Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Aidymac

Re: Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

anyway my thoughts on this group echo the majority of posts here so not much to say - Young boys and liverpool looks a decent double @ 3/1 w/ b365 very depleted udinense team and i cant see anzhi having enough motivation to win also assuming a weakened team from them. Young boys will want to give their fans a good show, i expect a lot of goals in this game maybe go for >3.5 aswell. Liverpool is taking this competition seriously and will be out for a win and i expect them to be hungry for a goal right from the start. gl :cigar
Hey pal, if you like the double check my post above. Back Liverpool to win the group with Boylesports or Stan James for a better price (same bet)

agreed fader but think about Celtic as an example.... players raise their game and have more motivation to win, its not 'just another league game'. Celtic have performed well above average standard in CL than what you see at parkhead in league games beating and nearly drawing with barca and progressing from a group where nobody thought there was a chance. What a night at parkhead last night though! its just like going to work, depending on the job youre doing you may be more motivated or enthusiastic, if ytou know youve got something sh*tty to do you are less motivated and just cbf... anyway my thoughts on this group echo the majority of posts here so not much to say - Young boys and liverpool looks a decent double @ 3/1 w/ b365 very depleted udinense team and i cant see anzhi having enough motivation to win also assuming a weakened team from them. Young boys will want to give their fans a good show, i expect a lot of goals in this game maybe go for >3.5 aswell. Liverpool is taking this competition seriously and will be out for a win and i expect them to be hungry for a goal right from the start. gl :cigar
But this brings more pressure then anything else... if that was a first game in the group with Celtic's record they would of won that easily. This game, expected to win it needed a Samaras dive in the closing stages to win. Haven't Celtic always had a very good home record?

Re: Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Cheers kiddo, im not too fussed on getting the best odds though, im with bet365 all the time, theyre good to me ;). Tried just about every online firm and stuck with them; occasionally use betfair for laying. All works out in the end, sometimes they'll have better prices sometimes not. :cigar

But this brings more pressure then anything else... if that was a first game in the group with Celtic's record they would of won that easily. This game' date=' expected to win it needed a Samaras dive in the closing stages to win. Haven't Celtic always had a very good home record?[/quote'] Yes but the quality is nothing like it was 5 or 10 years ago, it was sheer determination more than anything else. Each player on the pitch was determined to keep this run going and continue to play with the best in Europe. Cant really argue it wasnt a dive, all for the cause though. If it was celtic v kilmarnock for exmple and the score was 1-1 with 10 mins to go you wouldnt see Sammy taking a dive to try and win the game, it would be played out normally and if it ends 1-1 so be it. Celtic had to win, there wasnt much time left, he took the opportunity and was lucky to have got the decision.... so when theres so much at stake players will do as much as they possibly can to win and needing 3 points for the last 16 every player tried to do as much as possible. Anyway spartak were filthy last night with their flying challenges. Surprised there was only 1 red card... :cigar

There has been a flood of money in the last 30 mins for Liverpool, 1.91 best at the moment, with betfair. 10/11 with most books. Still waiting for starting line ups, but someone seems to know something.
maybe just people in from work sticking a bit on liverpool then feet up for a bit more interest?

:D where do you get your team line-ups? normally just pick up bits and bobs from reading websites and bbc but they are pish
I check about an hour before kick-off: either soccerway.com or espn soccernet. Should add, you don't know exactly until right before kick-off, but people here with in-depth knowledge of teams do a fairly good job of predicting based on news reports and the like.

Re: Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) anybody watching anzhi? are they playing with intent? im assuming a very disjointed performance even though its a full strengh squad. noone was expecting a full strength team so i hope young boys get this, suppose thats why you should always wait for team news

Re: Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) I have traded out my position on Liverpool to win at 1.33 betfair,,If they hold on to win, +59 points. I have also traded out the over 2.5, 1.85 betfair, if it goes over 2.5, plus 5 points. I have let the over 3.5 goals ride. - 15 points, HALF TIME, little less anxious now. gl

Re: Group A > Dec 6th (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Plus 43 points on the Liverpool game, very happy with that, Could have been over double that, but dont need heart attacks. Well done all who backed the double. Tough on Young Boys. 3-1 winners. Over to the Spurs game.

YB - Anzhi I fancy a lot a home win here for reasons mentioned above. Anzhi is qualified and will surely be traveling with many second squad players. So far in Europe and in Russian Premier League they have been playing with more or less the same squad every game, which should indicate that we cannot expect miracles from their reserves. They fielded reserve players for only two games so far - the two qualifying rounds for the Russian Cup. They didn't play well in both, beating second division Ural after penalties, and gaining a very difficult comeback victory at home vs. poor Krilya Sovetov. Both games had some meaning for Anzhi unlike this one for EL. Last but not least, Anzhi travels to Petersburg to meet Zenith over the weekend. The Swiss team needs a victory to keep their chances alive and hope for Liverpool's slip in Udine. They are highly motivated and should overcome a second squad Anzhi at home. YB @ 2.30 (bet365)
That was good, but does not wash away the shame with the Stuttgart "safest bet".