Europa League > Thurs 4th April

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Tottenham Hotspur v Basel These days I tend to avoid betting on European matches simply because I don't have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to European sides, and lets face it, anything can happen in games like this with so much at stake. This is a lesson that unfortunately I've had to learn the hard way on numerous occasions, but on this game, I can't help but resist the value on Jan Vertonghen to score at anytime during the game. Recently, he has been outstanding and has shown his worth already after being signed. So with that being said, I'm going to lay down a small stake with the following: Jan Vertonghen anytime goal scorer @ 7/1 w/ Ladbrokes Good luck with your bets people! Since my bet size is so small, I thought I'd still a couple quid on a 2-0 scoreline to Tottenham at full time. Nothing but a pure gamble but this is really all for a little entertainment tonight with some beer at the ready! :)

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Fenerbahçe will wait to strike it is an advantage for them to play first game at home because they play so slow and safe. This match is likely to go boring 0-0 draw or 1-0, 2-0 Fenerbahçe win in my eyes.

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April

Fenerbahce been really lucky get this far and now their luck will run out. Lazio is their first real test and the odds for Lazio to win is an absolute steal. Fenerbahce are a below average team and have been getting the results but out of pure luck. Lazio are a different class and can see them winning comfortably in Istanbul tomorrow.
Lucky? Fenerbahçe were clinched group leader in 5th game. They outplayed both Bate and Plzen. Ofcourse there is luck in every game but come on. Even Di Canio disagrees with these statements.

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April * Chelsea (ENG) - Rubin Kazan (RUS) - I expect the Kazan "bus" to be parked :) Lets say it with honesty: Chelsea are crap nowadays and against such a very well organized defensive of Kazan they wont be able to find solutions. Under 1.5 goals in my view here 3.25 Sportingbet * Fenerbahce (TUR) - Lazio (ITA) - OMFG this one is damn hot by all meas. Italians play to break legs, turkish side really warriors. Imo a red card and (or) a penalty it is likely to happen. Red 4.00 ; penalty 3.80 * Tottenham (ENG) - Basel (SWI) - Of course, hot favorite Tottenham, still remember how Basel played in UCL vs Manchester United, so the price 1.40 for the hosts a joke. The english side's game around Bale Gareth, wich has only one leg (the left), if Basel is smart enough to block him on this dangerous left leg and avoid stupid fouls or give away freekicks of course they can stay unbeaten. Basel will score goal * Benfica (POR) - Newcaslte (ENG) - Benfica win 1-0 imo.

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April * Chelsea (ENG) - Rubin Kazan (RUS) - I expect the Kazan "bus" to be parked . Lets say it with honesty: Chelsea aagainst such a very well organized defensive of Kazan they wont be able to find solutions. Under 1.5 goals in my view here 3.25 Sportingbet * Fenerbahce (TUR) - Lazio (ITA) - OMFG this one is damn hot by all meas. Italians play to break legs, turkish side really warriors. Imo a red card and (or) a penalty it is likely to happen. Red 4.00 ; penalty 3.80 * Tottenham (ENG) - Basel (SWI) - Of course, hot favorite Tottenham, still remember how Basel played in UCL vs Manchester United, so the price 1.40 for the hosts a joke. The english side's game around Bale Gareth, wich has only one leg (the left), if Basel is smart enough to block him on this dangerous left leg and avoid stupid fouls or give away freekicks of course they can stay unbeaten. Basel will score goal * Benfica (POR) - Newcaslte (ENG) - Benfica win 1-0 imo.

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Benfica v Newcastle I will go into some detail regarding this game. Benfica are top of the Portugeeze league as oposed to Newcastle being close to bottom of the prem. Newcastle are now in a relegation battle, mainly due to playing in this Extra comp. I believe now they have come as far as they can in this Comp with such a Ltd squad. Benfica are a class act, especially at home I dont fancy Newcastles Chances at all playing down there. Even if Man Utd or another Top were heading down there, I wouldnt back them. Benfica will be victorious and I believe by a couple of nets. Benfica will need to try and open up a reasonable gap before going up to Geordieland and they are capable of doing so. My Tip's are as Follows: Benfica to WIn @ 1.5 Betfair Benfica -1 @ 1.77

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Have to disagree with the people who are saying Benfica are a poor price tonight. Lets look at the facts here. Benfica are on an unbeaten home record of 29 matches and have averaged over 3 goals every home game this season. These are better stats than the very best of europes sides like Barca, Real Madrid, Athletico, Juve and PSG. Newcastle are on a very poor run of form, particularly away from home, are ravaged by many injuries to key players (Collocini in particular) Have lost Demba Ba, have a very inexperienced side who are also on the verge of going out the premiership. Just hearing Alan Pardew on ITV4 saying that they are going to try and press Benfica and try for the away goal. Shows what a total clown this man is. Benfica are going to crucify them. l lumped on a double of Bayern and Benfica on Tuesday. Not even got a sweat on about the result.

Fenerbahce (TUR) - Lazio (ITA) ....A lot of pressure from Fener ...a lot of sideplays from Lazio...Over 10 corners Odd: 2.20 (bet 365) seems to be a steal... Also Over 12 corners @ 3.75 ....

Have to disagree with the people who are saying Benfica are a poor price tonight. Lets look at the facts here. Benfica are on an unbeaten home record of 29 matches and have averaged over 3 goals every home game this season. These are better stats than the very best of europes sides like Barca' date=' Real Madrid, Athletico, Juve and PSG.[/quote'] They also play in a league that is on a par with the mightly scotland Sent from my C6603 using PL Forum

Benfica v Newcastle I will go into some detail regarding this game. Benfica are top of the Portugeeze league as oposed to Newcastle being close to bottom of the prem. Newcastle are now in a relegation battle, mainly due to playing in this Extra comp. I believe now they have come as far as they can in this Comp with such a Ltd squad. Benfica are a class act, especially at home I dont fancy Newcastles Chances at all playing down there. Even if Man Utd or another Top were heading down there, I wouldnt back them. Benfica will be victorious and I believe by a couple of nets. Benfica will need to try and open up a reasonable gap before going up to Geordieland and they are capable of doing so. My Tip's are as Follows: Benfica to WIn @ 1.5 Betfair Benfica -1 @ 1.77
An easy one this was :nana

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Fair to say Benfica rode their luck on more than one occasion with time standing still on 2 occasions when the ball was creeping toward goal only for it to come back off the post. Fair also to say that on each occasion l truly shat my pants. On balance of play though, lets be truthful, Benfica mullered them!

Fair to say Benfica rode their luck on more than one occasion with time standing still on 2 occasions when the ball was creeping toward goal only for it to come back off the post. Fair also to say that on each occasion l truly shat my pants. On balance of play though, lets be truthful, Benfica mullered them!
yeh I had to change my pants a couple of times too, Especially with that Penalty re-take..

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April Fenerbahce did great yesterday. Huge advantage for semi finals. I guess Lazio too much underestimated and tried to let it go into second leg at the beginning. As I told Fener did what they are good at. No adventurous tactic. Congratulations to who earned and to who adviced correct bets

Re: Europa League > Thurs 4th April FC Basel v Spurs Win here for Basel, Bale lennon and gallas out. Spurs ain't won a game without Bale this year. They are playing in Europe aswell, it is always harder than equivalent team in premier league. Spurs were lucky to be going into this game 2-2. Basel, the only domestic champions among the eight quarter-finalists, will be playing their 18th European match of the season. FC Basel win - 13/10, all in. Good luck everyone that's betting the other way, enjoy the match.