** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker - Irish Masters

Sunday 6 March 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBond v McManus (10:00 GMT)2.501.62sp.gif102%
sp.gifDavies v Williams (10:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifDavis, M v Davis, S (10:00 GMT)2.201.75sp.gif103%
sp.gifDoherty v Pinches (10:00 GMT)1.572.50sp.gif104%
sp.gifDott v Hawkins (10:00 GMT)1.602.50sp.gif103%
sp.gifDrago v Hunter (10:00 GMT)3.501.33sp.gif104%
sp.gifEbdon v Harold (10:00 GMT)1.403.50sp.gif100%
sp.gifFu v Milkins (10:00 GMT)1.722.20sp.gif104%
sp.gifGray v Greene (10:00 GMT)1.572.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifHamilton v Stevens (10:00 GMT)2.251.67sp.gif105%
sp.gifHendry v Hull (10:00 GMT)1.205.50sp.gif102%
sp.gifHiggins v Judge (10:00 GMT)1.254.50sp.gif103%
sp.gifLee v Wattana (10:00 GMT)1.622.25sp.gif107%
sp.gifMaguire v O'Sullivan (10:00 GMT)3.251.40sp.gif103%
sp.gifMcCulloch v Small (10:00 GMT)1.403.05sp.gif105%
sp.gifSelby v White (10:00 GMT)2.251.67sp.gif105%

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters First impressions - Mark Williams showed some much better form of late and he should be more like 1.14 to beat Paul Davies, who never really had the bottle at this level. 1.40 @ Stan James is a maximum bet for me. I'm not one for reading too much into the Premier League form, but Steve Davis was positively majestic the other night getting a 3-3 draw against Ronnie finishing with a 120+ :eek Mark Davis is a quality player but he may struggle if the nugget is scoring as well as his supreme safety game. :) Paul Hunter's results have not been good, but he is not getting much run to be honest either. I have no doubt Drago is the perfect fodder for him to get back on track, he simply isn't in Hunter's class. Peter Ebdon is the reigning champ here and always comes good this time of the season. Dave Harold will need to play very well to stop him proceeding. If Chris Small isn't hitting the pain barrier too much, then the 3.05 @ SuperOdds is a staggering price. I would suggest checking on his fitness first though. I'm not one to go for Trebles, but the Hunter, Williams, Ebdon treble does look very very tempting indeed. :) Not much else stands out for me. I'll be away for a few days, until Saturday, so apologies if I don't reply until then. ;)

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters I'm the first admit that I'm no snooker expert, although after watching the Masters, R Osullivan was absolutely awsome. Particularly in the final, where he hardly missed a ball. Now I mean I dont know too much about this Maguire player, but @ 1.4 (Same as the other selections you picked roughly) surely he has a huge chance of going through? Please correct me if i'm wrong, or anyone feels differently? I would have to agree with the Williams shout, im certainly going to lump a bit on that Sco

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters At first glance I like the look of a lot of matches. Here's a few that I might be placing money on..... (All odds from Gamebookers) J.Higgins - M.Judge @ 1.23 For the first time in ages I was able to SEE a bit of snooker by downloading matches from the internet:ok. From that I saw that Higgins is beinning to get his confidence back. Even though M.Judge will have home advantage I'd still expect Higgins to win this. P.Hunter - T.Drago @ 1.33 Even though I still have bad memories of Hunter losing to S.Davis, I'm still prepared to back him against Drago, a player who I never really rated. A.Hamilton - M.Stevens @ 2.25 Stevens isn't on form, and Hamilton has the ability to capitalise on that. It should be a close match, but I think the odds of 2.25 on Hamilton are quite generous. M.Selby - J.White @ 2.15 Jimmy is another player I got to see in the Masters and that's why I'm going to bet against him. Although there were signs that he was striking the ball well, when he got in amongst the balls I thought his ball control wasn't the best. The 2.15 for Selby may tempt me. P.Ebdon - D.Harold @ 1.33 Harold will try to grind out a win, but I think Ebdon will be too good for him. Ebdon takes the ranking events more seriously so he should win this. S.Hendry - R.Hull @ 1.15 Don't know much about Hull, except that I can't remember losing a bet by opposing him:lol. Also, with Hendry on form this should be easy. One for the accumilators. M.Fu - R.Milkins @ 1.67 Don't know much about Milkins, but I can't resist the 1.67 on M.Fu to win. M.Williams - P.Davies @ 1.33 Fingers crossed Williams will continue his slow emergence from this lack of form with a win over P.Davies (never heard of him so I'm going with Paul Ross' opinion;)). 1.35 R.O'Sullivan - S.Maguire 3.10 I can't bring myself to back Ronnie at those odds, especially since Maguire recently beat ronnie 5-0. Since then Ronnie has got revenge for that defeat and is playing really well, so I can't back Maguire either:\. Agree / disagree? We've still got 3 days of discussions left:ok.

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters I think Doherty against Pinches could be worth a look as well. Even though Doherty hasn't been flying, I don't think his performance and a virtual whitewash at Wembley by Ding Junhui was a disgrace given the fact he was down with a flu and up against a very promising player on the day. Quite simply, if Doherty turns up fit, you've got to fancy his chances - his odds certainly look among the more attractive ones among the opening round matches. Also, I like the look of White to beat Selby at 2/3 as White is probably still fresh from his impressive Wembley exploits. While I'm not for a moment trying to suggest he'll emulate what he did at Wembley and make much progress in this tournament, I still he has still got enough bottle to be worth a look-in at 1.67. Similarly, Dott has been another player on top of his game in the few tournies that have been played this year. In all honesty, he should beat Hawkins at a canter so long as he continues from where he left off.

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters Am relatively new here so id like to say a quick hello to everyone, great to see a topic regards the snooker up!! Some very interesting matches first up My main bet has to be Dott to beat Hawkins, I was lucky enough to go and watch Dott lose to Ronnie @ Wembley, but we all know how well Ronnie played! Barry Pinches may also be worth a bet to beat Doherty, did not have much of a game against Ding but the chances he was given he failed to capitalise on (also been suffering from an ear infection - have no idea whether this has cleared up), only thing that bothers me about this bet is the country in which the tourney is taking place :) Ronnie will simply destroy Maguire, who has been playing pretty poorly of late and im gonna put him in a decent double with Hendry Best of luck whatever you back :gimme a TV and the snooker on and that'll do me nicely !! P.S Be interesting to see what happens if Ronnie plays Ian McCulloch!!

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters Ok, here goes. Lots of bets today as we test our luck against the bookies. Good luck everyone:ok. 7pt treble: J.Higgins - M.Judge @ 1.23 (4-5) :( P.Hunter - T.Drago @ 1.33 (5-3) :D R.O'Sullivan - S.Maguire @ 1.35 (5-3) :D Odds of 2.21 7pt treble: S.Hendry - R.Hull @ 1.15 (5-1) :D M.Williams - P.Davies @ 1.33 (5-3) :D P.Ebdon - D.Harold @ 1.33 (4-5) :( Odds of 2.03 2pt double: M.Fu - R.Milkins @ 1.67 (3-5) :( G.Dott - B.Hawkins @ 1.57 (4-5) :( Odds of 2.62 2pt single: A.Hamilton - M.Stevens @ 2.25 (3-5) :( 2pt single: M.Selby - J.White @ 2.15 (1-5) :(

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters What do you guys make of Ebdon? Like some have said, he should be too strong for Harold, but he's someone whose mental strength is absolutely questionably and unless I'm sure he's in the right frame of mind, he's not someone to put money on at odds-on prices IMO. :D

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters First, a quick hello to all snooker enthusiasts :clap as I am new here. Let`s move straight to the bets considering Irish Masters: 10pt treble: Williams M. - Davies P. @ 1.33 :D Hunter P. Drago T. @ 1.33 :D Ebdon P. - Harold D. @ 1.33 :@ = @ 2.35 Agree with Paul (Ross) here. Williams seems to be getting back on track and I can`t see him fail against an average player who is currently on 80th place and never showed much. Hunter (match already played) is top class material and after a recent slump(s) I fully expect him to recover. About Drago I can say only: temper, temper. Never rated you, never will. Ebdon apparently in excelent form right now. Always admire his involvement in the game and desire to fight even when trailing behind. Harold? Who? Don`t know much about him but I reckon he isn`t much of a threat. 10pt double: O`Sullivan R. - Maguire S. @ 1.35 :D Hendry S. - Hull R. @ 1.15 :D = @ 1.55 Ronnie is on top of the game right now and all I can see is a comfortable disposal of Maguire, who seems to be in a downtrend. Hendry shocked many of us with his early exit in Masters and has showed very decent and consistent play until then. I think he will beat Hull easily. 10pt double: Dott G. - Hawkins B. @ 1.57 :@ Fu M. - Milkins R. @ 1.67 :@ = @ 2.62 Dott also displayed some terrific snooker lately and although Hawkins is no mug I expect Dott to continue his good run. Fu seems to be rather inconsistent lately but I rate him quite high and if he stays focused he should win. Milkins can take his chance only if Fu lacks self-confidence. Don`t know yet, will decide tommorow. EDIT: decided to give it a try. Fu must fancy his chances even more as he could be playing Hunter next round who has some unpleasant abdominal pains. Possible 10pt single: (No bet) Small C. - McCulloch I. @ 3.10 Haven`t found out yet if Small is still having significant back problems. If he has it`s obviously no bet otherwise he has a chance of getting through at a very decent price. McCulloch is a solid player but is not doing so well recently and at that price I am not prepared to back him. Anyone with any info regarding Small`s condition? EDIT: Can`t find out if Small is fit so I`ll give it a miss. 10pt single: (to win 1st frame) Doherty K. - Greene G. @ 2.75 :D Another interesting pick. Pure value. After all, it`s a game of snooker and any player can win a frame. Also Greene almost got a century last night so he can pot aswell. Hope it`s a profitable tourney, cheers.

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters Have been searching all day and finally found out!! Snooker coverage LIVE starts on Wednesday night on EUROSPORT Well done to Eurosport for their continued support of the snooker :clap such a shame BBC dont try and cover more tournies the more they show the more popular it will get :@

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters 10 pt O'Sullivan-Hendry-Dott treble (2.55) O'Sullivan is simply in a different league at the moment and I think it's pretty much self-explanatory. Hendry and Dott are both in a different class to their opponents and I can't help but feel their class will be too great to render their respective contests any more than a formality. Dott has proved over the first few tournaments this year he really has what it takes to challenge those at the very top - maybe, bar O'Sullivan and Hendry. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters

What do you guys make of Ebdon? Like some have said' date=' he should be too strong for Harold, but he's someone whose mental strength is absolutely questionably and unless I'm sure he's in the right frame of mind, he's not someone to put money on at odds-on prices IMO. :D[/quote'] Are you mad? :lol Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say Ebdon is probably the most mentally strong and highly concentrated snooker player about? Maybe not the best player, but that's not the point. Never seen him bottle it :cheers

Are you mad? :lol Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but I would say Ebdon is probably the most mentally strong and highly concentrated snooker player about? Maybe not the best player, but that's not the point. Never seen him bottle it :cheers[/quote'] You must be mad to believe he is 'the most mentally strong snooker player about' - he wouldn't even run Graeme Dott close on that score IMO! With no disrespect to Ebdon who was superb at Wembley last month, I thought it so often it's his mental strength (or rather, the lack of it) that has really prevented him from achieving more in the game - maybe, the training he has done with Ding Junhui has rubbed off on him. Nevertheless, he's still a bit like what Hunter is at the moment if you asked me. :hope

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters I have to back Wattana against Lee this afternoon. I'm not a particular fan of Wattana, but Lee looks finished. After his woeful performance at Wembley he was talking about packing the game in. Wattana is the value here. A sell Lee at 6 on the spread match suprenacy.

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters After much analysis, I've got to admit I have to fancy Small to see off McCulloch provided he's fit. As Paul has suggested, his fitness would be of paramount importance here - does anyone have any idea if he's fit for this one? :\

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters Does anybody know how Hendry's, William's and Ebdon's oppenents have been playing of late? I'm just looking at the provisional ranking list so far this year and even though Willams has been off form in recent months surley he should be too good for 79th ranked Paul Davies. Ebdon has been in pretty good form recently so i would expect him to get past Harrold and the same being said for Hendry against Hull. I'm just slightly worried about the possibility of another upset after higgins loss last night. What do you all think is the treble of Hendry, Williams and Ebdon pretty solid?

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters I totally agree with Stephen Lee. I have been given him countless opportunites to rediscover the knid of form that put him in the games elite 3 or 4 years back. Unfortunatly, he just cant seem to find his game of late. Wasn't suprised to see the RP tip up Wattana this morning, I remember him beating Lee comfortably in the Grand Prix. They also mentioned hat Wattana has progressed to the latter stages of World Championship qualifing. This must be a bonus for his mentality and its encouraging that he is in competitive form. Im on some of the 6/4 :-)

You must be mad to believe he is 'the most mentally strong snooker player about' - he wouldn't even run Graeme Dott close on that score IMO! With no disrespect to Ebdon who was superb at Wembley last month, I thought it so often it's his mental strength (or rather, the lack of it) that has really prevented him from achieving more in the game - maybe, the training he has done with Ding Junhui has rubbed off on him. Nevertheless, he's still a bit like what Hunter is at the moment if you asked me. :hope
check out inrunning betting mate,if Ebdon goes 2-0 or 3-0 down,then start laying the leader,Ebdon is notorious for not giving in when down,an inrunning gold mine he is!

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters Here is my double today at totesport which has top odds for favs on most matches Edbon 1.4 and Mc Cullough 1.44, 10 point double. this returns 2.02, o just seentotesport have Williams at 1.36,very nice. so ill do Ebdon,williams double 1.904 10 points McCullough,Williams double 1.96 10 points and a treble ebdon,Williams,Mccullough 6 points

Re: Snooker - Irish Masters WARNING!!!!!!!!! Dont sign up to worldsnookers live scores,not working!!! i just paid the 1.50£ and the scores are stuck on yesterdays Everyone at betfair having hte same problem,ive just emailed to get my money back, worldsnooker are a joke, this is happening every tourney now