** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday preview: 4pts Pune Highest 1st 6 overs 11/10 Stan James I think it could be worth chancing with Pune to lead through six overs in this match. They are quite often off to fast starts but then find ways to lose so rather than backing them to outdo Chennai over the full 20 overs it should be much safer to take them to win over six overs. Aaron Finch and Robin Uthappa both like to get on with it and although the Chennai batsmen made hay against Kolkata, the Kolkata batsmen also did despite not being big hitters. At odds against Pune look fair value in the first six overs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-pune-can-beat-chennai-over-six-overs-if-not-20-20130429

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 2pts – Steve Smith Top Pune Run Scorer – 11/2 Bet365 I like Steve Smith today, not only is he in good touch but he is also a terrific player of spin bowling and against Chennai you will face a fair amount of spin. He’s just come off a tour against India in India where he performed admirably against Ashwin and Jadeja and he will face them again today. Pune top order is fairly hit or miss so I have no problem in backing Smith to top score coming in at number 4 or 5.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Wednesday early game preview: 3pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Mumbai Indians 13/8 Skybet The Sunrisers have had a couple of days off to think about what they can do better when top stars get on the attack against them and I like them as a value bet in this match. The Sunrisers have a good bowling attack and they’ve started scoring more runs now they just need a bit of composure towards the end of matches. Mumbai have played some good cricket in recent matches but they only narrowly edged out the Kings XI last time out and with a short turnaround and a trip to Hyderabad since then and the fact this is the early match on Wednesday I think there’s enough in place for the Sunrisers to get back to winning ways here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-sunrisers-can-take-advantage-of-heavy-mumbai-schedule-20130430

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Excellent work Westy :clap. 4pts Delhi Daredevils to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 6/5 Ladbrokes Based on the season so far this match isn’t much more than 50/50 so with a bit more winning momentum, home advantage and the fact that they are odds against Delhi look like a perfectly attractive value bet here. They have more batsmen in form than Kolkata and plenty of heat in their bowling attack. Kolkata’s bowling has been walloped in recent times and their batting isn’t firing on all cylinders so it is Delhi for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-delhi-look-good-value-with-winning-momentum-20130430

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thursday early game preview: 4pts Chennai vs Kings XI - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James I much prefer the Kings XI without Adam Gilchrist in the side and I think we will see another strong batting performance from them, perhaps not enough to win this match but certainly enough to provide a high scoring match. There has only been one previous day game in Chennai this season and that was high scoring and contained 11 6’s. With the batsmen on show in this match I expect something similar here so I like the look of over 9.5 6’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-big-shots-should-be-frequent-in-high-scoring-match-20130501

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Cheers Westy :ok Thursday second game preview: 4pts Pune vs Bangalore - Over 10.5 6's Evs Skybet If Bangalore are going to get their first win on the road this season then they won’t have too many better chances than here but at 4/7 I’m no player. With the reverse meeting between these two in mind I think a much wiser bet could be over 10.5 6’s. Gayle nearly covered it twice in Bangalore and while I don’t suggest he’ll do that here there’s enough from his colleagues and the Pune batting attack to suggest this line is still plenty low enough. I don’t expect Aaron Finch to bowl any left arm filth at Gayle again, as much as I’d like to see it, but the way the Pune attack have been carted in this IPL I still expect to see plenty of sixes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-chris-gayle-may-well-enjoy-a-second-feast-on-pune-bowling-20130501

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 In the last 3 matches in Chennai, Hussey has been most run scorer of his team twice and in the third one just dhoni made more runs. I personally think Kings XI is not a good team, i think they are soft and they wont win tomorrow. WilliamHill offers Hussey top Chennai Scorer and Chennai to win @ 4.5 and i'll take it because i think is quite possible both to happen. Also Over of sixes as Kevshat said, nothing to add. In the Second one I expect a run fest, so will take the Overs 10.5 sixes @ 2, DeVilliers to score more than Dilshan @ 1.83 in Hills and Gayle to score Over 28.5 runs in Ladbrokes. He made 175 in Bangalore against this bowlers.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Will take Kolkata for tomorrow. After a few loses they need a win desperately. Rajasthan is in great moment but I think they depend so much in Watson and Dravid. Without them the batting line looks short, and in the other hand KKR batting people are many and even more if they bring Brendon McCullum in. A few coins to Gambhir top KKR batsman and KKR to win @ 5.50 in WilliamHill.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 McCullum is on his way to England. Friday preview: 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 6/5 Boylesports Rajasthan are playing the better cricket at the minute and I think they are a good bet at odds against. They have a top bowling attack which should have its own way against this misfiring Kolkata batting line up and as long as they don’t do anything stupid against Sunil Narine they have the batting at their disposal to either set a total beyond reach or chase down any total. Rajasthan won the reverse fixture between these two and they can complete the double here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-rajasthan-royals-betting-rajasthan-can-complete-the-double-over-the-champions-20130503

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Nice work on the sixes again :clap Two for me today 4pts – Kolkata v Rajasthan Over 27.5 boundaries – 5/6 Paddy Power I think this will be a fairly close contest as KKR look to get back to winning ways while the Royals will want to continue their good form. In 5 matches at Eden Gardens, 3 of them have had 29 boundaries scored and with the type of players we have on show today I think it will be another game where we see a lot of boundaries. For KKR we have the likes of Bisla, Gambhir, Kallis who all prefer to deal in boundaries while for the Royals the likes of Rahane and Dravid are likely to play a fair share of the 20 overs. All in all I see this being a good close game with 28 boundaries or more. 3pts – James Faulkner 30 Performance Points & Over – 5/6 Bet365 James Faulkner has been the surprise package of the tournament with the ball taking 16 wickets. He has two excellent weapons in his bowling armory in the slower ball and yorker which makes him a genuine wicket taker at any stage of the innings. With the ball he is more than capable of covering this with two wickets but he is also no mug with the bat should he get a hit and as most Aussies are he is also a fine fielder. So with potentially genuine scoring options in all 3 departments I like Faulkner to go well today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 The last meeting between the 2 sides kolkata 4 sixes Rajastan 2 sixes im waiting for Kolkata to explode on the batting front, today could be the day even money ill take them to hit the most sixes. Other than Warner i dont see many sixes coming from the Royals.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday preview: 4pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Delhi Daredevils 11/10 Betfred I like the Sunrisers in this match. Shikhar Dhawan has made such a difference to their side and if their batting continues to produce for the remainder of the tournament then they are dark horses for this title with the quality in their bowling attack. Although Delhi have won their last two matches I’m still not convinced by their batting and their bowling has been taken to the cleaners a few times. Throw in home advantage as well and it is the Sunrisers for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-delhi-daredevils-betting-sunrisers-can-end-the-delhi-resurgence-in-hyderabad-20130504

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 I am going to take a stab at tomorrow's game. I see a few bets which I like the look of. 1pt D.Warner Top Batsman for Delhi Daredevils @ 4.50 Ladbrokes 3pts D.Warner Over 19.5 runs @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Basically I am choosing the above bets based on his most recent performance where he has top scored for Delhi Daredevils in each of the last 3 games (66 not out, 51 not out, 40(out)). 4pts Delhi Daredevils to hit most sixes @ 2.25 Bet365 1pt Most sixes - Draw @ 7.00 Bet365 2pts Under 7.5 sixes @ 1.72 StanJames In each of the Sunrisers home games, there have not been more than 7 sixes in them and they have been generally low scoring (around 120-130 runs). Also Sunrisers have not hit the most sixes in any of their home games. In the reverse fixture in which Sunrisers won, Delhi hit the most sixes despite losing and that game had less than 7 sixes as well. I reckon we will see more of the same here with Delhi hitting more sixes than Sunrisers, and less than 8 sixes here. Taking a cover on the most sixes market, past matches on the home ground have also ended with equal number of sixes one or two times. Hopefully these don't backfire on me! :hope

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Irfan Pathan - Performance Points 32 and over @ 5/6 Bet 65 Irfan bowls his 4 over quota and will definitely trouble Sunrisers batsman who are struggling except for Shikhar Dhawan - atleast 1-2 wicket is on the cards. Hopefully, he will get chance to bat as Sunrisers have one of the best bowling attack in this IPL and surely he is no mug with the bat. His brother had a good game yesterday and hopefully he will try to replicate to have one over yusuf.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

I am going to take a stab at tomorrow's game. I see a few bets which I like the look of. 1pt D.Warner Top Batsman for Delhi Daredevils @ 4.50 Ladbrokes 3pts D.Warner Over 19.5 runs @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Basically I am choosing the above bets based on his most recent performance where he has top scored for Delhi Daredevils in each of the last 3 games (66 not out, 51 not out, 40(out)). 4pts Delhi Daredevils to hit most sixes @ 2.25 Bet365 1pt Most sixes - Draw @ 7.00 Bet365 2pts Under 7.5 sixes @ 1.72 StanJames In each of the Sunrisers home games, there have not been more than 7 sixes in them and they have been generally low scoring (around 120-130 runs). Also Sunrisers have not hit the most sixes in any of their home games. In the reverse fixture in which Sunrisers won, Delhi hit the most sixes despite losing and that game had less than 7 sixes as well. I reckon we will see more of the same here with Delhi hitting more sixes than Sunrisers, and less than 8 sixes here. Taking a cover on the most sixes market, past matches on the home ground have also ended with equal number of sixes one or two times. Hopefully these don't backfire on me! :hope
I d be wary abt the Warner bet. While there is no specific reason why it should n't come in, there is the usual tendency for Warner to progress toward his 'average' and NOT score well here. But then Chennai have won 8 in 8!

I d be wary abt the Warner bet. While there is no specific reason why it should n't come in' date=' there is the usual tendency for Warner to progress toward his 'average' and NOT score well here. But then Chennai have won 8 in 8![/quote'] Should have known better than to back Delhi (Warner) on a slow pitch. Draw on the number of sixes, and only 2 sixes in the game. So thankfully, did not lose much. Will focus on the sixes next time on this ground. Grats kevshat on the Sunrisers call!

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday early game preview: 4pts Mumbai vs Chennai - 11 or more 6's 10/11 Bet365 With the amount of hitting talent on display in this match, and two bowling attacks which have taken a bit of tap in the tournament so far, I think we can and will see plenty of sixes in this match. There have been at least 11 6’s in every match on this ground this season and I would expect to see just as many in this match with the hitters on show. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-two-big-hitting-sides-can-deliver-lots-of-maximums-20130504

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday second game preview: 4pts S.Samson Over 18.5 runs vs Pune 5/6 Ladbrokes It would be a huge surprise if Rajasthan don’t win this match given how strong their home form is but Pune have won in Chennai this season and they can play with freedom so the home side are a bit short for me. One bet I like in this match is for Sanju Samson to score more than 18.5 runs. So far in this IPL he’s scored 27*, 63 and 40 all against better attacks than he’ll face in this match. The Kolkata attack he faced last time out is infinitely better than this Pune one so I think the youngster can go well again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-pune-warriors-betting-sanju-samson-can-continue-his-good-form-in-jaipur-20130505

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 No 8/13 shot is value in this format and just because it would be a huge surprise doesn't mean it won't happen. Huge surprises happen often, particularly in this format. As I said in that preview Pune went to Chennai and won earlier this season. There are much better bets to be had than needing to back 8/13 shots no matter how good they look.

I still don't follow. Rajasthan have 5 home wins out of 5. If you take out Pune Warriors' home games (because they're having a mare,) the last 13 games in the league have been home wins. 8/13 is a price that is profitable on home games in general in this league, let alone on a 100% home team against the team who are bottom of the league. I don't even understand your reluctance to back a bet shorter than around 8/11 let alone your complete refusal to do so. Any price can be value, if the price is better than the chances of it happening and that is certainly the case here. The stats are there to back it up.
surely its each to their own?