Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.22 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December i would go for goals here but ARSENAL is boring- last game at home they were simply horrible!Swansea dominated the game at my opinion.WBA was playng a great season but their are going down now.bad game against Stoke.few chances to score,WBA has good forwards who can score against poor Gunners defence dc x2 is tempting but over 1,5 should be safer here? news about Podolski and Walcott? what do you think?

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December First post, new to the forum. I have been playing around with a Poisson Distribution Betting System. I have limited myself to premier league games, but may branch out if I am successful with the system. Anyways I am looking for games with the biggest overlays between the betting line and my system. Three games stand out this weekend as playable 1st play: Arsenal vs West Brom, Over 2.5 and 3 1.870, I calculate a final score of 3-2 Arsenal, but prefer to play the over. 2nd play: West Ham vs Liverpool, West Ham 0 and +0.5 1.855, I calculate a 2-1 West Ham victory. 3rd play: Everton vs Tottenham, Over 2.5 1.935, I calculate a 2-2 draw, and therefore like the overlay on the over.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December this is going to be really hard match for arsenal and i'm expecting to be at least five goals in this match with both sides scoring. west brom have been playing really good and they can parry arsenal style of play

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December Seriously everyone, where in Arsenal do you see goals? I see a team blanked by Villa, Norwich, Swansea (home), Schalke (home). A team that could only manage 2 against Montpellier at home, 1 joke goal against QPR, a joke 94th min against horrific defense of ManU, and so on. I said it last week and will repeat, this side is trash, crap, utter sh*t. Now if you expect WBA to score, fine, but "Arsenal's style of play" currently is no possession, no passing or moving, utter lack of pace, no goals, and clueless defending (esp set-pieces). Everyone is free to bet as they see fit, but I will HAPPILY take WBA +X AH, just like I took Swans. There's no hiding the fact that this team is a rudderless train-wreck.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December that's a bit harsh on arsenal but now that they have qualified to next stage in champions league they can concentrate on league and i expect they will be improved. they still got some decent quality but maybe not as clinical as van persie was for them, they can still put up a performance. last week wenger said that individual players in defense let down the whole team. i still think alex, gervinho, podolski or theo can bang in the goals. we just have to wait and see if they click this week.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December

that's a bit harsh on arsenal but now that they have qualified to next stage in champions league they can concentrate on league and i expect they will be improved. they still got some decent quality but maybe not as clinical as van persie was for them' date=' they can still put up a performance. last week wenger said that individual players in defense let down the whole team. i still think alex, gervinho, podolski or theo can bang in the goals. we just have to wait and see if they click this week.[/quote'] Like I said to Aidy last week, I am harsh on top sides. They are top because they contain massive quality and have top managers, etc. I believe Arsenal has this kind of quality (esp in Cazorla, Wilshere and Ox), so I don't see the point in making excuses for them when they perform like they have. Repeat: If you have to constantly make excuses, are you really saying this team is elite? Then, there is Wenger's role. He has made some really questionable decisions, in particular playing Gervinho up front. Gervinho is a winger. He lacks the touch and skills to be a CF. For me, if Giroud isn't in, it has to be Podolski up front with Gervinho and Walcott or Ox on wing. I don't even want to get into how Wenger plays Ramsey high and wide on the right. He simply cannot play this role. Until any of this changes, I don't see any clicking in the near future.

Seriously everyone, where in Arsenal do you see goals? I see a team blanked by Villa, Norwich, Swansea (home), Schalke (home). A team that could only manage 2 against Montpellier at home, 1 joke goal against QPR, a joke 94th min against horrific defense of ManU, and so on.
Football fans are so fickle :lol The way Arsenal plays means they'll always create chances. I think it's best to take each game as it comes and look at each game's individual circumstances. People forget the goals they have scored this season, they have one or two shut outs, and immediately the talk is of them struggling to score. It makes no sense because if Arsenal click they could easily score six past a lot of sides. You could argue this is a great time to be facing an Albion side off the back of two straight defeats.

they have one or two shut outs' date=' and immediately the talk is of them struggling to score. [/quote'] Please. I developed my thoughts in two separate posts, noting form & manager tactics. To elide this and speak as if I am merely making an off-hand remark demonstrates a lack of seriousness. "they could easily score six past a lot of sides." That they could do something is precisely my point. Fact of the matter is they don't and haven't. Getting to real point then, would I risk my cash on them scoring? No way in hell

Please. I developed my thoughts in two separate posts, noting form & manager tactics. To elide this and speak as if I am merely making an off-hand remark demonstrates a lack of seriousness.
No offence meant :ok It's just you didn't mention the huge amount of goals they scored prior to the Villa game, and also the game against Swansea was a tough one as Swansea are a similar passing side, and Arsenal struggled for consistency in that game. I think the key here is how will they fare against Albion. Will Albion be able to stop Arsenal's play in the same way?

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December I think this game can go every way possible. Podolski out, walcott out as It stands now. Gervinho and OX in bad form. I thought Arsenal was on a good way but they miss too many players AGAIN and you cant trust them this way. I can see West brom playing to get a result here. OWuldit be abig upset when west brom takes all 3 points. I dont think so but then again they are off 2 defeats and Arsenal certainly has the means to win this game in theory. With these odds and the up and down performances I cant find any value anywhere.. Sometimes the wisest bet advice is : NO BET

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December West Brom seem to have been brought back to reality by two defeats although they still sit above Arsenal in the table, in a commanding position. Arsenal's form is poor as well, with an abysmal performance against Swansea last weekend. The players were suffering from tiredness and were largely rested for the trip to Greece, although another defeat won't have helped confidence. Despite the two defeats I still think there is a lot of talent in this West Brom team but they will probably end up finishing mid-table again. Arsenal have won 3 out of 7 home games in the league so far this season. Last season they won 12 (63%) and the season before 11 (58%). They've got weaker since then; you could say Cazorla is an adequate replacement for Fabregas but I don't think the same could be said with Giroud and Van Persie. Although the defence has maybe been a bit tighter, they still have problems in that area whilst lacking Van Persie's goals. They will do well to sneak in the top four again and if they do would probably be looking at a similar win ratio at home as they had last season. Best odds for the home win are 1.57, which is equates to about a 63% of winning. If we consider that West Brom are an average EPL side, and Arsenal are going to have a similar season to last season, that seems about right. If anything that is a little positive from Arsenal's point of view, but it could well happen...people have written them off before and they have always come back at least to ensure CL qualification. Yesterday the best price for the home win was 1.51 which was definitely too low. I think anything below 1.57 is lay material, at 1.57 I would say it's a no bet. I have been interested in the AH because I think this will be a tight game; Arsenal have had trouble scoring so if they do win it will likely be by one goal, I fancy West Brom to stay competitive in this game until the end. I backed West Brom +1.25AH @ 1.88 when the HW was 1.51. Now the best price for that line is 1.78 which is probably best left alone but still offers better value than the opposing bet.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December Plenty of talk about arsenal here but less about west brom. The visitors have overs in their past 4 aways and any team that can share 6 goals at sunderland has to he looked at for the overs whoever they play! I'd be extremely surprised if arsenal failed to score again and this match up has seen plenty of goals over the years. Not great odds for either btts or the overs but that's the way I see this one going.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December West Brom +0.5 @ 2.58 pinnacle West Brom @ 6.40 pinnacle Arsenal have Sagna and Koscielny out in defence while Podolski and Walcott are out up front. With these four players out, Arsenal are in some bother as they have lost form, having won once in their last 6 EPL games. West Brom have lost their last two games but had won their last 4 games prioo to that, as well as 2 of theiir last 3 away games, with wins at Sunderland and Wigan. They represent very good value to get at least a point here, and would not be surprised they also get the win as Long and Odemwingie up front, should cause plenty of problems for an undermanned Arsenal defence while up front, Arsenal will rely on Cazorla to do something, as Arshaving and Giroud do not inspire any confidence in scoring goals for them 38-72 (-22.30)

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December After last weeks display I've put Arsenal in the ice cooler box. For me they are blacklisted until they show some form and consistency. They just do not seem to be able to change gears or come up with plan-B when faced by a well organized team like Norwich or Swansea. No bet for me.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December Injuries and suspensions: Arsenal FC v West Bromwich Arsenal FC: Diaby (5/0 m), Fabianski (0/0 g), Koscielny (8/1 d), Podolski (14/4 f), Santos (6/0 d), Walcott (12/4 f), Sagna (5/0 d) (doubtful) West Bromwich: Dawson (0/0 d), Foster (10/0 f)

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December I'm not betting on this match personally but I definitely think Arsenal are too short. A point worth making about West Brom's loss against Stoke last week is that Clarke rotated 6 players because of the 3 game week. That definitely weakened them in my opinion and if he changes back like he should do, the likes of Odemwingie and Lukaku/ Long should be back in. That will be the team that West Brom have done so well with. They haven't got a strong enough squad to be rotating half their side and that evidently paid off last week. A full strength Baggies side will be a tough nut to crack for an Arsenal side struggling with form and confidence. Add in the crowd unrest and Arsenal's injury worries and I think you can really start making a good case for West Bom...

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December Im an arsenal fan and I agree weve been appalling but to say theres no goals in our team is a bit ridiculous, people said the same after two 0-0 games at the start of the season, we then beat Lpool 2-0 and Soton 6-1. For me BTTS is the best bet, I reckon we will. I did think we would draw with Everton and Villa, and struggle against Swansea so im not trying to be bias. The pressure on us to get a win is astronomical at the moment and I can see a 3-1 or 3-2 on the cards, I fancy Long to score against for some strange reason but I do think we will get the 3 points today, its too vital of a game for us to play poorly again. Also with the injurys there will be a lot of forced changes and hopefully some fresh faces that have been long overdue

Im an arsenal fan and I agree weve been appalling but to say theres no goals in our team is a bit ridiculous, people said the same after two 0-0 games at the start of the season, we then beat Lpool 2-0 and Soton 6-1. For me BTTS is the best bet, I reckon we will. I did think we would draw with Everton and Villa, and struggle against Swansea so im not trying to be bias. The pressure on us to get a win is astronomical at the moment and I can see a 3-1 or 3-2 on the cards, I fancy Long to score against for some strange reason but I do think we will get the 3 points today, its too vital of a game for us to play poorly again. Also with the injurys there will be a lot of forced changes and hopefully some fresh faces that have been long overdue
I reckon we will WIN*

I think this game can go every way possible. Podolski out, walcott out as It stands now. Gervinho and OX in bad form. I thought Arsenal was on a good way but they miss too many players AGAIN and you cant trust them this way. I can see West brom playing to get a result here. OWuldit be abig upset when west brom takes all 3 points. I dont think so but then again they are off 2 defeats and Arsenal certainly has the means to win this game in theory. With these odds and the up and down performances I cant find any value anywhere.. Sometimes the wisest bet advice is : NO BET
Having thought more and more about this game I starting to tend for a West Brom win. isnt it kind of obvious at these odds? Lets see, Podolski and Walcott are out. The two most dangerous strikers in Arsenal team. Then Sagna might be out and we will have two inexperienced def. wingers again. Ox is out of form and Ramsey isnt a very good winger at all if he plays there again. Gervinho doesnt look to hit any form. Arsenal look very youthfull and they lost their nimbus quite a bit and Im not sure how they will cope with this situation.. They are in the most beatable condition since many years. Then we have west brom. A capable offense and a organized team that functions. They score goals and can play freely while Arsenal is under immense pressure. Cazorla and Arteta looked a bit tired lately but now they had a week to rest. I have West brom +2 goals @ 1,5 in my local bookie and Im very tempted to back that to cover a punt on the west brom win.

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December We will see what happens @ 10am (my time), but results speak for themselves regarding Arsenal goals: 0 Home - Swansea 1 Away -Everton (pretty lucky too IMO, was in first few seconds, EFC clearly asleep) 0 Away - Aston Villa 2 Home - Montpellier (only in 2nd half and against a really really poor French side, c'mon!) 5 Home - Tottenham (no goals and down by 1 until Adebayor showed his stupidity) 3 Home - Fulham (here are some goals) 2 Away - Schalke (here too) 1 Away - ManU (total bullsh*t goal, doesn't count for anything) 1 Home - QPR (another sh*t goal, shouldn't have counted either) 0 Home - Schalke 0 Away - Norwich When you look at this you have to factor in the quality of opponents. Villa and QPR are teams Arsenal should dominate, but 1 lousy goal? All I'm saying is in their current form, very few goals is the logical conclusion. Of course, this could change...

Re: Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 8th December Arsenal totally dominated first half... Really reminds me on first two games of this season against Stoke and Sunderland where they were very dominant too. Gevrinho really lack of first touch, second season in row that's scary.