** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday second game preview: 4pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 8/11 Stan James Mumbai Indians will know they should have won their first game but there were a few concerns which came out of it from their point of view. The opening partnership, while being eye catching, didn’t really get going and the lack of death bowling was also a concern, even more so when you consider who will be finishing with the bat for Chennai. The Super Kings generally play home surroundings well and on what we saw from Mumbai on Thursday I think the yellow men can get off to a winning start here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-chennai-can-get-off-to-a-winning-start-20130405

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday's first game preview: 4pts Pune Warriors to beat Kings XI Punjab 4/5 Paddy Power As I’ve said before I’m far from convinced about Adam Gilchrist captaining this side. He might surprise me and look like the Gilchrist of old but I just can’t see that happening and I feel he may well be more of a hindrance than a help. Pune will be scratching their heads over how they lost to Hyderabad on Friday but when they reflect they will know they need to be a bit more aggressive with the bat. There’s no Dale Steyn to worry them here so I’ll chance the Warriors again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-pune-can-make-amends-for-disappointing-opening-defeat-20130405

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 CSK v Mumbai 4pts - Highest first 6 overs score CSK - 4/5 (BET365) We saw in Mumbai's opening game that both Tendulkar and Ponting take their time to get their eye in. I feel neither can dominate like they could a few years and with the power batsmen down the order for Mumbai you get the feeling the team instructions are for the openers to provide a stable start as opposed to blistering. On the other hand CSKs top 3 all like to get on with it. Hussey and Vijay will try to utilise the power play overs and then Raina follows to do the same. In their own conditions I back CSK to be ahead after 6 overs.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday second game preview: 3pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 13/8 Betfred Given that even if Chris Gayle plays it is unlikely he will be 100% fit and given that Hyderabad have Steyn and Sharma who can test him early and even get him early I think the Sunrisers are decent value here. Bangalore’s batting looks light in the absence of de Villiers anyway but if Gayle is out or plays and fails then there isn’t much depth for Bangalore. In contrast Hyderabad bat deep and have a good bowling unit so they could be value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hyderabad-sunrisers-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-sunrisers-can-pick-up-back-to-back-wins-20130406

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 After pune warriors shock defeat to hyderabad they will try to come back strong in this match .They need to make a good start to the innings and will take full advantage of the powerplay .I expect robin uthappa to give pune a good start . Pune warriors to score more runs in first 6 overs @1.90 looks good .

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Rajasthan Royals Most 6's 23/20 Bet365 Rajasthan Royals have some big hitters in their ranks, especially with Shane Watson in consideration for this match and I think they are decent value to hit the most sixes in this match. As I mentioned in the opening match Kolkata’s top three or four aren’t known for being big hitters so Rajasthan might not need to hit too many sixes to hit the most in this match. With Watson, Rahane, Binny and Hodge who all hit a long cricket ball against only really Morgan and Pathan for KKR, both of whom bat low down, I like the hosts to hit the most 6’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-rajasthan-s-big-hitters-can-clear-the-ropes-the-most-20130407

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One more for me today. 3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 13/10 Boylesports I've decided to take this one having ummed and aahed over it for a while. I think the home side are a spot of value in this match. While Kolkata have four banker overs with Sunil Narine the wicket isn't going to turn in Jaipur so there's no reason why Rajasthan should lose a bunch of wickets to him but there isn't really anyone else in this Kolkata attack for Rajasthan to worry about unless Shami Ahmed is picked. Brett Lee's opening burst could be a bit tasty but he's rotten at the death so it levels itself out. I like the look of the Royals. They have a solid batting line up with a good mixture of hard hitters and stroke makers and whichever combination of bowlers they put out they look to have a decent bowling attack. Down the years in IPL cricket Rajasthan have a terrific record in Jaipur and they can continue that this afternoon.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 It's only half time ;). Tuesday's early game preview: 4pts T.Perera's Performance Pts - 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 I’m always reluctant to bet on the match winner on matches in Bangalore because the ground is so hard to defend in the second innings but one bet I do like here is Thisara Perera to cover a performance total of 30pts. Perera is what I call a 3D cricketer in that he bats, bowls and isn’t a bad fielder so he can score in three ways in this match. This ground isn’t big enough to contain him when he bats and his nagging line could see him grab a wicket as batsmen look to attack so I think this is a line well within Perera’s reach. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-thisara-perera-can-impress-in-bangalore-20130408

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday's second game preview: 4pts Under 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Neither of these sides have played their best cricket so far in this tournament so I’m loathe to back either if I’m honest. The best bet to me in this match looks to be under 9.5 6’s because the strength of both sides is in their bowling attack. Delhi’s batting line up is very light and short while Mumbai’s batting can flatter to deceive. There is the chance that Kieron Pollard could mess us about but Delhi’s attack has a lot of pace which will hopefully take care of him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-delhi-daredevils-betting-sixes-might-come-in-short-supply-in-big-city-battle-20130408

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One more for this afternoon's game.... 4pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kieron Pollard is a cricketer who can score in all three facets of the game and I expect him to have a good game this afternoon. Pollard is still batting too low but after his half century the other night he might be moved a place or two up the order. He will bowl 4 overs and if Mumbai make inroads into the Delhi top order then Pollard could be bowling to tail enders because Delhi's batting line up isn't the deepest and he'll be in all the important areas in the field too as we saw against Chennai so with three genuine scoring methods in play this target looks a little on the low side to me.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Good calls Kev! One for tomorrow's game for me 3pts - Praveen Kumar Performance Pts 23 & over - 5/6 (BET365) Historically Mohali is a ground where the ball does a bit and in conditions like that PK is a handful. He showed good form in the first match and with the new ball is always capable of nicking a wicket or two. He bats a long way down but should he get a go with the willow he's more than capable of reducing this line further. He covered this line quite comfortably in the King XIs first game so I'm backing the Kings XI swing bowler to do it once again.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Cheers mate :ok Wednesday's preview: 3pts M.Hussey (-3.5 runs) to beat A.Gilchrist 5/6 Ladbrokes I think Chennai will win this match but it is too early to be taking 4/6 shots. The bet I like here is for Michael Hussey to score four more runs than Adam Gilchrist. I’m still not sure about Adam Gilchrist in this Kings XI side. I can’t help but feel it’s a bit of a benefit thing for him. Michael Hussey should be up for this one with his brother in the opposition and I see no reason why he can’t score a few here. He’s the glue they bat around in this side and he should outscore Gilly by a few here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-michael-hussey-can-outscore-his-australian-counterpart-20130410

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thursday's opening game preview: 4pts 11 or more 6's 8/11 Bet365 Whenever a match is in Bangalore I immediately look to the sixes totals and in this match I think the line is very reachable. With the likes of Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers and even someone like Moises Henriques swinging from the hip for Bangalore and Yusuf Pathan, Eoin Morgan and Brett Lee for Kolkata there’s enough hitting to see 11 6’s here. This is such a small ground that anyone can clear the ropes so I expect to see this line covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-expect-the-ropes-to-be-cleared-regularly-here-20130410

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thursday's second game preview: 4pts 9 or more 6's Evs Bet365 The last match on this ground was a low scoring match but I think this will be different. I expect a decent wicket here and there’s enough batsmen in this match to clear the ropes a few times. Shane Watson is the biggest hitter on show but with Ross Taylor, Angelo Mathews, Robin Uthappa, Marlon Samuels and Mitchell Marsh all likely to be on the field there’s lots of hitting talent on show here and I think we’ll see plenty of big hits. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-rajasthan-royals-betting-expect-to-see-some-big-hits-in-pune-20130410

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Can't tip a winner at the moment but happy to keep going in hope of a change of luck :) 4pts – Kevon Cooper Performance Pts 26 & Over – 5/6 (BET365) This looks a low line for Rajasthan all rounder. He has not really featured with the bat in the Royals’ previous games but he is more than capable of some lusty blows down the order. However he has really shown his worth with the ball picking 3 wickets in both games so far. He has been given the role of death bowling so there will always be a chance of wickets with batsmen needing to score. I’m happy to back him to cover this line against Pune here.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Friday preview: 4pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Delhi Daredevils 5/4 Betfred The Sunrisers look good value to me because their bowling attack can take advantage of Delhi’s struggling batting line up. It won’t be easy to face Dale Steyn on this wicket but he’s not the only Sunriser bowling well. Thisara Perera and Ishant Sharma are going well while Amit Mishra is a good spinner. Delhi have a decent bowling attack but it got flogged last time out and they have a lot more problems than the Sunrisers going into this match. I think the visitors are decent value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-sunrisers-have-the-bowling-attack-to-triumph-in-delhi-20130411

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

Thank goodness for King Kev's bets otherwise I would be in serious loss at the moment with every tip losing :eyes You have the midas touch with these sixes bets!
Those two were flukes more than any midas touch I think. I guess we was always in the game with Gayle around but I never gave the Pune one a prayer at half time. I'll take bits of luck like that though because I'm sure it will turn sometime during the tournament. Chin up Westy, plenty of time to turn it around mate :ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

Friday preview: 4pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Delhi Daredevils 5/4 Betfred The Sunrisers look good value to me because their bowling attack can take advantage of Delhi’s struggling batting line up. It won’t be easy to face Dale Steyn on this wicket but he’s not the only Sunriser bowling well. Thisara Perera and Ishant Sharma are going well while Amit Mishra is a good spinner. Delhi have a decent bowling attack but it got flogged last time out and they have a lot more problems than the Sunrisers going into this match. I think the visitors are decent value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-sunrisers-have-the-bowling-attack-to-triumph-in-delhi-20130411
2.58 on pinnacle now, haven't looked around. Unfathomable price imo. It doesn't even make sense to me on paper, let alone from what we have seen already in the tournament.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 4pts – Delhi to hit most sixes (v Sunrisers) – 21/20 STANJAMES Delhi have not fired so far but will be boosted by the return of Virender Sehwag. This will add much needed firepower to their line up and with David Warner showing signs of finding his form I think Delhi can start to recover their position. In Sehwag, Warner, Mahela, Juneja and Irfan Pathan they have enough guys to clear the boundaries. On the other hand if you ignore the sunrisers’ six hitting performance in Bangalore where anybody can hit sixes, they have struggled to find the stands. They only have two genuine six hitters in White & Perera and Delhi have a good attack so that should nullify them. Overall at good odds I back the double Ds to hit more sixes than Hyderabad today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday's first game preview: 4pts Mumbai vs Pune - Over 9.5 6's 4/5 Ladbrokes Both sides come into this match off the back of a win so the odds seem about right. One thing which doesn’t seem spot on is the sixes line which looks a little on the low side. Both sides have some real big hitters in their ranks. Mumbai hit 10 6’s in their last match, which was on this ground, while Pune hit 8 sixes in their last game so the line of 9.5 6’s looks a touch low to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-pune-warriors-betting-wankhede-could-see-plenty-of-sixes-in-saturday-opener-20130412

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday second game preview: 4pts Chennai vs Bangalore - Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power This match should be close but for my money it is another one which will contain a lot of sixes. Some of the biggest hitters in the world are on show in this match and Chennai in particular bat very deep. Bangalore have Chris Gayle who looks in wonderful touch at the minute but AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli are no slouches. 11.5 looks a line which is in reach for these two powerful sides. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-expect-fireworks-in-chennai-20130413

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Another super call on the sixes in the Mumbai game Kev. One bet for me in the CSK RCB game; 4pts - MS Dhoni Performance Pts 32 & Over - 5/6 BET365 On paper this should be a tight game which should help this bet. Dhoni showed he was in terrific batting form in Chennai's opening game and in a close game you think he will get a bat. However he has other scoring methods and in Chennai if the ball turns the stumping will be in play with CSKs spinners. Overall I feel Dhoni will feature in this match and with a couple of genuine scoring methods I back the Chennai keeper and captain to score 32 or more performance points today.