1 offered by PP but still think this is a big price for arguably the least exposed horse in the field. She had only five starts to date, did not too badly in her maidens, finished a respectable 2nd (even though a good deal beaten) to subsequent Group 3 placed Jathabah on her Handicap debut and was then a rather unlucky horse here at Epsom recently, when she travelled well but was still green in the closing stages. She got visibly irritated when she got the whip in her face of a jockey of a rival who was travelling beside her. She drifted towards the rails, and got unbalanced soon after again which cost her every chance, while she galloped all the way to the line once straighten up again. She should have learnt plenty from this experience, as well as from the fact that this was her first start at Epsom where she appears tomorrow again. Promising young apprentice Oisin Murphy is booked for the ride who is well worth his 7lb claim as he's flying at the moment and riding with confidence. So while the rest of the field doesn't make much appeal I think Hawaiian Dream has a good chance to get finally off the mark.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July B2.50 Lady Valtas e/w 66/1 Bet365 I'll start by saying that on all known form, this one hasn't got a cat in hells chance ! However, I think you can get the odd massive improvement from some horses when various headgear is applied for the first time and both the tongue tie and visor are applied here. Indeed the sires progeny have a great record when a visor is applied. On breeding again, the horse should be suited by the track and the jockey has a really good record here and she takes off a further 5lbs. The horse is only having its 2nd run for its current stable which might also bring about improvement, and it's encountering these conditions for the first time having never raced over less than a mile thus far.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 7.55 DONCASTER ZARAEE 6/4 (BetVictor #BOG) Zaraee won a maiden 14 days ago showing greenness at different stages but he'll be for sure one to look for considering his pedigree and the trust connections put in this 200,000 gns colt already entered in a Group 2 race later in the season. In Haydock he has beaten Rogue Wave who had benfit of experience and previously ran at Ascot like Andhesontherun who'll run today. I've noticed Ascot form isn't working out very well at medium/low level so the fav is worth opposing today. Firm ground not a problem, absolutely manageable race (do not forget it's a class 5 contest), Haggas usually flies with 2yo in early summer and Hanagan (who's a decent jockey) already has experience on the horse. Small field of 4 runners so it's worth a try at the price.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 440 Leicester: Reset City 6/4 Bet365/PP I thought Liam Jones gave Reset City a poor ride lats time at Chester and i'm ignoring that disappointing run and can make amends here in a weak race. Franny Norton gets the leg up and he's been riding plenty of winners for Johnston lately and the horse can return to the form of his good second at Ayr which made him fav last time.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 1510 leicester 1 pt win telescope 8/15 bet365 ex derby favourite making his debut in a 3 horse conditions stake race,maybe not what was expected when he set out as a 2 year old,but after a few setbacks it is just good that he has made it back on a racecourse,dont think it will easy, with the bin suroor in the field, but i would like to think that the patience that sir michael stoute has shown it must be showing something on the gallops

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July Epsom 7.45 - Magic City (1pts win, 15/8 Stan James) I think this looks a decent chance for Magic City to get his head in front again after his third lto at Chester where the ground probably didn't see him to his best. There doesn't look like there's too much in depth in this race with Spirit of Sharjah the big danger.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 4:00 HAMILTON CHANT @ 4/1 paddypower Stepping upto 13 furlongs today, and has shaped up before as this longer trip will suit him. Is gradually improving and even as a 2 year old shaped as though he would be suited to the longer distances and so it's proving, and a 4lb rise shouldn't be a problem at all. I am inclined to ignore the older horses in this race, and the other 2, 3 year olds don't have great form to be honest with you. CHANT has the chance today to step up and thrive at this distance, and should show it's well handicapped and progessive for this field today. Milesey

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 4.30 Hamilton - 1pt win Here Why And Now @ 9/2 (Hills) The top weight in here should absolutely love conditions with a stiff five furlongs absolutely ideal and he's run well on virtually all starts at this Scottish venue. 412437 are his figures at the track and the 7th can be forgiven for coming on unsuitably soft ground. All of his wins have come on a sound surface and from a handy draw in stall 8 he should be putting up a strong effort here. He can regularly get a bit outpaced out the back of the field early on but usually comes home with a real rattle and that was the case at Ayr when we last saw him. The stiffer finish here will play to his strengths and the stronger handling will also help with Graham Gibbons booked the take the ride (taking over from Serena Brotherton). It's also interesting that the visor is reached for this afternoon. He's only once been made to wear one on the track and it's a bit surprising as he ran well when he did. He was only beaten 1 1/4l here on that occasion, as well as suffering from a lack of a clear run, so it's no negative that the headgear is reached for. He held a more prominent early position that day too so if it can perk him up in the early stages then that can only help his chances. Gibbons has a tidy 16% strike rate at Hamilton and I'd be disappointed if he didn't go close to improving his record on Jardine's charge.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 8.35 Leopardstown - Dane Street each way - 16/1 Bet365 -Ronan Whelan taking off a very good 3lbs -CD winner -Both runs at the track have come over CD and both runs have been very good winning once and finishing only 4 lengths behind Princess Highway -Latest run could have come too soon -Fast ground will suit judging on breeding -Yard in form

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July Dolly Diva 5.50 Donny betVictor 28/1 1pt win This nag has had 14 starts to date and is yet to get her head in front but has placed a few times off a mark off 60. Races off 49 this evening and the in form Jordan Nason is on board. He was on the horse LTO at Beverely where he went from last to 6th in the last 2 furlongs after getting stuck in behind a wall of horses. With the wee man in form and the a useful mark the horse might just get its head in front..

700 Leop - Heart Focus - 11/4 - Corals A sad day today as both laptops went to the shop on the same day!!! Blue screen of doom for one too.... :( Heart Focus beat the fav for the above race 3l at Royal Ascot but is 5x the price. Exposed ill grant u but should give her running and 11/4 is more than fair on the limited form we have to go on.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 8.30 DONCASTER HIT THE JACKPOT....7/2 STAN JAMES..The ex Dermot Weld horse, looks like he will do well for his new yard, now down to 83, he should be capable off this mark, my only worry would be the head gear not being used, But I reckon he is good enough without it, hopefully tonights the night.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 18th July 8.50 Epsom: Khelac, 9/2 Bet365, win Khelac is having his third run in eight days tonight. He finished third yesterday off the same mark over 10f on the a/w at Lingfield. He ran well for a long way but just didn't have anything in the tank to kick on at the end and the drop back in trip to a mile will suit. If yesterday hasn't taken too much out of him, he should go close. Eight days ago, he won easily over 9f on similar ground to what he gets tonight. Jockey Shelley Birkett is having a good season with 9 winners from 45 rides, including one on this track. Having watched a few of her rides, she is more than competent and looks good value for her seven pound claim.