** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Fader

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Sunday afternoon previews: 4pts M.Walsh to beat J.Pipe 13/8 Stan James Justin Pipe’s missed doubles is becoming a real concern and he’s never been the most consistent scorer which would be another concern here because if Walsh plays well he will score consistently. I have to favour Walsh here. He’s the more solid scorer and he’s so much more reliable on his doubles it is untrue so at odds against I’ll take Walshie in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-walsh-betting-mark-walsh-can-capitalise-on-justin-pipe-s-missed-doubles 5pts D.Winstanley (-1.5 sets) to beat V.Van der Voort 8/11 Betfred I like Dean Winstanley. I’ve always been a big fan of him ever since his BDO days and I think he’ll win this match. Ultimately van der Voort isn’t quite at his best which he’ll need to be if he is to prevail in this match. I really believe Winstanley will get better and better the longer the distance is and he can show that in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-van-der-voort-betting-dean-winstanley-can-power-through-second-round-match 4pts J.Wade vs S.Beaton - Over 5.5 sets Evs Blue Square There’s no reason Steve Beaton can’t win this game but the best bet for me in this match is for there to be more than 5.5 sets. I really think if Beaton can settle down early he can push Wade here. Yes he’ll miss doubles, that’s a given but I think he’ll outscore Wade for much of the match so he should get plenty of chances to hit the doubles. Wade will take the chances he’s given so I find it hard to believe this won’t end 4-2 or 4-3 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-beaton-betting-final-match-of-sunday-afternoon-looks-like-being-one-of-the-closest

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3/10 Winstanley - Van der Voort Under 10.5 180s @ 1.82 Unibet I expect a match around the 5 or 6 sets. When we look to the history, both players are not throwing a lot of 180s. Average last months is like 1 180s each set. Only Winstanley had 10 180s in the great first round match against King. But Vincent is not a player who throw a lot of this ones. Winstanley throwing not very slow, but its very hard for the Dutchmen to find his ritme in the first sets. Also, mental he is very weak.

3/10 Winstanley - Van der Voort Under 10.5 180s @ 1.82 Unibet I expect a match around the 5 or 6 sets. When we look to the history, both players are not throwing a lot of 180s. Average last months is like 1 180s each set. Only Winstanley had 10 180s in the great first round match against King. But Vincent is not a player who throw a lot of this ones. Winstanley throwing not very slow, but its very hard for the Dutchmen to find his ritme in the first sets. Also, mental he is very weak.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn that both are heavy 180 scorers , Vincent hasn't been great of late granted but when he's confident he's usually a strong scorer. Winstanley is just a 180 machine at the minute. I would expect 12-13 plus 180s personally. I do agree with you that winstanley at the line looks a lock.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Gone a bit mental with bets this afternoon but it looks like a good card.

Sunday afternoon previews: 4pts M.Walsh to beat J.Pipe 13/8 Stan James Justin Pipe’s missed doubles is becoming a real concern and he’s never been the most consistent scorer which would be another concern here because if Walsh plays well he will score consistently. I have to favour Walsh here. He’s the more solid scorer and he’s so much more reliable on his doubles it is untrue so at odds against I’ll take Walshie in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-walsh-betting-mark-walsh-can-capitalise-on-justin-pipe-s-missed-doubles 5pts D.Winstanley (-1.5 sets) to beat V.Van der Voort 8/11 Betfred I like Dean Winstanley. I’ve always been a big fan of him ever since his BDO days and I think he’ll win this match. Ultimately van der Voort isn’t quite at his best which he’ll need to be if he is to prevail in this match. I really believe Winstanley will get better and better the longer the distance is and he can show that in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-van-der-voort-betting-dean-winstanley-can-power-through-second-round-match 4pts J.Wade vs S.Beaton - Over 5.5 sets Evs Blue Square There’s no reason Steve Beaton can’t win this game but the best bet for me in this match is for there to be more than 5.5 sets. I really think if Beaton can settle down early he can push Wade here. Yes he’ll miss doubles, that’s a given but I think he’ll outscore Wade for much of the match so he should get plenty of chances to hit the doubles. Wade will take the chances he’s given so I find it hard to believe this won’t end 4-2 or 4-3 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-beaton-betting-final-match-of-sunday-afternoon-looks-like-being-one-of-the-closest
4pts J.Pipe vs M.Walsh - Under 10.5 180's 8/11 Blue Square Neither of these are what you would call prolific 180 hitters and in a match where a rhythm won't be easy to come by this line looks a little on the high side particularly if Pipe's missed doubles allows Walsh to run away with it like I have a feeling they might. Even if this goes seven sets we need well over one 180 per set and I don't think that's guaranteed so I'll take the unders here. 4pts D.Winstanley vs V.van der Voort - Over 10.5 180's Evs Paddy Power Both these men have real scoring power. Winstanley hit 10 180's in five sets in the opening round and I'd be surprised if we don't see five sets in this match but I'd also be surprised if Vincent doesn't offer more to the 180's total too having won a match to give hi confidence. He had a lot of near misses for 180's which on another day will have gone in so even though I expect him to be well beaten he'll pop in a few 180's along the way. Winstanley will too and if he settles into a good groove he'll go close to covering this line on his own anyway so the overs look good here. 2pts S.Beaton to beat J.Wade 3/1 Blue Square 4pts S.Beaton Most 180's 5/4 William Hill Steve Beaton is the heavier scorer of the two in this match and I expect him to show us that here. He hit 5 180's in a below par performance in the first round but he should get a nice rhythm in this match and I would expect the 180's to flow from him. As he will outscore Wade for the most part logic will say if he hits enough doubles he will win because he will get the chances to do that. 3/1 is a little bit big on Beaton at the minute even allowing for Wade's class. Wade isn't going to blow Beaton away in the scoring department so I like Beaton to hit the most 180's and at 3/1 I'll take the chance he's on a going day on the outer ring.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Still can't really get going in the tournament yet. Will update the P/L after this session in which I'm taking just the two. Dean Winstanley (-1.5 sets) to beat Vincent van der Voort- 8/11 Boylesports- (6/10) Dean Winstanley Over 6.5 180's- Evens BetVictor- (4/10) Pretty confident Winstanley will come through this one with a bit to spare and I like what I saw from him in beating King. He's obviously an extremely heavy scorer, but his doubling impressed me. Granted he missed a few, but that's a given with Deano but when he needed to hit them he did and that's not always been the case. Van der Voort finally managed to pick up a win on the big stage which should give him confidence, but to be fair, he didn't really get pushed in any way and in actual fact, if Kellett would have hit a few more doubles, it could have been far closer. Both of these guys score well but miss doubles but I think the Brit will come through this one. If Deano gets going, he'll absolutely pepper the lipstick, and as long as his doubles stay solid, he should win this one given the confidence he has at the minute and I don't think he'll drop more than 2 sets at the worse. Also think he'll hit 7 maximums in that time. He hit 10 in his opening game which had 5 sets and I'd expect at least that today which will give him plenty of time to fill his boots. He's an extremely heavy scorer and confidence is flying at the minute so 7 180's shouldn't be too much for Winstanley.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Sunday evening previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs P.Wright - Over 5.5 sets 5/4 Skybet I’m not sure it was wise for Peter Wright to come out with all that nonsense after his match even though it was mostly in jest, especially when van Gerwen has won the last four meetings between the two but having come out with those words he’s going to look even more of a fool than he does already with that hair if he comes out and gets blown away. Luckily for Wright, van Gerwen has a habit of missing a few doubles which should allow Wright to keep this close even though I don’t think he’ll have enough to win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-keep-mvg-honest-in-last-second-round-match 4pts A.Hamilton vs T.Jenkins - Over 13.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square This should be an absolute classic and I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we see all seven sets. Picking a winner isn’t easy as there is so little between them. That would probably make Jenkins a value call but I prefer the over 13.5 180’s bet. Both men hit a lot of 180’s and in a lengthy match like I’m sure this will be I think we’ll see at least 7 180’s out of both of them so this line should be covered and possibly with a fair bit in hand too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-jenkins-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-180-s-in-the-opening-match-of-the-third-round 3pts R.Thornton to beat P.Taylor 11/4 Bet365 If Phil Taylor plays like he has in this tournament so far then he’ll go out in this match. 93 and 90 averages don’t get the job done at this stage of the tournament and with Thornton full of confidence there’s no doubt in my mind he’s the value in this match. I don’t see Taylor outscoring Thornton so if Taylor continues to miss doubles then his fate could well be sealed and he will exit the tournament before Christmas. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-can-complete-a-hat-trick-of-major-wins-over-taylor

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship HAMILTON v JENKINS OVER13.5 180s 4/5 stanjames. ui am concurring with Kev here, these two have been excellent so far Hamilton has two good victories as has Jenkins who absoulutely anihalated part in round two, ok so part was nowhere near his best, but even if he was i think he would have struggled to get past Jenkins, This line looks far too low for me Jenks is the heavier 180s scorer, no doubt but on form hamilton gcan get in the mix too i think there is a real chance of the winner here to reach the final and this game for me is a nailed on 7 setter, that being the case we just need two 180s per set to see us home sio this for me is a no brainer. Also going to agree with kev on the Taylor v Thornton game for me Tyalor has too up his game against Bob, he absoulutely thumped taylor the last time they were on the main stage, that will be in taylors mind and othe power of 5-8 years ago would be like a wounded animal, i recall he got a beating from manley in the PL once and taylor after that was unbeatable for over two years and he said it stemmed from being beaten by manley as he vowed it would never happen again! But for me this is a different tayklor i don't know whats missing is his marital upheaval a factor, are the others in the PDC improving , certainly yes. does he have the same appetite, i am not saying will ever do a Barney and give up thats not in Taylors make up, butb he is definitelty NOT the player that was feared for so long if he copies his last two performances then bob should handle him. Thornton was superb against Nicholson lest not forget Nicholson gave him a good game and it was a to and fro tussle fantastic to watch and i would have backed Paul to beat taylor tonight if he had got through.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts S.Beaton to beat J.Wade 3.75 Skybet To be honest, just like V.V.D.Voort I will oppose them in every round. Wade isnt in any form atall and as soon as he comes up against anyone with any form it's the end of him. Beaton can score heavy which will give him the edge here and James will have to take some big checkouts to match up to him.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Going into the final session before Christmas then, I'm sitting on +6.31. Still haven't got going really but hopefully tonight can change that. Will do these in 2 posts again so the first match is up in time. Should be a cracker of a session. Michael van Gerwen (-2.5 sets) to beat Peter Wright- 17/20 Sportingbet- (3.5/10) Think van Gerwen has a point to prove here and I think he'll be on fire tonight. Peter Wright has come out and said van Gerwen isn't good enough to win the tournament and he's a brave man to say that in honesty. The Dutchman has had a tremendous year and he comfortably came through his first round match in the end against Paul Lim who played very well. Peter Wright averaged around the 95 mark against Arron Monk and was also impressive but he wasn't under the greatest amount of pressure in that one. Tonight is a completely different game though. Van Gerwen will score much better than Monk did and won't miss as many doubles, so Wright will have to score as well as he can if he is to live with MVG here. I just think with everything Wright has said, van Gerwen will look to put on a bit of a show tonight. He's won the last 4 matches, 3 of which have been this year and now van Gerwen has got his first round match out of the way, I expect him to win with plenty to spare in truth. Andy Hamilton vs Terry Jenkins- Game With Most 180's on Night- 13/8 Bet365- (3.5/10) Don't really understand the price here. We have two of the heaviest scorers in the game in what has the potential to go all the way and be an absolute cracker. Like I've just mentioned, I think van Gerwen will see off Peter Wright comfortably and in any case, van Gerwen isn't the most prolific on the maximum front, a bit like Taylor in the final match really as both cover alot on the 19's. Hamilton does to an extent, but nowhere near as much, whilst Jenkins hits lots of maximums himself. All the talk will be about the final match of the night involving Taylor and Thornton, but this should be the game of the night as it has the potential to go all the way and I think it's a good bet for us to see these two combine for the most 180's tonight.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Bit late. Apols for short notice. Short writeup's on other 2 bets I've had.

Sunday evening previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs P.Wright - Over 5.5 sets 5/4 Skybet I’m not sure it was wise for Peter Wright to come out with all that nonsense after his match even though it was mostly in jest, especially when van Gerwen has won the last four meetings between the two but having come out with those words he’s going to look even more of a fool than he does already with that hair if he comes out and gets blown away. Luckily for Wright, van Gerwen has a habit of missing a few doubles which should allow Wright to keep this close even though I don’t think he’ll have enough to win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-keep-mvg-honest-in-last-second-round-match 4pts A.Hamilton vs T.Jenkins - Over 13.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square This should be an absolute classic and I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we see all seven sets. Picking a winner isn’t easy as there is so little between them. That would probably make Jenkins a value call but I prefer the over 13.5 180’s bet. Both men hit a lot of 180’s and in a lengthy match like I’m sure this will be I think we’ll see at least 7 180’s out of both of them so this line should be covered and possibly with a fair bit in hand too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-jenkins-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-180-s-in-the-opening-match-of-the-third-round 3pts R.Thornton to beat P.Taylor 11/4 Bet365 If Phil Taylor plays like he has in this tournament so far then he’ll go out in this match. 93 and 90 averages don’t get the job done at this stage of the tournament and with Thornton full of confidence there’s no doubt in my mind he’s the value in this match. I don’t see Taylor outscoring Thornton so if Taylor continues to miss doubles then his fate could well be sealed and he will exit the tournament before Christmas. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-can-complete-a-hat-trick-of-major-wins-over-taylor
4pts MVG vs P.Wright - Over 10.5 180's 10/11 Betfred Both players are steady and consistent scorers and as I've said above I expect to see 6 sets to I like the overs in this match. 4pts R.Thornton Over 6.5 180's 6/5 Blue Square Thornton hit 13 180's against Nicholson with no rhythm. I expect him to bring his A game with him tonight so I would expect at least 7 180's but more likely double figures.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Wright is playing out of his skin here, sums the tournament up for me so far. The rest of mine are... Terry Jenkins (+1.5 sets) to beat Andy Hamilon- 8/11 BetVictor- (4/10) Over 13.5 180's- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Highest Checout Over 130.5- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Think this should be a classic as there's nothing between the two. This has 7 sets written all over it meaning it's a bit of a lottery so that's why I'm stick with the handicap on Jenkins rather than the win. Both should be comfortable on throw as they are both heavy scorers and finishing is usually pretty solid on both counts and I'd expect Jenkins to win 3 sets at the worse. Both extremely heavy scorers as well hence the overs on the 180's. Hamilton hit 10 in just 5 sets against Burnett whilst Jenkins can pound the lipstick as well. With the prospect of 7 sets, this 2 should cover that line. Also fancy a decent checkout to go alongside that. Hamilton has shown us over the past year or so just how good he is with the combination finishes and covered this line against Burnett. Jenkins is also more than capable of hitting a decent checkout as well, and providing this turns out to be the game we all want, I'd fancy plenty of maximums with some decent finishes thrown in there. Robert Thornton to beat Phil Taylor- 11/4 BetVictor- (3/10) Robert Thornton 3 Dart Average Over 93.5- 5/6 BetVictor- (4/10) I'm already on the Scot outright but at this price, there's no way I'm not backing him. The price is based on reputation alone which is still bizarre considering Thornton has already beaten Taylor twice on TV this year so he's not going to fear the Power, especially when he's playing as he is right now. Unless Taylor puts on at least 5 points to his average, he is going to be struggling here and he's just lucky that Hendriks didn't push on from taking the first set otherwise Taylor would have been out there. Thornton simply won't allow Taylor back in if he's playing like crap here though as he's playing extremely well himself and will be on a high after that superb victory over Paul Nicholson. Taylor has to score better if he is to have a chance here as the Scot will pepper the treble you would think whilst his finishing remains pretty solid and with this price, I have to see what Thornton does with it tonight. Whatever happens, I expect his average to be above the line set here. He his covered this line in both of his matches this year at Ally Pally and that was even when he was patchy at times against Nicholson. He has also topped this average on both occasions against Taylor, even at the Grand Prix where you have to start on a double. He should be completely up for this tonight and that should lead him to a decent average, hopefully in a win.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship If ever a match summed up my tournament that was it. Jenkins missing doubles for pretty much every set, meaning there's not enough 180's to overtake the van Gerwen match before Hamilton takes out a 130, one below the checkout line. Horrible.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Some cracking calls today Kev. Really firing in those winners now. :ok Glad to have a couple of days off personally, really not been going for me as of yet. Poor night in truth which leaves me on -9.01 with the Thornton outrights settled. Really hoping to end the tournament well though so hopefully Santa brings me a change of fortune over Christmas.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts S.Whitlock v D.Chisnall - (Over 15.5 180s) 2.00 PaddyPower These two generally have close games. Whitlock won 6-4 in the first games of the Championship League game. Chisnall won the next 6-3 in the semi finals. I don't see how this won't go to a minimum of 4 sets and I think there will be plenty of 180's. Chisnall has already hit 15 in 8 sets. Whitlock only 6, but in 7 sets and hasn't lost a set yet. 5pts Over 16.5 180s G.Anderson v R.V.Barneveld 2.00 BetFred 4pts G.Anderson (Most 180s) 1.91 BetFred Anderson is hitting the 180s nicely, and has 24 already. Barneveld 12 so we will for sure see plenty of 180s. I think Anderson will edge the game but I think we will have plenty of sets and plenty of breaks/legs. Any price of evens for 17 180s seems good with these two match-ups 4pts M.Walsh (+1.5 handicap) to beat W.Newton 2.25 BetVictor 2pts M.Walsh (Most 180s) v W.Newton 3.25 Bet365 I don't think Walsh is a 3/1 shot to beat Newton. Newton is an overrated player in my eyes. He had a fairly simple route here, Rand just capitulated against him. Walsh has been pretty solid in this first two games and although he isn't setting the world alight with his averages, he is hitting his doubles. It wouldn't surprise me to see Walsh win this, but we're getting a nice price for it to be tight AND for Walsh to win, so I will take that. The second bet doesn't really make sense to me. Walsh 180s this tournament (7) Newton 180s this tournament (5) so to get them odds, I have to take a nibble. 3pts K.Painter to beat A.Lewis 2.75 StanJames I have Kevin to win the group and I think this is Adrians first big test if he want's to retain his crown for a third title. Lewis hasn't even got above 83 average yet. Yes, you can say he is only beating who is infront of him, but you also must not have that competition sharpness about you and he hasn't had a good year atall. Painter beat him recently too in the championship.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship

4pts M.Walsh (+1.5 handicap) to beat W.Newton 2.25 BetVictor 2pts M.Walsh (Most 180s) v W.Newton 3.25 Bet365 I don't think Walsh is a 3/1 shot to beat Newton. Newton is an overrated player in my eyes. He had a fairly simple route here, Rand just capitulated against him. Walsh has been pretty solid in this first two games and although he isn't setting the world alight with his averages, he is hitting his doubles. It wouldn't surprise me to see Walsh win this, but we're getting a nice price for it to be tight AND for Walsh to win, so I will take that. The second bet doesn't really make sense to me. Walsh 180s this tournament (7) Newton 180s this tournament (5) so to get them odds, I have to take a nibble.
Have I been watching a different World Championships and different last two years of darts to everyone else? In the last round several people on here were betting against Wes Newton. I said the 8/15 on Newton was an early Christmas present and so it proved with a 4-0 demolition job and a 99-point-something average which could have been even higher bar a two-leg blip which featured 11 missed darts at doubles. Newton is one of only two players not to drop a set in the tournament so far and is in the top 6 in the world after 2 years of impressive performances. The 3/10 on Newton isn't as good as the 8/15 in the last round but I'll repeat what I said previously - it'll take a lot better player than Mark Walsh to knock Wes Newton out in a match of this length. Also, be wary of your 180 bet, Newton has hit 5 in 7 sets and Walsh 7 in 10 sets, so they're very similar in their 180 frequencies, so 5/4 on Walsh looks about right, given that the tie is also an option.

Have I been watching a different World Championships and different last two years of darts to everyone else? In the last round several people on here were betting against Wes Newton. I said the 8/15 on Newton was an early Christmas present and so it proved with a 4-0 demolition job and a 99-point-something average which could have been even higher bar a two-leg blip which featured 11 missed darts at doubles. Newton is one of only two players not to drop a set in the tournament so far and is in the top 6 in the world after 2 years of impressive performances. The 3/10 on Newton isn't as good as the 8/15 in the last round but I'll repeat what I said previously - it'll take a lot better player than Mark Walsh to knock Wes Newton out in a match of this length. Also, be wary of your 180 bet, Newton has hit 5 in 7 sets and Walsh 7 in 10 sets, so they're very similar in their 180 frequencies, so 5/4 on Walsh looks about right, given that the tie is also an option.
Doe, you have your opinions like everyone else. Just because you pointed out a 8/15 shot would win a game, it seems you expect some form of award? I'm sorry if this comes across like I'm being a d**k because it's not my intention, but even if Newton smashes Walsh 4-0 it still won't (in many people's eyes) make him 6th best in the world; just like Van Gerwen isn't 7th. Many players, when 2-0,3-0 up and with the opponent basically waving a white flag in the cameras view, can relax somewhat and can throw their natural darts. Hell, if all these guys threw their "pub darts" you'd be seeing 100 average every game. But the TV coverage, the experience that brings, I believe makes them stronger. This is why I tend to back players such as Hamilton, Whitlock, Anderson. These are players who are experienced when it comes to the TV time. I don't know alot about Newton, but Id guess he hasn't had asmuch TV time, at the age of 35 as atleast 50% of the tournament? I could be wrong, who knows. It comes down to opinion though, doesn't it? Would you rather 3/10 on Newton, or 11/10 on Walsh +1.5? Personally Id rather the latter. I'm wary of all my bets, Doe. As you can see they have points. 4pts indicated more confidence then 2pts. If you see me going 5-6-7pts then you know I have more confidence. You will see here that alot of people like to get abit of value, instead of lumping on 8/15 and 3/10 shots. Can I also note, I never said "Walsh would win" I pointed out the facts, and my opinion. I gave reasoning for this. I pointed out the "value" and i said "it wouldn't surprise me if Walsh won" and even gave reference that he isn't doing much to set the world alight right now. As you can clearly see, I'm not saying "Walsh to win, 10pts" Enjoy the tournament.

Doe, you have your opinions like everyone else. Just because you pointed out a 8/15 shot would win a game, it seems you expect some form of award? I'm sorry if this comes across like I'm being a d**k because it's not my intention, but even if Newton smashes Walsh 4-0 it still won't (in many people's eyes) make him 6th best in the world; just like Van Gerwen isn't 7th. Many players, when 2-0,3-0 up and with the opponent basically waving a white flag in the cameras view, can relax somewhat and can throw their natural darts. Hell, if all these guys threw their "pub darts" you'd be seeing 100 average every game. But the TV coverage, the experience that brings, I believe makes them stronger. This is why I tend to back players such as Hamilton, Whitlock, Anderson. These are players who are experienced when it comes to the TV time. I don't know alot about Newton, but Id guess he hasn't had asmuch TV time, at the age of 35 as atleast 50% of the tournament? I could be wrong, who knows. It comes down to opinion though, doesn't it? Would you rather 3/10 on Newton, or 11/10 on Walsh +1.5? Personally Id rather the latter. I'm wary of all my bets, Doe. As you can see they have points. 4pts indicated more confidence then 2pts. If you see me going 5-6-7pts then you know I have more confidence. You will see here that alot of people like to get abit of value, instead of lumping on 8/15 and 3/10 shots. Can I also note, I never said "Walsh would win" I pointed out the facts, and my opinion. I gave reasoning for this. I pointed out the "value" and i said "it wouldn't surprise me if Walsh won" and even gave reference that he isn't doing much to set the world alight right now. As you can clearly see, I'm not saying "Walsh to win, 10pts" Enjoy the tournament.
I don't really understand a lot of what you're saying here. Firstly, just to clarify, I DID lump on Newton at 8/15 in the last round as that was a cracking price but I don't think I will be lumping on at 3/10 as that seems about right for this match, but I'm still confident Newton will win so may end up getting the big money on him again. When Whitlock, Anderson, Barney etc are 1/8 and 1/9 and 1/14 then finding Newton at 8/15 and 3/10 are great prices. He's currently ALMOST as good as these sort of players, so his price should be similar to theirs. Whilst he might not necessarily beat these top players it will take someone from the top 8 to knock Newton out, rather than a Rand or a Walsh or someone like that. You are absolutely correct in saying you're entitled to your opinion but I can't really see where you've given any good reasoning for it. You said Rand 'capitulated' against Newton, did you watch the match? Rand actually played well but Newton blew him away. Newton averaged 99 and this would have been well into the hundreds bar a bizarre two-leg spell where he missed 11 darts at doubles around the double 8 and double 16 area. Walsh's average was 8 points down on Newton in the last round, so do you not feel 3/10 and 5/2 on the two players is a fair reflection of that fact? I feel like you've contradicted yourself in saying how you like to back players who are experienced on TV and then tipping Walsh who is known to be one of the biggest 'TV bottlers' around.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Morning all, Merry Christmas. I was hoping to make a nice profit on this year's tournament, but a darts tipster I've followed for a while, who has been very successful, has packed it in and retired. Is there anyone on here who has consistently made a profit on the darts? I might need to go through some results. I'd just like some to support my own mediocre darts bets to finish the tournament with a profit as my source has gone! Cheers all, Merry Christmas.

I don't really understand a lot of what you're saying here. Firstly, just to clarify, I DID lump on Newton at 8/15 in the last round as that was a cracking price but I don't think I will be lumping on at 3/10 as that seems about right for this match, but I'm still confident Newton will win so may end up getting the big money on him again. When Whitlock, Anderson, Barney etc are 1/8 and 1/9 and 1/14 then finding Newton at 8/15 and 3/10 are great prices. He's currently ALMOST as good as these sort of players, so his price should be similar to theirs. Whilst he might not necessarily beat these top players it will take someone from the top 8 to knock Newton out, rather than a Rand or a Walsh or someone like that. You are absolutely correct in saying you're entitled to your opinion but I can't really see where you've given any good reasoning for it. You said Rand 'capitulated' against Newton, did you watch the match? Rand actually played well but Newton blew him away. Newton averaged 99 and this would have been well into the hundreds bar a bizarre two-leg spell where he missed 11 darts at doubles around the double 8 and double 16 area. Walsh's average was 8 points down on Newton in the last round, so do you not feel 3/10 and 5/2 on the two players is a fair reflection of that fact? I feel like you've contradicted yourself in saying how you like to back players who are experienced on TV and then tipping Walsh who is known to be one of the biggest 'TV bottlers' around.
The point on TV time was actually referring to how Newton is not a top player in my eyes, non-relevant to Walsh.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship @doe_a_deer Will you be putting any tips up for this tournament? You seem very knowledgeable. I've gone for Van Der voort to beat Wade at 11/4, and Painter to beat Lewis at 7/4. I've done 2 singles and a double. which is priced at 9/1. I think both are fantastic value. Van der Voort is playing quite well and Wade as obviously been in poor form and has had problems wit depression. 11/4 is absolutely gigantic for me in a 2 horse race. Lewis has been terrible thus far in the tournament, and looks very distracted and un-focused. I think he has got engaged and had a baby in the same year? Painter is playing well and has averaged 95.42 in the tournament so far, and Lewis had averaged 85.55.

Newton is one of only two players not to drop a set in the tournament so far and is in the top 6 in the world after 2 years of impressive performances. The 3/10 on Newton isn't as good as the 8/15 in the last round but I'll repeat what I said previously - it'll take a lot better player than Mark Walsh to knock Wes Newton out in a match of this length.
I agree about the Walsh comment but the top 6 in the world bit is interesting and that's what splits opinion I think. Is Wes 6th in the world because he's the 6th best player in the world or is he 6th in the world because he plays more tournaments than most of the tour? He's improved there's no doubt about that but I think he's reached his peak and I would expect his ranking to go down in 2013. He's made 2 major finals which has done his ranking no harm but he's only beaten one top 8 player in either of those runs so it is fair to say he had kind draws. Even so you still have to be good enough to take them which to be fair to him he was. Despite that I still think Wes is below the top level in the game right now and one way I'd measure that is if I was picking 8 for the Premier League tomorrow he wouldn't get a look in. Wes played well against Rand but that was very much an above average performance on TV from him, nothing like the norm. Personally though I hope he keeps getting overrated because we should get excellent odds on Wade to beat him in the quarter final ;).

I agree about the Walsh comment but the top 6 in the world bit is interesting and that's what splits opinion I think. Is Wes 6th in the world because he's the 6th best player in the world or is he 6th in the world because he plays more tournaments than most of the tour? He's improved there's no doubt about that but I think he's reached his peak and I would expect his ranking to go down in 2013. He's made 2 major finals which has done his ranking no harm but he's only beaten one top 8 player in either of those runs so it is fair to say he had kind draws. Even so you still have to be good enough to take them which to be fair to him he was. Despite that I still think Wes is below the top level in the game right now and one way I'd measure that is if I was picking 8 for the Premier League tomorrow he wouldn't get a look in. Wes played well against Rand but that was very much an above average performance on TV from him, nothing like the norm. Personally though I hope he keeps getting overrated because we should get excellent odds on Wade to beat him in the quarter final ;).
I wouldn't necessarily say he's exactly the sixth best player in the world, rather that he's in a group of 12 top players who could have won this tournament - the 'Big Six' of Taylor, Barney, Lewis, Wade, Anderson and Whitlock, plus Van Gerwen, Newton, Hamilton, Chisnall, Jenkins and Thornton. I couldn't really see any of these players losing to anyone from outside this group, in these sort of longer matches, if that makes sense. If the Premier League was simply the best 8 players in the game then I personally would have Newton in there. However, the selection criteria is often more based around things like major winners (Painter previously, perhaps Thornton this year,) good runs in the World Championship (Webster, Jenkins and Hamilton previously) and then entertainers and big 180 hitters. This sometimes works as with Hamilton but can go badly wrong as with Webster, Jenkins and Klaasen. So, people like Wes who are good enough to be in a tournament of the top 8 in the world are often overlooked for not meeting certain criteria. Which is unfortunate for Mr Newton as I think a major tournament win or a Premier League place could perhaps be the final piece in the jigsaw that he needs to take his game to the next level. You've perhaps unintentionally summed up exactly why Wes is such a good player to bet on when you told us how he hasn't beaten many top 8 players. He is beautifully consistent and will beat everyone below him in the rankings yet struggles against the bigger names. That makes him a dream to bet on compared to a Barney, Lewis, Anderson or Wade say, when you don't know what you're going to get. One day they're averaging 105 and blowing another top player away, another day they're averaging 83 and going out to someone who they should beat easily. I'm surprised as well when a lot of you top tippers go on about the need to find any slight bit of value in the odds on offer that you can't see the value in Wes Newton at the moment. As soon as he wins his first major - which can't be far away - then he'll be quoted at the same sort of prices as Whitlock, Anderson, Van Gerwen are for matches, ie 1/7 and 1/8s for these sort of matches, so whilst we're currently getting 3/10s and unbelievably 8/15s, this is the time to get the bets on and take the value on offer. Whilst 8/15 was a total gift, the 3/10 looks a bit more like the correct price, but he will win the match so if anyone's feeling brave, go for it. I expect the bookies to get things wrong from time to time and not realise how good someone like Newton is - probably for no other reason than the fact that he hasn't won a major. However, I didn't expect you experts on here to not be jumping on this mistake, very surprised to see you underestimating Newton even more than the bookies. One final point, as the Sky Sports interviewer mentioned in the last round, that was probably the best we've seen Newton play on TV. Over the last few years he has shown spells of blowing people away like he did against Rand but this was the first time he'd done it for a whole match of this length so could be another significant step for him. Anyway, I don't want to spend my entire Christmas holidays debating the merits of Wes Newton, so I'll probably leave it at that. I'll let the bookies and the rest of you keep on underestimating him and I'll keep on making money from it.

@doe_a_deer Will you be putting any tips up for this tournament? You seem very knowledgeable. I've gone for Van Der voort to beat Wade at 11/4' date=' and Painter to beat Lewis at 7/4. I've done 2 singles and a double. which is priced at 9/1. I think both are fantastic value. Van der Voort is playing quite well and Wade as obviously been in poor form and has had problems wit depression. 11/4 is absolutely gigantic for me in a 2 horse race. Lewis has been terrible thus far in the tournament, and looks very distracted and un-focused. I think he has got engaged and had a baby in the same year? Painter is playing well and has averaged 95.42 in the tournament so far, and Lewis had averaged 85.55.[/quote'] The best bet I've found for the next set of games is over 77.5 180s on Thursday which I was surprised to get at evens on BetVictor. I really thought they'd be looking at a total of 90+ 180s. I prefer this line for the total of all six matches rather than risking trying to choose which particular games will go over or under a certain mark. It only works out at 6.5 180s per player which I think should be very achievable as some should probably hit more than double that. I do like your 7/4 on Painter, I'd have hoped for 9/4 maybe but he certainly has a real chance of an upset. However, as mentioned in my previous post, you don't know what you'll get with Lewis and he has pulled two previous World Championship tournament wins from seemingly nowhere so it could go wrong as well. He is probably the best player to bet on out of the 12 in action on Thursday though so I may join you in that.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship hi folks my selections for Thurs are. PAINTER V LEWIS, PAINTER 7/4. OVER 12.5 180s 8/11, Well folks i reckon that finger linker Painter is a good bet here, we all know his histrionics of his double routine , the step back and all that goes with it. and this alone may be enough to throw Lewis. But the averages are the real difference there is a 5 point difference and while some say avgs mean nothing when the difference is 5 points and above then they are a really good guide. Lewis has had a slow start we know that and yeah he may burst into life, but i would have expected to see signs of it by now and that has been lacking, he has'nt been pushed yet so he can argue he has done whats required, but to be WC you have to set down a marker, scare your opponents , Lewis aill certainly be pushed here and i would expect him to be at least a set down after 3 sets, i always feel Painter likes to come out and really push on the first set, he is going to be the rugged, determined fighter we have come to expect, Lewis scoring won't worry Painter he can hit the 180s himself and he is the type of player who gets dragged along with a high scorer, Rankings show this bet to be folly there are 16 places between them but for me that is wrong there is know where near that difference, for me this game will come down to doubles, a big check out or two, and desire, all qualities that botha are evenly matched in but i think the bookies have been blinded by Lewis's previous two campaigns here, OVER 12.5 180s, this has to be a dead cert 13 maximums, i would guarantee that Lewis could cover this himself almost this will be a decent length of game at least 6 sets an at least 4 legs per set so at worts we are looking at 24 legs, and for me this is easily achievable. van gerwen v lloyd +2.5 sets @5/4. This might seems strange to many after the MVG performance last time out, however it is that performance that alos gives us hope here, MVG went two sets down to Wright who was avg mid 90s, thats a figure Lloydy can easliy match and indeed better, Colin is a a player who on his game is a real 140s+_ hitter, and his first two games were against slower players, at a pace that doesnt suit him this will be a rat tat tat affair, Now i am not saying that lloyd can do enough to win, i think Colins reached his career peak, but he isw certainly capable of taking 2 sets here, MVG when on form is like a locomotive but he can hit the erratic bad score and they are often really bad ( BDO standard) whereas Lloyd is far more likely to keep them in the 20 segment, 60s are often Colins poor score , all in all MVG is second favourite for the title again for me the bookies have this wrong Whitlock. Painter, Lewis, Hamilton, Anderson and even my old pal Wade are ahead of the Dutchman for me, but hey i could be wrong!, but i will back MVG to win but he may make heavy waether of it for a spell and so 4-2 or 4-3 win is a likely outcome for me. Barneveld v ANDERSON@ 5/4, A BIG question needs to be answered here, is this the old Barney back? As you all know i vowed never to bet on Barney again, ever since he started to give up in games taht for me is inforgiveable, fair dues he has looked to be far better of late his first two games were won at a canter, BUT he wa'nt pushed, they were not top class opponents they were not relentless heavy scorers either, this will be a differnt test for barney. Anderson just squeezed through against john Bowles but he had 19 maximums and an incredible 47 missed darts at double, but that is what we have come to expect from Anderson, the last time he played barney here was the qtr finals two years ago he thumped him 5-1. avg 102. this will be a closer affair for sure, because i am not convinced that Barney has the stomach for a fight anymore if he goes behind lets see his attitude then , i am doubtful it would be one of a dtermied come back, yeah he used to do it but for me not now the vital thing in this game is IF gary gets in front, then ist over for Barney, If Barney gets in front then Anderson will still have a chance he seems to contrive to find the most difficult, awkward, unlikely ways to win a typical Scottish trait, we are the best at it! so i am backing Andesron here the figures suggest barney but read my signature at the foot of this post, to tell you what i think of them.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship What price was Newton at the start of the tournament to win the whole thing? He strikes me as a back to lay and I've noticed his body language change, along with his darts when under pressure. He can win these early games against inferior opposition but when he comes up against a decent sort and comes under pressure his head goes, his mental side of the game is not there. You see others lose a leg or a set, shrug their shoulders and get on with it, we've seen it with Phil Taylor for years. Newton gets rattled easily and if I was coaching an opponent of his I'd tell them to wind him up like mad, slow play, banter, sledging him, anything to make him collapse mentally. I don't really rate Walsh so could see Newton getting past this round but until he sorts out his mental attitude I don't see him being a world champion. He was quality in the last game and there is nothing wrong with his ability, if he sorts his head out he'll go far.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Cheers for that, sounds like a good bet so I've had a bit on it. Maybe but I just don't think the bookies have reacted enough to his poor form and busy year. He's a big name, and bookies don't react to things like that because of his name, and this applies to all sport really. I'm going to stake my selections for tomorrow's play. 2 pts win Painter 7/4, 1 pt win Van Der Voort 11/4. 1 pt win 9/1 double.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Thursday afternoon previews: 4pts W.Newton (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Walsh 8/11 William Hill I’m not sure steady and solid will get the job done for Walsh here and unless he finds an extra gear which I’m not sure he possesses then I would expect him to be beaten here and beaten quite comfortably. I still don’t think Wes Newton is as consistent as some of the other top players but if he has anything about him and if he has ambitions of winning this tournament he should win this easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-walsh-betting-wes-newton-can-breeze-into-the-quarter-finals-at-walsh-s-expense 5pts S.Whitlock vs D.Chisnall - Over 14.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square This should be one of the matches of the last 16 and it is a match I expect to be very high scoring. These two are both heavy scorers and even though we haven’t seen the best of Whitlock in the scoring phase of the game yet he will know the need to up his game with the matches getting harder and harder from here on in. Chisnall will score heavily so I expect to see at least 15 180’s in a match which could easily go the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-chisnall-betting-pick-of-thursday-afternoon-s-matches-can-contain-a-lot-of-180s 4pts J.Wade vs V.van der Voort - Over 5.5 sets 10/11 Bet365 I think this could be a closer match than the bookmakers are making out. The two TV matches between these two were both close matches and with Van der Voort beginning to score heavier again I think this will go at least six sets if not all the way to a seventh. Wade will be outscored at times in this match but his finishing will keep him in it so I like the look of over 5.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-van-der-voort-betting-final-match-of-thursday-afternoon-could-be-closer-than-the-odds-suggest