** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

I don't understand you saying 'It would be a huge surprise if Rajasthan don't win this match' and then refusing to back them at 8/13. That seems like a total contradiction. Rajasthan have won every home game and now they're at home to the team with the worst record in the league. How is 8/13 not a bet? Surely those odds are very profitable?
I don't think Kev really means 'it will be a huge surprise', I think he means it will be a surprise, nothing is a huge surprise in T20 - it only takes 2 good overs with the ball or bat and a game can swing, a dropped catch here or there. Variance plays a massive part and as such, 8/13 is short on any team really.

not saying he is never wrong but over a season he normally has a winning record (i am sure he will share if you ask but he usually posts a summary post season) and to consistently have a winning record you must have a good perception of value. wining bets can be bad value as well if the price is shorter than it should be Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 I'll take Pune. Looking to both teams I dont see that difference between them. Even if you ask me before this IPL I would say Pune has a better batting and Bowling side than Rajasthan. I know this IPL has been home teams IPL and Pune is not in good form but playing without any pressure they can win the Royals. They already win in Chennai so it wont be that surprise to take this one too. 2points Pune to win Rajasthan @ 2.30

I don't even understand your reluctance to back a bet shorter than around 8/11 let alone your complete refusal to do so. Any price can be value' date=' if the price is better than the chances of it happening and that is certainly the case here. The stats are there to back it up.[/quote'] My reluctance comes from having backed short prices in the past and not making money from it. I've been betting on T20 for the 10 years the format has been in existence and while there might be a few home wins in this season's IPL that's not always the case. Far from it actually. I worked out pretty quickly that T20 can change in the space of 6 balls. We've seen it in this IPL. A team has been struggling such as Mumbai the other week. David Hussey comes on to bowl the final over, gets splattered for millions and Kings XI end up losing by 4. The margins for winning and losing are absolutely tiny in this format of the game so I choose not to 'chance' small prices preferring to find better bets at more realistic prices as I've done throughout this season. End of the day it isn't about being right or being wrong. It's about making money. There's plenty of ways to skin this particular cat. If you are doing that then I congratulate you and hope it continues. I'm making money my way without the sweating and panic of taking short prices which touch wood will continue too. :ok

I worked out pretty quickly that T20 can change in the space of 6 balls. :ok
Totally agree, look at this: Chennai on top against the Mumbai Indians, Mitchel Johnson takes 3 in the third Over and this match is now in Mumbai's hand... I Love T20.

I think kev's point is that 8/13 isn't value overall in the 20/20 format. He's not saying the bet isn't value just that he's reluctant to bet that price on this particular format. I think that's what he means anyway haha.
If I understand correctly selecting a team @ $1.65 when the games is 50:50 is going to end in tears in the long run. As the games are very close and unpredictable so value is the way to go.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 6/4 Skybet Given Bangalore’s tribulations on the road I think the Kings XI are worth a punt here. As a batting unit they have functioned so much better since Hussey took the captaincy and Shaun Marsh came into the side. Now they just have to find their feet with the ball again but if they can do that, and they have the players to do that, and if they can control Gayle then this is a match they can win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-kings-xi-can-grab-much-needed-win-20130506

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Hi Buzz, you ask about Kevins' record and he's far too modest to speak of it himself.At the age of 17 Kevin Bruce Harper became the youngest tipster ever to be invited into the Golden Shower an elite group of tipsters led by Tony Bloom(Brighton fc chairman).After spending 7 years as Tony's apprentice Kevin himself became a minority shareholder of Luton Town fc where he currently can be seen every Luton home game in his own executive box.This has all been funded though his own personal gambling.The reason why Kevin or Kevshat gives out tips on forums like Punters Lounge is that bookies don't ban tipsters who have a large following.His record speaks for itself,you only have to look at his fiancé former Beverly Hills 902012 actress Shannen Doherty

My reluctance comes from having backed short prices in the past and not making money from it. I've been betting on T20 for the 10 years the format has been in existence and while there might be a few home wins in this season's IPL that's not always the case. Far from it actually. I worked out pretty quickly that T20 can change in the space of 6 balls. We've seen it in this IPL. A team has been struggling such as Mumbai the other week. David Hussey comes on to bowl the final over, gets splattered for millions and Kings XI end up losing by 4. The margins for winning and losing are absolutely tiny in this format of the game so I choose not to 'chance' small prices preferring to find better bets at more realistic prices as I've done throughout this season. End of the day it isn't about being right or being wrong. It's about making money. There's plenty of ways to skin this particular cat. If you are doing that then I congratulate you and hope it continues. I'm making money my way without the sweating and panic of taking short prices which touch wood will continue too. :ok
that is a lot of wisdom. People can either take it or learn through mistakes. Cricket, by the very nature of the sport is largely fickle and in its shortest format, is highly volatile. With 20 overs for ten batsmen, the equation is skewed further. Punting short favorites is the quickest way to ruination me thinks. I d rather pick a stronger fav in other sports like tennis AFL or football.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One bet i like the look of today~~~~~ Highest Individual score over 70 11/8 Stan James With todays game taking place at Mohali this should ensure we see plenty of runs on what is properly the most batting friendly ground of all the Ipl venues.So Far in this years IPL they have been three games staged here and we have seen three individual scores of more than 70. (two of which came in the same game) But with the amount of batting talent on show tonight and a pitch that should be a beauty for batting on im happy to be on this. Might well have a nibble on there being a century @5/1 aswell same firm.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Excellent shout Bertie :clap. Some knock from Miller that :eek. Tuesday's previews: 5pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Delhi Daredevils 8/11 BetVictor I like Rajasthan in this match. They are the better side with the bat and the ball and even if Warner or Sehwag do deliver a masterclass Rajasthan have Shane Watson who can do the same thing. I think Rajasthan bat a lot deeper than Delhi and they have better and more bowling options too. When you throw in their excellent home record as well this looks like a home win to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-delhi-daredevils-betting-rajasthan-can-continue-their-fine-home-record-20130506 4pts Mumbai Indians - Over 5.5 6's vs Kolkata 5/6 Paddy Power One bet I like in this match is for Mumbai to hit at least six sixes. They have some big hitters in their ranks and the boundaries at the Wankhede aren’t the biggest. With the likes of Dwayne Smith, Dinesh Khartik, Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard all capable of hitting a long ball and all in good form I would expect to see six maximums here especially as they hit that many against Chennai despite only making 139. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-mumbai-can-continue-to-clear-the-ropes-at-wankhede-20130507

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Rajasthan Royals v Delhi Daredevils Under 11 Sixes @ 8/11 Bet 365 In all previous matches this season at Rajasthan, not more than 10 sixes has been scored in a game. Although Delhi may play freely and give their last shot of making playoff's but I am still skeptical on their intention and their current batting order. Anyways I still don't expect the sixes line to touch any near to 10. It could end up as 5-3 to Rajasthan. Another One on the same lines Rajasthan to hit most sixes @ 21/20 with same firm as their batting order seems to cohesive better than Delhi with power hitters starting and finishing the game proceeding.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Daredevils over 29.5 Fours @ 1.83 PaddyPower This line has been covered in the 3 previous games at this ground with 40,31, and 34 fours being hit. We have plenty of players on show today who are more than capable of finding the boundary and IMO more stroke players than real big hitters. The pressure is of Dehli a bit now and I think they might just relax a bit and put up a real fight in this match. With the likes of Jawaydene, Warner and Sehwag in the side we only need one or two of these to fire and we should be ok here :ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Wednesday preview: 3pts S.Dhawan Over 22.5 runs vs Chennai 5/6 Ladbrokes I think the prices for this match are about right but one bet I do like is for Shikhar Dhawan to score more than 22.5 runs. His comeback from injury in the IPL was against the Super Kings and he made an unbeaten 63 and since then he’s scored 73* and 22 so he’s in decent nick in this tournament and so I think he can make 23 on his home ground here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-shikhar-dhawan-can-go-well-against-chennai-20130507

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunrisers v Chennai - Sunrisers 2.25 BetVictor Sunrisers have won every home game and this is mainly due to their excellent bowling attack. Steyn, Ishant, Perera and Mishra seem to have the combination to stifle every batting line up at Deccan. CSK are playing extremely confidently, but Hussey, Dhoni and Bravo are in a slight dip in form. Margins are always small, but I fancy Sunrisers to bowl CSK out. This should enable them to win, whether batting first or not. Dhawan has found batting form as Kev says and this could also be a factor.

Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Daredevils over 29.5 Fours @ 1.83 PaddyPower This line has been covered in the 3 previous games at this ground with 40,31, and 34 fours being hit. We have plenty of players on show today who are more than capable of finding the boundary and IMO more stroke players than real big hitters. The pressure is of Dehli a bit now and I think they might just relax a bit and put up a real fight in this match. With the likes of Jawaydene, Warner and Sehwag in the side we only need one or two of these to fire and we should be ok here :ok
This one came in fairly comfortably yesterday with 34 Fours in total. Going to have another go on the fours market again today. Sunrisers v Chennai SK over 22.5 fours @ 1.72 Skybet This price might be big skinny for some but with the line at only 22.5 I think this offers some value and I'm happy to take it on This line has only been covered once in the last 3 matches at this ground with 12, 27 and 19 fours hit. However in the match with only 12 fours, Sunrisers contributed 8 towards the total chasing down 80 to win in only 13.5 overs. In the match with 27 they hit 15 in only 18 overs to chase down 129. The home record shows they are well suited to the this ground and I think they can go along way to covering this line themselves today. Chennai are going to be smarting from the poor performance last time out and I think they will be paying the bowlers the due respect and not trying the big shots too early. I think this can help with this bet though as I see more boundary fours being hit rather than the riskier aerial shots. Chennai certainly have enough quality batsmen in the side to score runs here and I will back them to contribute enough to help bring this bet in :ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 I am going with one bet in today's game. 6's are hard to come by in Sunrisers' home games. Previous matches played here have all seen below 7.5 sixes, and I expect this trend to continue especially with the strength of Sunrisers' bowling attack. 5pts Under 7.5 6's @ 1.83 WilliamHill

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thursday early game preview: 4pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Rajasthan Royals 11/10 Paddy Power I like the way the Kings XI are going now that they have dropped Adam Gilchrist. Their batting looks really good all of a sudden and while their bowlers aren’t going as well as they were earlier in the tournament they do still have some good bowlers in the form of Parvinder Awana, Piyush Chawla and Manpreet Gony. Rajasthan haven’t travelled brilliantly this season and their attack isn’t as effective on the slower wickets they encounter on the road so at odds against I’ll take the home side in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-rajasthan-royals-betting-kings-xi-can-thrive-in-their-home-surroundings-once-again-20130508

I am going with one bet in today's game. 6's are hard to come by in Sunrisers' home games. Previous matches played here have all seen below 7.5 sixes, and I expect this trend to continue especially with the strength of Sunrisers' bowling attack. 5pts Under 7.5 6's @ 1.83 WilliamHill
Sorry if anyone followed. No score bigger than 140ish posted prior to this game at this ground, so most certainly did not expect 223! Fair play to CSK!

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thursday later game preview: 4pts Pune Warriors Highest 1st 6 overs vs Kolkata 10/11 BetVictor Pune Warriors aren’t seeing out 20 overs very well at the minute but they are starting both innings well so I like the look of them to win the first six overs here. With Uthappa and Finch getting them off to explosive starts with the bat and Bhuvneshwar Kumar one of the most economical with the ball at the start of the innings the Warriors should go well. Neither Gambhir or Bisla are in great nick at the minute and one or two of Kolkata’s seamers have been expensive so I like Pune in six overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-pune-can-get-off-to-good-start-in-both-innings-20130508

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tomorrow i'll wait for the toss but if Kings XI bowls first then it will be interesting to take them to win the game. They have been very good chasing, they should have won a few games when batting second but didn't had luck. A few days ago Miller did the job and won the game against RCB. 10 or more sixes looks good too @ 1.80. 10 or more sixes in Pune looks good to me also, bot teams have big hitters so i'll go with it. @2.00

This one came in fairly comfortably yesterday with 34 Fours in total. Going to have another go on the fours market again today. Sunrisers v Chennai SK over 22.5 fours @ 1.72 Skybet
Another winner on the 4s yesterday with that one coming in much easier than expected. I'm going to try the market again today but will go at a slightly bigger line with better odds Kings XI v Rajasthan Royals over 33.5 fours @ 2.10 Skybet This line has been covered in 2 of the last 4 matches on this ground with the last 2 both going over - 39,36,33,29. We also had a very narrow miss on 33 and a more than respectable 29 so that tells me we should be getting a run for our money here at least. The last 2 games on this ground have been high scoring matches with 185 v 186 and 190 v 194 We have plenty of boundary hitters on display today and some in form batsmen on both sides - Dravid hit 7 himself last time out while Miller hit 8. If both teams fire as they have been of late then on a decent pitch I think this line is well with reach.:ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Kings XI Punjab v RR Most runs in an over: Over 16.5 runs @ 1.66 Paddypower Both teams have the fire power and are performing well on chases. Punjab always produce good wickets enticing ample of runs. I believe a good score in the first innings and the chase will be on. Furthermore, in recent games Punjab bowler have tendency to leak in the late innings and with the fire power Rajasthan have 17 runs in an over shouldn't be a problem. Similarly, if Punjab are chasing then the likes of David's, Marsh and Singh's should easily get us over the line of 17 runs. All in all, I am up for this one :ok

Tomorrow i'll wait for the toss but if Kings XI bowls first then it will be interesting to take them to win the game. They have been very good chasing' date=' they should have won a few games when batting second but didn't had luck. [/quote'] To add on to this - RR have lost 4 out of 5 away matches batting first. So yes, home win if RR bats first looks good.

Just a quick question for you Ipl experts. Chennai are paying around the $2.70 mark to win the premier league which seems very generous considering that its basically a certainty that they will get 2 bites at the cherry getting into the final where I would presume they would start favourites. I already have them going with Benfica and Bayern but I'm considering going in again at the price. Surely it has to be value ?