BBOTD - Monday 3rd June

19.00 Windsor - Mince - Win @ 11\10 Bet365 BOG 6f Listed race with Mince clear top rated even with a G3 penalty. Winner of 2 listed races and 1 group 3 race all at 6f and she clearly looks the class act in this race. Disappointing run 1st time out this season in a G2 at York but will have come on for that race and should easily win. No concerns about the ground or distance and jockey James Doyle has been on board for last 3 runs (with 2 wins). Can not see any of the other runners having the class to win this race. Will be Royal Ascot bound after this race in either the Jubilee Stakes or King Stand stakes. Do not expect this price to last and expect to go off at odds on.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 7.30 Windsor Tropics is very hard to look past, not stood much racing for a 5 year old but the entry into the Wokingham clearly means yard hold him in high regards. He looked badly in need of first run of the season at Ascot but not beaten far and fitted with the hood next time out over this CD he absolutely bolted up, this is a stronger race but even so he left the impression there was plenty more to come and a 6lb rise in the weights looks extremely lenient. Would expect ground to dry out further too good ground again. 1pt win Tropics 11/4 coral

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 19.00 Windsor: Mince @ evens Paddy Power Class act in this field, drops down into listed class after a disappointing effort on her seasonal reappearance when she wasn't fully wound up probably though. On last years form she'd be cruise home winning this easily as she won two listed races in really good style as well as a Group 3 when she showed toughness on soft ground. If things go normal she can't get beaten here.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 16.35 Naas: Sandiva, 11/4 Paddy Power, win Sandiva was very impressive when she won on debut lto. She ran green and had to get a couple of taps of the whip early on as she chased the leaders. She was switched to the middle of the track about a furlong out and put the race to bed in a few strides as she put a few lengths between herself and the chasing pack, winning in the end by 6L. Second and third both ran good races in their only starts since. This looks quite a strong race but I think Sandiva, with natural improvement expected, will take this. The ground is similar to what her maiden was run on and the extra furlong will suit. Richard Fahey sends just one horse over to Naas today. The top class Pat Smullen is a very positive jockey booking.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June

19:45 Carlisle
A case could be made for several of the runners in this open looking handicap over the minimum trip and the one I like most is Kevin Ryan's five year old
Hopes 'N Dreams
. This mare had her first eight runs over in Ireland for trainer John F Gleeson before moving to Tony Coyle where he decided to race her in the UK for the first time on her debut for his yard. This seemed to do the trick as she ran out a 2 length winner in a handicap off a mark of 55 over 6 furlongs at Nottingham before following up in a selling handicap at Hamilton over 6 furlongs where she romped up by 7 lengths. She was then acquired by her current stable Kevin Ryan after that race. She has only managed just the one win from 13 runs for her current yard and that came on her second appearance for Kevin Ryan when she won at Hamilton again in a handicap off a mark of 70. She was very impressive that day running out a three and 3/4 length winner. She was raised 12lbs for that win which was fairly hefty and although she hasn't won since then in eleven races, she has placed three times off marks of 78 (twice) and 79 so she could be dangerously handicapped here today off a mark of 75 considering she is still rated 79 on the all weather. She drops down in grade as well having been competing in class 3 races in her last 3 runs with her latest effort being the best of those at Ripon in a fairly competitive handicap off a mark of 77. She was on a mark of 81 just three races ago and the handicapper has possibly being a bit lenient dropping her down 6lbs within a few races. She is also dropped down to five furlongs today, a trip which she has only tackled three times from 23 runs in which she has placed twice. There's no doubt her optimum trip is 6 furlongs with all three of her wins coming over that distance but I reckon she is worth chancing over the minimum trip here today. The stable is in much better form now with quite a few winners on the board this past week which should boost her chances of running a good race.
E/W Hopes 'N Dreams @ 10/1
(
>Bet365
- BOG, 1/5
odds
, 1,2,3)

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 4.15 - Lei - Exceedexpectations - 8/1 - Bet365 - BOG Made his reappearance at Thirsk 3 weeks ago over a 1m and finished 3rd of 15. Over 7f today, a trip which the horse has only race over on two occasions but Jamie Spencer looks an interesting booking and has won on the horse before. Exceedexpectations has finished in the first 3 on 9 of 11 starts in class 5 races.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June L4.15 Easy Over 1pt Win 16/1 Betvictor This one is likely to throw in an "all or nothing" type performance so I'll go win rather than e/w. Recent form is uninspiring but the horse is now 16lb lower than the handicap mark that it was initially given after beating a Stoute horse when winning its maiden. That win was over the same trip and ground as the horse encounters today. The track should suit if breeding is anything to go by and it's also interesting to note that Sean Levey takes the ride for the first time - the trainer appears to use him selectively and they have a cracking 22% strike rate together (6 wins from 27 runs)

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 700 Windsor: Mince 4/5 SJ/BFred With no jump racing i'm not going to be adventurous and will row in with Mince who is in my ten to follow. At first glance was disappointed with her at York but on reflection it wasnt that bad and obviously needed the outing. Drops down to Listed class in which she was won twice before and despite having to give weight all round she should get back to winning ways. Really think a lot of this filly and think she can feature in the best sprints later on in the year. **At the O2 tonight so wont be home til after midnight, will do the table tomorrow morning:ok

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 1930 windsor 1pt win tropics 3/1 pp caught my eye last time when winning with ease over course and distance,and with conditions seem to be the same tonight,i hope that this can continue tonight,6lb up for that win,but with the hood doing its job,there could be more to come,has to win to secure ascot entry

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June Windsor 7.00 - Mince - (4/5 Betfred) Mince will be a short enough price for me today but I'm very confident this horse will take all the beating today. She came on leaps and bounds last year and should come on for her run in the Duke of York. Looking at these on paper on a class front Mince clearly stands out even saddled with her penalty, the track should suit and I think she should be winning this with minimum fuss.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 17:35 Chepstow Drummond - Joint outsider of the lot but whilst there is 8 running it looks to have at least a good placing chance. Sill a maiden but appears to have slipped to a handy mark. Was rated 76 August 12 and running off 57 for today. Hoping the firmer ground helps Drummond to see the trip. I did get 14/1 but just dropped to 12/1 betvic 0.5EW

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June Chep 5.35 Drummond - win at 10/1 bog bet365 Quite an open race this with the ground turning against a few of them and 3 or 4 front runners who might take each other on Drummond has been dropping down the weights whilst being beaten long distances but he did have some good handicap form last summer off much higher marks and ran his best race for a long time last time out finished 3rd to a couple of todays rivals. I think the change of ground and the likely race tactics might enable him to beat those two today He's also been dropped another couple of pounds (I feel your pain, markmywords, as i did this race last night and Pandorica was my choice after about 2 hours of pouring over lifetime form................I suppose i really ought to give it a miss now it;s a NR, but then I'd feel like I'd wasted two hours of my life...............and when you get to my age those hours are running down.................:cry)

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June *Sandiva > Naas 4:35 > WIN @ 2/1 Bet365 BOG* Looks to me after watching all the videos that this horse has the best turn of foot and is the most progressive. Powered home by 6 lengths last time out at Nottingham, and interesting that the Fahey's are bringing this horse over, they really must fancy their chances. Smullen gets the ride, which is another big plus, and deserved favourite.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 3rd June 7:45 Chepstow PARTNER 33-1 e/w Bet365 (BOG) I'm going to keep an eye on this horse over the minimum trip as I believe he's capable of better in this sort of grade of race and dropping to a nice mark. Not beaten far in a class 2 even last October, he doesn't seem to have had the rub of the green lately. Hampered early in his last race at Redcar and well beaten the race before that although that was over 6f and his first run of the campaign. Today could be his day now that ground is getting firmer, his last win coming over 5f at Musselburgh on gd-fm ground. Lenny Bee might not appreciate the going tonight, Barney McGrew and Red Cape are getting on a bit and Hamoody is up in class. I quite liked Diamond Blue in this race too but has thrown it away at the start on last few occasions seeming to rear or stumble more often than not. The drop back in trip for Rasaman may suit but again is getting on a bit. All of Hopes N Dreams wins have come over 6f. So I'll take a chance that Partner can find a bit of luck and at least place tonight with some negatives about most of the field.