** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

March 18 - March 31

Re: March 18 - March 31 Thomaz Bellucci v Jerzy Janowicz Polish has been disappointing has happened and where its effect "boom" Paris is far from reality. Especially if we measure it in such courts, outdoor hard, and not very fast. these tracks you should sit Bellucci fine, a slow hard to be particularly well suited to his powerful left foot. Moreover, shortly before effect "boom" Janowicz, last year beat Bellucci in straight sets in a very fast indoor hard court. By adding another factor, Bellucci has already played one round, while the Polish did not, and also won a player of similar characteristics as Daniel Brands. Thomaz Bellucci @ 2,9X my bet of the day GL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: March 18 - March 31 I think this will be my first tips for me here ! So:Andy Murray - Bernard Tomic under 20.5 games @1.85 Bet365 Andy always starts every tournament in force, he wants every game to end up quickly because he need to be well prepared for the final stages of the tournament. Raonic - Ruffin under 20.5 games @ 1.85 Bet365 Same argument. Good Luck !

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Yen-hsun Lu for a 2/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Fancy Mikhail Youzhny to bounce back with a win over Lu. He has a good H2H record against him and seems fully fit (he has already won a doubles match against the Bryans here, so there should be no problems fitness-wise) for his Miami campaign, so I would not have him as the underdog here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-lu-betting-mikhail-youzhny-to-bounce-back-by-winning-against-yen-hsun-lu-20130323 Back Ivan Dodig to beat John Isner for a 2/10 stake at 2.37 with Ladbrokes Isner is going to come back strongly at some point, but I do not believe that he is going to do much in Miami this year. The slower conditions will hinder his serve and Dodig will stay in no matter what, so I fancy the Croat to convert his chances and to record yet another victory in Miami. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-isner-betting-john-isner-s-struggles-look-set-to-continue-in-miami-20130323 Back Simone Bolelli (+1.5 sets) to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 2/10 stake at 2.22 with Pinnacle Bolelli did really well against Levine, saving a match point on the American's serve and turning the deciding set around. He is a level below Dimitrov, but he is one of the toughest players around and we all know that Dimitrov can be rather lackluster at times, so a set might be fully within the Italian's range here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bolelli-vs-dimitrov-betting-simone-bolelli-might-have-enough-for-a-set-or-two-today-20130323

Re: March 18 - March 31 Isner vs Dodig. Over 23.5 games 2.00 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Good value on this one. Isner's form is quite patchy and erratic this year also due to some injury problems he has faced. Certainly the better server of the two, but Dodig has a good serve as well and will certainly hold his serve quite easily. His form is quite good and he's already had a match to catch some more rhythm and adapting to the surface. Can see this match going to lengths with at least two very close sets. Tsonga (-5.5 games) to beat Troicki. 2.79 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Definitely opposing Troicki again. Basically a lot of the same reasoning as I had in the pick versus Andujar. Unfortunately the Spaniard was just not good enough to trouble Troicki. I don't think the Serbian has turned the tide or is catching on any form whatsoever. He lost 35% of his second serves and gave away 11 breakpoints in which he got broken three times. The 6-2 6-3 win looks impressive but I think it's a flattered win. In the current situation Tsonga is definitely capable of punishing Troicki for every short ball or bad shot selection he makes. Troicki won't be able to dictate points and should be pushed in the defence on a constant basis throughout the match, leading to more unforced errors from this mental nutcase. Odds are way too high on this one and represents pure value. Youzhny to beat Lu. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (7/10) In no case should Lu be a favourite against Youzhny. The Russian hasn't been playing quite well recently after retiring from Rotterdam, but has had enough time to prepare for this tournament. Lu has absolutely no weapons to beat Youzhny and will only if he can frustrate the Russian into making a lot of mistakes with his excellent court coverage. However I think Youzhny has too much firepower for Lu too handle especially in the backhand area. A sign of his return could be the upset he and Mirnyi had, winning yesterday in doubles against the Bryan brothers. Their last encounter went 6-1 6-0 to Youzhny, but because of his patchy form after his injury, this could become a close encounter. Nevertheless I simply can't see the Russian losing this one.

Re: March 18 - March 31

Scratchy day yesterday left me a little out of pocket. Think today is harder, but will give a couple a shot. - Over 21.5 games between Grega Zemlja and Florian Mayer @ 1.94 with sbobet Not a fan of either player right now. Zemlja has just come back from injury and was in trouble with Bautista-Agut before his injury. Mayer, however, has had a rotten 2013 and hasn't been able to impose his rather unorthodox style on his opponents. Both men will be motivated though and Zemlja is perhaps a little better than his ranking suggests, with a powerful game and good movement. I think it'll be fairly close and I expected the game line to be a bit higher, maybe 22.5. Worth a shot. 5pts - Novak Djokovic -7 games AH v Lukas Rosol @ 2.04 with sbobet Big, big gap between these players. It'll take a Nadal-esque performance from Rosol to do a great deal of damage here and I can't see that happening. Since that win at Wimbledon over the Spaniard, he's actually been pretty poor. He defeated Muller in R1, but coughed up plenty of chances on serve that a better rallier would take. Djokovic, evidently, is one of the best in the business and I'm expecting him to be a man on a mission after his defeat to Del Potro last week. Night conditions mean the court is slower too, so it seems like a perfect storm for me against Rosol. 6-3, 6-2 is the least I'd expect in terms of a scoreline, and with the odds above 2.00, it merits a play from me. 4pts - Janko Tipsarevic -3.5 games v Dudi Sela @ 1.85 with sbobet This is either going to look inspired or very silly. Yes, Tipsy has been out of form for weeks now - nay, in fact months - but he will bounce back, and I feel this is sort of match to suit him. Low expectation, slow conditions so he can get his timing back a bit and against a player who, in all honesty, very rarely troubles the big boys. That's why he's ranked so low. Sela can be crafty and gutsy, but he is also a few levels beneath someone like Janko. The Serb has had ten days off to get back fit again and if he has done, this line will look very silly, as he'll cover it. 4pts :hope
Zemlja d. Mayer 6-3, 7-6 WIN Djokovic d. Rosol 6-1, 6-0 WIN Tipsarevic d. Sela 6-2, 6-4 WIN +12.26pts for yesterday. Very pleased with that outcome. Good to see the tennis threads vibrant once again. Keep posting chaps :ok

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Nicolas Almagro (-6 games) to beat Guido Pella. 2,70 @ pinnacle (6/10) Young Argentinian Pella should lose this game quite clear. Almagro is simply the better player, more experienced, and Pella should have no weapons against him, especially on hard court. Pella lost againt Dodig at Indian Wells 1:6 2:6. Almagro has beaten Pella just a few weeks ago in Buenos Aires on clay court 3:6 2:6. In my mind, these odds seem to be pure value. Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Yen-Hsun Lu. 2,02 @ pinnacle (6/10) I agree to you all. Better player, and even with self-confidence now due to the miracle win with Mirnyi against Bryan/Bryan. Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Martin Klizan. 1,60 @ marathonbet (9/10) Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Martin Klizan in straight sets. 2,40 @ pinnacle (5/10) Klizan is a clay courter with no win on hard court in this year. Last week he lost against Lu. Nieminen is in good shape, has beaten Nalbandian, and is in total the better player. I simply don´t see Klizan winning here. Nieminen is always able to crush weeker opponents, that´s why I am betting on straight sets victory, too. Santiago Giraldo vs. Marin Cilic over 20,5 games. 2,16 @ marathonbet (6/10) Odds seem too high here for this low line. Of course, Cilic is the favorite here, but Giraldo is a solid player that can cause Cilic problems, especially at this slow court in long reallys. Cilic himself - I simply don´t like his style of play - hasn´t that good returns to break Giraldo more than a few times. With one set going to tie-break, this bet should be won.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Quite a few bets for today: - Thomaz Bellucci +3 games AH v Jerzy Janowicz @ 1.93 with sbobet I think Janowicz could be a bit vulnerable here. Slow court against a player who has beaten him before. Bellucci will cause the Pole problems because of the lefty effect and the fact he'll pick on Janowicz's backhand - his weakest wing. Bellucci had a scratchy first set against Brands in R1, but after that he rallied very well and won quite impressively, not losing his serve. I'm quite happy to take him with a three-game start here. 3pts - Over 21.5 games between Sam Querrey and Lukasz Kubot @ 1.88 with sbobet Querrey is overrated by the bookies in this one. He's not been playing good tennis in America this season. He's not serving well and coughs up a lot of errors. I feel his game is a bit wooden at the moment. Kubot is another relatively unstable player, but he likes these slower surfaces and will look to pressure Querrey with his aggressive net play. They played in Australia two years ago and Kubot won in five sets. The Pole has a high overs rate and does do long matches. Value line here. 4pts - Over 22.5 games between Philipp Kohlschreiber and David Goffin @ 2.01 with sbobet Kohlschreiber is still coming back from injury and that's why he was mauled by Paire in Indian Wells. He should be fresher here. His injury came at the wrong time, as he was playing very well at the time. Goffin hasn't kicked on from his breakthrough last year, but the German's lack of match practice evens it out a lot here. Both men can struggle on serve and I can see it being quite a protracted encounter. 3pts - Aljaz Bedene +4 games AH v Andreas Seppi @ 2.00 with sbobet I always think Seppi is worth going against on a plus. There is no doubt he's in the form of his career, but his second serve is so attackable and that gives guys like Bedene a chance. For those of you who don't know the young Slovenian, he's an improving player who can serve big and is quite gutsy. He's hungry too and recorded a nice win over Becker in R1. Certainly these conditions should suit him and he's got a decent shot at worrying Seppi. 4pts - Under 20 games AH between Nicolas Almagro and Guido Pella @ 1.85 with sbobet Pella is only here because Berlocq retired. I have little doubt that Carlos would have beaten him had he not retired. There is too much of a quality gap here. Pella has very rarely come up against someone of Nico's ability and on the one occasion he did, Almagro won 6-3, 6-2 on clay a few weeks ago. A break in each set would probably suffice in this match. Almagro's probably in the best shape of his career and should get the job done comfortably. 4pts - Santiago Giraldo +4.5 games v Marin Cilic @ 1.98 with sbobet This is a slightly riskier bet because Cilic has beaten the Colombian comfortably in their last two meetings, but they came when Cilic was a far better player than he is right now. Giraldo will love these conditions and he overcame a potential banana skin against Williams in the last round. Giraldo likes a hard court, but one which gives him time to line up his shots, and this should certainly play to his strengths. Much tougher test than the young American, but Cilic is known to be slow starter in events and Giraldo might catch him cold in this one. 3pts - Over 22.5 games between Fernando Verdasco and Alejandro Falla @ 2.00 with sbobet This is a strange choice as a night match for me, but one which could galvanise both men. I expect playing under the lights might spur them on. Verdasco isn't in great form, but Miami's courts should suit his game perfectly. Falla will grind and battle away, as is his norm. Their only meeting went the distance and a similar match would not surprise me here. 4pts :hope

Re: March 18 - March 31 Kvitova vs Flipkens over 20.5 games @Pinnacle 2.06 (5/10) Kvitova never plays her top game on US hard courts, this is her long recognised feature. The cause is the hot and humid conditions and relatively slow courts. In IW, she started slow struggling against Govortsova and Tsurenko, then she saved forces in a strange match with her compatriot Zakopalova before she ultimately lost in QF with Maria Kirilenko in a tough three setter played on one of the hottest days in IW. In Miami, she started slow again, losing the first set vs Peng, before she managed to regroup and win the next two sets convincingly 6-2 6-2. With Kirsten Flipkens, I expect something similar. H2H is 1-1, and the match Petra has won indoors in her best season 2011 during Bel-CZE Fed Cup went over this line, too. On the other hand, I doubt Kirsten is going to steamroll Petra in two straight sets - something like this happened only twice this year - when Petra lost to Mladenovic in Paris (she underestimated unknown Mladenovic) and to Cibulkova in Sydney (was in really bad form there). Flipkens is no pushover, she took a set off Azarenka in IW, and therefore I expect tigh battle with Kirsten stealing a set.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Hello Guys! What do you think about this bet? Back the Harrison brothers +1,5 sets to beat Dimitrov/Nielsen 1,7 @ SBObet I don't know why Christian Harrison pulled out in the singles but the Harrison bros played great tennis at the US Open beating Fyrstenberg/Matkowski, Erlich/Ram and Fleming/Hutchins pairs. I think with the crowd's backing they should grab at least one set against the Dimitrov / Nielsen pair.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Martin Kilzan to beat Jarrko Nieminen @ 6/4 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Fancy Klizan to get his season finally up and running here. He had a tough loss against Lu last week but at least it showed he's pretty fit and and in decent nick. If he is in good shape I think Klizan has too much for Nieminen from the back of the court, especially on these slower courts. He can spar all day and I think he'll eventually overwhelm the Finn who these days struggles to really string together good performances. He was on the cusp of a first round exit against Nalbandian in the first round, getting outplayed, and then he rallied to sneak through in three. Good result but with Fat Dave in the twilight of his career you have to wonder how much of it was him physically and mentally flagging rather than the Finn playing great tennis. I don't think Klizen will be quite as charitable and I as I said, Nieminen just struggles to maintain intensity these days so a repeat of that stoic resistance is unlikely. :hope

Re: March 18 - March 31 For tomorrow: Back Kamke to beat Melzer: 2,67 @ Unibet Melzer started to regain his form after a big slump but he played against low quality players and a lot of his matches went to 3 sets. Tobias Kamke on the other hand beat Del Potro in 2 sets in the last round, and that's enough for me to back Kamke with this price. Seriously I don't get these odds. Back Djokovic -6,5 games to beat Dev Varman: 1,65 @ MarathonBet They are not of the same quality. I think Nole will hold his serves easily, while breaking Dev Varman 4 times is expected by the world no.1 Thumbs up for Atko, nice picks today :clap

Re: March 18 - March 31 fernando verdasco - alejandro falla BACK FERNANDO VERDASCO @ 1,8x BET365 He has practiced in training with several Tour players, as Giraldo, Berankis, Feliciano, Almagro, etc. and has also trained on his own, with his coach. He has not come here to walk, by demonstrating both intensive training and want to improve their image after Indian Wells. The Colombian is going through, like Fer, one of the worst moments of his career in terms of play and results. It is fatal to serve and committing blunders in its strength, from the bottom track. His left foot just is not intimidating and has no consistency from the baseline. Win in first round as a sparring Soeda says nothing. I think Verdasco is a far superior player if plugged and preparing it proves me. GL

For tomorrow: Back Kamke to beat Melzer: 2,67 @ Unibet Melzer started to regain his form after a big slump but he played against low quality players and a lot of his matches went to 3 sets. Tobias Kamke on the other hand beat Del Potro in 2 sets in the last round, and that's enough for me to back Kamke with this price. Seriously I don't get these odds. Back Djokovic -6,5 games to beat Dev Varman: 1,65 @ MarathonBet They are not of the same quality. I think Nole will hold his serves easily, while breaking Dev Varman 4 times is expected by the world no.1 Thumbs up for Atko, nice picks today :clap
Just thought I should point something out on Kamke before you put all your eggs in his basket(lol). Del Potro's loss had more to do with complete fatigue than any credit being awarded to Kamke. Taking that victory away from him leaves him bare and suspect. He could still win though!!

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Fabio Fognini to beat David Ferrer for a 1/10 stake at 9.60 with Pinnacle I really can't see much today betting-wise, but this price has caught my eye straight away. There is no doubt that Ferrer should win this match, but he hasn't been that great in recent times and Fognini can be extremely dangerous when on song, so this seems like a fairly ridiculous price to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fognini-vs-ferrer-betting-the-spaniard-might-struggle-at-the-start-of-his-miami-campaign-20130324 Back Carla Suarez-Navarro to beat Roberta Vinci for a 1/10 stake at 2.37 with Ladbrokes Carla Suarez-Navarro leads the H2H record 3-0, so I would say that she is worth a punt at these odds. Roberta Vinci is probably the better player of the two overall, but match-up problems rarely go away and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing Suarez-Navarro taking the H2H record between the two to 4-0 today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/suarez-navarro-vs-vinci-betting-carla-suarez-navarro-to-defeat-roberta-vinci-in-miami-20130324

Quite a few bets for today: - Thomaz Bellucci +3 games AH v Jerzy Janowicz @ 1.93 with sbobet I think Janowicz could be a bit vulnerable here. Slow court against a player who has beaten him before. Bellucci will cause the Pole problems because of the lefty effect and the fact he'll pick on Janowicz's backhand - his weakest wing. Bellucci had a scratchy first set against Brands in R1, but after that he rallied very well and won quite impressively, not losing his serve. I'm quite happy to take him with a three-game start here. 3pts - Over 21.5 games between Sam Querrey and Lukasz Kubot @ 1.88 with sbobet Querrey is overrated by the bookies in this one. He's not been playing good tennis in America this season. He's not serving well and coughs up a lot of errors. I feel his game is a bit wooden at the moment. Kubot is another relatively unstable player, but he likes these slower surfaces and will look to pressure Querrey with his aggressive net play. They played in Australia two years ago and Kubot won in five sets. The Pole has a high overs rate and does do long matches. Value line here. 4pts - Over 22.5 games between Philipp Kohlschreiber and David Goffin @ 2.01 with sbobet Kohlschreiber is still coming back from injury and that's why he was mauled by Paire in Indian Wells. He should be fresher here. His injury came at the wrong time, as he was playing very well at the time. Goffin hasn't kicked on from his breakthrough last year, but the German's lack of match practice evens it out a lot here. Both men can struggle on serve and I can see it being quite a protracted encounter. 3pts - Aljaz Bedene +4 games AH v Andreas Seppi @ 2.00 with sbobet I always think Seppi is worth going against on a plus. There is no doubt he's in the form of his career, but his second serve is so attackable and that gives guys like Bedene a chance. For those of you who don't know the young Slovenian, he's an improving player who can serve big and is quite gutsy. He's hungry too and recorded a nice win over Becker in R1. Certainly these conditions should suit him and he's got a decent shot at worrying Seppi. 4pts - Under 20 games AH between Nicolas Almagro and Guido Pella @ 1.85 with sbobet Pella is only here because Berlocq retired. I have little doubt that Carlos would have beaten him had he not retired. There is too much of a quality gap here. Pella has very rarely come up against someone of Nico's ability and on the one occasion he did, Almagro won 6-3, 6-2 on clay a few weeks ago. A break in each set would probably suffice in this match. Almagro's probably in the best shape of his career and should get the job done comfortably. 4pts - Santiago Giraldo +4.5 games v Marin Cilic @ 1.98 with sbobet This is a slightly riskier bet because Cilic has beaten the Colombian comfortably in their last two meetings, but they came when Cilic was a far better player than he is right now. Giraldo will love these conditions and he overcame a potential banana skin against Williams in the last round. Giraldo likes a hard court, but one which gives him time to line up his shots, and this should certainly play to his strengths. Much tougher test than the young American, but Cilic is known to be slow starter in events and Giraldo might catch him cold in this one. 3pts - Over 22.5 games between Fernando Verdasco and Alejandro Falla @ 2.00 with sbobet This is a strange choice as a night match for me, but one which could galvanise both men. I expect playing under the lights might spur them on. Verdasco isn't in great form, but Miami's courts should suit his game perfectly. Falla will grind and battle away, as is his norm. Their only meeting went the distance and a similar match would not surprise me here. 4pts :hope
Bellucci d. Janowicz 7-6, 3-6. 6-3 WIN Querrey d. Kubot 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 WIN Goffin d. Kohlschreiber 7-6, 4-6, 6-2 WIN Seppi d. Bedene 7-5, 5-7, 7-5 WIN Almagro d. Pella 6-0, 6-3 WIN Cilic d. Giraldo 6-2, 7-6 LOSS Falla d. Verdasco 6-3, 7-6 LOSS +9.74pts for this lot. Another decent day, not just from me but by the rest of the thread :ok +19.25pts for Miami in total.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Kerber - Cirstea over 20.5 games @1.943 Pinnacle (4/10) Kerber never plays too well in Miami. 2nd round was her maximum so far. Now she is in round 3, and facing Sorana Cirstea. Kerber struggled in here pevious match against Cesca Shiavonne, who is not the greatest player on hard. Sorana and Angelique met last year in Hobart, and Angelique has won 60 36 75. Sorana is no pushover, and I think that 20.5 games is far too low for this match. Zakopalova to bt Kirilenko @3.44 Pinnacle (2/10) I understand why Kirilenko is the fav here, but... Zako is streaky player and apparently in good form here in US. H2H is 3-2 for MaKiri, but Zako won last two matches. And Makiri played too much tennis lately, she retired 5 weeks ago in Doha, and she had a medical timeout last week in IW, so I think the odds are worth small punt.

Back Nicolas Almagro (-6 games) to beat Guido Pella. 2,70 @ pinnacle (6/10) Young Argentinian Pella should lose this game quite clear. Almagro is simply the better player, more experienced, and Pella should have no weapons against him, especially on hard court. Pella lost againt Dodig at Indian Wells 1:6 2:6. Almagro has beaten Pella just a few weeks ago in Buenos Aires on clay court 3:6 2:6. In my mind, these odds seem to be pure value. Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Yen-Hsun Lu. 2,02 @ pinnacle (6/10) I agree to you all. Better player, and even with self-confidence now due to the miracle win with Mirnyi against Bryan/Bryan. Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Martin Klizan. 1,60 @ marathonbet (9/10) Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Martin Klizan in straight sets. 2,40 @ pinnacle (5/10) Klizan is a clay courter with no win on hard court in this year. Last week he lost against Lu. Nieminen is in good shape, has beaten Nalbandian, and is in total the better player. I simply don´t see Klizan winning here. Nieminen is always able to crush weeker opponents, that´s why I am betting on straight sets victory, too. Santiago Giraldo vs. Marin Cilic over 20,5 games. 2,16 @ marathonbet (6/10) Odds seem too high here for this low line. Of course, Cilic is the favorite here, but Giraldo is a solid player that can cause Cilic problems, especially at this slow court in long reallys. Cilic himself - I simply don´t like his style of play - hasn´t that good returns to break Giraldo more than a few times. With one set going to tie-break, this bet should be won.
Almagro d. Pella 6-0 6-3 Youzhny d. Lu 6-3 1-6 6-0 Nieminen d. Klizan 6-2 6-2 Cilic d. Giraldo 6-2 7-6 (21 games) :) Yet still a decent start to Miami despite the losses of day 1 :)

Just thought I should point something out on Kamke before you put all your eggs in his basket(lol). Del Potro's loss had more to do with complete fatigue than any credit being awarded to Kamke. Taking that victory away from him leaves him bare and suspect. He could still win though!!
Thanks! I saw the highlights of the match and it seemed he played very well hitting winners, and not relying on unforced errors from Delpo. So I still think Kamke will take this :D

Re: March 18 - March 31 Four bets for me today: - Xavier Malisse +4.5 games v Kei Nishikori @ 1.99 with sbobet I'm not totally convinced by Nishikori at the moment. He had a worrying loss to Berlocq in Indian Wells last week and dropped his serve a couple of times against Hanescu in R2. Malisse has battled his way back into some sort of form. He was ropey against Ram, but I was quite impressed with how he defeated Chardy in straights. The issue with the Belgian is that he's very moody and if he gets irritated or narked, then he loses focus; however, he appears in decent nick right now and could give the Japanese a run for his money. 3pts - Alexandr Dolgopolov to beat Tommy Haas @ 2.09 with sbobet This should be a good match to watch. Dolgo had been in doldrums, but his win over Davydenko is a nice bit of form. He often struggles with the Russian, so to defeat him so emphatically is quite a statement. Miami conditions should suit him, as he likes slower surfaces. Haas almost mucked it up against Sijsling in R2 and although his recent form stacks up well, I do wonder if the amount of tennis he's played recently might start to count against him. He is 34, after all. Dolgopolov defeated him in Winston Salem last year and for me, has a good chance to do it again. 3pts - Under 19.5 games between David Ferrer and Fabio Fognini @ 1.87 with sbobet I like backing Ferrer after a horror result for him, and his loss to Anderson in Indian Wells will have gnawed at him for quite some time. The fact he's had to wait nearly two weeks to get back on court to right that wrong will irritate him no end. That break will have freshened him up too and I expect him to be far too strong for Fognini. The Italian has lost to Ferrer twice already this term - one match did go into a third set - and I suspect he'll mentally break down in Ferrer gets the edge on him again. The Fog is in decent nick at the moment, but my feeling is he may be overpowered by a motivated Ferrer, who is nigh on impossible to break down when in the mood. 3pts - Grega Zemlja +4.5 games v Gilles Simon @ 2.04 with sbobet Simon's form worries me at the moment. He's had a very inauspicious run on the American hard courts recently and has had issues on serve. He almost always broken at least twice a match and that makes me think that the plus on Zemlja is a little bit too high here. The Slovenian is working his way back from injury and played a very decent match against Flo Mayer in the last round. He's got all the tools to stay competitive in this match and I'd be disappointed if he didn't push the Frenchman fairly close here. 3pts :hope

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Novak Djokovic (-8 games) to beat Somdev Devvarman. 3,00 @ pinnacle (4/10) I can see another bagel from Nole here. Devvarman is a grinder, fast on his feet, fights for every single ball, but has no special shots oder something that can hurt Nole. And Nole plays the same kind of tennis, but of course a lot of times better. Should be 6-2 6-1 or something like that. Back Carla Suarez Navarro to beat Roberta Vinci. 2,37 @ pinnacle (5/10) I don´t get why Vinci is favorite here. Maybe Vinci is the better player on hard court, but the Miami surface is very slow and will suit Suarez Navarro. There is not so much difference between these players. Suarez Navarro is in quite a good shape, has beaten Hampton after she had almost lost, went into the final of Acapulco losing to Errani, and in Indian Wells lost to Sharapova, but played some good tennis (5-7 3-6). Vinci has beaten McHale in the first round here and needed three sets. In Indian Wells she lost to Arruabarrena, in Acapulco to Errani as well. Should be pretty even, so these odds seem to be value. Back Sorana Cirstea to beat Angelique Kerber. 3,97 @ pinnacle (2/10) Sorana Cirstea vs Angelique Kerber over 20,5 games. 1,96 @ marathonbet (4/10) In my eyes, this is worth a shot. Both players love the faster surfaces, but Kerber even more, she has a poor record on clay. Both play attacking tennis, and the court in Miami will suit nobody I think. Cirstea with quite a good results in last time, losing only to the likes of A. Radwanska in three sets, Errani, Wozniacki and Kirilenko. She is definitely no push over. Kerber on the other hand should be the better player, had a little down in Febuary losing to Vinci and Barthel, but came back at Indian Wells. In the first round she struggled against Schiavone, but won in three sets. Kerber is the favorite, but not with that odds. The over line seems quite to low for this match up. Back Sara Errani (-5,5 games) to beat Simona Halep. 1,97 @ pinnacle (5/10). To make it short: Errani is the better player, makes nearly no mistakes, the slow court suit her. The result against Hantuchova was impressive. Halep had to fight over three sets against Paszek, who was a bit out of shape. Errani is very consistent, much more than Halep. 6-3 6-3 should be possible. Back Kevin Anderson (-2,5 games) to beat Janko Tipsarevic. 2,05 @ marathonbet (4/10). I am not convinced that Tipsarevic is back, so I´m opposing him. Sela should have been a pushover and no strong opponent. Anderson is in good shape, losing at Indian Wells quarterfinals to Berdych. His game against Zeballos was clearer than the result might say, Anderson misses a lot of break points in second set. The only time these players met, Anderson won 6-3 7-5 in Atlanta. Anderson is the favorite in my eyes, and when he wins, I think he will cover this line. Back Albert Ramos to beat James Blake. 2,66 @ marathonbet (4/10) Grinder vs. pusher on a slow hard court. Should be pretty even. Both players with some decent results in last time, Blake winning against Harrison and out-of-shape-Benneteau here, losing to Tsonga at Indian Wells 6-7 4-6. Ramos has beaten out-of-shape-Monaco here, and the even more grinder Hajek, Zeballos at Indian Wells, where he lost to Cilic. Ramos´ spin balls could cause trouble against Blakes one-handed backhand. Odds too high in my eyes. Llodra/Paes vs. Dimitrov/Nielsen over 20,5 games. 1,94 @ marathonbet (5/10). This line seems to low for me. Here are playing two decent doubles with Llodra/Paes being favourites. If it comes to a match-ti-break, this match ti-break counts as one more single game. So with 6-4 4-6 X:X oder nearly every result that involves a 7, this line is covered. Back Fabio Fognini (+1,5 sets) to beat David Ferrer. 3,59 @ pinnacle (2/10). Ferrer is big favorite, no question. But Fognini is able to win sets even against the big boys, when he gets a run. In Acapulco he already won a set against Ferrer on clay court, and in Indian wells Fognini even forced Djokovic to play three sets. Because Ferrer is a bit struggling these days, I hope Fognini will get this game in three sets, too. I am also considering to back Malisse against Nishikori, Dolgopolov against Haas and Kamke against Melzer. Hope you can help me out there.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Sara Errani to beat Ana Ivanovic. 1,74 @ pinnacle (10/10) thanks for being so gracious to me. These odds are weird in my eyes, as errani should be the clear favorite here. She is not only in great shape (so seems to be Ivanovic), but she also has this grinder Play that hurts Ana so much on these quite slow conditions. This is to be about 1,4, not 1,74.

Kerber - Cirstea over 20.5 games @1.943 Pinnacle (4/10) TOUGH LOSS Zakopalova to bt Kirilenko @3.44 Pinnacle (2/10) GOOD WIN
fkking Kerber folded with bagel after having lost the 1st set 4-6. What a shame, what an galactic ineptness! Mixed bag yesterday, but at least no loss (+0.88 u)

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Marin Cilic (-2) to beat John Isner for a 2/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Isner should have lost against Dodig, but fair play to him for hanging in out there and getting the win in the end. However, Marin Cilic, who has a 3-0 record against Isner, is a fair step up in terms of quality and I cannot see the American getting another victory here, especially in these slower conditions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cilic-vs-isner-betting-john-isner-should-be-in-for-yet-another-tough-battle-in-miami-20130325 Back Mikhail Youzhny (+4) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 2/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle Both guys have problems with being consistent, so we should be in for a fairly exciting match with plenty of momentum swings. Gasquet will probably win the match at the end of the day, but the handicap line seems to be a touch high given that the Frenchman has never been the dominant force in this particular rivalry. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-gasquet-betting-the-russian-can-continue-his-comeback-with-a-good-performance-against-gasquet-20130325 Back Jarkko Nieminen (+4) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Well, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga hasn't had a straightforward victory in ages, so going against him on the handicap line seems to be the right choice here. After all, Jarkko Nieminen has never been the easiest of match-ups for the Frenchman and seems to be playing decent tennis in Miami. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nieminen-vs-tsonga-betting-jarkko-nieminen-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-jo-wilfried-tsonga-in-miami-20130325

Back Novak Djokovic (-8 games) to beat Somdev Devvarman. 3' date=00 @ pinnacle (4/10) I can see another bagel from Nole here. Devvarman is a grinder, fast on his feet, fights for every single ball, but has no special shots oder something that can hurt Nole. And Nole plays the same kind of tennis, but of course a lot of times better. Should be 6-2 6-1 or something like that. Back Carla Suarez Navarro to beat Roberta Vinci. 2,37 @ pinnacle (5/10) I don´t get why Vinci is favorite here. Maybe Vinci is the better player on hard court, but the Miami surface is very slow and will suit Suarez Navarro. There is not so much difference between these players. Suarez Navarro is in quite a good shape, has beaten Hampton after she had almost lost, went into the final of Acapulco losing to Errani, and in Indian Wells lost to Sharapova, but played some good tennis (5-7 3-6). Vinci has beaten McHale in the first round here and needed three sets. In Indian Wells she lost to Arruabarrena, in Acapulco to Errani as well. Should be pretty even, so these odds seem to be value. Back Sorana Cirstea to beat Angelique Kerber. 3,97 @ pinnacle (2/10) Sorana Cirstea vs Angelique Kerber over 20,5 games. 1,96 @ marathonbet (4/10) In my eyes, this is worth a shot. Both players love the faster surfaces, but Kerber even more, she has a poor record on clay. Both play attacking tennis, and the court in Miami will suit nobody I think. Cirstea with quite a good results in last time, losing only to the likes of A. Radwanska in three sets, Errani, Wozniacki and Kirilenko. She is definitely no push over. Kerber on the other hand should be the better player, had a little down in Febuary losing to Vinci and Barthel, but came back at Indian Wells. In the first round she struggled against Schiavone, but won in three sets. Kerber is the favorite, but not with that odds. The over line seems quite to low for this match up. Back Sara Errani (-5,5 games) to beat Simona Halep. 1,97 @ pinnacle (5/10). To make it short: Errani is the better player, makes nearly no mistakes, the slow court suit her. The result against Hantuchova was impressive. Halep had to fight over three sets against Paszek, who was a bit out of shape. Errani is very consistent, much more than Halep. 6-3 6-3 should be possible. Back Kevin Anderson (-2,5 games) to beat Janko Tipsarevic. 2,05 @ marathonbet (4/10). I am not convinced that Tipsarevic is back, so I´m opposing him. Sela should have been a pushover and no strong opponent. Anderson is in good shape, losing at Indian Wells quarterfinals to Berdych. His game against Zeballos was clearer than the result might say, Anderson misses a lot of break points in second set. The only time these players met, Anderson won 6-3 7-5 in Atlanta. Anderson is the favorite in my eyes, and when he wins, I think he will cover this line. Back Albert Ramos to beat James Blake. 2,66 @ marathonbet (4/10) Grinder vs. pusher on a slow hard court. Should be pretty even. Both players with some decent results in last time, Blake winning against Harrison and out-of-shape-Benneteau here, losing to Tsonga at Indian Wells 6-7 4-6. Ramos has beaten out-of-shape-Monaco here, and the even more grinder Hajek, Zeballos at Indian Wells, where he lost to Cilic. Ramos´ spin balls could cause trouble against Blakes one-handed backhand. Odds too high in my eyes. Llodra/Paes vs. Dimitrov/Nielsen over 20,5 games. 1,94 @ marathonbet (5/10). This line seems to low for me. Here are playing two decent doubles with Llodra/Paes being favourites. If it comes to a match-ti-break, this match ti-break counts as one more single game. So with 6-4 4-6 X:X oder nearly every result that involves a 7, this line is covered. Back Fabio Fognini (+1,5 sets) to beat David Ferrer. 3,59 @ pinnacle (2/10). Ferrer is big favorite, no question. But Fognini is able to win sets even against the big boys, when he gets a run. In Acapulco he already won a set against Ferrer on clay court, and in Indian wells Fognini even forced Djokovic to play three sets. Because Ferrer is a bit struggling these days, I hope Fognini will get this game in three sets, too. I am also considering to back Malisse against Nishikori, Dolgopolov against Haas and Kamke against Melzer. Hope you can help me out there.
Djokovic d. Devvarman 6-2 6-4 Vinci d. Suarez Navarro 5-7 6-4 6-4 Cirstea d. Kerber 6-4 6-0 Errani d. Halep 6-1 6-0 Tipsarevic d. Anderson 4-6 7-6 6-0 Ramos d. Blake 6-4 2-6 7-5 Dimitrov/Nielsen d. Llodra/Paes 7-6 7-6 Ferrer d. Fognini 6-1 7-5 Little Plus at the end of the day (+3,23). I´m not really pleased, but it´s okay.

Four bets for me today: - Xavier Malisse +4.5 games v Kei Nishikori @ 1.99 with sbobet I'm not totally convinced by Nishikori at the moment. He had a worrying loss to Berlocq in Indian Wells last week and dropped his serve a couple of times against Hanescu in R2. Malisse has battled his way back into some sort of form. He was ropey against Ram, but I was quite impressed with how he defeated Chardy in straights. The issue with the Belgian is that he's very moody and if he gets irritated or narked, then he loses focus; however, he appears in decent nick right now and could give the Japanese a run for his money. 3pts - Alexandr Dolgopolov to beat Tommy Haas @ 2.09 with sbobet This should be a good match to watch. Dolgo had been in doldrums, but his win over Davydenko is a nice bit of form. He often struggles with the Russian, so to defeat him so emphatically is quite a statement. Miami conditions should suit him, as he likes slower surfaces. Haas almost mucked it up against Sijsling in R2 and although his recent form stacks up well, I do wonder if the amount of tennis he's played recently might start to count against him. He is 34, after all. Dolgopolov defeated him in Winston Salem last year and for me, has a good chance to do it again. 3pts - Under 19.5 games between David Ferrer and Fabio Fognini @ 1.87 with sbobet I like backing Ferrer after a horror result for him, and his loss to Anderson in Indian Wells will have gnawed at him for quite some time. The fact he's had to wait nearly two weeks to get back on court to right that wrong will irritate him no end. That break will have freshened him up too and I expect him to be far too strong for Fognini. The Italian has lost to Ferrer twice already this term - one match did go into a third set - and I suspect he'll mentally break down in Ferrer gets the edge on him again. The Fog is in decent nick at the moment, but my feeling is he may be overpowered by a motivated Ferrer, who is nigh on impossible to break down when in the mood. 3pts - Grega Zemlja +4.5 games v Gilles Simon @ 2.04 with sbobet Simon's form worries me at the moment. He's had a very inauspicious run on the American hard courts recently and has had issues on serve. He almost always broken at least twice a match and that makes me think that the plus on Zemlja is a little bit too high here. The Slovenian is working his way back from injury and played a very decent match against Flo Mayer in the last round. He's got all the tools to stay competitive in this match and I'd be disappointed if he didn't push the Frenchman fairly close here. 3pts :hope
Nishikori d. Malisse 6-2 7-5 LOSS Haas d. Dolgopolov 6-3 6-2 LOSS Ferrer d. Fognini 6-1 7-5 WIN Simon d. Zemlja 6-4 6-4 WIN -0.07pts for yesterday's 2/4. I'll live with that. Still well ahead for the week. Well done to all winners :ok

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Aurelien Pinet to beat Gonzalo Lama. 7,00 @ bet365 (5/10). This is a qualification game of Le Gosier/FRA challenger. Aurelien Pinet is Frenchman, 30 years old, who never played pro level tennis, just a few future tournaments between 2000 and 2002. But in the last qualification round, Pinet has beaten Lucas Renard from Sweden, who is ranked 672. No special player, but someone who did beat the like of Fabrice Martin on hard court last year. So Renard should be able to play some tennis. Gonzalo Lama is a young player from Chile, 19 years old, ranked 568. He plays only on clay court and has already beaten someone like Pashanski in Santiago challenger. Last qualification round, he struggeled against young Tristan Mereut, 17 years old, who isn´t ranked at all. Lama needed three sets to beat him, 6-2 4-6 6-3. So, I don´t know any of these players, but odds around 7,00 seem crazy to me. Pinet can hardly be worse than Mereut, and even against Mereut did Lama struggle, Lama, who plays his first tournament on hard court and outside South America. Worth a shot in my eyes.

Back Aurelien Pinet to beat Gonzalo Lama. 7' date=00 @ bet365 (5/10). This is a qualification game of Le Gosier/FRA challenger. Aurelien Pinet is Frenchman, 30 years old, who never played pro level tennis, just a few future tournaments between 2000 and 2002. But in the last qualification round, Pinet has beaten Lucas Renard from Sweden, who is ranked 672. No special player, but someone who did beat the like of Fabrice Martin on hard court last year. So Renard should be able to play some tennis. Gonzalo Lama is a young player from Chile, 19 years old, ranked 568. He plays only on clay court and has already beaten someone like Pashanski in Santiago challenger. Last qualification round, he struggeled against young Tristan Mereut, 17 years old, who isn´t ranked at all. Lama needed three sets to beat him, 6-2 4-6 6-3. So, I don´t know any of these players, but odds around 7,00 seem crazy to me. Pinet can hardly be worse than Mereut, and even against Mereut did Lama struggle, Lama, who plays his first tournament on hard court and outside South America. Worth a shot in my eyes.
Back Aurelien Pinet to beat Gonzalo Lama. 7,00 @ bet365 (5/10). Odds have already dropped to 6,00. So react quickly if you want. Sorry, I can´t edit posts.