VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN

luisdelobo

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Goosen to win Volvo Golf Champions 40/1 Stan James (1/4 1-4) In truth I don’t see a lot of value in the outright market but one man who could be value if he plays to his potential is Retief Goosen. This will be the first tournament since Goosen had back surgery but he claims he feels better than he has for a while and on a course where he’s had success in the past he might go well at 40/1. One thing is for sure is if he arrives in form then 40/1 is too big on the former US Open champion. Goosen was runner up to Els in the South African Open on this course and runner up to Grace in this tournament last year and at 40/1 I’ll take the chance he’s in a bit of nick this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/volvo-golf-champions-betting-retief-goosen-is-the-value-if-he-can-rediscover-his-old-magic

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Good shout kev, I also fancy the goose if his back holds up, ousthaizen is too short at 5's and earnie els came in from 10's on monday to 7's , I will be looking at in play for a bit of value as I know the course quite well.

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Good luck Kev. I'm taking my first 3 bets of 2013. T.Bjorn to win Volvo Golf Champions, 3pts EW @ 35/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-4) I don't really fancy of the front runners in the market, especially at their current prices and would prefer to look a little further down the betting for this weeks' selections. Talk of wet weather and a bit of wind immediately got me thinking of the experienced Dane, Thomas Bjorn. He's not the longest from the tee but on a track well short of 7,000 yards that's not a problem. What he does have in his favour is his tee to green work as well as his solid putting. His best performances have come when the wind has blown a little, something which won't suit everyone, so I think he's a bit of value to get in the mix. T.Jaidee to win Volvo Golf Champions, 2pts EW @ 50/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-4) One of the less fashionable names here and I can only assume that's the reason we are getting 50/1 on him. Finished 7th in Dubai proving he can mix it with the big boys and won the Wales Open earlier on in 2012. Jaidee has a solid all round game that will be well suited to this course and I can see him being the player to put together 4 good rounds rather than 1 great one. Great with the short stick and provided his iron play is up to scratch, he should give us a decent run for our money at a price. G.Fdez-Castano to win Volvo Golf Champions, 2.5pts EW @ 33/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-4) Gonzo had a great season last year seeing him rise to 33 in the world. That in itself makes his 33/1 odds look too big here. All his best form has been on short tracks and that was underlined by his win in Italy with a low score of -24. It's expected that something in excess of -15 will be required here, even in the expected conditions, so that performance proves that he can shoot birdies when required. Inside the top 10 at the end of season finale in Dubai, Gonzo is making a real name for himself and I'd prefer to have him on my side at the odds that the likes of Stenson or Molinari at less than half the odds.

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Best of luck in this folks, I have decided to concentrate on the PGA Tour, unless it is a very good European Tour event. The 2 I was interested in were Francesco Molinari and Russy's choice, Castano, as he is a birdie machine as mentioned, but I will watch and enjoy. Best of luck lads, will follow yer bets with interest. :D

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Just one bet for me and going for a complete outsider... Michael Hoey 1pt e/w @ 125/1 Skybet (4 places) Hoey’s odds this week reflect the pretty miserable end he had to 2012 although he has won three times in the last two years on tour. It’s the last of those victories that interested me this week as there are some similarities between Golf du Palais Royal in Morocco where he won and Durban Country Club. Both are seaside courses with undulating fairways and small greens that are tricky to hit, both are short yardage par 72 and both play pretty tough when the wind blows. Golf du Palais Royal had slow running greens when Hoey won and the same is predicted for this week. Obviously Hoey is a huge outsider but there's no cut this week and I'll take the chance that he can find some of the form that has given him four tour wins.

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Top Scandinavian Player 2pts Thomas Bjorn 11/4 William Hill Only three runners and can see no good reason why Bjorn should be the rag of the trio. Stensen is odds on fav and Oleson is the other player. The last two tournaments Bjorn played really well shooting 11 under in the HSBC Champions event and then finished 4th in Singapore. He is paired up with the fav Oosthuizen which i think will be good for is game and is terrific value at the prices.

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN Not a bad start. Jaidee got off to a terrific start on Thursday & kept his challenge going all through the weekend. Finished 2 shots behind Louis but a place at 50/1 secures 12pts profit in Week One of the season :ok Great winner with Bjorn too, Graham. 11/4 in a 3 horse race, a nice bit of value there :clap

Re: VOLVO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS 10-13 JAN

Nice call BH where did you find this bet as i just went on Oddschecker looking for these types of bets but could not find anything or did you just find on the W Hills website or Racing post? Thanks in advance Joe
On oddschecker, its under 'more' bets tab when you look at the outright odds. Nothing showing for this week yet though. You just have to be careful which players are included in some markets, for example one firm will bet lets say Top GB/Ire player and another form will bet Top Englishman only. Some will bet on top Scandinavian and others top Swede etc.... Its worth looking around. If i put up a bet in future i'll post the link as well, :ok