** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Not to be but can't complain as I've had some lucky lately. Sunday's early match preview: 4pts Kolkata vs Hyderabad - Under 9 Sixes 10/11 Bet365 Neither of these sides are big hitting sides and this Eden Gardens isn’t the easiest to hit big shots on so I don’t expect to see too many sixes in this match barring some poor bowling which I don’t expect as both sides have very good bowling attack. There were only three sixes in the opening match on this ground and with banker overs from Sunil Narine, Dale Steyn and Brett Lee to name a few I expect to see fewer than 9 sixes in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-two-good-bowling-attacks-can-keep-the-big-hits-down-20130413

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Second game preview: 4pts Rajasthan to beat Kings XI Punjab 4/5 Coral Given the doubts I have over this Kings XI batting line up with Gilchrist at the top I just about favour the Royals here. I like the Rajasthan batting line up a lot and while Sreesanth took some tap in the last match generally the Royals have a decent bowling attack too as we saw when they destroyed Kolkata here earlier in the season. Rajasthan look a more secure side to me and they can win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-rajasthan-can-keep-up-their-impressive-home-record-20130414

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

Not to be but can't complain as I've had some lucky lately. Sunday's early match preview: 4pts Kolkata vs Hyderabad - Under 9 Sixes 10/11 Bet365 Neither of these sides are big hitting sides and this Eden Gardens isn’t the easiest to hit big shots on so I don’t expect to see too many sixes in this match barring some poor bowling which I don’t expect as both sides have very good bowling attack. There were only three sixes in the opening match on this ground and with banker overs from Sunil Narine, Dale Steyn and Brett Lee to name a few I expect to see fewer than 9 sixes in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-two-good-bowling-attacks-can-keep-the-big-hits-down-20130413
One more bet to go with the above in the first match. 3pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 31/20 Sportingbet Given the start they have made to the season I think the Sunrisers are a spot of value here. Ok the wicket is going to be low and slow in Kolkata but that shouldn't not suit Hyderabad who have Amit Mishra in their side while Thisara Perera bowls cutters which should be hard to get away. Both sides have top bowling attacks and both sides have indifferent batting line ups but I think Kolkata have a bigger problem than the Sunrisers in that regard, especially with their Indian's not really doing a lot. Sunrisers bat quite deep as we saw against Delhi and they adapted to conditions well there, with good players of spin such as White and Sangakkara in their ranks Hyderabad have enough with bat and ball to get the job done here at a perfectly attractive price.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Chennai Most 6's vs Pune 11/10 Coral Chennai are a bit short for my liking in this match but I do like the odds against on them hitting the most 6’s in this match. Now only do they have the more powerful batting line up but they have a bowling attack which is very hard to get after. Pune have a few hitters in their ranks but their bowling attack can go around the park, as we saw in their last match against Mumbai and it could be that which is the different so it is Chennai most 6’s for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-pune-warriors-betting-chennai-s-batting-line-up-can-deliver-the-most-sixes-20130414

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 3pts – Pune highest first 6 over score – 5/4 SPORTINGBET This is a little bit of a risky one as Pune have shown the ability to implode at the top of the order but I think there is enough value to have a punt. In the last match they were undone by some high quality swing bowling so you can forgive them for losing wickets there. Chennai do possess some quality bowlers too but in Finch, Uthappa, Ross Taylor coming in at 1,2 and 3 you have some highly aggressive players who like to go hard at the bowling. Chennai on the other hand have started off steady with Hussey & Vijay providing the platform for the bigger hitters down the order and the stats back this up having been beaten in this market in all 3 of their games so far.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One more. 3pts - CSK v PWI Over 9.5 sixes – 9/10 BOYLESPORTS I think we’ll see some sixes in this match. Both line ups bat a long way down with some real power players who can clear the ropes easily. I get the feeling that Pune Warriors are starting to get in their stride and they have hit 8 and 5 sixes in their last 2 games. On the other hand CSK have been fairly steady and this is without the likes of Raina and Bravo really contributing. Their bowling has conceded a fair few sixes too so all in all, in a match featuring the likes of Finch, Taylor, Yuvraj, Dhoni just to name a few I’d like to be on the side of overs.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Tuesday's opening match preview: 4pts A.Gilchrist Under 18.5 runs vs Kolkata 5/6 Ladbrokes Adam Gilchrist has had a poor start to the IPL season with the bat. He has scores of 15, 9 and 0 so far and this Knight Riders bowling attack isn’t the easiest to face. It’s no surprise that he’s struggled because he hasn’t played since this tournament last year and I would say the bowlers in this tournament are probably the best set of bowlers in IPL history. His runs line for this match is 18.5 and against this Knight Riders attack that just looks a bit too high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-adam-gilchrist-s-batting-struggles-can-continue-20130415

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Hey, quite new to the forums. Got to say Pune have done me well this year so had a speculative go on them. Had a feeling MS Dhoni wouldn't fire in this game for some reason. Nice to see Pune finally playing Steve Smith as well and scoring a few and taking a couple of catches.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Good shout on Pune first 6 overs Westy :clap Tuesday's second match preview: 4pts Bangalore vs Delhi - 11 or more 6's 10/11 Bet365 It is hard to see the Bangalore side not winning this match but Delhi have some matchwinners in their side so I’m not interested in backing the home side at such a short price. Both sides have big hitters in their ranks so I expect to see plenty of sixes as we normally do on this ground. If Chris Gayle gets going he could almost hit the required 11 6’s on his own but Warner, Sehwag, de Villiers and Kohli are among a number of players able to help him out. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-delhi-dardevils-betting-the-ropes-should-be-cleared-plenty-of-times-here-20130415

Tuesday's opening match preview: 4pts A.Gilchrist Under 18.5 runs vs Kolkata 5/6 Ladbrokes Adam Gilchrist has had a poor start to the IPL season with the bat. He has scores of 15, 9 and 0 so far and this Knight Riders bowling attack isn’t the easiest to face. It’s no surprise that he’s struggled because he hasn’t played since this tournament last year and I would say the bowlers in this tournament are probably the best set of bowlers in IPL history. His runs line for this match is 18.5 and against this Knight Riders attack that just looks a bit too high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-kolkata-knight-riders-betting-adam-gilchrist-s-batting-struggles-can-continue-20130415
One more to go with the above. Don't normally take handicaps in T20 matches but whichever way I look at this it looks a complete mismatch. 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders -2.5wickets/11.5runs 9/10 Sportingbet Kolkata look way too good for the Kings XI in my eyes here. I think their bowling attack will be hard to get runs against, especially with the Kings XI being nothing with the bat so far in the tournament, and I think the Kolkata batting line up will be too powerful for the Kings XI side. Gautan Gambhir has been in good touch throughout the IPL which Eoin Morgan is taking matches away from sides. The Knight Riders bat a lot longer down their order than the Kings XI too which is a factor. As I've said all tournament I don't see how the Kings XI can be competitive with Gilchrist taking up a place in the side as an overseas player because their Indian batsman aren't good enough and neither is Gilchrist any more. Kolkata for me here and by a fair margin for a T20 too.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 4pts – KKR to hit most sixes (v KXIP) – 4/5 SKYBET I can’t see how Kings XI can beat KKR today as they just look a very poor side but I can’t back KKR in a single at such short prices so I’ll have a go in the sixes market. In their 3 matches so far they have only mustered 4 sixes and they will have their work cut out against a KKR attack that contains some mystery and experience. In addition their big gun Gilchrist can’t buy a run so unless he magically rediscovers his touch or Hussey goes berserk I can’t see Kings XI hitting many sixes. KKR have a few of their batsmen in prime form and I fancy them to hit most sixes in this game today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Simply stuff with Gilly Kev :notworthy, he really needs to call it quits. And one for the second game today. 4pts – RCB v DD Total Fours OVER 26.5 – 5/6 PaddyPower Despite Delhi’s horrow show of a start to the IPL I think we will see a fairly close game here which should help with this bet. The Bangalore ground is notorious for run scoring, the ball flies and the outfield is quick. In the three matches so far we’ve seen 29, 27 and 28 fours scored at this venue. Then when you factor in the players on show there is a fair amount of talent and numerous boundary hitters on both sides. Overall I will go with the stats on this one and expect to see 27 or more boundaries scored in the match.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Cheers Westy. Shame they collapsed in the second innings. We both got 'Gony'd' there :wall. Wednesday first match preview: 4pts Pune Warriors Most 6's vs Hyderabad 5/6 Paddy Power I think Pune go into this match a little on the short side here but I’m encouraged by the changes they have made to their batting line up. With Yuvraj Singh and Angelo Mathews due to return here I think they have a very strong batting line up and one which can hit the most 6’s here. For the Sunrisers we’re really only looking at Cameron White and Thisara Perera as natural six hitters whereas Pune hit all the way down so I would be surprised were the home side not to hit the most 6’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pune-warriors-vs-sunrisers-hyderabad-betting-pune-have-the-hitting-power-to-provide-the-most-sixes-20130416

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Wednesday second game preview: 3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Mumbai Indians 6/4 Bet365 Rajasthan Royals continue to have an excellent record in the IPL on this ground and they have the bowlers to deal with the likes of Khartik and Sharma. If the Royals can continue to put runs on the board on this ground, and do it against this attack then they have every chance of winning this match. Given their record on this ground they look a little overpriced at 6/4 in my eyes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rajasthan-royals-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-rajasthan-look-overpriced-to-continue-strong-home-record-20130416

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 I can't see any reason not to take Sunrisers at 2.48 on Pinnacle. They are having problems themselves with Sanga woefully out of form and probably the worst opening partnership in the tournament but I still think strong bowling sides are normally underrated and overpriced. Yuvraj is out according to cricinfo and imo this is more of a loss to pune bowling than batting as they have decent cover with the bat. 2.48 is a big price in T20.

I can't see any reason not to take Sunrisers at 2.48 on Pinnacle. They are having problems themselves with Sanga woefully out of form and probably the worst opening partnership in the tournament but I still think strong bowling sides are normally underrated and overpriced. Yuvraj is out according to cricinfo and imo this is more of a loss to pune bowling than batting as they have decent cover with the bat. 2.48 is a big price in T20.
Looking good so far

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 4pts – Rajasthan over 13.5 boundaries (v MI) – 5/6 PaddyPower I think Rajasthan will go well in this match as they have done at Jaipur in both their games so far. Looking down their line up they have guys like Rahane and Dravid who are both boundary four hitters rather than six hitters so I like the look of the boundary line. They have covered this in both their matches so far and despite MI having a good attack I think the Royals will do well today and score 14 or more boundary fours.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Great work with Hyderabad and Rajasthan boundaries guys :clap. Thursday match preview: 4pts Chennai Most 6's vs Delhi 11/10 Skybet Nothing interests me with the match betting in this match but one thing which does is for Chennai to hit the most 6’s. Only really David Warner of Delhi’s top order is a regular six hitter and I’m sure Dhoni will plough into him with spin after seeing how he struggled against it in the test series with India last month so he could fall early and cheaply. Sehwag and Jayawardene mostly get the job done inside the ropes. Chennai bat with six hitters down to number nine and with the pace continuing to come on the ball from the Delhi bowlers I think Chennai can hit the most sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-chennai-have-the-power-to-hit-the-most-sixes-in-delhi-20130417

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One more for this afternoon. 4pts M.Jayawardene (-0.5 runs) to beat S.Raina 5/6 Ladbrokes Mahela Jaywardene is having a fairly decent IPL so far given that he's the captain of a side who are yet to win a match and I think he can lead by example in this match. Mahela has 128 runs from five innings in the tournament so far and looks as solid as we would expect him to look. Suresh Raina isn't having his best IPL thus far having only passed 10 once in Chennai's opening three matches. I don't think Raina will go a lot better here because it is well known he struggles with pace bowling and Delhi have plenty of pace bowlers so Raina can expect some short and hostile bowling in this match. Mahela is at ease against seam or spin and I would expect him to top score his opposite number in this match.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Lovely call on Rajasthan Kev. Two for me at the moment in today's game. 3pts – Highest Opening Partnership? Chennai – 10/11 PaddyPower Mike Hussey will surely be back in the CSK line up for this game having been inexplicably rested for the previous game. If that is the case I expect CSK to continue to get off to solid starts as Vijay and Hussey have formed a decent partnership and both batsmen are in decent nick. On the other hand Delhi’s opening duo are very hit and miss and as Kev said it would be no surprise to see CSK hit Warner with spin early on which could be his downfall. Chennai to have the highest opening partnership for me. 1pt – Kedhar Jadhav Top Delhi Batsman – 10/1 Ladbrokes This is a big price for a lad who has top scored in Delhi’s two previous games despite batting low down the order. He is a talented kid who has had a good domestic limited over season so being the form player it could be that the Delhi think tank promotes him up the order a spot or two. Even if he continues to come lower down the order, with Delhi’s batting line misfiring consistently I’m happy to take a punt on Jadhav to top score for the double D’s.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Player Performance - M Morkel 22 & over @ 1.83 Bet365 I think this is a line that is well within Morkel's grasp. He has covered this in 2 out of his 3 matches so far and I think he is a bit of value to do it again today. He has taken at least 1 wicket in each of these matches with 2 against Sunrisers, 1 against RCB and 1 against Mumbai. If he can carry that on today then I feel confident he can pick up the other 3 points through his runs or catching. In the match against Mumbai he covered this line with his batting alone scoring 23 runs. He also has 2 run outs to his name against RCB so he is always involved in the game. He is more than capable of scoring points in all 3 areas of the game and has 14 catches in 98 T20 internationals. Good stuff in here so far guys. Keep it up :ok

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 One for this afternoon's game. Got to fancy M.S.DHONI's player performance 31 & over @ 1.83 Bet 365. In the four games to date he's managed totals of 61, 0, 88 and 35 points, but in that second game he didn't get to bat. A stumping alone earns him 25 points, and he's managed one in each of the last two games.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Friday match preview: 4pts Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Kings XI Punjab 10/11 Bet365 I prefer the Sunrisers here. They have the better batting line up in my eyes and certainly the better bowling attack and they should know their home conditions well enough to pick up another win here. Kings XI won last time out but Kolkata threw that match away. The likes of White, Perera and even someone like Mishra can get the Sunrisers up to a competitive total which they can defend and maintain their unbeaten home record this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunrisers-hyderabad-vs-kings-xi-punjab-betting-sunrisers-can-maintain-their-unbeaten-home-record-20130418

Great work with Hyderabad and Rajasthan boundaries guys :clap. Thursday match preview: 4pts Chennai Most 6's vs Delhi 11/10 SkybetNothing interests me with the match betting in this match but one thing which does is for Chennai to hit the most 6’s. Only really David Warner of Delhi’s top order is a regular six hitter and I’m sure Dhoni will plough into him with spin after seeing how he struggled against it in the test series with India last month so he could fall early and cheaply. Sehwag and Jayawardene mostly get the job done inside the ropes. Chennai bat with six hitters down to number nine and with the pace continuing to come on the ball from the Delhi bowlers I think Chennai can hit the most sixes here.Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-chennai-have-the-power-to-hit-the-most-sixes-in-delhi-20130417
Gonna be a really disgusting one if you lose this given the way the game has played but I can still see it happening, fingers crossed for you.Dhoni can be a deadly blow to a 6's bet sometimes. He doesn't ever really need to hit 6's

Player Performance - M Morkel 22 & over @ 1.83 Bet365 I think this is a line that is well within Morkel's grasp. He has covered this in 2 out of his 3 matches so far and I think he is a bit of value to do it again today. He has taken at least 1 wicket in each of these matches with 2 against Sunrisers, 1 against RCB and 1 against Mumbai. If he can carry that on today then I feel confident he can pick up the other 3 points through his runs or catching. In the match against Mumbai he covered this line with his batting alone scoring 23 runs. He also has 2 run outs to his name against RCB so he is always involved in the game. He is more than capable of scoring points in all 3 areas of the game and has 14 catches in 98 T20 internationals. Good stuff in here so far guys. Keep it up :ok
Confused myself a bit here as I put 3 points required in my write up. Thankfully it was only 2 needed to bring this in. Great shout on top bat Westy :clap :clap