Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday previews. Completely agree with Tripcore in the opener. 6pts Bangalore vs Pune - 11 or more 6's Evs Bet365 Both daytime matches in Bangalore so far this season have seen 14 sixes in each of them and I expect to see plenty here. We saw in Pune’s last match how they can hit loads of sixes and then concede them too and I expect no different here. With Chris Gayle in the Bangalore side this could get nasty if he’s at the crease for a few overs so I’m more than happy to take 11 or more 6’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-pune-warriors-betting-two-big-hitting-sides-can-deliver-plenty-of-sixes-20130422 4pts Delhi Over 13.5 fours vs Kings XI 5/6 Paddy Power These two sides are both too unreliable for me to take either of them to win here. Instead I will take Delhi to hit over 13.5 fours in their innings. Delhi don’t have many six hitters but they do have some good strokeplayers in the form of Mahela Jayawardene, Virender Sehwag and Kedar Jadhav. The likes of David Warner can hit the boundary too and on a pretty quick Delhi outfield I think this line is well within reach for the Daredevils batsmen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-delhi-s-stroke-makers-can-find-hit-plenty-of-boundaries-20130422

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Seen worse innings :lol. Wednesday preview: 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Mumbai Indians 11/10 William Hill Given that Mumbai’s bowling has been off colour in recent matches I like Kolkata here. They are struggling with the bat in this tournament but when a team bowls poorly against you those struggles disappear. There’s nothing wrong with Kolkata’s bowling attack so if their batsmen can put the runs on the board this wicket will suit their bowlers nicely enough to land an odds against punt. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-kolkata-can-use-home-advantage-to-their-favour-20130423

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thank you for the sixes bet guys, if only all bets came in that easily :lol One for today. 4pts – Mumbai Indians Most Sixes (v KKR) – 8/11 Paddy Power This price looks just about acceptable to take for me. Mumbai hit a lot of sixes with guys like Karthik, Rohit, Pollard in good touch. Contrast that to KKR who’s form batsman is Gautam Gambhir who very rarely deals in sixes. Their six hitters in Yusuf Pathan and Eoin Morgan have not fired consistently and although there is a danger that Yusuf will open and potentially tee off I think Mumbai have a good enough attack to restrict him. All in all given the way both team are hitting at the moment I’m happy to back MI to continue that trend.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Top work Westy :clap. Thursday preview: 4pts Chennai vs Hyderabad - Under 9.5 6's 4/5 Skybet It is hard to see Chennai losing this but their defeat to Pune a little while ago makes me uninterested in them at this price. I think this will be a low scoring match. Sunrisers have struggled all season with the bat and with Perera absent for this match their big hitting weapon has gone. Chennai have scored a lot of their boundaries on the ground this season and with the Sunrisers attack hard to get away that might be their method of attack here too so the 9.5 6’s line looks a touch high to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-low-scoring-match-likely-between-two-in-form-sides-20130424

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Friday preview: 4pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 11/8 Betfred I see no reason other than the fact they are the defending champions why the Knight Riders should be the favourites for this match. The Kings XI beat Kolkata in the reverse meeting earlier in the season although Kolkata collapsed badly in that match. Even so they haven’t batted well for most of the season so this Kings XI attack can keep them honest again and with the likes of Hussey, Miller and Mandeep in form they look good value to score enough runs and win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-kings-xi-look-good-value-to-complete-double-over-the-champions-20130426

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Yusuf- Gambhir seems to be a better option in opening than Gilly-Mandip considering Gilly's form. Yusuf does have tendency to throw bat at everything but I think today will be different as his previous 1 over feat will boost his confidence. Gambhir is solid as ever. On other hand out of form Gilly would definitely struggle against likes of tight bowling from Kallis, Balaji at the start as he is greatly underpressure due to consistent failures. In my opinion KKR's opening pair should make more runs than King's opening pair. Highest Opening Partnership - 'KKR' 10/11 @ Bet Victor :hope

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 1pt – Piyush Chawla Top Punjab Run Scorer – 100/1 Paddy Power This is a crazy price in my opinion. He is as low as 16s at other places and should be no more than 25/1 in my opinion. Chawla has 3 first class centuries and 25 fifties to his name so clearly he is no mug with the bat as the odds suggest. In the reverse fixture the Kings XI top order were blown away by Narine which could well happen again giving one of the lower order batsmen a chance to hit a cameo knock a la Gony. Chawla is an excellent player of spin and having been promoted to number 5 against SRH in an earlier game (and almost top scoring); he could well be pushed up a slot or two in this game too given his ability against spin. At 100/1 I must have a small dabble on the leg spinning all rounder to top score for Punjab.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 2pts – Yusuf Pathan Top KKR Run Scorer – 9/2 Betfred I think Yusuf Pathan is threatening to have one of those once an IPL innings. KKR will persist with him at the top of the order which is a good move I think as he has the ability to take apart an attack. Punjab’s bowling attack have no pace bowlers that can push him on the back foot with the shorter balls unless Harris plays and I don’t think he will. On this Eden Gardens track the slower bowlers will be in play mainly which is whom Pathan is most destructive against. Like I said I just get the feeling he is about to play an innings where he will dominate the opposition and that may well be today given the opposition.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 :lol Chawla down to 20s on Paddy power, probably won't win but was a ridiculous price nevertheless. One more for today's game. 4pts – Sunil Narine 31 Performance Pts & Over – 5/6 Bet365 Narine bamboozled the Punjab middle order in the reverse fixture with a hat trick and on a track that turns more he will be in the game once more. He’s challenging at the top of the wicket taking table which shows he’s in good form and with a fair few local Indian players to go at in the Punjab line up, he’ll fancy his chances of adding to that tally. The line is priced up in such a way that we will almost certainly need two wickets but I’m happy to back the West Indian trickster to do that.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday early game preview: 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Sunrisers Hyderabad 8/11 Betfred Rajasthan’s home record and their good all round side leads me to siding with them in this match. The Sunrisers bowling attack have kept them in, and won them a lot of matches in this competition so far but now that the attack has started getting carted I can’t help but feel concerned that they are more easily beatable. Still their batting shows no signs of big scores and you need big scores here so I’ll take Rajasthan. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-rajasthan-royals-look-the-more-solid-side-here-20130426

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday late game preview: 4pts Mumbai Indians to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore Evs Coral Mumbai Indians look a fair bet as outsiders to me in this match. They have a decent batting line up and definitely the best bowling attack and if they can keep control of Chris Gayle then they would have every chance. Of course Gayle goes into this match off the back of that extraordinary knock in midweek but he might have used up all his runs for a while and the likes of Malinga and even Johnson should keep him quiet early on. Mumbai bat further down than Bangalore too so they have all bases covered here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-mumbai-look-value-with-the-better-all-round-team-20130426

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 I agree with Mumbai, look very good value to me. How often does a player fail after an incredible innings the previous. Take Gayle out early and Mumbai have a fantastic chance here. Id rather take the evens. Also agree with Rajasthan, Sunrisers batting is pretty poor, they cant keep relying on the bowlers to save them...

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday early game preview: 4pts Chennai Highest 1st 6 overs vs Kolkata 10/11 Stan James I like the look of Chennai in the opening six overs in this match. Kolkata have had all sorts of problems with their top order this season and they are back with Manvinder Bisla partnering Gautam Gambhir but neither of them are scoring freely which is an issue. Michael Hussey is in excellent form at the minute and although he isn’t having the best IPL Murali Vijay can destroy any attack too so I like the Super Kings to be leading through six overs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-chennai-can-dominate-the-early-proceedings-20130428

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday late game preview: 4pts Pune Warriors Most 6's vs Delhi Daredevils 5/4 Paddy Power It’s hard to know how to bet in this match in a lot of ways because this isn’t a ground regularly used in the IPL but one thing which should be a pretty safe punt is for Pune to hit the most sixes. As I’ve said before in the tournament it is only really David Warner who is a big six hitter for Delhi whereas Pune have six hitters right down their line up so the 5/4 on the visitors to hit the most sixes looks good value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-pune-warriors-betting-pune-have-the-hitting-power-to-hit-the-most-sixes-20130428

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 CSK vs KKR - Kallis 40 & Over (Performance Point) 5/6 Bet365 Kallis seems to have regained his form. Thanks to his consistent superb bowling and a good knock in the previous game. I think Yusuf may be dropped in the batting order and Kallis will come in at 3 to play an anchor role and stabilise the KKR's batting line up as they would be eyeing for a good score (if they bat first) considering CSK are having a good run in chasing. Although if they chase, Kallis will definitely use his experience to try and play till the end as I believe Bisla and Gambhir will blast. In any case, Kallis look a good option to score few runs here and contribute with the ball.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Cheers Daz. Keep your chin up. Everyone has dodgy runs but one winner will turn it around again :ok. Monday early game preview: 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 13/10 Bet365 Rajasthan have to be the value pick in this match. I continue to mention that they have such a good home record and unless Chris Gayle finds his scoring on the road soon then Bangalore will continue to struggle away from home because they are so reliant on him getting them off to fast starts and putting the bowlers off. One thing Rajasthan have at their disposal is pace bowlers and I think they can deal with Gayle and win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-rajasthan-have-the-personnel-to-tame-chris-gayle-20130428

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 3pts - Pune Warriors to beat Delhi Daredevils - 6/5 Bet365 This is a 50/50 match up in my opinion so the value lies in Pune. They have a good team on paper with several match winners in the likes of Finch, Yuvraj and Wright and although they have been inconsistent they are up against an equally inconsistent Delhi so I will favour Pune here today in the basement battle.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Bad luck Westy. There can't be many more ways to lose for Pune to invent in this tournament :wall. Monday late game preview: 3pts A.Gilchrist - Under 17.5 runs vs Mumbai 5/6 Ladbrokes The pressure must be mounting on Adam Gilchrist, particularly if Kings XI go on a losing run and with Shaun Marsh waiting in the wings the captain of the Kings XI really needs to score some runs soon. Having only passed 20 twice in 8 knocks in this tournament so far to say he has been short of runs would be an understatement. While the Wankhede wicket is a good one for batting this Mumbai attack is decent and I think they can get rid of Gilchrist early once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-adam-gilchrist-s-batting-woes-can-continue-in-mumbai-20130428

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 RR V RCB - 'RR to loose under 1.5 wickets at a score of 50 runs' (In play bet @ Bet365) RR have been solid at the start of their innings and have surpassed 50 runs without loosing 2 wickets 6 times in 8 matches of which they only lost more than 2 wickets on one occasion in 4 matches at home and that was when Watson seemed a bit off form. Opening with Rahane-Dravid with Watson coming at nr 3 or Opening with Rahane-Waston with Dravid's involvement at 3 shall be good enough to take the score pass 50 before loosing more than 2 wickets furthermore with Watson being in superb tocuh and Mr Dependable always seems to be in run maker shall boost the chances of this bet. Bet to be placed at start of RR innings for the best price.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

Gents - Any advice on the Total Match Sixes in RCB & Royal Match. Bet 365 has a line of 11 & Over....it all seems really short if both Gayle & Watson Fire and a touch high if they both don't fire. What's your opinion on taking this bet?
No strong view either way really. All I will say is as I've mentioned in my preview Gayle's form away from Bangalore this season is non existant.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One more for me this afternoon. 4pts Mumbai vs Kings XI - Over 9.5 6's Evs Paddy Power This looks a perfectly achievable line to me. In the three matches at the Wankhede so far all three matches, which have been largely one sided affairs, have seen the sixes total go well into double figures. Mumbai have some clean hitters of the cricket ball with Dwayne Smith, Dinesh Khartik, Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard all having excellent seasons with the willow while the Kings XI have some big hitters themselves in the shape of David Hussey and David Miller. The straight boundaries here are very accessible and the square ones aren't the longest so what is usually a good batting wicket I expect to see at least 10 more sixes in this match.