BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec

Thought I would kick this one off early as Im not going to be about until tomorrow evening. 2.25 Kelso - Lord Villez 8/1 BetVictor BOG The betting will undoubtedly evolve around Cottswold Charmer and rightly so. The form of that ones last run has been franked by the 1st and 3rd and he should prove to be nicely handicapped for an inform trainer. He has some form on the ground, but never at this level or at this extreme distance and for that reason 3/1 seems a little short and instead I will go for one the Ferdy Murphy runner. He is another that has some very good form in the bank, with the winner of his last race winning since in a C2 and the 3rd placing in a good C3 handicap at Cheltenham. The 4th placed has also hit the frame as well. Previous to that he was only 4L of a horse rated in the 140's. Therefore he does have some play off this mark and he has experienced this testing conditions before, albeit not at the trip. He has improved a lot since stepping up in trip and he was running on at the finish over 26f here last time.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 14.50: Awesome Rock @ 8/1 Bet365 Still a maiden but his most recent performance at Kempton suggests he's very well in form. He travelled in rear until five furlongs out and started then a big move on the outside to progress into second turning for home. He travelled like a dream and looked the likely winner while the rest was early off the bridle. It was a frenetic pace and Awesome Rock had to pay for his big move eventually when he got beaten in a photo by a closer. Unlucky, but he has another chance tomorrow and his revised mark shouldn't prevent him from running a big race.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec Flemenstar 2.00pm Punchestown - 1pt WIN @ 11-10 PaddyPower (BOG) Has had a seasonal reappearance and if it can smash a field like that at 80% then rivals must be thinking what the hell will we be facing when it is 100%. Jumps well, gets this trip, on a steep upward curve and realistically has Sir Des Champs to beat with Rubi Light not far behind. Really rate this as a future star and also fancy it for the Gold Cup.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 14.40 - Warwick - Ten Fires EW @ 13/2 Ladbrokes Looks a pretty fair price considering he was only beaten by a short-head off this mark in a similar race last month. He followed that effort up with a solid 5L 4th and i see no reason why he wont be thereabouts again back down in grade. Micheal Nolan takes 5lbs off which will help him at the weights further, he will cope with testing ground and the trip should be no problem either having ran well at 3m 4f on his last 2 occasions.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 12.55 Kelso Rival D'Estruval 1pt win SP 3 Chase runs so far finishing 2nd, 1st and 2nd. Last time 2nd to Bold Sir Brian, who won a listed chase at Sandown on Friday. Form looks good from all three runs over fences and has earned a 143 OR over fences. While that may be a touch high, nothing else in the race should come near.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 8.30 Sha Tin Carlton House 1pt win @ 10/1 Boylesports California Memory is the obvious starting point in this race having won this race last year but this is a race that has been dominated by the European challenge in recent years and I fancy the Queens horse to do the business tomorrow. He hasn't been at his best in recent starts but a return to 10f should bring the best out of him as both of his career wins at graded level have come at 10f. He also likes quick ground which is a positive and he is well drawn tomorrow in 3. Ryan Moore takes the ride and I fancy him to bounce back from a couple of disappointing efforts over a mile.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 2.00 Punchestown, Sir Des Champs @ 7/4 Paddy Power Just think from last season my selections form holds up better than Flemenstar's, not doubting that Flemenstar is not an excellent prospect, goes on pretty much any trip and jumps fences beautifully, a fool would knock him but I'd rather be on my selection at 7/4 than Flemenstar at evens basically. Personally think this is priced on Flemenstar's win at Navan last month, which was impressive but in reality it beat Big Zeb who hasn't been right for a while now and Realt Dubh who had already had 2 poor runs this season. Sir Des Champs will love the trip, the ground, has won here before, is obviously unbeaten aswel so at 7/4 I think is good value.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec *Lord Of Drums > Kelso 3:25 > WIN @ 4/1 Bet365 BOG* All of it's runs to date have been over 2m or 2m 1f, and now all of a sudden it runs over 3m 3f tomorrow and it's breeding says it will get a stiffer test, so i wouldn't be surprised to see this one punted on tomorrow and maybe even go off favourite. It was a point winner in Ireland which is a positive and has not been knocked about in any of it's races, is unexposed and very lightly raced, for a very good shrews trainer Lucinda Russell and i think this horse could be very hard to beat in these conditions.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 2:30 Punchestown - Back - Mikael D'Haguenet Taking a bit of a chance here as he's not the most reliable and can find a way to get beat but his run lto was encouraging and he could well win this. The fav fell lto and it was slightly disappointing he couldn't take advantage and win, but the winner won well and produced a good display. Mikael D'Haguenet has a decent chance here 1pt win @ 4/6 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec 2.25 Kelso: John Smith’s Scottish Borders National (Class 2) (4m) Competitive little handicap is this and the favourite from the Twiston-Davies yard will be popular with the team in such good form, he’s relatively unexposed so has to be respected but should handle to ground. One or two front runners in this race including Mortimers Cross and Railway Dillon and I reckon the McCain runner looks the best alternative to the favourite after his good performance at Haydock in a better race. Selections: 1pt Railway Dillon 11/2 Betvictor

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th Dec Brandywell Boy 12.20 Lingfield - 11/4 @BetFred BOG This horse can be temperamental so anyone who takes a bet of him can sometime have nervous times throughout the race as you never know what sort of a mood he is in , If this horse was more straight forward he would have won a lot more of his races but there is no doubting that he is a talented horse when he is focussed on the race , Won a 12 runner event at Kempton just over 3 weeks ago and Silvestre De Sousa takes to the reigns again today , If he runs like he did at Kempton he will hose up.