** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 PDC World Darts Championship

Fader

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship wes newton total 180's under 6.5 odds @ 1.72 bet365 there has been alot of disscussion on wes newton so far and for what its worth i think he will beat walsh easily tommorow. i think odds are to small for me on the match result so gone for this. newton isnt the biggest 180 hitter i think only 5 all tournament. one of the reasons for this is he is a good switcher and is succesful on treble 19.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Thursday evening previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs C.Lloyd - Under 21.5 legs 4/5 Skybet I just don’t think Colin Lloyd has the game to win this match. Even on a bad day Michael van Gerwen is averaging 95 these days and Lloyd isn’t at that level which is why MVG has won their last 6 meetings – most of them with more than a bit in hand. There’s no value in MVG or the handicap but the total legs line looks a little high at 21.5. If MVG clicks from the start he’ll win this 4-0 but he could afford to drop a set and still not see 22 legs so that’s a line I like the look of here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-lloyd-betting-michael-van-gerwen-can-get-the-job-done-in-less-than-22-legs 5pts R.Barneveld vs G.Anderson - Over 15.5 180's 10/11 BetVictor It doesn’t take a genius to work out this match will be littered with 180’s and I can’t help but think the 15.5 180’s line is a little on the low side. Gary Anderson hit 19 in his win over John Bowles but Barneveld has started hitting them like they are going out of fashion again so there could be nearer 25 180’s than 15 in this match particularly if it goes the distance. I’m more than happy to take the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-anderson-betting-pick-of-the-third-round-ties-should-contain-plenty-of-180-s 4pts K.Painter to beat A.Lewis 13/8 Boylesports Kevin Painter has a winning record over Adrian Lewis and if you take out their Championship League meetings which don’t mean much in the grand scheme of things his record over Lewis becomes quite a dominant one. These two met in the World Matchplay a couple of years ago when Lewis was playing well and Painter took him to sudden death there despite not being in peak form. Painter is playing as well as he’s ever done at the minute and Lewis arguably as badly as he ever has so the form line here makes Painter look a very solid bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-end-the-lewis-reign-at-the-palace

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Hope everyone had a good Christmas and on a personal level, I hope Santa has given me a change in fortune. Few for me in the afternoon session... Simon Whitlock vs Dave Chisnall- Over 14.5 180's- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) I'm already on Whitlock outright so not bothering with handicaps or anything although I do think he will win. I do expect a fair few maximums in this one though regardless of the winner. Chisnall has scored extremely well in his 2 matches and that is underlined by the fact he hit 10 maximums in just 5 sets in the second round so Chizzy can go some way to covering this line on his own. He knows he'll have to score well here because he's always going to be second best on the finishing you feel. Simon Whitlock hasn't been anywhere near his best in truth but there were signs with his finishing against Colin Osborne that he is slowly getting better. One thing he hasn't done too much of yet is find his scoring power but I think that will change tomorrow. He knows he'll have to start playing better if he is to be a contender for the tournament and to do that, he'll need to start scoring far better than he has done so far. With Chisnall likely to be rattling in the maximums, that should bring the best out of Whitlock as well scoring wise and I'd be surprised if we don't see at least 15 180's here. James Wade (-1.5 sets) to beat Vincent van der Voort- 4/6 Boylesports- (10/10) My biggest bet of the tournament and first max bet for me so far and it comes in the shape of the handicap on James Wade. I expected the line to be a set more on the handicap and I don't expect Wade to drop more than 2 sets in winning tomorrow. There were a lot of doubts over him coming into Ally Pally but he seems fine to me and he seems pretty positive in his interviews which is a good sign. Average wise he isn't turning any heads, but his finishing is still extremely solid as you would expect with Wade, whilst his scoring hasn't been too bad either. Vincent van der Voort is playing a lot better than he has done for much of the year and you have to give credit to him for pulling through against Dean Winstanley, in a game where Deano hit tons of maximums and even a 9 darter. If he scores well, he'll have his chances because Wade isn't the heaviest scorer in the world, but the Dutchman still misses a fair few doubles and against Wade, you can't afford to do that. He is perhaps the most clinical finisher in the game and when given a chance, he'll hit far more than he'll miss. With his scoring gradually improving with every game he plays, I just think his finishing will be too much for van der Voort here and I think Wade wins this no worse than 4-2. Dave Chisnall Most 180's in Afternoon Session- 2/1 BetVictor (3/10) Like the look of Chizzy in this market. I think Whitlock will beat him tomorrow but one thing you always get with Chisnall, well two things are missed doubles and more notably, heavy scoring. So far in his 2 matches, he has hit 5 180's in 3 sets and then 10 in 5 sets which shows his scoring power. If his game with Whitlock has some legs on it tomorrow, he could well go close to matching Anderson's tally the other day but certainly doubles figures you would imagine at the worse. With Lewis and MVG in the evening session, there's not really another prominent 180 scorer in the session barring Whitlock and although I expect the Aussie to find his scoring power tomorrow, I still think Chisnall will outscore him on the maximums front and I think he is good value to hit the most in the session. Newton, Whitlock and Wade to win- 7/4 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Usually don't tend to get involved with the 'special' markets but think these 3 are a decent price combined to progress tomorrow. Newton upped his game considerably to beat Scott Rand and his all round game was almost perfect. If he scores and finishes like he did in that one, I'm unsure to how Mark Walsh will live with him. Walsh is extremely consistent but doesn't really have the ability to match Newton's game and I'd expect the man from Fleetwood to win that one. I think Whitlock will improve tomorrow in truth and providing he scores better, he should have Chisnall's number given Chizzy will miss doubles from time to time which the Aussie shouldn't do if he improves. That match could be a cracker, filled with lots of 180's but I think the Aussie will prevail in that one. And I've spoken about James Wade. He looks fine to me. Not at his best but his average at the minute should be good enough to beat van der Voort comfortably. If the Dutchman doesn't score as well as he can, he's a bit stuffed there as Wade will always be better on his doubles and that's where I see the difference being tomorrow. All in all, I fancy the 3 favourites tomorrow and at the 7/4 price, it's good enough for me to back all 3.

I know practice doesn't mean a lot but I noticed Lewis said in the press that he is actually throwing better then ever and has thrown a few nine darters in practice. Just something to keep in mind. I think Whitlock at around the $1.60 mark looks terrific value. Chisnall just doesn't hit doubles consistently enough and I expect Whitlock to really put him to the sword when it counts.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Adrian Lewis Outright @ 14/1 Paddypower Haven't been able to watch much of the tournament this year which I've been a bit gutted about but as we all know alot can happen at the world championships and with Taylor at a measly 11/5 and MVG at only 3/1 I feel the value lies elsewhere at this stage of the tournament. I really can't believe Lewis is at these odds and see no reason why he shouldn't win a 3rd title here, Taylor hasn't been at his best this season and from the rest of the field it's hard to choose between a few of them so i'm going for the man who has been there and won it the last 2 years in a row. He knows what needs to be done and if he plays as he knows he can he should go far.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Going with a few more this afternoon. All in this post. Apologies for being a bit late.

Thursday afternoon previews: 4pts W.Newton (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Walsh 8/11 William Hill I’m not sure steady and solid will get the job done for Walsh here and unless he finds an extra gear which I’m not sure he possesses then I would expect him to be beaten here and beaten quite comfortably. I still don’t think Wes Newton is as consistent as some of the other top players but if he has anything about him and if he has ambitions of winning this tournament he should win this easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-walsh-betting-wes-newton-can-breeze-into-the-quarter-finals-at-walsh-s-expense 5pts S.Whitlock vs D.Chisnall - Over 14.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square This should be one of the matches of the last 16 and it is a match I expect to be very high scoring. These two are both heavy scorers and even though we haven’t seen the best of Whitlock in the scoring phase of the game yet he will know the need to up his game with the matches getting harder and harder from here on in. Chisnall will score heavily so I expect to see at least 15 180’s in a match which could easily go the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-chisnall-betting-pick-of-thursday-afternoon-s-matches-can-contain-a-lot-of-180s 4pts J.Wade vs V.van der Voort - Over 5.5 sets 10/11 Bet365 I think this could be a closer match than the bookmakers are making out. The two TV matches between these two were both close matches and with Van der Voort beginning to score heavier again I think this will go at least six sets if not all the way to a seventh. Wade will be outscored at times in this match but his finishing will keep him in it so I like the look of over 5.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-van-der-voort-betting-final-match-of-thursday-afternoon-could-be-closer-than-the-odds-suggest
4pts W.Newton vs M.Walsh - Under 11.5 180's 5/6 Blue Square 3pts Highest Checkout - Over 130.5 5/6 Blue Square I don't think this will be a classic to start the day in terms of scoring but the way Wesley was finishing the other night there's no reason why we won't see some high checkouts. Walsh is competent enough with the finishing to make me believe we'll see one which checkout in this match and in his previous round he played six sets and only hit 5 180's. 6 sets is the most I see us getting in this match and I wouldn't be surprised if we see even less than that. Newton has never played as well as he did against Rand the other night and even then he only hit 5 180's in four sets so for us to see 12 here we are going to have to see more than the average from both players. You get the feeling the tournament starts again after a break and it might just start without the heavy scoring we saw before the Christmas break. 3pts D.Chisnall to beat S.Whitlock 8/5 Sportingbet Dave Chisnall seems to enjoy playing Simon Whitlock. He has a really good record against the Wizard. If we take out their Championship League meetings which were 3-3 anyway, Chisnall has a 7-1 head to head record over the Wizard including 4 wins this year and one late last year. Chisnall is scoring beautifully in this tournament at the minute and if that continues and Whitlock doesn't find his power scoring, which he hasn't so far in the event, then the Australian could be in trouble. The key thing for Chisnall is hitting the doubles. He's been doing that really well so far in the event and given the way he scores if he carries on hitting the doubles then he can repeat his win over Phil Taylor last year by taking out another top player here. 3pts J.Wade vs V.van der Voort - Over 10.5 180's Evs Stan James Both these men have scored well in the tournament to date and there's no reason why that won't continue here. I think we'll see a close match which should give us plenty of time to get these 180's in. It's only an average of 5.5 180's each for this line to be covered but the line is low enough that if Vincent is in good form around the 60 he could cover it on his own. Wade has hit 4 and 5 180's in 3 and 6 sets though and I expect to see at least 6 sets here so Wade should be good for his half of the deal and I'm more than happy Vincent is good enough for his half so I like the overs here.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3/10 Wade -1.5 sets to beat van der Voort @ 1.67 12Bet Okay, van der Voort playing good thistournament. But you can see this tournament, when Wade is focussed. He can win from every player. And i think Wade can focussed tonight. See some good value here.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 4pts 4-0 Correct score M.Van Gerwen v C.Lloyd 3.40 Boylesport I can't see any chance here for Lloyd atall. Van Gerwen was ridiculously good once he went 2-0 down to Wright and even if he plays bad here I fancy him to win this with ease. His average was 120+ at one point and his doubling was just as good. I don't think anyone will stop him until the final.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship

The best bet I've found for the next set of games is over 77.5 180s on Thursday which I was surprised to get at evens on BetVictor. I really thought they'd be looking at a total of 90+ 180s. I prefer this line for the total of all six matches rather than risking trying to choose which particular games will go over or under a certain mark. It only works out at 6.5 180s per player which I think should be very achievable as some should probably hit more than double that.
That's a really bad tip from me. I've totally miscalculated here, I really shouldn't be getting a bet like that so horribly wrong. Sorry to anybody who took my advice on that one. That's why I don't generally like to post tips because I don't want people losing money based on my advice but in this case someone specifically asked for a tip so that's why I posted it. Apologies again.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Just these two for me tonight. Hoping this talk of MVG's foot problem is being overexaggerated but no point in taking the risk.

5pts R.Barneveld vs G.Anderson - Over 15.5 180's 10/11 BetVictor It doesn’t take a genius to work out this match will be littered with 180’s and I can’t help but think the 15.5 180’s line is a little on the low side. Gary Anderson hit 19 in his win over John Bowles but Barneveld has started hitting them like they are going out of fashion again so there could be nearer 25 180’s than 15 in this match particularly if it goes the distance. I’m more than happy to take the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-anderson-betting-pick-of-the-third-round-ties-should-contain-plenty-of-180-s 4pts K.Painter to beat A.Lewis 13/8 Boylesports Kevin Painter has a winning record over Adrian Lewis and if you take out their Championship League meetings which don’t mean much in the grand scheme of things his record over Lewis becomes quite a dominant one. These two met in the World Matchplay a couple of years ago when Lewis was playing well and Painter took him to sudden death there despite not being in peak form. Painter is playing as well as he’s ever done at the minute and Lewis arguably as badly as he ever has so the form line here makes Painter look a very solid bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-end-the-lewis-reign-at-the-palace

That's a really bad tip from me. I've totally miscalculated here, I really shouldn't be getting a bet like that so horribly wrong. Sorry to anybody who took my advice on that one. That's why I don't generally like to post tips because I don't want people losing money based on my advice but in this case someone specifically asked for a tip so that's why I posted it. Apologies again.
We all have them mate. We all put our picks up in good faith but it is still up to those who follow to decide whether or not to do it :ok. You'd have needed to be a psychic to have seen Whitlock and Chisnall playing 7 sets and only hitting 13 180's. Just one of those days sadly :sad.

3/10 Wade -1.5 sets to beat van der Voort @ 1.67 12Bet Okay, van der Voort playing good thistournament. But you can see this tournament, when Wade is focussed. He can win from every player. And i think Wade can focussed tonight. See some good value here.
Winner today. Next bet for this evening: 4/10 van Barneveld to beat Anderson @ 1.77 Pinnacle I think this odd is a little bit to high for Barney. I think that Anderson will not throw the same averages as the first two rounds and i think he will continue to struggle on his doubles like the second round. Barneveld was great in the first match, he plays like the old Barney and i think he will win here today.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Needed that session badly and it takes me back up to +7.65 for the tournament. Taking a few tonight but think it's a session to be enjoyed and watched rather than go mad with bets. Michael van Gerwen vs Colin Lloyd- Over 10.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (3/10) Highest Checkout Over 130.5- 20/23 Boylesports- (3/10) Was going to back MVG initially in some form but apparently he's hurt his foot so I'm not entirely sure how fit he is for tonight. I still expect him to win but if he lets that play on his mind, Lloyd could spring a surprise here. Regardless of that, I expect a few 180's in this one as well as a decent checkout. Both players score well and MVG covered the 180's line on his own against Peter Wright and when you consider Lloyd is pretty decent himself around the lipstick, both should chip away and cover this line. As we know, MVG is extremely good on the combination finishes as well so he could quite comfortably hit a couple of finishes above the checkout whilst we all remember that 170 Colin Lloyd took out when winning the Matchplay but he is capable of taking out a big finish himself and even if MVG blows Lloyd away, I fancy both of these lines to be covered. Gary Anderson Over 8.5 180's- 4/5 BetVictor- (6/10) Highest Checkout Over 130.5- 3/4 Boylesports- (4/10) I really can't call this one to be honest and the only way I see this failing to turn into something a bit special is if Anderson misses almost all of his doubles but I don't think he will. I say that because it's a guarantee that he will score well and also that he will miss a ton of doubles so providing he hits a decent percentage, this has the potential to be an absolute cracker. They played out a superb match in the latter stages of the PL and this could go all the way as well. Anderson though hit a record breaking 19 maximums in his lucky escape against John Bowles whilst he hit 5 in the first match as well. He will miss doubles but we all know about the Scot's scoring power and I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't reach double figures again 180's wise. Again, a decent checkout shouldn't be too much to ask of the two. If this does turn into a classic filled with maximums galore, there should be a decent checkout somewhere along the line. Barney has been finishing well for some time now whilst Anderson, despite missing a ton of doubles, does hit some decent finishes and his combination finishes come out of the blue and if this match delivers, I expect at least one checkout above the 131 mark.

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship And a final couple for me in the final match. Pretty similar bets to the previous games in truth... Over 12.5 180's- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Highest Checkout Over 130.5- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) If Lewis doesn't improve he is toast here as Painter is a few steps up from what he's beaten so far. Lewis' averages so far in the tournament have been shocking in truth but secretly, I expect him to be better tonight and he'll know he has to be. Despite not playing well, he's not been too bad on the 180 front with 5 a piece in his 2 matches and even when he's not playing well, he still does hit a fair few 180's. Painter has been scoring extremely well and that was shown by his 11 180's against Ronnie Baxter. Lewis can go close to covering this line on his own if he improves but with Painter scoring the way he is right now he is more than capable of chipping in as well so I fancy the overs on the 180 line. Also like the look of the overs on the checkout line which looks way too low to me. Both of these players are up there finishing wise when they are playing well and are amongst the best in the game with combination finishes. Painter has already taken out some big shots in the tournament whilst Lewis can take out big finishes even when he's struggling so the overs looks the right bet to me.

I thought Whitlock played a bit weird on the 180's....Anyone else?
2 large bets placed on the unders in north London shops within 200yards of each other.Probably just a coincidence but I would never back 180s.37 180s today so far(almost complete) with the best players as opposed to 97 last week in one day.Thats what happens when markets get drawn up 4 days before the games.People are going to pester the players for days for tips and the easiest way without losing is to just switch down. Very strange day today of darts,but maybe just all a a coincidence,I certainly hope so

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 28 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Van Barneveld, R (19:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Hamilton, A (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 29 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Van Gerwen, M (19:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Wade, J (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship Friday previews: 4pts R.Barneveld (-1.5 sets) to beat S.Whitlock 11/10 Ladbrokes I expect Raymond Barneveld to win this because he isn’t showing a weakness in his game at the minute. Unless Simon Whitlock scores very heavily then I think he’ll come up short. I don’t like all these stupid routes Whitlock has not just on checkouts but to set up checkouts and I’m convinced against the top players he’ll win a lot more matches if he just focuses on scoring around the 20. Still that’s not Barney’s concern and I think he’ll win this no worse than 5-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-barneveld-betting-raymond-barneveld-looks-in-the-mood-to-give-whitlock-a-beating 4pts A.Hamilton (+2.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor Evs Betfred Hamilton has never beaten Taylor on TV but he came so close to doing it when the two met in the Players Championship finals at the start of the month when he led 9-5 before losing 10-9. I was impressed with Hamilton when he said he learnt a lot from that defeat and I don’t think he’ll shirk the challenge here. If Taylor is to beat Hamilton he will need to up his game and beat him because Hamilton won’t give this away. Whether the Hammer can hold himself together enough to win remains to be seen but I’m confident he’ll win three sets at the very least. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-hamilton-betting-andy-hamilton-can-push-the-power-to-the-limit-in-quarter-final

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship R. Van Barneveld most 180's in match v S.Whitlock @ 1.72 as previously mentioned whitlocks choices especially in last game were a bit strange. he took a while to get his first 180 yesterday. i think tho this is alot down to him preferring to switch at any oppurtunity. he is succesful on the treble 19 and 18. barneys darts are flowing now which i wish i never doubted him as he looks in good shape. not many 180's last night but that game was hardly brilliant and was over too quick. he still managed to beat anderson on the 180's tho.

R. Van Barneveld most 180's in match v S.Whitlock @ 1.72 as previously mentioned whitlocks choices especially in last game were a bit strange. he took a while to get his first 180 yesterday. i think tho this is alot down to him preferring to switch at any oppurtunity. he is succesful on the treble 19 and 18. barneys darts are flowing now which i wish i never doubted him as he looks in good shape. not many 180's last night but that game was hardly brilliant and was over too quick. he still managed to beat anderson on the 180's tho.
I'm with you on this one but I fancy Barney to win this market with a bit to spare so have taken the following Barney most 180s -1 handicap @ 2.10 PaddyPower Some great work in here as always guys

Re: 2013 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts Hamilton to bt Taylor 10/3 Stan James I feel the days of Hamilton rollling over and having his belly tickled by Taylor are long gone now, i have liked what ive seen from the hammer this tournament and of the two he has been the better player.I just feel as long as mentally Hamilton isnt beat he will put the lights out on the power tonight.