** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mr Dettori

What do you fellas reckon the future beholds for Frankie? Personally I can see him retiring relatively quickly. He will not get the rides he would have under Godolphin/Ballydoyle. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves for some TV deal next year.

Re: Mr Dettori I think he'll still be in high demand especially now he's more available. Jockeys tend to have longer careers than others in different sporting professions like football / boxing cycling etc.... Think he'll be around for a while despite saying he'd quit after 10 more years after his plane crash. Wouldn't surprise me if Coolmore are seriously considering having him onboard to replace Young Joseph. If when he does retire, I think we'll still see him on tv / see him in Hello magazine / Sun newspaper etc etc... He loves being in the spotlight, he loves showing off, he even presented Top of the Pops once!! Personally I lost respect for him after the way he handled his termination of his contract with Godolphin. Normal people who weren't happy about their jobs like he was with younger jockeys getting a sniff, would have just given in their notice in a polite manner. Not him.....he deliberately acted in a way that would pisss off his superiors by taking the ride on Camelot. He knew he'd get sacked after what happened with Scorpion. Very very unprofessional and shows what a disrespectful arse***e he is. Still a top jockey and it wouldn't put me off still backing him.

Re: Mr Dettori We don't know all the facts, I am not going to stand here and judge someone I know nothing about. At the end of the day, he is one of the best jockeys in the world, and he should be in high demand, and I hope someone gives him another chance, because we all make mistakes.

Re: Mr Dettori

We don't know all the facts, I am not going to stand here and judge someone I know nothing about. At the end of the day, he is one of the best jockeys in the world, and he should be in high demand, and I hope someone gives him another chance, because we all make mistakes.
He's been banned twice for coke, so its a third bite at the cherry.

We don't know all the facts, I am not going to stand here and judge someone I know nothing about. At the end of the day, he is one of the best jockeys in the world, and he should be in high demand, and I hope someone gives him another chance, because we all make mistakes.
Should read "he was one of the best jockeys in the world". The new brigade are coming through, jockeys like Tudhope, Hanagan, Moore, Buick are getting the winners these days. Sadly I don't think Fallon will be that far behind Dettori when they both decide to call it a day. He was poor in the finish at Donny on Saturday and then was in full flow at Windsor and got done by George Baker on Monday night too. They just don't have the same strength they used to do and both have had their problems away from racing. The interview with Dettori/Balding was so insincere, one off, others were doing coke, he joined in, really sorry, etc etc. I didn't believe a word he said. I'd still like to see Dettori and Fallon get good rides and win big races but they are not as in demand as they used to be as there are other capable jockeys to rely on.

Re: Mr Dettori Phil, majorly disagree with you about Fallon, he has been riding out of his skin the past year. Fallon is the best reader of a race in the game when it comes to pace, settling a horse, and positioning. Yes, he got beat on Tropics. Not because he was weak in the finish, but because it happens, to every jockey. Fallon certainly is not weak in a finish, imo. Buick was on a horse called Cashpoint last month at Newbury, and he was piss poor in the finish that day, and he got done. Your judging Fallon on 1 "possible" bad ride. His ride on Society Rock not so long ago was breath-taking. And the only reason Tudhope is doing fairly well of late is because of the form of the O'Meara stable. He wouldn't lace Fallons left boot.

Re: Mr Dettori Agree the Dettori / Balding interview was very contrived, a lot of what came out Frankie's mouth was made up in my opionion. As for not knowing all the facts. There's been a few books on Dettori and also he's been the most written about jockey for the past 2 decades. My opionion about him is based on what is already out in the public domain.

And' date=' Paul Hanagan is 32. Hardly the new brigade.[/quote'] Punters have only noticed him in the last couple of years. In my opinion he'll be getting bigger rides in the bigger races from now. Going to Catterick instead of Royal Ascot will be a thing of the past now. I predict he'll get a few Gr1s over the next few years. Funny you mention Fallon, when he was the same age, Fallon was no where near being a top jockey, his only claim to fame at that age was that he pulled Stuart Webster off a horse during a race and got banned for half a year.

Re: Mr Dettori As I've only really got into racing the last two or three years, the only jockey I was really aware of before studying in depth was Dettori, due to his public profile. I obviously understand he ws the ebst jockey in the world in his day and would not doubt everyones opinion on that as I have nothing to base it on, but I can honestly say that unlike the likes of Moore, Hughes, De Sousa, Hanagan etc. The fact that Dettori was on a horse I fancied would not make me fancy it even more. I think Neil Callan is quite an underrated jockey as is George Baker who doesn't get the rides he deserves on Turf.

Can't quote as I'm on phone but I'm a huge Fallon fan and don't think he's as good as he was. I'd still have him on mine if I was an owner for reasons Aidy has mentioned. Sad to see him shunned for the top races, didn't even have a ride at Epsom on derby day, he was at Donny.

Re: Mr Dettori I'd still happily have Fallon riding anything I back, I think his riding over the past year or two has been fantastic and IMO he's the 'McCoy of flat racing' when it comes to getting a horse home, even if the horse is being pushed a mile from the finish with Fallon on board, it would be dangerous to write the horse off.