Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Manchester City (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.78[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Im usually only an overs backer but i can just see that this is going to be a banker for alot of people and i really dont have alot of confidence that this game will produce alot of goals. Important Stats. Last 4 games between these 2 teams in the premier league have produced 4 goals in total. [although im not a big believer in previous encounters] 6 of Arsenals last 8 games have gone under with the 2 exceptions being newcastle and reading....... Man City have not scored in 3 of their last 5 away matches. Although both are quite attacking teams the stats for mine are definately skewed in favour of unders. I will post more thoughts on the prices and game closer to sunday. and as mentioned above no Toure's and aguero doesn't really help the cause for goals.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Arsenal vs Man City UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.10 (PPower:4pts) City are a strange side when they come to our place. Given the resources they have, I think a better manager would be able to come away to us and win like United might do, but City tend to be pretty negative at our place. We are fairly hit and miss but I think we'll get a point at least here as I expect us to bring the right attitude against City. Toure is a huge loss, their midfield is weaker than ours without him, and even Silva has had a below par season compared to last year. By the same token I dont see our attack cutting City open at will, they will try and contain us and teams can shut us down with that gameplan. We can run riot when the game is open but this one wont be, I can see a draw or narrow win to us and unders looks good to me.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Games between these two sides at the Emirates rarely produce many goals. Last 4 games at the Emirates between these two sides produced just 2 goals. Once each side won 1-0 and two games ended 0-0. Moreover, games involving either of these two sides quite often produce more goals in the second half and that was the case in the last 2 games between these sides at the Emirates. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 1.95 William Hill

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January I do agree with IAMGooner here, if we look at the last meetings between Arsenal and City at the Emirates the scores read 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 1-0 Unless there is a red card early in the game or other dramatic event, I think this will be a tight game with neither side willing to risk too much City will be without Aguero who would surely cause Gunners' defence many problems, while Arsenal, if not given space, have a hard time creating chances

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January I agree with the reasoning about expected "under" here, but I really don't like this type of bet, especially when such teams and players are involved. It is just too volatile and unpredictable, and it is very often the case that pretty underish and boring games finish with "over" after some lucky shots open up the match. I think that the value here is with the home team. City missing two of their three key players and game changers - Toure and Aguero (third one is Silva). Both of them cannot be properly replaced and heavily reduce Man City's performance. None among Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli is a match to Aguero - the Argentinian has wonderful first-touch, ball control and protection, consistency, surprising moves which catch defenses unprepared, and ability to create scoring chances from the most complicated situations. Toure is the man who pulls the strings together and who determines the rhythm of this team. His contribution is exclusive both in defensive and offensive phase. No other player in this team can even closely replicate the influence and role of Yaya in City. Furthermore, City have not been impressive at all throughout the whole season. They managed to overcome the huge crisis from Novermber, but they never shined and were showing quite volatile performance. It is a big plus for them that Company and Lescott are finally back together - the injuries that spoiled their defensive partnership were among the key reasons for City's drop in form this season. However, they still need time to rediscover their smooth cooperation. Besides, Joe Hart continues to be insecure which affects also the men in front of him. I don't have much to say about Arsenal - we all know how unpredictable and inconsistent they are. But they are having a full-strength team. Their right flank has been amazing and nearly impossible to stop with Oxlade and Sagna. Walcott and Podoslki are finding form. And 2.63 is a very high price for a home team like Arsenal against inconsistent City.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January I think you have to throw the head2head history out the window with this one. Times have changed. City have to set their store out for victory. A draw is just no good. It's not like they don't have the personnel. It's the strongest squad in the premier league. Sometimes Mancini's Italian cautious, lets not lose approach, gets in the way. Trust your players, set them up in a 442 formation. Unleash em ! Find the right combination of holding midfielder, ball winner, creative passer, and grinder in your 4 mid-fielders. (Fergie gets it right almost every week) Let Ballotelli clean the reserve team players boots :rollin . When he's finished with that, send him home .... I'm expecting an open game, with goals. Arsenal have been banging them in at home, and City are more than capable. Arsenal last five at home 7-3, 2-0, 0-2, 5-2, 3-3 (could be ice hockey scores) Arsenal are leading the league in avg goals per game with 4.22 per game. City have to play an open game. Can these big defenders handle Carzola, Walcott and Wilshere. I think not ... The bookies are really favouring BTTS at 1.57 but maybe the better bet is over 2.5 at 1.7 5 units here.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Under 2,5 or under 2,75 looks good to me here. Arsenal don't have the strikers to break a well organised City defence that easy and City miss important striker Aguero and midfielder Yaya Toure. Without them they will be definitely weakned in the offense as Aguero is a working striker and Yaya the player who controls the ball in midfield. Silva is far away from his last year's form and the only other goal threats are Dzeko and Tevez. Tight affair as the last one's.

I agree with you Neil. Unders wouldn't be my call when looking at both these sides this season. I don't think either have particularly tight defences, and both offer enough firepower to score here. With United playing Liverpool I don't see why Mancini would play this cautiously either, and I don't think this Arsenal team will give them much to fear. So I think they'll be pretty offensive minded. Not like previous seasons where Arsenal might have been fighting for third and they had players like Van Persie, and Fabregas. Ladbrokes have over 2.5 goals @ 1.8, which I think is pretty generous :ok

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January 4pts Arsenal to beat Man City (DNB) 5/6 Blue Square Manchester City’s record at Arsenal doesn’t make good reading and when the two sides met earlier in the season Arsenal should really have won. Arsenal are in a nice little groove at the minute and I think the absence of Yaya Toure from the City side in particular will be big. I always think they are a much better side with him in it, especially on the road where he has more space to make his driving runs. Arsenal have the weapons to win this but I still think it will be tight so I’ll take the home side draw no bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-man-city-betting-arsenal-can-edge-out-the-champions-at-the-emirates

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Man City @ 2.82 pinnacle Man City -1 (EH) @ 5.50 sportsbet Much of this game will depend if either side shows up and plays the way they can, as both have shown some indifferent form in their last few games. Arsenal drew with Swansea in the cup and away to Southampton where they were below their best but beat Newcastle, Wigan and Reading. Man City have beaten Watford in the cup, Stoke at home, Norwich away, Reading at home and Newcastle away, but in amidst of these games, they lost at Sunderland where they have a terrible record there. Arsenal in another place where they have struggled to pick up points, and without the Toure brothers, as well as Aguero then their task becomes harder. Arsenal will probably start Podolski, Walcott and the Ox up front, and for the most part, they have done well and scored the goals. But they are up against a very good defence that has played well this season. Man City will probably have Silva, Dzeko and Milner up front, and these three have not fired in the goals as would have been expected this year, but Dezko is the lind of poacher who can get hot quickly. While Vermaelan and Sagna are good backs for Arsenal still have question marks about the reliability of Mertesacker and Koscielny in the middle, and Dezko has the height and presence to make the most of a situation if they take their eyes off him. In midfield, Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta up against Tevez, Barry and Garcia, with City having two very good defensive midfielders who hold their position well. Thus they will make it difficult for Cazorla to get in behind City in order to play in his front three, and like these two players to negate his influence. The key here is Tevez and how much he is willing to lift this side without Aguero and Yaya Toure. If he does impose himself here, he can destroy Arsenal. Believe that he does step up here, and will be the difference between the two sides. Like Man City to break their 27 game streak of not winning at Arsenal in the league, as they look to maintain their challenge to their neighbours. Dropping points here could end there title chances, even this far out, as a possible 10 point lead will be very hard to close

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January

Man City @ 2.82 pinnacle Man City -1 (EH) @ 5.50 sportsbet Much of this game will depend if either side shows up and plays the way they can, as both have shown some indifferent form in their last few games. Arsenal drew with Swansea in the cup and away to Southampton where they were below their best but beat Newcastle, Wigan and Reading. Man City have beaten Watford in the cup, Stoke at home, Norwich away, Reading at home and Newcastle away, but in amidst of these games, they lost at Sunderland where they have a terrible record there. Arsenal in another place where they have struggled to pick up points, and without the Toure brothers, as well as Aguero then their task becomes harder. Arsenal will probably start Podolski, Walcott and the Ox up front, and for the most part, they have done well and scored the goals. But they are up against a very good defence that has played well this season. Man City will probably have Silva, Dzeko and Milner up front, and these three have not fired in the goals as would have been expected this year, but Dezko is the lind of poacher who can get hot quickly. While Vermaelan and Sagna are good backs for Arsenal still have question marks about the reliability of Mertesacker and Koscielny in the middle, and Dezko has the height and presence to make the most of a situation if they take their eyes off him. In midfield, Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta up against Tevez, Barry and Garcia, with City having two very good defensive midfielders who hold their position well. Thus they will make it difficult for Cazorla to get in behind City in order to play in his front three, and like these two players to negate his influence. The key here is Tevez and how much he is willing to lift this side without Aguero and Yaya Toure. If he does impose himself here, he can destroy Arsenal. Believe that he does step up here, and will be the difference between the two sides. Like Man City to break their 27 game streak of not winning at Arsenal in the league, as they look to maintain their challenge to their neighbours. Dropping points here could end there title chances, even this far out, as a possible 10 point lead will be very hard to close
You are a brave man to go with -1 on Man City. There is a very small chance for that to happen but only if Arsenal got at least one player sent off... Most likely will see that sad icon face again later on tonight. Good luck with it!!!

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January The stats say that both teams have scored an average of 2 goals per game, and they let an average of 1 goal per game. Not sure what the result will be .. But will be shocked if both teams dont score here, this to me has to be the bet. Cant see anything else. 1.63 betfair 5 points BTTS

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Sun 13th January Not much time left I'm going for a City win , have been impressed with the work rate of City players, Barry can deputize for Yaya. Diaby is back and will need a few matches to regain his form. Walcott is very inconsistent whereas we still have match winners in blue (Tevez,Silva,Zabaleta) City 2.7 Lad

You are a brave man to go with -1 on Man City. There is a very small chance for that to happen but only if Arsenal got at least one player sent off... Most likely will see that sad icon face again later on tonight. Good luck with it!!!
City were lucky today.

Man City @ 2.82 pinnacle Man City -1 (EH) @ 5.50 sportsbet Much of this game will depend if either side shows up and plays the way they can, as both have shown some indifferent form in their last few games. Arsenal drew with Swansea in the cup and away to Southampton where they were below their best but beat Newcastle, Wigan and Reading. Man City have beaten Watford in the cup, Stoke at home, Norwich away, Reading at home and Newcastle away, but in amidst of these games, they lost at Sunderland where they have a terrible record there. Arsenal in another place where they have struggled to pick up points, and without the Toure brothers, as well as Aguero then their task becomes harder. Arsenal will probably start Podolski, Walcott and the Ox up front, and for the most part, they have done well and scored the goals. But they are up against a very good defence that has played well this season. Man City will probably have Silva, Dzeko and Milner up front, and these three have not fired in the goals as would have been expected this year, but Dezko is the lind of poacher who can get hot quickly. While Vermaelan and Sagna are good backs for Arsenal still have question marks about the reliability of Mertesacker and Koscielny in the middle, and Dezko has the height and presence to make the most of a situation if they take their eyes off him. In midfield, Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta up against Tevez, Barry and Garcia, with City having two very good defensive midfielders who hold their position well. Thus they will make it difficult for Cazorla to get in behind City in order to play in his front three, and like these two players to negate his influence. The key here is Tevez and how much he is willing to lift this side without Aguero and Yaya Toure. If he does impose himself here, he can destroy Arsenal. Believe that he does step up here, and will be the difference between the two sides. Like Man City to break their 27 game streak of not winning at Arsenal in the league, as they look to maintain their challenge to their neighbours. Dropping points here could end there title chances, even this far out, as a possible 10 point lead will be very hard to close
Well done, mate !!! For me that was a penalty but it wasn't a red card. The referee made a mistake which changed the game. The result would have been different if it was 11 against 11.

Arsenal vs Man City UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.10 (PPower:4pts) City are a strange side when they come to our place. Given the resources they have, I think a better manager would be able to come away to us and win like United might do, but City tend to be pretty negative at our place. We are fairly hit and miss but I think we'll get a point at least here as I expect us to bring the right attitude against City. Toure is a huge loss, their midfield is weaker than ours without him, and even Silva has had a below par season compared to last year. By the same token I dont see our attack cutting City open at will, they will try and contain us and teams can shut us down with that gameplan. We can run riot when the game is open but this one wont be, I can see a draw or narrow win to us and unders looks good to me.
WIN

Well done' date=' mate !!! For me that was a penalty but it wasn't a red card. The referee made a mistake which changed the game. The result would have been different if it was 11 against 11.[/quote'] He was last man(outfield) between him and the goal, so it has to be a sending off. as he was stopping a goal scoring opportunity. That is the rule.