** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

Just a quick question for you Ipl experts. Chennai are paying around the $2.70 mark to win the premier league which seems very generous considering that its basically a certainty that they will get 2 bites at the cherry getting into the final where I would presume they would start favourites. I already have them going with Benfica and Bayern but I'm considering going in again at the price. Surely it has to be value ?
It's a bit complicated to say I've seen almost every match in the IPL and in my opinion Chennai and Mumbai are a bit better than the others. RCB depends too much in Gayle and I only give them some option if Zaheer Khan bowls again. I dont know what's happening with him I guess he is injured but his team is missing him. Rajasthan Royals is making a very good performance in this IPL but looking at the eleven I dont think they will win two games against better teams and play the final. Good option for the playoffs but not to win the IPL. Kings XI is a surprise for me, if Shaun Marsh has a good time then this could be the surprise of the tournament. But definetely the most complete teams in this tournaments are Chennai and Mumbai.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Friday preview: 4pts C.Pujara (-0.5 runs) to beat V.Sehwag (Delhi vs Bangalore) 5/6 Ladbrokes I don’t trust Bangalore on the road at the best of times but I certainly don’t trust them off the back of such a hurtful defeat. One bet I like in this match is for Cheteshwar Pujara to outscore Virender Sehwag. Virender Sehwag has had nine innings in this IPL and he has only passed 28 in one of those so his form isn’t good. Pujara returned in Bangalore’s last match and it was like he’d never been away as he scored 51. Pujara can just tick the runs over while Gayle goes mental at the other end and his safer approach can lead to him outscoring the Indian legend here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-che-pujara-can-continue-his-comeback-in-style-20130509

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday's early game preview: 4pts Mumbai Indians Most 6's vs Pune 10/11 William Hill I like Mumbai to hit the most sixes here. All of their top eight can all hit a long ball but what makes me like this bet more is none of their bowling attack are that easy to hit. Contrast that with Pune who admittedly have some hitters of their own, albeit few of them are in any form, but their bowling attack is getting carted on a regular basis. With the likes of Smith, Pollard, Harbhajan and Sharma in their side I like Mumbai hitting the most sixes in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-mumbai-can-take-this-pune-attack-apart--20130510

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Thanks Kev Pune v Mumbai - Over 8.5 sixes @ 1.83 Skybet I think this is a line that is well within reach. We have plenty of big hitters on both sides that can help contribute towards bringing this in and I think we should see at least 9 here. As Kev has said the Pune batsmen aren't in the greatest of form, however we still saw 4 maximums from the bat of Matthews in the 106 they scored last time out. If you look at the batting line up they have a host of players who are capable of clearing the ropes - Uthappah, Finch, Singh and Marsh having already gone over the ropes at this ground. Again as Kev has said in his bet, Mumbai are also full of the big hitters and we only need the likes of Pollard and Sharma to get going and they will cover this line between them. We saw 17 sixes on this ground against RCB and while I don't think we will see that tomorrow, we have more than enough players to hit the 9 required :ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday late game preview: 4pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Kings XI Punjab Evs Ladbrokes I like the Sunrisers here. Quite why Kings XI went back to Adam Gilchrist in their last match when they were in such good form I’ve no idea and although he scored runs it completely changes the dynamic of their side. One concern could be the Sunrisers death bowling particularly if David Miller catches hold of them but they have enough strength in their attack to get him in and out early and if they do that I would expect the visitors to run out winners here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-sunrisers-have-the-bowling-power-to-beat-the-kings-xi-20130510

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday early game preview: 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 11/8 Ladbrokes Kolkata look a big price to me here. Although they are clinging on to hopes of making the playoffs by the slenderest of threads that might allow them to free up and play with some freedom whereas the pressure is all on Bangalore. Chris Gayle continues to flatter to deceive on the road and he is a big player for Bangalore. On a turning track I think conditions will suit Kolkata so they look overpriced at 11/8 to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-betting-ranchi-wicket-could-suit-the-knight-riders-20130511

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Sunday second game preview: 4pts Rajasthan vs Chennai - Over 38.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I expect a high scoring game here and I think we’ll see the 38.5 boundaries line covered. I say that because these are two in form batting line ups and while their bowling attacks have plenty of heat in them they can be wayward with that pace too. Two games ago there were 50 boundaries here and there were 38 last time out in a match where neither side scored 160. The outfield here is lightning, the batsmen are frightening and I expect this line to be covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-expect-to-see-the-boundary-peppered-in-jaipur-20130512

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Mumbai vs Hyderabad - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power This should be a competitive match but it is a match I think we’ll see a few sixes in. Both sides have big hitters in their ranks. The boundaries here aren’t the biggest and with the likes of Perera, Sammy, Pollard, Smith and the other big hitters in the Mumbai ranks there are enough players who can go big. Neither side are brilliant with the ball at the death so I think 10 6’s are in range. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mumbai-indians-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-plenty-of-big-hitting-expected-in-mumbai-20130513

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Kieron Pollard somehow won me my bet. Needed Pollard to hit 55 or so of the last 60 runs to catch the 59 runs scored bu hyderabads top run scorer. 7 sixes in 26 balls.. and got my bet in. good day for the forum with Kevs coming in easily. 16 sixes in total.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday early game preview: 6pts Bangalore vs Kings XI - 12 or more 6's 4/5 Bet365 Bangalore should win this game but nothing is certain at this stage of the tournament. One thing which should be a gimme is we are going to see a lot of sixes in this match. Both teams are stacked up with big hitters and these are the smallest boundaries in the IPL so the sixes should really flow. Neither bowling attack is that strong and we saw 14 6’s in that incredible game between the two in Mohali so I’m confident we’ll see at least a dozen here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-expect-the-sixes-to-flow-at-the-chinnaswamy-20130513

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday late game preview: 4pts M.Hussey (-3.5 runs) to beat V.Sehwag (Chennai vs Delhi) 5/6 Ladbrokes You’d expect Chennai to win this match but they are miles too short for my liking. A bet I do like is Michael Hussey to outscore Virender Sehwag by four runs. Sehwag has only passed 28 once in this whole competition while Michael Hussey has only made less than 30 in two of his last ten matches. In the reverse fixture between these two Hussey made 65 not out and with Delhi’s all pace attack I would expect Hussey to fill his boots and win this match up again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-delhi-daredevils-betting-michael-hussey-can-outdo-virender-sehwag-in-chennai-20130513

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 RCB are very good at home, and a win today will be a massive step to finishing in the Top4, that tho depends on their next away game, 6 out of 6 at home, and Kings dont have it to go there and win in front of this crowd. Yes Home win, also Kings can mathamatically reach the playoffs, however, IMO Wigan have more chance of staying up in the PL A win at home for CSK today, cements their place in the top 4, I doubt they will let the opportunity slip, If they win it almost gives them top two, in the playoffs. Get out and win will be the cry!, keep it simple. Bat well they will win. DD are playing for pride, they were poor in the batting department last time the teams met, and I doubt much will change with alot of squad players getting a game today, 1 or 2 may step up, however the result will be a home win. So the double stands as a good bet for both home teams.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 RCB scored = 174.....Very good score, be very hard to beat. 6's scored in their innings = 9, 3 from kings should be done. Imo the game is weighed in already, Kings dont have it in the batting department, only Millar is capable, of causing a massive shock here.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 A massive shock indeed...they got it with 11 balls to spare,,,GILCHRIST batted really well, however a few times he had an enourmous amount of luck, misfields drop catches, dead man land drops ....13 sixes, was my last count, so at least the 4/5 went in... THAT IS CRICKET MY FREINDS......YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!

Easily chased. Even 200 looks chaseable against RCB bowler's...
Yep i think the bowlers thought it was in the bag...and bowled like amatures, It was a game of hit or miss for kings....they hit more than they missed!

RCB scored = 174.....Very good score, be very hard to beat. 6's scored in their innings = 9, 3 from kings should be done. Imo the game is weighed in already, Kings dont have it in the batting department, only Millar is capable, of causing a massive shock here.
always tickles me how people are counting there winnings before the game has finished,t20 can go either regardless of stats,at this stage of the competition surely some teams want it and need it more than the others.

So' date=' one more week of games and one final push on what looks to be loads more probable home wins. Today's look the most likely of the lot, so I urge you to lump on an RCB and Chennai double. It's 7/6 with Boylesports but may be even better elsewhere. One of the best odds against shots you'll see for a while. Please do lump on, 10pts as Kevshat would say.[/quote'] kinda blown your home theory out the water didnt it,gambling on nothing but the fact that a team is playing at home is ridiculous.

Easily chased. Even 200 looks chaseable against RCB bowler's...
Anything is chasable on that ground as even Ireland showed against England in the World Cup 2 years ago. That's why I'll rarely bet on the match winner on that ground. All too often win the toss bowl first win the match is the outcome.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 The truth is that in T20 you can get a home win of 8/13 odds in odds around 6/4 in live betting... So really there is no point in getting the 8/13 pre-game odds. At the same way you can lay a 6/4 away win on 1/3 odds in live-play. Then some Gayle or Polard can come and have 5 6s in a row, or a Gilchrist - Mahmood partnership have 12-13 4s in 18 balls and the odds change completely. It's obvious that there is no value in odds less than evens.

The truth is that in T20 you can get a home win of 8/13 odds in odds around 6/4 in live betting... So really there is no point in getting the 8/13 pre-game odds. At the same way you can lay a 6/4 away win on 1/3 odds in live-play. Then some Gayle or Polard can come and have 5 6s in a row, or a Gilchrist - Mahmood partnership have 12-13 4s in 18 balls and the odds change completely. It's obvious that there is no value in odds less than evens.
couldnt agree more,betting in play is defo the way in t20.todays game proved that i got 2/1 on kings today in the 5th,could have got bigger had i taken it earlier.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Wednesday early game preview: 4pts Kolkata vs Pune - Under 7.5 6's Evs Skybet We saw in the first game at Ranchi that conditions aren’t easy to bat there and I expect no difference in this match either, particularly as we saw much the same in the ODI between India and England earlier in the year. The wicket here is full of turn which plays into the Kolkata hands but it is slow and low so hitting big shots isn’t easy. There were only three sixes with the big hitting Bangalore in opposition to Kolkata in the last game here and I don’t see there being many more in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-pune-warriors-betting-sixes-are-hard-to-hit-in-ranchi-20130514