** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase Ryanair Chase - China Rock 1pt EW @ 20/1 Boylesports 1/4 Odds 3 places Taking a chance with an outsider for this one. I did think Flemenstar would be extremely tough to beat but it looks as though he isn't going to make the race which opens it right up. I think China Rock is a huge price at 20/1 considering how well he ran in the Lexus. He was returning from a lengthy absence in the race but was travelling better than anything apart from Flemenstar coming to the 3rd last. He took it up at the 3rd last but then the big guns swamped him and he tired quite badly and was beaten 33 lengths in the end. That run will have brought him along nicely and the better ground come festival time will suit him better. He doesn't win that often but is a regular in top graded races and at times has shown glimpses of being just short of being a top class animal. This year will be his 5th visit to the festival. He is yet to win but has finished 4th on 2 occasions and finished well beaten on 2 attempts at the Gold Cup. His better efforts have both come at the Ryanair distance so I feel the drop back in trip will definitely suit. He is a very good traveller and he should give us a good run for our money. Even in last years Gold Cup he tanked along in about 3rd place up until the 4th last when his stamina gave way. I think the Ryanair will be perfect for him as he is a great jumper and likes to race up with the pace. I certainly don't think 20/1 will be available come race time, if he does in fact line up in the race!

Backed First Lieutenant earlier @ 8's before the news about Flemenstar, still available @ 7's with Boylesports as they've been slow to react, don't think that'll be around on the morning! Connections seem to have decided to race here rather than the gold cup and I think that's the right decision, Hennessy form looks to be good behind Bobs Worth and Tidal Bay and 2.4 miles looks to suit, has course form

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase gonna back rubi light at 20/1 before his prep run in ireland this weekend looks like the ground at cheltenham will be at least g/soft hoping though it turns heavy because i think rubi light is the best chaser over 2.5 miles in europe on that ground

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase THE RYANAIR CHASE Class 1, Grade 1, 2m 5f, £275,000 Total Prize Fund. Cheltenham, 2.40pm, Thursday, March 14, 2013. For 5yo+ which are allotted a rating of 130 or more by the BHA Head of Handicapping following a review of the horses entered and after taking account of races run up to and including March 7 - horses which are not qualified for a rating in Great Britain, Ireland or France may also be entered & such horses may be eligible providing the Handicapper is satisfied that the horse’s racecourse performances up to and including March 8 would merit a minimum rating of 130 (the decision of the BHA Head of Handicapping shall be final). Weights: 5yo 11st 9lb; 6yo+ 11st 10lb. Allowances: mares 7lb. Entries closed January 8, entries revealed January 10 (39 entries), scratchings deadline February 12 (27 remain), £13,750 supplementary entry stage and six-day confirmation stage March 8. Final 48-hour declaration stage, 10.00am, March 12. Form figures supplied by Weatherbys and are correct up to and including the racing of Monday, February 11. Form Horse Age Owner Trainer P12/123- ALBERTAS RUN (IRE) 12 Trevor Hemmings Jonjo O'Neill 234-F211 CALL THE POLICE (IRE) 10 DD Racing Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE 3122-242 CHAMPION COURT (IRE) 8 Martin Boothright Martin Keighley 45041-5 CHINA ROCK (IRE) 10 Michael O'Flynn Mouse Morris IRE U212-15 CUE CARD 7 Jean Bishop Colin Tizzard 1/1211-4 FINIAN'S RAINBOW (IRE) 10 Michael Buckley Nicky Henderson 23-4232 FIRST LIEUTENANT (IRE) 8 Gigginstown House Stud Mouse Morris IRE 213-125 FOR NON STOP (IRE) 8 Potensis Limited & Chris Giles Nick Williams 460-133 GHIZAO (GER) 9 The Johnson & Stewart Families Paul Nicholls 1114-P3P GRANDS CRUS (FR) 8 Roger Stanley & Yvonne Reynolds III David Pipe 1/13-1106 HIDDEN CYCLONE (IRE) 8 Mrs A F Mee & David Mee John Hanlon IRE 5/6P00-1FP LITTLE JOSH (IRE) 11 Tony Bloom Nigel Twiston-Davies 22211//4-5 MAIL DE BIEVRE (FR) 8 Patrick Atkinson Tom George F314-313 MENORAH (IRE) 8 Diana Whateley Philip Hobbs 01//13P/4 MR GARDNER (IRE) 10 Richard & Lizzie Kelvin Hughes Polly Gundry 351/51-1 PRINCE DE BEAUCHENE (FR) 10 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE F1113-04 QUEL ESPRIT (FR) 9 Red Barn Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE 21/11P-6 RIVERSIDE THEATRE 9 Jimmy Nesbitt Partnership Nicky Henderson 0-511112 ROI DU MEE (FR) 8 Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott IRE 2154-32 RUBI LIGHT (FR) 8 Bill Hennessy Robbie Hennessy IRE 1111-241 SIR DES CHAMPS (FR) 7 Gigginstown House Stud Willie Mullins IRE 121-1111 SIZING EUROPE (IRE) 11 Ann & Alan Potts Partnership Henry de Bromhead IRE 224102-3 SOMERSBY (IRE) 9 Camilla Radford Mick Channon 1/35/1-50 TATANIANO (FR) 9 The Stewart Family Richard Rowe 345P-22P WALKON (FR) 8 McNeill Family Alan King F25-2141 WISHFULL THINKING 10 Diana Whateley Philip Hobbs 2144U0- ZAYNAR (FR) 8 Men In Our Position David Pipe 27 entries remain after February 12 scratchings deadline 10 Irish-trained THE FOLLOWING 12 HORSES HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED: BLAZING TEMPO (IRE), BLESS THE WINGS (IRE), BOG WARRIOR (IRE), BOLD SIR BRIAN (IRE), FLEMENSTAR (IRE), KAUTO STONE (FR), LAMBRO (IRE), POQUELIN (FR), REALT DUBH (IRE), STAGECOACH PEARL, UNIONISTE (FR), WILLIAM'S WISHES (IRE)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase

gonna back rubi light at 20/1 before his prep run in ireland this weekend looks like the ground at cheltenham will be at least g/soft hoping though it turns heavy because i think rubi light is the best chaser over 2.5 miles in europe on that ground
by passing chelters due to a injury punchestown bound now

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase A few firms are now going only 7/2 on Cue Card and that price is just RIDICULOUS, i can see him going off around 9/2 or even higher on the day. I will abmit i have had my fingers burnt a few times with Cue Card but i simply love the horse to bits, he always seems so genuine and always looks like he's trying his hardest, am still not sure yet if i'll even have a bet on this race but for old times sake it might be hard passing over. He can make the odd mistake but if he gets a clear clean round and gets into a rhythm the rest of the field might find it hard in pegging him back, any trainer will tell you he's a dam fine horse, and even though i've had my fingers burnt i still think he has a big stage race in him again, i really do wish team Tizzard all the luck in the world, and i hope Cue Card gets a safe round and can get the Big Day i think he fully deserves. Cue Card - To win, but id be betting on the day.

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase From reading Henry De Bromheads comments on facebook it seems like Sizing Europe might end up going for the QMCC rather than the Ryanair but still to decide. I'd favour First Lieutenant over Cue Card but the Hobbs horses could be interesting if they go here. I'd like to see Mail De Bievre in this race but I think that will go QMCC too.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase Champion Court 4pts win @ 15/2 Hills I am having a almost max bet on this horse tomorrow. I believe he is just about top class as his form will tell you. I don't think he has had his optimum conditions all season but still managed a massive run in the King George where he travelled best of all in the race until his stamina gave way. Even still it was a massive effort in very testing conditions. I would ignore his latest run in a 3 runner race but rather look at his form from last season. He has form at Cheltenham and has ran at the last 2 festivals where he has had the misfortune of running into Bobs Worth and Sir Des Champs last year. If you look at his form last year he finished 2nd to Grands Crus at his best, a 3rd place over 26f at this track behind National favourite Join Together and two 2nds behind two of the favourites for the Gold Cup in Sir Des Champs and Silviniaco Conti. I think there is every chance Champion Court can make all in this race. The big danger is clearly First Lieutenant but he finds it hard to get his head in front and might just get going too late. Plus I think he would prefer more testing ground. You could easily see 1 of 6 horses winning this race but I am very sweet on the chances of Champion Court in this.

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase

A cracking renewal of the Ryanair in store and Cue Card is now a fair price with First Lieutenant in the line up. He should get decent enough ground and will attempt to lead all the way, as long as his jumping holds up he will take some beating. I wouldn’t rule Riverside Theatre of things despite his lack of recent action since last year’s success and expect him to be the danger to Cue Card along with the favourite. Selections: 2pts Cue Card 7/2

>Betfred 1pt Riverside Theatre 6/1 >Paddy Power

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase 2.40 Cheltenham - 3pts win First Lieutenant @ 5/2 (Bet365) I'm not a huge chance of Cue Card for one reason or another and he's unlikely to get a soft lead (as he enjoys) with Champion Court in here also and as long as Davy Russell positions Mouse Morris' charge not too far away (as seems likely) then I think he'll relish this race. He's been running crackers over further in good races such as the Hennessy and the Lexus but just found one or two too strong and the drop back in trip should be no issue. He doesn't lack speed and clearly the ability to stay further will help here (I much prefer a horse who I know will get up the hill here). The drying ground also suits as connections feel he's a fair bit better on a sounder surface and he has strong form here (won Neptune 2011 and 2nd to Bobs Worth in RSA 2012). He's a sound jumper usually and I just think he's got a mammoth chance here with everything to suit. So long as they don't go slow and Cue Card can use his pace to get away at a crucial point I think he'll have the measure of that one up the straight and not much else catches my eye, for all it's an open event. Deserves a big win again and I think it'll be today.