Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Fader

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

2pts J.Chardy to beat M.Raonic 3.25 Bet365 1pts J.Chardy to win 2-0 5.00 Bet365
I'm going against Raonic again here. He is at a barron spell right now and until he improves his return he won't ever progress. Chardy is by no means a fantastic hard-court player, but then neither is Matosevic who beat Raonic last week. Chardy this year had a fantastic Australian Open in which he beat Granollers, Seppi & most impressively Del Potro. Last year he also beat Murray on the hard-courts. Chardy can also serve well and although maybe not to Raonic's big serve standard he has still hit 86 aces this year on the hard so Raonic will have a tough time breaking and Chardy is 100% the better returner. Head-2-head reads 1-0 to Raonic last year in paris but that was the indoor hard and even that match went to 3 sets & 2 tie-breaks. Raonic if he goes 1 set down can lose heart and if that happens this could easily be a repeat of the Matosevic game so I'm also going for 2-0 Chardy. Either way this is value and I'm all about value. Anyone that wants a surer bet maybe plump for games.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts E.Gulbis to beat F.Fognini (-2.5 games) 1.80 >Bet365 Fognini is really riding a wave right now and it seems to have transitioned to the hard-court too now but I think this is where it ends. Gulbis is a hard-court player and Fognini just isn't. Gulbis has a 10-1 win/loss this year, has beaten the likes of Haas and taken a set from Nadal. Fognini beat Gulbis in their only hard-court encounter but I really can't see him doing it again today. He may take a set though so I'll take the handicap. 2pts T.Haas -4.5 games to beat M.Matosevic 2.20 >Bet365 Haas has looked decent on the hard-courts recently. He has only lost to Del Potro since returning to the hard from the clay. If he can improve the serving and cut out the double-faults then I see him winning her comfortably. These 2 met last year and Haas covered this handicap that day in straight sets. 3pts N.Davydenko to beat P.Andujar 2-0 1.80 >Bet365 Andujar is not a good hard-court player. I don't have a clue what Weintraub was upto in the last round but I will be again against Andujar here. Before beating Weintraub he had only beaten Steve Johnson on the hard-court this year and had a 8/12 win/loss last year too. Davydenko has beaten Ferrer on the hard this year aswell as Youzhny & Tipsarevic. 2pts M.Youzhny to beat M.Raonic 2.20 >Bet365 1pts M.Youzhny to win 2-0 3.50 >Bet365 Shame I didn't get in to this early this morning as the odds have dropped like a stone. Youzhny will win this. Raonic is rubbish simple as that. Any half decent player beats Raonic nowadays and Youzhny despite his poor record this year loves playing big servers. His record against the likes of Karlo & Isner prove this and I think he should win here 2-0.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Snooker treble wins but one was a W/O so with Bet365 thats a void and the odds are only 2.62 lol - so +0.65pts there Gulbis covers the handicap. Haas withdrew with injury so void. Davydenko wins 2-1 the plank and Youhzny was terrible. bank now 156.65pts 2.65pts Swansea to beat Malmo 1.90 Bet365 4pts H.Stenson to be top Swedish player in the PGA 1.72 Bet365

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] 2pts R.Nadal [-4.5 games] to beat J.Janowicz 2.00 Bet365 I watched both of these twos matches yesterday, in parts and Nadal looks on top form right now. I backed Levine to win first set and the very first game he had advantage and needed to break and didn't and it was all downhill for him from that moment. Nadal won pretty much the remaining games aswell as a 6-0 2nd set. Janowicz was very dodgy with some of his serving, especially when he was serving for the set in both set 1 and 3. Dancevic I also backed and he could of easily won that match. Nadal to win here on the handicap. I wouldn't expect Janowicz to get more than 7 games unless he serves alot better then he did yesterday. 2pts A.Bogomolov to beat N.Davydenko 2.62 Bet365 Davydenko's results just havent convinced me atall. He should of beat Andujar easily and too many times he lost his serve. Shame he didn't lose because players with this much effort deserve to lose. Bogo has beaten Llodra and then David Ferrer. Now maybe Ferrer wasn't giving his all but most important thing is Bogo served well and against Davydenko who practically is giving his serve away it means Bogo should win his own service games and contest Davys which is why I'm betting Bogo. 2pts M.Raonic to beat Del Potro 2.50 Bet365 Yuck! I feel sick but the candians only play for one part of the year and this seems to be it. This bet is more to do with how injured and tired Del Potro looks. He had some treatment on his back and after this treatment he had a really poor set.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog]

Series bets : 5pts England to win 1st test AND series 2.00 Bet365 I fancy England in the first test and for me it's a shoe-in that they will win the series so the evens price seems decent. England with Cook, Root, Pieterson, Trott and Bell are very strong at the bat and also have the likes of Prior who can also bat well. They also have a better bowling attack too with Anderson, Finn & Swann and for me they should win this comfortably. 2pts M.Starc (top Australian bowler) 4.00 Bet365 Tends to do well against England. Has taken 4 wickets in the last 2 matches against England he has played. He always gives Cook problems and even Cook admits that. Any quick left-arm's are going to cause him problems, it's a weakness for him. If others follow suit we could have a few problems. 3pts Ashes Series - Ground with Most runs [Trent Bridge 5.00 Bet365] Rumours of a dry, flat wicket and lots of sunshine should mean alot of runs. We have seen plenty of centuries here in county cricket and it wouldn't surprise me with the pure adrenaline and perhaps alittle nervousness in the field if we see the most runs here
First bet is now officially a winner. Starc bet I'm saying is a loser as he would need all 20 wickets in the final test lol. 3rd bet is still active and hopefully will be a nice winner. +3pts and one outstanding. bank now 159pts

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Tennis previews (4pm) ATP Cincinnati : - 2pts F.Lopez to beat K.Nishikori 3.40 Bet365 Overpriced I think. Lopez isn't the best on the hard-court but he can serve well on these quick surfaces and that should mean he holds his serve well. Nishikori didn't look too impressive in Montreal losing sets to lowly players and so I'll take the value bet here. They have a 1 each head-2-head but none was played on outside hard. 2.5pts K.Anderson to win the 1st set Vs T.Haas 1.80 Bet365 Haas retired vs Matosevic in Montreal and he is going to have a tough match here against one of the biggest servers in the game. The kind of serve this court is made for. Haas is going to find it very, very hard to break against Anderson and I think the 1st set (although possibly going to a tie-break) will go to Anderson so I'll take that bet and it could also win money from a potential forfeit in the 2nd set if Haas is still injured. 2pts P.Andujar to beat B.Becker 2.37 Bet365 Just think this again is a too big price. Andujar is by no means a great, or even good hard-court player but he is improved as of late. Be beat Smyczek without any fuss and I think he will have abit too much for Becker too, who has a poor record himself on the hard-courts this season.

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] argh! another loss. Blackburn are in trouble. 155pts Football starts tomorrow and some season bets. Infact quite a few bets now : Season bets : Premiership top Goalscorer 1pt R.Soldado [19.00 Bet365] : 1pt E.Dzeko [34.00 Bet365] : 1pt O.Giroud [41.00 Bet365] : 1pt L.Remy [67.00 Bet365] Relegation threesome 1pt C.Palace , Hull & Sunderland [29.00 Bet365] Silly bet 0.5pts Chelsea to go unbeaten this season [81.00 Bet365] Team Top g/s 2pts N.Jelavic top Everton scorer 6.00 Bet365 2pts E.Dzeko top Man City scorer 7.00 Bet365 2.5pts M.Vydra top West Brom scorer 4.00 Bet365

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Tomorrow's games bets : Liverpool V Stoke 2.5pts Under 2.5 goals 2.00 Bet365 0.5pts No first goalscorer 11.00 Bet365 West Ham V Cardiff 3pts West Ham to beat Cardiff 2.00 Bet365 Sunderland V Fulham 2pts Fulham to beat Sunderland 3.40 Bet365 West Brom V Southampton 2pts West Brom to beat Southampton 2.40 Bet365 1pt serious accy West Ham / Tottenham / Wigan [6.80 Bet365] 0.5pts silly accy West B / West H / Spurs / Fulham / Chelsea / Draw [Norwich V Everton] [123.00 Bet365]

Re: Bet of the day thread [Fader's blog] Decent day. Unders come in as Liverpool won 1-0. West Ham won 2-0. Come on you irons :) Fulham beat Sunderland 1-0. West Brom for some reason left their best striker on the bench at home and started with old man Anelka and lost 1-0. The accys didn't come in ofcourse and that means bank for today is +6.30pts bank now 161.30pts In the outrights, Giroud has started perfectly scoring 1 in 1. Sunderland have lost a game they should of got a result from and I still think will have a hard task this season. Let's hope we can get to 200pts nice and quickly now the football season has started.