** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Fader

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Four for me in total this afternoon. Need a good second round after a chronic first round mixed with no shows and poor luck.

Friday afternoon previews: 4pts A.Hamilton vs R.Burnett - Over 10.5 180's 11/10 BetVictor I think over the course of seven sets Hamilton will have too much for Burnett here and how close Burnett gets will depend on how he goes on his doubles but one think I expect to see is quite a few 180’s between these two. Regardless of Richie’s doubling I expect us to see a minimum of five sets and I fully believe these two heavy scorers can average just over 2 180’s a set so I like the look over 10.5 180’s in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-burnett-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-maximums-between-two-heavy-scorers 4pts D.Chisnall (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Gurney 5/6 Ladbrokes I expect Dave Chisnall to win this match and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins this a shade cosily too. Gurney’s doubling is awful at the best of times and while you can’t always rely on Chisnall to hit doubles if he keeps getting chances on them and gets confident on them then you tend to find he reels them off without a problem. Chisnall will score heavily, he always does so if this comes down to a finishing contest I expect Chisnall to win easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-gurney-betting-dave-chisnall-should-have-no-problems-in-second-round-match 3pts J.Bowles (+2.5 sets) to beat G.Anderson 13/8 Coral I guess the key for John Bowles is whether he can get up for this match like he was up for his two matches on the opening night. If he can then he could well force Anderson into another good game because he is a solid scorer and didn’t miss a lot around the doubles. We know Anderson will give up chances it is just whether his opponent is close enough to take advantage and I think Bowles could just be. At heavy odds against it is worth taking Bowles to push Anderson closer than he’d like to be pushed here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-bowles-betting-john-bowles-has-the-stability-to-push-anderson-close-in-second-round
4pts G.Anderson Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Boylesports I'm happy Gary Anderson will plunder the lipstick this afternoon. He hit 5 180's in his first round match and we saw in this round last year how he can get caught up in a bit of a ding dong and still hit the 180's when he hit 11 180's against Devon Petersen and I would expect similar here. Perhaps not 11 unless Bowles really takes him to the trenches and forces a deciding set but certainly the seven we are looking for here. Gary Anderson matches don't need much predicting. He'll score heavily, miss doubles, make hard work of it, probably win in the end but bang in a lot of 180's on the way and that's how I expect it to play out this afternoon.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts G.Anderson 4-0 correct score 2.75 Ladbrokes I think if this game was a first round game and we didn't see Bowles performance then the odds would be evens. Bowles did perform really well, especially for a newcomer to the PDC. He scored well and doubled even better but can he really do it again? He will be under more pressure this time with his doubles because Anderson will be ahead of him with the scoring thats for sure. I just can't see Bowles getting a set here. It's possible a 4-1 if Anderson has a wobbily first set, but for the 2.75 odds here I'm going to go with this one.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2/10 Chisnall -2.5 sets to beat. Gurney @ 1.80 William Hill To much quality difference here. Chisnall throwing very good in the first round and i think he can continue this run here. I don't a big fan of Gurney, and he was not good in the first two matches. 2/10 Hamilton - Burnett over 10.5 180s @ 1.80 WH Two players who can throw a lot of 180s during matches. I expect that Burnett will win 1 or 2 sets, and when we look to the average than. This will be a very nice line here.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Friday night previews: 4pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Part 6/5 Ladbrokes Taking on John Part on this Alexandra Palace stage hasn’t always been the route to the profit house but I do believe it will be here because for my money Part just isn’t scoring. One thing Jenkins will always do is score heavily and he can sustain his scoring for long periods too so I just don’t see how Part will get into this match unless he either finds his heavy scoring or Jenkins misses an awful lot of doubles. I don’t see either happening though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-part-betting-terry-jenkins-can-come-through-a-tough-looking-second-round-test 4pts R.Thornton (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Nicholson Evs Paddy Power The missed doubles that has crept into Paul Nicholson’s game is becoming a real concern and such a concern that I fully expect Robert Thornton to win this match and win it with a bit in hand. Nicholson has never been a devastating scorer and although he can have patches of consistent scoring he can go off the boil too. With the injury problems he’s had this year Nicholson isn’t half the player he was a couple of years ago in my eyes and with the form Thornton is in I expect him to take care of the Asset in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-nicholson-betting-robert-thornton-can-be-too-good-for-nicholson-at-alexandra-palace 4pts J.Hendriks (+3.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor Evs Skybet I don’t think you’ll find too many people who doesn’t expect Taylor to win this but there’s no reason why Hendriks can’t win a set, especially given the doubles that Taylor has been missing recently. Even when he won the Players Championship earlier in the month he missed a heap of doubles against Andy Hamilton so you have to feel that Hendriks will get chances. He showed in the European Championship he can take them so I think he can win at least a set here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-hendriks-betting-jerry-hendriks-can-exploit-any-taylor-misses-to-take-at-least-a-set

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts R.Thornton -1.5 legs to beat P.Nicholson 2.00 Bet365 Loving this bet too. How on earth is it evens for Thornton to win 4-2 or better. Nicholson has done absolutely nothing recently and his first round game did nothing to inspire me to be honest. Just played the man and overcome some poor form. Thornton looked impressive in his first game. He has plenty of TV time and has been very consistent and strong.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship

2/10 Chisnall -2.5 sets to beat. Gurney @ 1.80 William Hill To much quality difference here. Chisnall throwing very good in the first round and i think he can continue this run here. I don't a big fan of Gurney, and he was not good in the first two matches. 2/10 Hamilton - Burnett over 10.5 180s @ 1.80 WH Two players who can throw a lot of 180s during matches. I expect that Burnett will win 1 or 2 sets, and when we look to the average than. This will be a very nice line here.
Both won.. Wil have one play for this night: 2/10 Thornton -1.5 sets to beat. Nicholson @ 1.94 SBO Nicholson, what to say about him? Okay, he won the first round against Stompe. But he is terrible the last months. Thornton a lot better, playing good and i think he can win this with max. 4-2

Does anyone know where I can find out highest checkouts ? Also for in play matches ? Thanks
http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/ewqkobxs0sy18cfc5o6geknu/title/ladbrokes-wdc-day-eight Obviously it changes for each day, but PDC website is a good place to find out highest checkouts. For in-play matches, I would suggest use Bet365 in-play. They show the highest checkouts for each leg. Hope this helps :ok

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 7pts K.Painter to beat R.Baxter 1.73 SkyBet 2pts K.Painter -1.5 to beat R.Baxter 2.30 Boylesport Painter comes into this with the better form I think. He has had a decent year and I think Ronnie struggled with Priestly to be honest. If Painter can keep it solid I fancy him to win here comfortably

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Cracking shouts this afternoon guys and at last it looks as though the tournament has started to get going with that Anderson-Bowles match a cracker. Onto tonight then and let's hope for an equally good session as this afternoon. Will do these in 2 posts so I get the first match up in time. Terry Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat John Part- 6/5 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Terry Jenkins (-2.5 180's) to beat John Part- Evens Blue Square- (3/10) There were a few concerns over Jenkins coming into his first round match with Steve Brown but he was always in control of that match and his scoring was extremely impressive as usual. The missed doubles that have crept into his game are a slight worry, but the thing is he will be outscoring Part for the majority so if he should have plenty of chances to finish the leg off. Part's not actually in bad form to be fair to him but his scoring ability really does worry me when up against Jenkins who can score as well as anyone on his day so he'll have to rely on the Bull missing his chances and blowing it. I don't think he'll do that though from what I saw of him in the first round and I think he'll win this 4-2 at the very worst. Also having one final stab at this 180 handicap market which frankly, has been a disaster for me so far. I'm backing the Bull to outscore Part by 3 on this front which may seem like a big difference, but Part really doesn't hit maximums very often whereas Jenkins does. In the first round, Jenkins hit 4 whilst Part hit 1 which shows the scoring difference. In fact, when these two met in Germany earlier in the year, Jenkins hit 6 maximums whilst Part didn't hit a single one and I just think Jenkins is good value to score a fair few more 180's than Part tonight.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship I needed that session :$. Going with a few tonight.

Friday night previews: 4pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Part 6/5 Ladbrokes Taking on John Part on this Alexandra Palace stage hasn’t always been the route to the profit house but I do believe it will be here because for my money Part just isn’t scoring. One thing Jenkins will always do is score heavily and he can sustain his scoring for long periods too so I just don’t see how Part will get into this match unless he either finds his heavy scoring or Jenkins misses an awful lot of doubles. I don’t see either happening though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-part-betting-terry-jenkins-can-come-through-a-tough-looking-second-round-test 4pts R.Thornton (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Nicholson Evs Paddy Power The missed doubles that has crept into Paul Nicholson’s game is becoming a real concern and such a concern that I fully expect Robert Thornton to win this match and win it with a bit in hand. Nicholson has never been a devastating scorer and although he can have patches of consistent scoring he can go off the boil too. With the injury problems he’s had this year Nicholson isn’t half the player he was a couple of years ago in my eyes and with the form Thornton is in I expect him to take care of the Asset in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-nicholson-betting-robert-thornton-can-be-too-good-for-nicholson-at-alexandra-palace 4pts J.Hendriks (+3.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor Evs Skybet I don’t think you’ll find too many people who doesn’t expect Taylor to win this but there’s no reason why Hendriks can’t win a set, especially given the doubles that Taylor has been missing recently. Even when he won the Players Championship earlier in the month he missed a heap of doubles against Andy Hamilton so you have to feel that Hendriks will get chances. He showed in the European Championship he can take them so I think he can win at least a set here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-hendriks-betting-jerry-hendriks-can-exploit-any-taylor-misses-to-take-at-least-a-set
3pts R.Thornton (-1) Most 180's vs P.Nicholson Evs Paddy Power Paul Nicholson has never been a heavy scorer and I don't expect to see that change tonight. He might hit a few 180's but there's every chance Thornton could be pushing double figures over a match of this length and that would be a total which is beyond Nicholson I feel. Nicholson is one of these players who use all the treble combinations from as early as the 300s whereas Thornton doesn't he just ploughs in the treble 20's. Nicholson didn't hit a single 180 in his opening match. Clearly that won't happen again here but neither will it be a London Bus job and he delivers plenty. However many 180's Nicholson hits in this match I think Thornton can cover him by a couple. 3pts J.Hendriks Most 180's vs P.Taylor 2/1 Skybet Jerry Hendriks outscored Taylor on the 180's in the first round and he also outscored him on them in their European Championship meeting too. Both men have different agendas tonight in reality. Taylor will be desperate to get through at all costs and will score whatever he can rather than worrying about 180's whereas Hendriks will just want to challenge and make it respectable so he can play with a little bit of freedom and get stuck into the 60 bed. If he gets a bit of confidence going I think the 180's might flow from him even in what will ultimately be a losing cause. We know Taylor likes a switch and I'm not expecting anything different tonight so the 2/1 on Hendriks who looks a steady scorer to hit the most 180's in this match looks a touch on the big side.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship one from me for tomorrow, PAINTER -1.5 SETS 5/4 V BAXTER these two go back a long way both were at the top of the BDO tree together, both switched around the same time and bothe have met on tv more than once, i recall a game at Blackpool probably coming on for 10 years ago it ended 17-15 or something like that in a first to 13 game! So they have previous of being closely matched, but for me baxter is now on a downhill spiral, he is starting to slip down the rankings and his tv displays of late have not been great, He has without doubt got to hav e his bottle questioned, two BDO finals,one hammered 6-0 in less than an hour, a final of his first Matchplay in the PDC snatchingb defeat from the hjaws of victory and indeed in the WC i recall he had Barneveld for the taking but missed two darts to knock him out, so Baxter has more previous than Jack the Ripper, for me he will struggle to take more than a set off Painter who before his PC win in 2011 had a similar trait as Baxter, losing big games he had bne foot over the winning post, no doubt we will have to put up with his "KFC" act "finger licking good" the "strictly" act the dance back and forth from the oche on the doubles, but if you can put up with the Painter doubles routine, and i find it bloody annoying! then tghis is a game i would back painter to win no worse than 4-1.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Few others for me as well then. Robert Thornton (-1.5 sets) to beat Paul Nicholson- Evens Bet365- (4/10) Robert Thornton (Most 180's) vs Paul Nicholson- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Kev has covered both of these so I've not got much to add. I'm already on Thornton outright so there's no real need for me to get involved here but I can't ignore these prices really. Thornton has had the best year of his life and he looked superb in the first round, averaging a shade under the 3 figure mark. The concern with him has always been his finishing as his scoring is extremely heavy but he seems to have sorted his doubles out now and that makes him an extremely dangerous customer. Nicholson beat Stompe in the first round which doesn't really turn any heads tbh and unless he scores far better and cuts out the missed doubles which he is prone to, I don't see him keeping up with Thornton really and I don't expect him to concede more than 2 sets in winning this one. The price isn't the most attractive for the Thorn to hit the most 180's but it's a battle I think he'll win and the price is just about good enough for me to get involved. Thornton is one of the heaviest scorers in the game whilst Nicholson doesn't hit an awful hot. He didn't manage any in the first round whereas Thornton hit 4 and I expect him to hit more again tonight. Phil Taylor vs Jerry Hendriks- Under 7.5 180's- 11/10 Boylesports- (3/10) You can get a slightly higher line but I like this price on this line. Taylor was really poor in the first round given his high standards and I expect him to be a lot better tonight, and you feel he needs to be really. The thing is with the Power these days, when he's not playing well he doesn't hit many 180's, and even when he's on fire, he doesn't hit tons either. Taylor covers a lot of the time meaning he doesn't go for the 180 sometimes even whe 2 are in the lipstick. I don't expect us to see anymore than 5 sets here maximum, and I actually think Taylor will win handsomely so I'm not sure how much time these two will get to actually cover this line so I'm happy to take the unders.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts R.Baxter to beat K.Painter 6/5 Bet365 I was amazed to look at the head to head record between these two and see that Baxter has won 14 of their last 17 meetings and 8 of their last 9. For two guys who are fairly evenly matched and whose careers have both been around the same level throughout I expected it to be quite close but it seems Baxter has a clear recent edge particularly as Painter has been higher in the rankings over the last couple of years or so. Both men are steady but with the confidence of his record against Painter behind him I like Baxter here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/painter-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-can-continue-his-stranglehold-over-kevin-painter 3pts M.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Lloyd 6/5 Betfred The big thing for Mark Webster in this match is backing up his excellent first round performance. We saw in the Grand Slam that he played well against Scott Waites but then it didn’t happen for him in the two matches after that so he needs to repeat that performance here. In fairness he could barely have hand picked a better opponent than Colin Lloyd who is more camera shy in terms of results than anyone I’ve ever seen. Lloydy was bigging himself up after his win over Young which is often when it goes tits up for the lad and I expect Webster, if he can repeat his first round performance, or get close to it, to be too good for Jaws here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/webster-vs-lloyd-betting-mark-webster-can-see-off-colin-lloyd-is-he-repeats-his-first-round-performance 6pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 sets) to beat B.Dolan 8/11 Coral This Raymond Barneveld really does remind me of the one which won the title in 2007. He’s scoring 180’s like he did back then and he looks really in the zone at the minute and I fear Dolan could be on the wrong end of a bit of a shellacking here. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this ends 4-0 to Barneveld because I don’t see Dolan keeping up with the scoring or the finishing but I’ll play safe and give Dolan a set at worst. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-dolan-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-storm-past-brendan-dolan-in-second-round

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Saturday evening previews: 4pts S.Rand to beat W.Newton 13/8 Betfred I like Scott Rand here. He loves the big stage and plays up to it and that makes him a dangerous customer. Wes Newton is a classy player there’s no doubt about that but he has patches of being average in matches and I’m not convinced he can afford that here. Rand doesn’t tend to drop his level at any stage in matches and assuming his first round performance wasn’t a flash in the pan, and I don’t think it was, then I think Rand is the value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-rand-betting-scott-rand-can-upset-wes-newton-in-the-second-round-of-the-world-championship 3pts S.Whitlock vs C.Osborne - Over 5.5 sets 13/8 Paddy Power Since he won the European Championship a few missed doubles have started creeping into Whitlock’s game and if he misses a few here then he could keep Osborne in the match enough for him to bag a couple of sets. Osborne is generally good under pressure and he’ll need to be here but the signs in his first round match were encouraging and given that he might get more chances than we’d normally expect I think it is worth a punt on over 5.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-osborne-betting-simon-whitlock-could-present-enough-chances-to-make-this-a-lengthy-match 4pts A.Lewis 3 dart average vs D.Ovens - Under 95.5 5/6 BetVictor Adrian Lewis shouldn’t lose this match but I’m not expecting a classic here and I think the line on his three dart average could be a bit on the high side. He has only averaged over 95.5 on TV twice and one of them was against Phil Taylor who always brings out the best in him. He only averaged 83.14 in the first round against Gino Vos and that was with a decent enough last set. 95.5 could be beyond him in what isn’t going to be a classic. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-ovens-betting-adrian-lewis-can-continue-to-average-lower-than-we-expect-against-denis-ovens

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Good day for me yesterday which I needed. Going with four this afternoon.

Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts R.Baxter to beat K.Painter 6/5 Bet365 I was amazed to look at the head to head record between these two and see that Baxter has won 14 of their last 17 meetings and 8 of their last 9. For two guys who are fairly evenly matched and whose careers have both been around the same level throughout I expected it to be quite close but it seems Baxter has a clear recent edge particularly as Painter has been higher in the rankings over the last couple of years or so. Both men are steady but with the confidence of his record against Painter behind him I like Baxter here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/painter-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-can-continue-his-stranglehold-over-kevin-painter 3pts M.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Lloyd 6/5 Betfred The big thing for Mark Webster in this match is backing up his excellent first round performance. We saw in the Grand Slam that he played well against Scott Waites but then it didn’t happen for him in the two matches after that so he needs to repeat that performance here. In fairness he could barely have hand picked a better opponent than Colin Lloyd who is more camera shy in terms of results than anyone I’ve ever seen. Lloydy was bigging himself up after his win over Young which is often when it goes tits up for the lad and I expect Webster, if he can repeat his first round performance, or get close to it, to be too good for Jaws here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/webster-vs-lloyd-betting-mark-webster-can-see-off-colin-lloyd-is-he-repeats-his-first-round-performance 6pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 sets) to beat B.Dolan 8/11 Coral This Raymond Barneveld really does remind me of the one which won the title in 2007. He’s scoring 180’s like he did back then and he looks really in the zone at the minute and I fear Dolan could be on the wrong end of a bit of a shellacking here. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this ends 4-0 to Barneveld because I don’t see Dolan keeping up with the scoring or the finishing but I’ll play safe and give Dolan a set at worst. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-dolan-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-storm-past-brendan-dolan-in-second-round
3pts R.Baxter Over 4.5 180's Evs BetVictor Ronnie Baxter isn't the heaviest 180 hitter in the world but he's consistent enough and given that I think we'll see at least 6 sets in this match we won't even need him to average one 180 per set. He hit 3 180's against Dennis Priestley in a match which he struggled for rhythm in. He'll get a much better pace in this match so I would expect to see him score a lot better and over a long match which I think this will be then I expect to see 5 180's from the Rocket and of course if it isn't a long match and Baxter wins then the chances are he's done some heavy scoring along the way so this line and price looks nice to me.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 5/10 Webster to beat Lloyd @ 1.62 Pinnacle I'm a little bit wondering about this odds, same as the form of Webster in the first match. It was very good. And i think, if he can hold this form.. It will a clearly win for him. Lloyd don't have enough quality to win here.

5/10 Webster to beat Lloyd @ 1.62 Pinnacle I'm a little bit wondering about this odds, same as the form of Webster in the first match. It was very good. And i think, if he can hold this form.. It will a clearly win for him. Lloyd don't have enough quality to win here.
You're spot on with what you said mate. I have little time for Colin Lloyd and I will be lumping on whoever he is against in the next round to make back the money I've just lost on Webster. Pretty frustrated at the result we've just witnessed.

4pts S.Rand to beat W.Newton 13/8 Betfred I like Scott Rand here. He loves the big stage and plays up to it and that makes him a dangerous customer. Wes Newton is a classy player there’s no doubt about that but he has patches of being average in matches and I’m not convinced he can afford that here. Rand doesn’t tend to drop his level at any stage in matches and assuming his first round performance wasn’t a flash in the pan, and I don’t think it was, then I think Rand is the value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-rand-betting-scott-rand-can-upset-wes-newton-in-the-second-round-of-the-world-championship
I normally think your tips are spot on Kev and often agree with them and read them just to give me confidence to back my own tips. However, I think this tournament you've had a lot of bizarre shouts (A. Jenkins, D. Webster, Priestley to name but a few) and I think this Scott Rand one is another to add to that list. All of the other top players in this round have had odds of between 1/8 and 1/33 and I would have expected Wes Newton to have been nearer those sort of odds as he too is a top player. I'd have happily taken 1/4 on Wes Newton, so to get 8/15 is a huge early Christmas present, as it takes a far better player than Scott Rand to beat Wes Newton over a long match like this. Wes Newton to beat Scott Rand at a widely available 8/15.

You're spot on with what you said mate. I have little time for Colin Lloyd and I will be lumping on whoever he is against in the next round to make back the money I've just lost on Webster. Pretty frustrated at the result we've just witnessed.
Yes, what a contrast with the first round of both.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship scott rand should be slight fav after first round performances imo 13/8 is a crazy price ..i also like scott rand -1.5 9/4 sky beT, i was'nt impressed with wes and dont feel hes in the best of form were as rand average was about 97 in a 5 setter hes in great form ,big value in these bets

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 2/10 Rand to beat Newton @ 2.42 Pinnacle Okay, Newton should be light fav here. But Rand playing very well in the first. Now, we saw early today that this will say nothing (Webster against Lloyd). But, i will see some value here. If Rand can play like the first match, he should win here i guess.

I normally think your tips are spot on Kev and often agree with them and read them just to give me confidence to back my own tips. However, I think this tournament you've had a lot of bizarre shouts (A. Jenkins, D. Webster, Priestley to name but a few) and I think this Scott Rand one is another to add to that list. All of the other top players in this round have had odds of between 1/8 and 1/33 and I would have expected Wes Newton to have been nearer those sort of odds as he too is a top player. I'd have happily taken 1/4 on Wes Newton, so to get 8/15 is a huge early Christmas present, as it takes a far better player than Scott Rand to beat Wes Newton over a long match like this. Wes Newton to beat Scott Rand at a widely available 8/15.
Newton may well win but top player? I'm not convinced. I can think of at least 10 players I would say is better than him right now. If anything I think Newton is too short at 8/15. He has to find 11pts on the averages from the first round even though Newton didn't play as many legs and Rand has won the last 3 between the two. I'm more than happy to be on Rand.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Two for me tonight. Missed some prices. This one is 6/4 with Stan James....

Saturday evening previews: 4pts S.Rand to beat W.Newton 13/8 Betfred I like Scott Rand here. He loves the big stage and plays up to it and that makes him a dangerous customer. Wes Newton is a classy player there’s no doubt about that but he has patches of being average in matches and I’m not convinced he can afford that here. Rand doesn’t tend to drop his level at any stage in matches and assuming his first round performance wasn’t a flash in the pan, and I don’t think it was, then I think Rand is the value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-rand-betting-scott-rand-can-upset-wes-newton-in-the-second-round-of-the-world-championship
4pts S.Whitlock Over 5.5 180's 5/6 Boylesports I like this line on Simon Whitlock. The trend in this round so far has been for plenty of 180's and I expect similar from the Australian who can really plough into the 60 bed when he gets cracking. He wasn't at his best around the 60 in the first round but there were reasons for that. He was on last at night after a couple of long battles which is never easy and he was playing a preliminary round winner who while was capable was never really ever going to beat Whitlock and he cruised through really. I expect him to be much better tonight and I expect a fair bit of mileage in the game although we saw with Baxter earlier we may not need that long anyway. I think we'll see six sets in this match so 1 180 a set isn't asking too much of one of the heavier scorers in the game.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Taking a fair few tonight and will do them across 2 posts so I get the first match up in time. Scott Rand (+1.5 sets) to beat Wes Newton- 4/5 Boylesports (4/10) Wes Newton 3 Dart Average Under 96.5- 4/5 BetVictor- (5/10) Highest Checkout Over 130- 17/20 Sportingbet- (2/10) I'm not quite as brave as the others in taking Rand for the outright win given the amount of games we've seen go to sudden death over the past couple of days but I agree he is overpriced here and I expect him to go with Newton all the way if not beat him. Rand is extremely confident and fears nobody and you can see just how confident he is and how much he loves being on that stage. He was superb in beating Kim Huybrechts and you can't really fault anything about his game against the Belgian. Wes Newton despite winning more comfortably than Rand scorewise, he only averaged around the 87 mark and he didn't score overly well and he'll have to fix that tonight if he is to win this one. Rand just looked the far more impressive in the first round and he won't fear Newton here given he has beaten him in the previous 2 matches they've played and I fancy him to win at least 3 sets here, if not the match. The average line for Newton looks too high for my liking as well. He averaged just 86.90 in the first round and although he'll definitely up that tonight, to up it a full 10 points is a tough ask. In fact in the second half of the year, his average has dropped a little bit, and he only covered this line once at the Grand Slam recently and didn't cover it in the Players Championship either. He has little periods during matches where he doesn't score particularly well whilst he is missing a few doubles at the minute which lowers the average automatically and all things considered, I don't think he'll average any better than the 95 mark tonight. Also having a little play on the checkout market. It's set a little low than other places have it and I see no reason why the two can't cover it. Neither player is bad with the combination finishes and given how I expect this to be a close affair, there should be chance a plenty for at least one decent checkout. Both are generally confident players and finishing is usually pretty solid for both so I'll back there to be a decent finish in this one.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship And the rest for me. Agreed with Kev on the whole. Simon Whitlock Over 5.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) I'm already on Whitlock for the outright so no need for me to get involved with handicaps but I do like this line. Whitlock didn't show what he can do scoring wise really in the first round, but we've seen players really start to get going in the second round and I expect the Aussie to do the same. Even when he's in bad form, Whitlock is always likely to hit maximums but he's had a superb year and scored well throughout the tournaments. He should play better than he did in his first round and in that, should come 6 maximums at the least. Adrian Lewis vs Denis Ovens- Under 9.5 180's- 5/6 BetVictor- (4/10) Adrian Lewis Average Under 95.5- 8/11 Boylesports- (4/10) I don't expect Lewis to have any problems here because even at 50%, he'll win here as Ovens doesn't score well enough to trouble Lewis. The world champion usually raises his game when he needs to and that comes against the better players. Ovens won't be good enough to trouble Lewis and that's why I don't expect him to play anywhere near his best tonight. He's had a shocking year by all accounts anyway and his first round win against Gino Vos underlined that and if he was up against a better player, he probably would have lost. I'm expecting him to win but I really don't think he'll average near the 3 figure mark so the unders for me. Also I'm taking the unders on the 180's as unless Lewis goes 180 mad, this line should be too high. Ovens may hit a couple but he's not a massive scorer and given how I expect him to struggle, it's going to be up to Lewis to hit 6 or so to cover this line and with the way he's playing at the minute, I'm not so sure he will do that. I do only expect 4 sets really, 5 at the very most and in that time, I don't think we'll see anymore than 9 maximums.