** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD > Thursday 6th June

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June *Strumble Head > Ffos Las 4:35 > Each-way @ 12/1 VC BOG* Has won three times at Ffos Las. Ran a very poor race here last time out when last of 5, and has to put that effort well behind him or else I am in trouble. However, enjoys the track, has won over the trip, enjoys good ground. Handicapper possibly has him off a tough mark to win with, but is 1 pound lower than when 2nd to Pigeon Island at Uttoxeter last September. Bowen yard has been in good fettle, and with 8 runners, 12/1 looks a nice each-way price.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 21.00 Sandown: Kelpie Blitz @ 18/1 Ladbrokes Kelpie Blitz most recent performance at Leicester was one of the strangest rides I've seen. The horse was keen throughout the whole race, even pulling entering the 3f pole! The jockey looked actually to have a good deal of horse beneath him 2f out though but he never asked the horse a serious question. Maybe he felt the horses didn't have anything left due to the hard pulling, but for me it looked rather like a case of not riding the horse to finish in the best possible position. Anyway, I think this horse is much better than this last performance, it was his first start this season as well. He should improve from that and it looks to me as if he could be ahead of his mark. He won at Kempton in November with a bit in hand, producing a nice turn of foot from well off the pace over 10f and I feel he is potentially very dangerous tomorrow and could go well for a big price, if the handbrake is off. Baker booked for the ride suggest that might be the case, as trainer Durack likes to use him for his better horses.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 5.10 FFOS LAS KANTURK @ 8/1 Bet 365 BOG Ran really well after a long time off last time out and this 3m trip looked right up his street, runs off the same mark tonight and conditions ideal in a race that is a class lower today. The Bowen stable have been in fine form for a month or so and it could continue with this one today.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 15:25 Ffos Las Finmerello - Gah, was 11/2 I finish nights and a point gone through the night. Jason McGuire is coming for this sole ride of Kim Bailey's. Finmerello is dropping to a 0-95 as still to win a race but the good going looks to be a plus and hopefully Jason will do enough to earn a bit of wage. Was 10 length second to a well handicapped horse LTO and 18 lengths ahead of the rest of the field similar display should warrant her a 1st on her record. 1pt win 9/2 bet365

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 1540 brighton 1pt win layline 13/2 bet365 the interest for me here is the partnership of luke morris and gay kellaway,they have teamed up 8 times in 2013 and have has 3 winners and a place,37% strike rate,and the trainer has only had 2 runners at brighton this year with 1 winner,with no winners out of 18 in previous years,the horse has won 5 times,3 turf and 2 all weather,and although he has not won since last october,could play a part in this small field

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 5.55 Worcester: Special Account (9/4 Bet365/PP) Thought this would be the favourite to be honest so 9/4 looks good value to me. Special Account won a couple of novice hurdles in good style last season and then was upped in class and couldnt cope with the likes of The New One and Wonderful Charm. Has won a PTP so chasing was always going to be his game and this looks a nice introduction to fences as they dont take much jumping at Worcester. Likes to be held up off the pace and the only worry is if market rival Brassick gets first run as they turn for home, should be spot on after his run last time and hopefully up to the task. Jockey Nick Schofield will hopefully be on board although i hear he lost his dad yesterday (who was also a good jockey) so maybe he has other things on his mind.

Well Hello There 4.35pm Ffos Las 1pt win 13-2 sporting bet Fine 2nd at Wetherby on chase debut to a decent sort, jumped well enough that day and only just touched off. Has been kept fresh and avoided soft ground. The wetherby winner has franked form and won since and this has been in the notebook waiting for the next run.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June T3.50 Feel The Heat 1pt Win 16/1 Betvictor When I first looked at this race, I started going through the higher drawn runners since they should have an advantage and having done the form study, I'm happy that I picked this one out since it has the ideal draw in stall 18 (it's interesting to see that the only current non runner was drawn in stall 1 !). The horse will hopefully race prominently and the fast ground will hopefully be the key to the horse holding on. The horse has actually run some decent races on softer ground but weakened towards the end but I expect the horse to have every chance of holding on today. Just as importantly, the horse has been ridden mainly by jockeys that I'm not too keen on whereas today's 5lb claimer has only ridden the horse once and the horse ran a cracker that day when weakening on softer ground having been leading entering the final furlong. The horse was racing off a 14lb higher mark that day and the horse ticks a lot of boxes for a 16/1 shot.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 19.55 Sandown - Altharoos - Win @ 2\1 PP BOG 3 runs as a 2yo last year finishing 3rd on debut, then 2nd and won maiden on final start last year. Looks to be on a good opening mark of 80 and likely to be better than that rating. Plenty of winners have come out of all his races. When 2nd at Brighton, the winner by a nose Muharrib is now rated 91 and the third that day Disclaimer has won 4 races since and is now rated 102. All runs at 7f last year and will probably be upped in trip after today but the uphill nature of Sandown Park means that you need a horse that gets the distance and further.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June

1540 brighton 1pt win layline 13/2 bet365 the interest for me here is the partnership of luke morris and gay kellaway,they have teamed up 8 times in 2013 and have has 3 winners and a place,37% strike rate,and the trainer has only had 2 runners at brighton this year with 1 winner,with no winners out of 18 in previous years,the horse has won 5 times,3 turf and 2 all weather,and although he has not won since last october,could play a part in this small field
non runner!!

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June Thirsk 5.00 - George Rooke (1pts win, 5/1 Bet365) A pretty tight little handicap for the 3year olds but an interesting looking race. I've sided with George Rooke who I feel has more to offer after not really firing on his last two outings and I think he may have some excuses in those two efforts. I don't think his mark leaves him with too much leeway but at these prices worth a punt for me today.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June Thirsk 5.30 ~ Ptolemly ~ 9/2(Coral) David Barron yard going great guns atm and Ptolemy looks like he's ready to deliver today. Weak race, good second last time out when staying on after finding trouble and up a furlong. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 2.50 FFOS LAS FOREVER MY FRIEND 7/2 (Bet365 #BOG) Another Bowen product facing a big penalty today. Forever My Friend looked like he finally found his best conditions lto when he ran a cracker over same C&D less than two weeks ago. 7/2 for a horse which seems at his peak in a 6 runs contest looks big especially because I can see him easily infront of at least one of today two main contenders. It won't be easy but huge value here considering the race type and stable form as nice addition to the horse one.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 1505 brighton 1pt win bartack 6/4 betvic has ran a couple of seconds since being gelded,and wont get many better chances to win than today,wearing blinkers for 1st time today,and a slight drop in distance and if he can get a decent start,has shown in last couple of races that he can finish well

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June

T3.50 Feel The Heat 1pt Win 16/1 Betvictor When I first looked at this race, I started going through the higher drawn runners since they should have an advantage and having done the form study, I'm happy that I picked this one out since it has the ideal draw in stall 18 (it's interesting to see that the only current non runner was drawn in stall 1 !). The horse will hopefully race prominently and the fast ground will hopefully be the key to the horse holding on. The horse has actually run some decent races on softer ground but weakened towards the end but I expect the horse to have every chance of holding on today. Just as importantly, the horse has been ridden mainly by jockeys that I'm not too keen on whereas today's 5lb claimer has only ridden the horse once and the horse ran a cracker that day when weakening on softer ground having been leading entering the final furlong. The horse was racing off a 14lb higher mark that day and the horse ticks a lot of boxes for a 16/1 shot.
Crackerjack. :clap

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 17.10 Ffos Las Ballybough Gorta - 1PT Win 11/2 StanJames Peter Bowen is double handed in this race with Kanturk and my selection Ballybough Gorta. The current market seems to suggest that Kanturk is the more likely winner, however I think Ballybough Gorta will be tough to beat with todays conditions. The horse was gained a lot of experience last season, racing 12 times, with the first 4 being over the hurdles before the horse was sent chasing. The horse won 5 times over the jumps over distances ranging from 2m 1f upto todays trip of 3m on his latest victory. He was last seen in a decent Class 3 race at Haydock over 3m 4f where he weakened back into 9th position, however he drops back in trip and class here today, and also returns to the smaller obstacles. Kanturk is likely to be the biggest danger, however he hasn't shown enough to persuade me to think that he will lose his maiden tag in this race today, and likely to be finishing in a place position again.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 6.00 Thirsk FOR SHIA AND LULA 10/3 BetVic This looks a match between the ridiculously named For Shia And Lula and Cross The Boss. The selection hadn't been doing anything on the all weather and then turned up and won last month on firm ground at Bath over 8f off a much reduced mark. He has only gone up 2lbs for that win and stays in the same class of race, drawn 2 (an advantage when good or better ground according to draw bias) and entitled to improve for that run at the age of 4, the price looks wrong. Especially considering Cross The Boss is 2 years older and runs off the same mark as when beaten 7 lengths last week at Newcastle and drawn wider.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 18.50 Sandown: Muhdiq, 11/1 Stan James, win Muhdiq finished 11th of 25 lto at Ascot. He ran well and finished second in his group having been switched from the winning group by his jockey at the start. That was his first run of the season and he should come on a lot for that run. He has been dropped three pounds and is now on his last winning mark which was his last run of last season at Lingfield. He drops in distance to the minimum trip which should suit. This is just his fourth run on turf so there could be a bit of improvement to come. Trainer Mike Murphy has a decent record at Sandown. Pat Dobbs has ridden this horse twice, winning on him once.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June 9.00 Sandown - 1pt win Scottish Star @ 15/2 (VC) Has run well over this c&d in the past and has had excuses this season so far. Has been running in good company and dropped back to an insufficient mile at Ascot last time. The yard didn't pick up any winners over the spring but two of their last three runners have won which bodes well for this one's return to the track. Likes a good surface and has been 3rd and 2nd here in the past. Can go well with Luke Morris back aboard.

Re: BBOTD > Thursday 6th June Sandown 9.00 After R Hughes and I Mongan recommended to S Kittow that his gelding Forzen Over should be stepped up in trip, he did just that and it paid off with Barzalona getting him over the line at Newmarket. Over the same trip and only up 3lb, I reckon we could see another similar display. Yard is also going well which is only a plus. Forzen Over - 4/1 Bet365 BOG - 1pt win