** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Fader

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Yeah I know mate haha... =D i wasn't saying you were wrong with your tip mate well I didn't agree with the Barney on (i didn't really see the value in that at all) but to be fair i thought Anderson would win this one 3-0 and thought your reasoning was spot on for that one but then again... this is why i'm not a tipster despite been a massive a total dart fan haha.. glad I decided to take my winnings for tonight and stay away from this one!

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Anderson won the first set 3-0 didn't he? You should see some return on that Kevshat?? :ok Standard of the Prelims this year just shows how good the PDC is these days, that Haavisto looked very impressive - 90.4 average and 50% on checkouts! Better stats than Hamilton had tonight!

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Don't think 2/3 is bad to be honest but by all means put some tips up 5pts B.Dolan -1.5 to beat W.Jones 1.73 Boylesport Brendan seems to be quite consistent in the tournaments nowadays. Not fantastic granted but ever since the Irish Open he has seemed to win the games he should win and be competitive in the ones he don't. These two have played eachother a couple of times earlier in the year and both were won 6-4 by Dolan. I feel he is the more experienced, especially on TV and the one with the less nerves here. 3-1 at worst. 3pts A.Hamilton -2.5 to beat J.Richardson 2.25 Sportingbet The hammer to win this one 3-0. My fav player on the circuit and a real hard worker who has been looking forward to the big one with some really good performances in the grand slam and players champs. Ive mentioned before he should of beat Taylor recently with darts to win but thats past him now and I don't give Richardson a chance. These two played eachother 3 times in 2011 and Hamilton won two of those 6-4 and 6-1. He has improved tenfold since then so one can only hope he doesn't have an early wobble and hit the floor running in this tournament 5pts R.V.Barneveld Vs M.Smith - Over 7.5 180s Eves Sportingbet Both players can hit 180s here. Smiths had a really good year and I wouldn't put it past him to win this one, but I'd rather stick to a market I got more chance of winning. Smith this year has risen to 38th in the world. He had a good Players championship and hit 5 180's when he eventually went out to finalist Huybrechts. Van Barneveld hit 10 in the semis of the Grand slam and 12 in the Quarters. Id be surprised if we didn't see double figures in this game as I expect it should go to atleast 4 sets also.
Great bets - both your 5pt selections came in, the other selection was only 3pts so you gave warning to anyone following you.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Monday night previews: 4pts P.Wright (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Monk 5/4 Betfred The last two meetings between these two have been close matches but I don’t think this one will be. I expect Wright to win this and win it with a bit in hand too. He was touching 100 in the averages in the Players Championship finals and that’s a league that Arron Monk isn’t in at the minute. Monk is game but he doesn’t score consistently and he can miss some doubles. Wright is much more consistent and I think he wins this no worse than 3-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-monk-betting-peter-wright-can-be-too-steady-and-too-consistent-for-the-youngster 4pts I.White to beat M.Webster 10/11 Betfred I expect Ian White to win this. Confidence is everything in this game and Ian White has all of that. Confidence is especially big in a short distance like this where there’s no time to settle in and build into the match. Mark Webster will have good legs every now and again but I don’t see him putting enough together regularly enough to deny Ian White getting to three sets first. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/webster-vs-white-betting-ian-white-s-good-form-can-continue-against-webster-in-alexandra-palace 4pts J.Wade vs P.Hudson - Over 3.5 sets 5/6 Paddy Power James Wade has never been the most convincing in first round matches and we’ve seen him lose his first matches in a few major events recently. I expect him to eventually come through this match but I don’t think he’ll come through in straight sets. A few missed doubles just appear to be creeping into Wade’s game and he has never been an elite scorer so I expect Hudson to get a few chances in this match and think he can take at least a set before he bows out. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-hudson-betting-james-wade-can-be-made-to-work-a-bit-harder-than-he-d-like-in-first-round-match

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 4pts P.Wright -1.5 to beat A.Monk 2.25 PaddyPower Fullly agree with Kev here. I don't know much about Aaron and more about his dad really lol. In the grand slam he got beat by Winstanley 10-5 but recorded a decent 93 average so I will hold back from the gamble of -2.5. Peter has the better TV experience and I think that's what tips the scale in these kind of games. Peter had a decent Players Championship beating Colin Lloyd and Michael Smith and then going down to eventual finalist Huybrechts 10-6. He recorded a 94 average vs Jones and a 99 average against Huybrechts. Could be quite tight but I fancy Peters experience here against the 22yr old to shine through 3-0 or 3-1. 2pts J.Wade v P.Hudson - 3-1 Correct Score 3.25 Bet365 I think this one could go much closer then expected. Wade's recent form has been awful. He didn't even qualify past the group stages of the Grand Slam losing 5-1 to Aaron Monk and 5-2 to Mervyn King. He then went out in the first round of the Players Championships losing to Dolan. He normally averages around 89 last couple of tournament so if Hudson can up his game he has a real shot here. I feel though nerves again will come into it and although he may take the first set I think Wade will fall over the line. I have a rather ambitious 1pt bet on Hudson winning the quarter as it's such a poor quarter in my opinion compared to the rest, so I'll hold back from backing Hudson and do this as a little saver. Wade isn't a scapper so I don't think he will win this 3-2. I don't think he has it in his game right now to win 3-0 either so kind of process of elimination here. Will leave the Webster game alone as it depends on what Webster turns up.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2nd qtr G ANDERSON @11-4, D CHISNALL @4-1. Anderson is in a tough qtr again (Which one isnt) but he is already past the first round and awaits probably Caven next ,Jabba is a respected opponent indeed Anderson has played him here before and if i recakll correctly he had a real tough challenge to get past him, but that was before Anderson was established in the PDC and a top 4 player, i would fancy him to get past Caven and then it will be Dolan, Barney, Chisnall, Whitlock his most likely barriers to the last 4 and winning this bet. Dolan will hold no fear Barney , well i said last year that his attitude at the time of giving up, and not trying was unforgivable and that stands true today ok so he appears to be in better form, butr i question his fight, his ability to slug it out, when he first came over and won the title he was 3-0 down to Lloyd, came back and won 4-3 then in the final 3-0 down to taylor then trattled off over 20 maximums to win an epic, THAT Barney, for me has gone for good and i can never trust betting on him again. Whitlock and Chisnall one a demon finisher, the other up there with Lewis and Andesron in the scoring power, but both due to meet in the last 16, one to look forward to, i would struggle to call this one but ith Anderson meeting the winner i would hope that Gary has maybe had an easier route to that stage and his freshness may just egt him through. Chisnall, the Chissy rascal! as mentioned scoring power up with the best on his day he will be uncatchable when scoring but if not firing then he may struggle to produce that "difference dart " (see earlier post) this will be big year for dave he is now a top 16 player, and rightly so and he has had some decent results this year for me i ma taking a gamble he sees of Whitlock in the last 16 then its a shoot out between him and Andesron for this bet to come in but he is a big price for some one with his scoring ability. 3rd qtr, LEWIS 13/8, defending champion at that money is for me too tempting ok so he is not in tip form but when he blows hot he can blister the sun! his main challenge will come from Van Gerwen finally fufilling the much touted potential Whilst Painter, Webster, both undoubted good players should they concern Lewis on form? no way, i am gambling Lewis finds form here, he seems to manage that and if he does again he may well make it a hat trick on New years night. 4th qtr, WINSTANLEY @ 9-1, Dean has been lucky enough to get drawn in what for me is the easiest qtr, ok so not BDO easy but compared to the other three there are no powerful scorers or big outshot hitters that jump out at me. everyplayer in this qtr is a good solid pro Walsh, Pipe, Newton, King, some might argue Wade is a class above , not for me i don't rate him and never have, all his threats to quit the game crap and that i'm sick of hearing it from O' Sullivan in snooker so don't start Wade, Wade himself is lucky he has Beaton (who has only ebver won one game at Ally Pally i read somewhere), King whio we have never seen his best form according o merv himself and Van Der Voort ( blows hot and cold) in his pathb to the qtrs i just hope one puts him out indeed VDV has done so here before. back to Deano h has King in round one and i'll tekll you now that is one King will wish he had missed, 8i fancy him to the throne the king and the it will be VDV or Kellet next, Dean is not a fast players and VDV will be slowed down thats a gimmee, i'll take deano to do enough in that and then to hopefully give wade a good mother and father of a hiding in the last 16 from there it'll be either Huybrechts or Pipe that awaits whichever one i am backing Deano to reach the last 4

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2/10 Webster to beat White @ 2.00 some eurobookies Okay, Webster is not the great one from years ago. But i don't see why he is dog here.. In my eyes he will a little favorite tonight, but it will a hard match for him. He can throw some great legs if he fin his target.. I see some little value here.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3 for me tonight which are these three. Hoping to get back on track after a couple of shocking nights. Missed the price on the Wade/Hudson bet which will teach me for falling asleep before I place bets :$. Wright is 11/8 with Paddy Power which is the price I've just taken :ok

Monday night previews: 4pts P.Wright (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Monk 5/4 Betfred The last two meetings between these two have been close matches but I don’t think this one will be. I expect Wright to win this and win it with a bit in hand too. He was touching 100 in the averages in the Players Championship finals and that’s a league that Arron Monk isn’t in at the minute. Monk is game but he doesn’t score consistently and he can miss some doubles. Wright is much more consistent and I think he wins this no worse than 3-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-monk-betting-peter-wright-can-be-too-steady-and-too-consistent-for-the-youngster 4pts I.White to beat M.Webster 10/11 Betfred I expect Ian White to win this. Confidence is everything in this game and Ian White has all of that. Confidence is especially big in a short distance like this where there’s no time to settle in and build into the match. Mark Webster will have good legs every now and again but I don’t see him putting enough together regularly enough to deny Ian White getting to three sets first. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/webster-vs-white-betting-ian-white-s-good-form-can-continue-against-webster-in-alexandra-palace
4pts Under 27.5 180's on night 5/6 Paddy Power I think this line is pretty high because I don't see a standout 180 hitter on show tonight and neither do I see a match which will have double figures in 180's like the Barneveld/Smith match did last night. Wright and Monk are steady scorers but aren't going to plough the 180's, Webster rarely hits them whereas White hits a few but again he's not an elite 180 hitter. Wade and Hudson could produce a tight match but neither are heavy 180 hitters and then there's Caven who ****s a brick when a camera is in sight and the two prelim guys who also aren't traditionally heavy scorers. This line looks a few 180's too high to me and seems to be an overreaction to last night when there actually was some genuine 180 scorers. I'm relatively confident we won't see 27 180's here.

3 for me tonight which are these three. Hoping to get back on track after a couple of shocking nights. Missed the price on the Wade/Hudson bet which will teach me for falling asleep before I place bets :$. Wright is 11/8 with Paddy Power which is the price I've just taken :ok 4pts Under 27.5 180's on night 5/6 Paddy Power I think this line is pretty high because I don't see a standout 180 hitter on show tonight and neither do I see a match which will have double figures in 180's like the Barneveld/Smith match did last night. Wright and Monk are steady scorers but aren't going to plough the 180's, Webster rarely hits them whereas White hits a few but again he's not an elite 180 hitter. Wade and Hudson could produce a tight match but neither are heavy 180 hitters and then there's Caven who ****s a brick when a camera is in sight and the two prelim guys who also aren't traditionally heavy scorers. This line looks a few 180's too high to me and seems to be an overreaction to last night when there actually was some genuine 180 scorers. I'm relatively confident we won't see 27 180's here.
lol, I think the bookies are wise to Wades form in round 1 of tournaments :D

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Just the 3 for me tonight. These 2... Peter Wright (Most 180's) vs Aaron Monk- 5/6 Blue Square- (4/10) Peter Wright Most 180's on Night- 4/1 Bet365- (2/10) Not backing either guy to win tonight but I feel Wright has the advantage in the 180 stakes. Snakebite is a really heavy scorer on his day and he showed that at the Players Championship where he hit 5 against Kim Huybechts in just 16 legs. Even last year where he lost 3-1 to Jelle Klaasen, he hit 4 in 4 sets which is a decent showing and he's generally pretty good around the lipstick. Monk is still improving all the time and performed well at the Grand Slam but he's not a prolific 180 scorer, not to Wright's extent anyway. He only managed to hit more than 1 in one game and even then it was only 3 in 15 legs which shows the difference between him and Wright so I'd fancy Wright to win the 180 battle. Given how I expect this to be a pretty decent game, I wouldn't have Wright as a 4/1 shot to hit the most 180's. Obviously Ian White is the big threat but I have a feeling this game might last a little longer than that one and that should give Wright enough time to give himself a chance at this price.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship ian white to beat mark webster @ 1.9 bet365 in form player against someone who has lost there best game at the moment. i think mark webster will be feeling the pressure more than his opponent here and if he starts to miss some doubles am sure white will be there to clean up. as previously mentioned it does help to have the confidence in darts and i dont think webster has much at the moment. he has got the talent there and we could see some good darts from webster early on but it never seems to last.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship And this one. Already been covered above. Ian White to beat Mark Webster- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Can't really add a great deal to what's been said. Webster's form has been pretty rotten for a while now and his finishing in particular has let him down massively which has left him short of confidence. The problem is that Ian White is the complete opposite. He's been playing well all year and Webster can't afford to keep missing doubles as White should be with him all the way given his scoring capabilities. White has beaten the likes of Whitlock and Dolan in recent times and if he continues playing the way he has done all year, he should come through this one.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Tuesday previews: 4pts K.Anderson Over 1.5 180's 10/11 Skybet Steve Beaton should win this match but as I’ve said previously I don’t like him as a favourite and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he makes heavy weather of this, particularly if Anderson settles down to his work straight away. None of the prices on the match or the handicaps inspire me but one bet I do like is for Kyle Anderson to hit over 1.5 180’s. Anderson actually hit a 9 dart finish in the Australian Open earlier in the year and he hit a couple of maximums in 11 legs in the final of the Oceanic Masters and had an 11 darter without a 180 in another leg so he scores heavily enough as most Aussies do and I would expect to see a couple of 180’s from him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/beaton-vs-anderson-betting-kyle-anderson-can-crown-his-alexandra-palace-debut-with-a-couple-of-maximums 4pts J.Haines (+2.5 sets) to beat W.Newton Evs Betfred I expect Wes Newton to win this match but he’s never been the quickest starter to both matches or tournaments and I think there’s enough in this for Johnny Haines to win at least a set if not two. You don’t beat Raymond Barneveld on a stage in Holland without being able to play darts and hold yourself together under pressure and Barney’s form since that tournament shows that even more. Newton should come through in the end but not before Haines wins a set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-haines-betting-johnny-haines-can-keep-wes-newton-honest-in-world-championship-first-round 5pts M.King vs D.Winstanley - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Coral This should be a great match and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this goes all the way to a fifth set. Both men are pretty evenly matched so I expect this to be one of the matches of the round. Both men score well, particularly Winstanley who can be a 180 machine when he gets going. I’m not sure if it public knowledge that Winstanley has been practicing with Raymond Barneveld in the lead up to this tournament but we saw the form Barneveld was in on Sunday and I expect Winstanley to play well here too. King is impossible to shake off though and given how well both score I’ll be surprised if we don’t see at least 8 180’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-winstanley-betting-match-of-the-round-should-be-full-of-maximums

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Just the one for me tonight: 5pts S.Beaton to beat K.Anderson 3-0 2.25 Bet365 Not the best value here, but I can't see Anderson doing much in this game. He hasnt had much TV time atall (if any?) and Beaton is in some good form beating the likes of Van Gerwen and Barneveld not too long ago. I think if Beaton can get the first set it will be 3-0 and I'll take a punt on that scoreline.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2 for me tonight which are these two. Anderson's 180's are 4/5 with Sportingbet.

Tuesday previews: 4pts K.Anderson Over 1.5 180's 10/11 Skybet Steve Beaton should win this match but as I’ve said previously I don’t like him as a favourite and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he makes heavy weather of this, particularly if Anderson settles down to his work straight away. None of the prices on the match or the handicaps inspire me but one bet I do like is for Kyle Anderson to hit over 1.5 180’s. Anderson actually hit a 9 dart finish in the Australian Open earlier in the year and he hit a couple of maximums in 11 legs in the final of the Oceanic Masters and had an 11 darter without a 180 in another leg so he scores heavily enough as most Aussies do and I would expect to see a couple of 180’s from him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/beaton-vs-anderson-betting-kyle-anderson-can-crown-his-alexandra-palace-debut-with-a-couple-of-maximums 5pts M.King vs D.Winstanley - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Coral This should be a great match and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this goes all the way to a fifth set. Both men are pretty evenly matched so I expect this to be one of the matches of the round. Both men score well, particularly Winstanley who can be a 180 machine when he gets going. I’m not sure if it public knowledge that Winstanley has been practicing with Raymond Barneveld in the lead up to this tournament but we saw the form Barneveld was in on Sunday and I expect Winstanley to play well here too. King is impossible to shake off though and given how well both score I’ll be surprised if we don’t see at least 8 180’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-winstanley-betting-match-of-the-round-should-be-full-of-maximums

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship my bet never won last night but who cares when you see darts like that. fair play to webster played outstanding, i think if white got it to 2-2 might of been different result, but seen enough for me to think twice opposing webster this tournament any way. D.Winstanley to beat M.King odds @ 2.10 bet365 this will be a good match alot of high scoring from both players. in truth a match either can win. but i like winstanley in this one powerful scorer that wont get bothered by crowd where king might. also its been said he and barney have been sparing partners to practice before this event which can only be good for him.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3 for me tonight as I'm stuck in the library doing my essay. Will put this one up and do the other couple in another post. Mervyn King vs Dean Winstanley- Game with Most 180's of Night- Evens Bet365- (2.5/10) Not the best price in this sort of market but when you look at what this match has the potential to do, it's understandable why. This should be the game of the first round if all goes to plan and whilst I expect King to nudge it, it could easily go the distance. Here we have two guys who score extremely heavily and the 180 count could easily go into double figures even if it doesn't have a 5th set. If we look at the other games, you'd maybe say Newton could pose a threat to this bet but he'll have to go 180 mad you feel to even come close to getting his game up to this level in terms of maximums and I'd be pretty surprised if this wasn't a 180 fest tbh.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts M.King v D.Winstanley - Over 8.5 180's Eves 888sport Instead of me picking one of these to win I'll go with the 180s market. Both hit them for fun and I expect there to be atleast 4 legs and possibly 5. Winstanley hits em for fun and King can hit his fair share also.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship hi everyone 1st post dean winstanley most 180s on the night 2/1 bet365 (5/10)deano heavy scorer on the 180s averaging 4 per match this season and i expect many legs in this game , wes newton a danger but im expecting him to win his match 3-0 , beaton & osborne not heavy 180 hitters , merv could hit quite a few but is averaging much less per match than deano this season ..i see value at 2/1

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Final 2 for me. Jamie Lewis (1.5 legs) to beat Lourence Ilagan- 11/10 Blue Square- (3/10) This could be seen as a pretty risky bet in truth as we've seen a lot of these short prelim matches be won with the flick of a coin but tonight I fancy Lewis to win this no worse than 4-2. He's played a sh*t load of darts this year both in youth tournaments and on the floor on the main tour and in that time he's already beaten the likes of Wayne Jones, James Richardson and Colin Osborne which shows the potential he has. What I like about the youngster here is that he is used to these short first to 4 format matches having played so many youth events so the format should suit him down to a tee. Lourence Ilagan used to play on the BDO tour a few years back now but unless I'm mistaken, he's not played a great deal of competitive darts since 2010 and only won 1 match to qualify for Ally Pally. I just can't help but feel he might be a little under prepared for this match and the occasion might get to him a touch. I expect Lewis to be a tad nervous as well but given he knows the format, I think he'll settle down the better of the two and come out with a comfortable(ish) win tonight before meeting Colin Osborne in the final game of the night. Wes Newton (-1.5 180's) to beat Johnny Haines- 8/11 Blue Square- (4/10) Not confident enough to back Newton with any match handicaps but surprised to see this sort of handicap so low. He's often a little slow out of the traps at Ally Pally and he's yet to average above 90 in any first round match at Ally Pally which is surprising. I don't expect him to have any great problems in winning this one but I'm still not confident with the match handicap. I do expect him however to hit a few maximums tonight regardless to how he is playing and I struggle to see how he won't hit at least 2 more than Haines. Newton hit at least 2 in every one of his Grand Slam matches and managed 5 on 2 occasions which shows how well he can score when he gets going. Johnny Haines had that really good showing over in Holland where he beat Barney but he's not one to pepper the lipstick and hit too many maximums whilst Newton is capable of a fair few and I back him to hit at least 2 more than Haines tonight.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts over 4.5 180's in Osbourne v Ilhagen 11/10 Boylesports Great odds here as short as 4/7 in places,when on song Osbourne could easily clear this line on his own in a match that will last at least 3 sets i would happily take odds against on any decent professionals hitting 5 180's between them

Just the one for me tonight: 5pts S.Beaton to beat K.Anderson 3-0 2.25 Bet365 Not the best value here, but I can't see Anderson doing much in this game. He hasnt had much TV time atall (if any?) and Beaton is in some good form beating the likes of Van Gerwen and Barneveld not too long ago. I think if Beaton can get the first set it will be 3-0 and I'll take a punt on that scoreline. 5pts M.King v D.Winstanley - Over 8.5 180's Eves >888sport Instead of me picking one of these to win I'll go with the 180s market. Both hit them for fun and I expect there to be atleast 4 legs and possibly 5. Winstanley hits em for fun and King can hit his fair share also.
Finally gets me into the profit for the tournament after a dreadful start. What a game that was! I feel we may see a repeat with Winstanley V Huybrechts down the line ; ) well done on all that were on the 180s. Gets easier in round 2.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts C.Lloyd to beat D.Young -1.5 Asian handicap 2.10 Paddypower 2pts C.Lloyd most 180s 2.20 Skybet A rematch of last years round 1 game in which Lloyd won it 3-1. He posted a 94 average then against Young's 85 and then beat Scott Rand 4-1 with another 90+ average before going out to Gary Anderson. This year Lloyd has averaged around 91. He lost 6-0 to Taylor despite an average of 101 so he will need to keep check of his doubles but he remains a player on his day not to go against. Young's average is around 85 this year by the results I've found. He finds himself sliding down the rankings somewhat with tournaments in the US and was beaten heavily to part 6-1 not long ago. I will also take the 180s bet here as Lloyd has managed 2.2 a game this year where as Young, although he can hit a 180 or two has been awful with what I have seen on TV and I don't think he can truly grind out high scores and/or doubles when it's a big game, 10'o'clock at night with hundreds of p*ssed up fans screaming "Oooh" with every missed dart :D

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Wednesday previews: 3pts A.Jenkins (+1.5 sets) to beat J.Pipe 6/4 BetVictor I don’t expect Justin Pipe to have this all his own way. Although he’s a very good player he still has some loose legs and sloppy scores on the big stage and he has been known to miss a few doubles too. That could be exaggerated if the crowd get hold of him and put him off as has been known in this venue in the past. If Jenkins can bring his best form with him then I think he can go well here. He has a 4-1 lead in the head to heads between the two so he clearly doesn’t get affected by the slow pace of Pipe and I see no reason why he can’t at least take this to a decider if not actually win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-a-jenkins-betting-rocky-can-draw-justin-pipe-into-a-first-round-fight-at-alexandra-palace 4pts D.Priestley to beat R.Baxter 6/4 Bet365 On form over the last few months I think Dennis Priestley has to be the one to be on here. I expect this to be a close match but he can hold himself together and only last month was he producing 100+ averages and beating Michael van Gerwen in tour event semi finals. Ronnie Baxter had an excellent middle of the year but his form has dipped since then and I fancy Priestley in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baxter-vs-priestley-betting-dennis-priestley-can-roll-back-the-years-to-put-out-the-rocket 5pts C.Lloyd (-1.5 sets) to beat D.Young 11/10 Boylesports These two met in this tournament two years ago and Colin Lloyd won 3-1 on that occasion and that is the worst I expect him to win here. I wouldn’t be surprised actually if he won this 3-0. He’s a lot more steadier on TV now than he was even then and I don’t see Young being as good. The closest we can get as a comparison to this match for Young was when he lost 6-1 to John Part in the North American Pro Tour event final. Part hasn’t pulled up any trees this year so that highlights the state of American darts. I expect Lloyd to see off Big Daddy comfortably enough here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lloyd-vs-young-betting-colin-lloyd-can-see-off-the-american-with-a-bit-in-hand