** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February It's a bit early but 1st team playing against the last team is always interesting. It may sound like silly reasoning but it is quite often when a team on the last place beats the team on the first place. Will definitely palcing a bet on QPR, and the price have already started to drop and 7.00 is the most you can get at the moment.

United won't lose this one. 60% for a draw and 40% for a United win.
Why mate :) we need some reasoning otherwise your post is of little use :ok Tbh i agree with Mustafa here in the respect that Rangers can probably get at least a point. United now have a twelve point lead over City, so they can afford to take things a little easier. Rangers have kept things tight, bar the Swansea game, as they've drawn with both Spurs and City recently at Lofthurst Road. I would anticipate a lot will depend on team news, as should United rest a few players (like Rooney and Van persie) it will demonstrate their seriousness. Also they're still in the FA Cup and CL, which requires a lot of squad play, which means the likelihood of them swapping a few players around is pretty high IMO.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February

Why mate :) we need some reasoning otherwise your post is of little use :ok Tbh i agree with Mustafa here in the respect that Rangers can probably get at least a point. United now have a twelve point lead over City, so they can afford to take things a little easier. Rangers have kept things tight, bar the Swansea game, as they've drawn with both Spurs and City recently at Lofthurst Road. I would anticipate a lot will depend on team news, as should United rest a few players (like Rooney and Van persie) it will demonstrate their seriousness. Also they're still in the FA Cup and CL, which requires a lot of squad play, which means the likelihood of them swapping a few players around is pretty high IMO.
Just to add a little bitş QPR drew with Spurs, Man.City, Chelsea and Everton, all teams are in top 6. The one thing I like about Premier League is that even teams in the relegation zone have some decent players that can beat a team that is fighting for a title. They have players like Julio Cesar, Bobby Zamora, Loic Remy, Park Ji Sung all with decent enough experience to cause the Red Devils some problems.

"United now have a twelve point lead over City, so they can afford to take things a little easier." Remembering what happened last season, I really don't like this sentence. I know 12 points it's a big gap but I don't think SAF will rest players for this one. I mean, why would he??? If he wants to rest players he can do it on Monday, against Reading in the FA Cup. QPR are just a team that you cannot trust at the moment. QPR v Norwich -Goal attempts (10/11) - shots on goal (4/8) QPR v Man City - Goal attempts (3/12) - shots on goal (1/5) QPR v Tottenham - Goal attempts (3/15) - shots on goal (2/8) Is this a team that can be trusted ??? Three home draws (0-0) against City, Tottenham and Norwich shows that their defence is improving but United have much better attacking force than these. The result in the Champions League at the Bernabeu was fantastic and we should have scored at least two more goals. De Gea made some fantastic saves as well. All this gives us confidence. I am not saying that it is gonna be easy but we are in-form now so 60% for a draw and 40% for a United win.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February It's a tough call is this match. The 12 point gap will bring a different mentality than if they were in a tight race imo, but are QPR good enough to take advantage if that happens? At the prices, I'd want to be on the side of QPR because they have much more motivation to get a result here and the price on Man U is average at best.

Is this a team that can be trusted ??? Three home draws (0-0) against City, Tottenham and Norwich shows that their defence is improving but United have much better attacking force than these. The result in the Champions League at the Bernabeu was fantastic and we should have scored at least two more goals. De Gea made some fantastic saves as well. All this gives us confidence. I am not saying that it is gonna be easy but we are in-form now so 60% for a draw and 40% for a United win.
While I don't doubt United have better players, isn't it a question of value here. Right now. I don't agree united have better offensive players than City or Spurs... That's a fairly subjective argument to make, and others will agree / disagree. We could sit here for months discussing who's better, Rooney or Aguero. Van Persie or Bale etc... These are just the situations where there's no real obvious reasons to back against United, of course they're top, playing well, have better players but Rangers do still have players that can hurt this fragile United defence.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February you have to wonder what qpr might be plotting for this match. they were written off big time when they were due to play chelsea and managed to beat them away. they will need the same kind of motivation and fight to have chance of beating man utd. they have the home advantage so i'm looking at this game at draw the most

While I don't doubt United have better players' date=' isn't it a question of value here. Right now. I don't agree united have better offensive players than City or Spurs... That's a fairly subjective argument to make, and others will agree / disagree. We could sit here for months discussing who's better, Rooney or Aguero. Van Persie or Bale etc... These are just the situations where there's no real obvious reasons to back against United, of course they're top, playing well, have better players but Rangers do still have players that can hurt this fragile United defence.[/quote'] I am not sure that they do have the players to hurt United's defence, that is why they are bottom. Also, United have defended absolutely brilliantly in the games of late against Fulham, Everton and Real Madrid. Nothing fragile about United's defence at this moment in time.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February United take it easy!, you are having a laugh here.. I do expect them to make changes, but these players are at the top of their game, and with plenty on offer for the youngsters who are playing, a very very very poor QPR, should be worried. A united win, everything else is pure hoping against the grain.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February Considering QPR's record of unders games at home to the top sides, which we talked about on here in the thread for the game against Man City, I'd say anything over evens is value for unders. Despite QPR's need for wins rather than draws, Redknapp will see a point as a bonus here, and will aim to keep things tight with the hope of maybe nicking a late 1-0 like they did at Chelsea. QPR's pitch is a major factor in this unders trend in my opinion, it is so tight that if the players want to they can create a high chance of a 0-0 draw even against a top side. Another factor is that United have been more solid defensively and are unlikely to concede. Yes, they conceded a sloppy goal to Reading when they lost concentration but generally their defence has been much better in 2013, with some excellent individuals performances. Marathon offer 2.28 with Ladbrokes offering 2.25.

Guess the price on QPR will drop closer to kick off because it is very likely that Sir Alex will rest some key players ahead of the game against Real Madrid
Just a heads up mate, United play Madrid on the 5th of March. Their game before that is against Norwich at Old Trafford, where they will more than likely rest some players. Think we will see a full strength side against QPR. Also considering City have to play Chelsea on Sunday which could be tricky, SAF would want to pile even more pressure before they play.

Just a heads up mate' date=' United play Madrid on the 5th of March. Their game before that is against Norwich at Old Trafford, where they will more than likely rest some players. Think we will see a full strength side against QPR. Also considering City have to play Chelsea on Sunday which could be tricky, SAF would want to pile even more pressure before they play.[/quote'] I realised that after placing this bet. But still "last place beating first place" principle may apply to this game as well.

Some strange logic In this thread. Man U were mentally weak last season in these sort of games and that hasn't been lost on sir Alex given that he's mentioned it more then once. You know he's going to play a full squad and we also know that qpr were smashed by Swansea last outing. Are Manchester United value at $1.50 ? Probably not given that their away games against Norwich , Tottenham , Swansea and Fulham were hardly inspiring but qpr are a very ordinary side who will basically pose no attacking threat and very simply if anyone's interested in backing Qpr they are better off backing unders because they ain't going to score 2 goals.

Rooney is out of this match due to illness.
Even without Rooney MU is much better team so Welbeck or Hernandez will start and both of them are better then any of QPR strikers.I think Utd will win on experience so my prediction will be 0:1

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February Jones out, have not lost with jones in this season, however won more without him...All round they will have too much for QPR, and with Jones only having an outside chance of playing against RM, whoever comes in will be playing their socks off to keep the place.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February Maybe QPR on a positive handicap if Remy plays. Thought City would cut them apart but never realised how tight and frustrating the pitch is. Then there's the motivation factor. Playing to avoid relegation is much stronger than playing to place pressure on City. Man U last 5 away EPL fixtures: [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right] Manchester City[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]2 - 3[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Mon[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]24/12/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Swansea City[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]02/01/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Wigan Athletic[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 4[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Mon[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]21/01/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]03/02/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Fulham[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] So we know Devils only beat Wigan by more than one while winning the other 2 by a single goal and drawing the other 2. And we know QPR can frustrate on home soil. last 3 home games have been 0-0. Man U just want the 3 points. They have no interest in smashing QPR during a busy time of the calendar. Maybe QPR + 1.5 I don't know...wait to see if Remy plays as he will work well with Tarrbet giving QPR a pure finisher to play to. Also players like Fabio and Park Ji Sung want to show something.

Maybe QPR on a positive handicap if Remy plays. Thought City would cut them apart but never realised how tight and frustrating the pitch is. Then there's the motivation factor. Playing to avoid relegation is much stronger than playing to place pressure on City. Man U last 5 away EPL fixtures: [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right] Manchester City[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]2 - 3[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Mon[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]24/12/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Swansea City[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]02/01/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Wigan Athletic[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 4[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition, bgcolor: #FFFFFF] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Mon[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]21/01/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]1 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button]View events[/TD] [TD=class: info-button button]More info[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]03/02/13[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Fulham[/TD] [TD=class: score-time score]0 - 1[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] So we know Devils only beat Wigan by more than one while winning the other 2 by a single goal and drawing the other 2. And we know QPR can frustrate on home soil. last 3 home games have been 0-0. Man U just want the 3 points. They have no interest in smashing QPR during a busy time of the calendar. Maybe QPR + 1.5 I don't know...wait to see if Remy plays as he will work well with Tarrbet giving QPR a pure finisher to play to. Also players like Fabio and Park Ji Sung want to show something.
Fabio isn't allowed to play and Park is far away from his Man United form

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February Queens Park Rangers-Manchester United under 2.75 @1.90 4/10 Pinnacle QPR really need points now to get out of the relegation zone. For this match, coach Redknapp will go for a draw. He will keep it tight at the back as they did recently conceding only 3 goals in their last 6 matches but scoring only 3 as well. Also they have just a scoring of 3:6 in their last 6 home matches. They have already faced Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham at home and all of theses matches finished without a single goal. The reason is that the pitch is the smalles of all in the Premier League and if they want to keep it tight, they'll do so with a high percentage of possibility. But while defending this way, they remain mostly without a single dangerous shot on their opposition's goal.Striker Remy is most likely missing this match as he missed a lof of training being injured and Redknapp will need him more in the upcoming matches against Southampton, Aston Villa and Sunderland. Manchester United come to the Loftus Road with the possibility of extending their lead over Man City to 15 points by winning this clash as Manchester City play only play Sunday. The Red Devils have strengthen their defence in the last couple of weeks and conceded just 3 goals in their last 7 Premier League matches. Rooney misses this match as will Jones as well. United will find it really tough to break the defence of the home side. Vidic is likely to play to reduce the areal threat of Samba. GL

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February Remy wont be playing, we need him fit and wont be risked here I expect we will have 4-5-1 again with only mackie fit enough to play in the front role. I would prefer Bothroyd up there as he has height which helps. WE will need to frustrate Utd and stop them playing. For me Man Utd would be 1.20 in a home match so 1.50 looks decent if you cant see us winning here. I am believer in turning points and this must be ours. I want to win this but it frightens me that Utd have so much fire power. Our midfield is key here

Remy wont be playing, we need him fit and wont be risked here I expect we will have 4-5-1 again with only mackie fit enough to play in the front role. I would prefer Bothroyd up there as he has height which helps. WE will need to frustrate Utd and stop them playing. For me Man Utd would be 1.20 in a home match so 1.50 looks decent if you cant see us winning here. I am believer in turning points and this must be ours. I want to win this but it frightens me that Utd have so much fire power. Our midfield is key here
I wouldn't rule QPR out personally. I think United may have one eye on the Madrid game. I know fergie said he will be trying very hard to win all 3 points, but with City playing Chelsea the weekend, not sure if the players will be 100% focused on the 3 points with such a big lead in the league. QPR is a tricky little place to visit, and we have already seen they can put it up to the big teams, a draw would not surprise me one bit.

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United > Sat 23rd February QPR v Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.12 pinnacle After a 3-0 loss at home to Liverpool, QPR have had three successive 0-0 draws at home against the likes of Norwich, Man City and Tottenham, so Harry will be looking to set up once again to get a point against a top team. Man Utd had a 1-0 win at Fulham, drew 1-1 draw at Tottenham and drew 1-1 at Swansea in 3 of their last 4 away games (to go with a 4-0 win in Wigan) so they have not been dominating teams on the road as they tend to at home. Man Utd will be feeling pretty comfortable with a 12 point lead at the top and in the past, Ferguson has been known to rotate the squad when they have been up against a lower placed side. They have Norwich at home next week followed by the big one with Real Madrid, so with Rooney already out, would not be surprised a few more players are given a rest. Man Utd may edge this, but they will be made to work for this, and given that they have not conceded in their last 2 EPL games, their defence is starting to look more solid, and will be hard for QPR to breach them, given that they have also not scored in their last 4 home games. Like the look of a low scoring game here