BBOTD Monday 21th January

Lodge

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 4.35 - Wolverhampton - Athletic @ 6/1 Betvictor I think that Athletic must have a great chance in this. He's still a maiden after 14 runs but this really is a poor race and hes dropped down the handicap even further since his last run that i actually felt was quite respectable. He was 6th over 10f at Lingfield that day but plugged on okay and was only beaten 2-3L. Has only been with Alan Mccabe for his last few runs, and he is one of the AW trainers that have started 2013 in great form, infact his record at this course in January reads 5-14. Robert Winston booked to ride, i actually think he's an underated AW jockey and he's riding his share of winners too at the moment. Track is supposedly going to be riding slow today so the fact this one stays further is a bonus and if going on from his last run where he wasnt beaten far i think he could get off the mark here.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 305 Wolverhampton: Thundering Home EW (7/1 SJ) Best thing to a jumper running today! Richard Mitchell got this horse at the beginning of this NH season and does seem to have improved him, has been passed around different trainers in the past and has won here at Wolverhampton a couple of times so despite a slight rise in the weights everything looks set for a decent run and they have booked Robert Winston to do the steering.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 17.35 Wolverhampton - Honey Of A Kitten - 0.5pt EW @ Boyles BOG Been running in claimers recently winning last time out in a 3 runner race. Has won here on course at this distance 11 months ago and has a better chance than his price suggests. Trainer has had lots of runners in 2013 with 14 winners from 54 runners (SR - 26%). Two handicap wins to date have come of a rating of 64 so has a bit to find of 69 today but hopeful of a good run. Can see lots of jockey changes and non-runners today due to weather, so not a day for betting in advance but have to go to work now!

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 1735 wolverhampton 1pt win lean on pete 11/4 bet365 course and distance winner,has won 3 times on the polytrack including last time out, getting up in the final strides,trainer pears and jockey kelly have a 50% strike rate, 3 wins out of 6 races

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January Gallant Leader 5.05pm Wolverhampton - 1pt WIN - 16-1 Bet365 (BOG) Awful race in which most of the competitors have been beaten miles in bumpers. Exning Halt is a worthy favourite but is of no interest at those odds bearing in mind it is 0 from 10. Pullmen hasn't run for 346 days, Miss Chardonnay has been off for 208 days but this one ran 11 days ago and was the first outing. It is only 4 years old and has stamina in the pedigree so this trip should be fine. It's the one that looks slightly out of line with the prices when Pullmen is only 8-1 and has been well beaten at huge odds. I've chosen this more on price than ability as it's a dreadful race that could see a shock, maybe Miss Chardonnay can spring a 100-1 surprise???

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January Tipped this one up last time out but was done a neck by a well supported N.Quinlan horse, however trainer M.Easterby's 5yr old gelding still ran a fine race and is worth another chance. 19 runs but only the 2 wins and his draw today is a wee bit of a concern but if jockey G.Gibbons can ride him just as positive as he did here at Wolves on the 6th of Jan, then both horse and rider wont be far away in this. 2:35 Wolverhampton - Strong Man. 1pt Win bet @ 3/1 BF - Bet365 etc etc. ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January *On The Hoof > Wolverhampton 5:35 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG* Course winner three times which is a plus for this track. Only 3 pounds higher than it's last winning mark, which was a win here over around the same trip. It actually won 3 on the bounce last year, all coming at this track so clearly loves it here. Matthew Hopkins takes off 7 pounds today which gives it a good chance at the weights, Mick Easterby has had 2 winners and a second from his last three runners, so the yard are in form, and the jockey has had 2 winners and 3 places from his last 6 rides for the yard, so 12/1 looks a big price here.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 4.35 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Leitrim King @ 6/1 (Sportingbet) Has been a tad disappointing but has been campaigned strangely since running in maidens and that can mean he's well-handicapped as he returns to something more like ideal conditions. A mile on a sound surface appears to be what he wants but has faded over further, including over hurdles, since going handicapping. He ran okay over a trip too far here in one previous try in the blinkers and he's since joined the in-form Gary Moore. This is his first run for the yard and it seems notable that he's been well-backed so far today. Shane Kelly returns to the saddle and a mark of 55 doesn't look restrictive. This is a weak race and I'm hopeful that he can return to something capable of winning it.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 5.35 Wolve's------Scamperdale At current odds of 7/1 this must be a good bet to at least make the frame if not win.If you watch his last race he came from last place to finish second over CD and was only two seconds slower than Lean on Pete who won on the same card.Scamperdale is now 8lb lower than that last race and must have a chance. 1 pt e/w looks good to me.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 16:35 Wolv Justcallmehandsome - I find it odd that a 11 year old is wearing blinkers for the 1st time to go with the usual eyeblinkers. Is a multiple course winner and distance winner. Hoping will improve to the run on new years day. Wolud have preferred the 8 running and going EW but field down to 7 gives a small win bet. 1pt win ladbrokes 8/1

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January 15:35 Wolverhampton Armada Bay 9/1 Stan James BOG 0.5 EW Somewhat limited today so against my better instincts I’m looking at a Class 6 at Wolverhampton. At least it’s a handicap and it’s not Southwell. Hopefully Great Leighs will be on the calendar next year so we’ll have more options in bad weather. Top weight MAYPOLE JOE looked poor when turned out quickly last time despite a third the previous day. That was a poor Kempton seller so little use for form. Twice placed in recent outings but despite the booking of Graham Gibbons looks likely to find a few better this time. ARMADA BAY hasn’t really lived up to early promise but had his best performance in a C&D maiden here last time when third. It’s tempting to say that a step back up to handicap company could suit but as his races have all been trappy affairs- and this is Dunstall Park on a Monday in January after all- anything could happen. However, if ownership changes again he’ll be one to notebook. FRANS HALS stayed on well over 6 furlongs at Lingfield last month and a step up to 7 could help. Previous runs all at shorter distances and performance last time out can be forgiven as he was hampered over the first few furlongs. Normally first time cheekpieces would rouse my interest but blinkers haven’t helped before. Could be one to make the frame if not hampered early on. DEVOUT, ridden by interesting claimer William Twiston-Davies, is likely to go off fav. Showed little in turf maidens but seems to have taken to the polytrack and was unlucky last time out. Steps up in trip today and looks set to be there or thereabouts- only doubt is the new distance which won’t be a problem for FIERY SALLY, ridden today by Mark Coumbe. Last or almost last in every race so far, she steps up to handicaps today and has headgear on. An unlikely winner, to say the least, she is a possible notebook horse if blinkers pay off and with a local trainer could become another all-weather regular. ANNALOVA returns from a lay off, makes her handicap debut and steps up in trip. Richard Fahey is doing OK so far in 2013 and, likely to vie for early favouritism with Devout, she is one to watch. Showed some early promise last summer and looks likely to go close here. FAT BOTTOMED GIRL makes the trip down from Yorkshire for Mick Easterby. Best performance so far was second last but one time out in the same conditions as today which piques the interest, but that was over 5 furlongs. Didn’t show much at this distance when stepped up last time but with a claimer on board and given the trainer may very well go close today. CHELSEA GREY is ridden by whip fan Robert Winston today and is another with first time cheekpieces- she hasn’t done much since an OK looking fourth over 6 furlongs back in the summer and this represents a drop in trip from recent performances. Not sure about her running style and it looks like 1m2f would be the better distance. Lastly, JONNY WOMBAT. Richard Ford’s charge is mounted by 7lb claimer Victor Santos today but has a lot to find on this step up in trip and I suspect one we can safely ignore. Suggestion; 1. Annalova/Devout 2. Maypole 3. Armada Bay I’d not normally tag two as the winner but there seems little to choose between the two. Armada Bay (9/1 Stan James) looks value for a place, currently at 2.68 on the exchanges and I'm prepared to risk the win as I think it should be around 7/1.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January NR - disappointing. 2.35 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Master of Disguise @ 15/2 (PP) Has been running adequately here over 6f but all his wins have come over the minimum trip so I'm hopeful the return to 5f will help him regain the winning thread. The first-time visor is added to the tongue-tie and if he responds well to its application then he should be capable of getting involved here at a decent price.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January

Spanish Plume has never won at Wolverhampton mate???
sorry beaten an inch over cd, however this is his distance, and won twice off this mark and above, when beaten an inch over cd he is 11 lb off better with the winner(noble jack) who is half the price, jockey and trainer both in form, had winners today already.

Re: BBOTD Monday 21th January

4.35 - Wolverhampton - Athletic @ 6/1 Betvictor I think that Athletic must have a great chance in this. He's still a maiden after 14 runs but this really is a poor race and hes dropped down the handicap even further since his last run that i actually felt was quite respectable. He was 6th over 10f at Lingfield that day but plugged on okay and was only beaten 2-3L. Has only been with Alan Mccabe for his last few runs, and he is one of the AW trainers that have started 2013 in great form, infact his record at this course in January reads 5-14. Robert Winston booked to ride, i actually think he's an underated AW jockey and he's riding his share of winners too at the moment. Track is supposedly going to be riding slow today so the fact this one stays further is a bonus and if going on from his last run where he wasnt beaten far i think he could get off the mark here.
Cant believe how badly that ran. I know there was a 25p rule 4 but must have been some money down for it to go off at 5/4 fav. Didnt like going left handed but has an entry at kmepton in a couple of days time so will be interesting to see if it runs there.