** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November

Aidymac

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Over 3.5 goals: 13/8 with Stanjames Quite simply, I see goals here. City's form doesn't inspire confidence at all. Tottenham have already played the other title challengers United and Chelsea and those matches went over 4.5 and over 5.5 respectively. The bookies are well on to the over 2.5 (as you'd expect) so going for the over 3.5 as it's still lower than the amount of goals in the United and Chelsea games and much better odds than the over 2.5 (obviously!) I'm sure some people will point out I'm being harsh on City seeing as they've kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 games, but those games were against Sunderland, Swansea and West Ham. Hoping (and expecting) this will be an open game and hopefully the goals will come. Defoe, Dempsey, Bale and even Vertonghen could all get a decent chance or two against this City side. Admittedly, City are still strong at home in the league, but who has enough confidence in them at the moment at a best-priced 8/13? Not me.

I can see city really sinking their teeth into this one. Like arsenal I've just got a feeling that we could see 3 or 4 goal demolitions in both games. The key factor in this game for me is will man city play the usual mundane first 45 or will they come out blazing ? I actually can see the latter and if I remember correctly the last fixture between these teams was 3-2 and 5-1 before that. You know both these teams will attack in the last half but if they sniff a couple of early ones I think this will be another goal fest. These will be the bets I will be taking. Over 3.5 into arsenal-fullham over 3.5. $5.80 tab sportsbet. Man city win by 2+ into arsenal 2+ $5.65 tab sportsbet. You will find better odds shopping around.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November A few things to note. Man City are not playing great soccer, they are out of form, and confidence is not high. Something is not clicking, and they are just not flowing. Not showing anything like last year. Spurs have already showed their mettle by beating United at OT. They have won their last 3 away games, scoring 3 3 and 2 goals. I think they will really be up for this game. Tottenham have dominated this fixture winning 6 of the last 10, with one draw and 3 losses (2 of the losses were the last 2 fixtures 3-2 and 1-0). I'm going to add this to my gamble treble or double for the weekend and will go with Spurs to cause an upset here at 5/1 on bet365. Another stat to look at is over/under 1st half goals. City have been under 1.5 1st half goals 79% of the time , at home in the last 2 seasons (24 games) stats here http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/soccer-exact-goals Bet365 offer 8/15 (1.53) for under 1.5 first half goals. ie they expect this to occur 65% of the time The odds should really be around 1.4 for this probability (assuming midpoint of 72% for city under 1.5 1st half goals). Neil.

I honestly can't think of any reason to justify such a short price on Man City here. Fair enough they do have a superb home record, I'm just not confident In backing City at all right now. So the value has to be on Spurs to at least get a point. Over 2.5 goals would be my main bet. It's hard to imagine a dull 0-0 here! City have quite a few injuries now, don't look cohesive. Mancini is being linked to different clubs. Defensively they look like conceding even against far weaker opponents. Then you have a couple of players in Tevez and Ballotelli who clearly aren't good for the harmony of the dressing room. I'm not 100% bothered in which of City's stars are set to play because whomever they put out will clearly be top class, and should have enough to win. But as we know, it's never that easy and City have been complacently poor all season. I also think getting knocked out of the CL will play a huge part mentally as they were clearly geared up to aim high in that competition, and now they've won the EPL it's a bit of a consolation prize. Over 2.5 goals @ 1.67 - bet365.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November

Then you have a couple of players in Tevez and Ballotelli who clearly aren't good for the harmony of the dressing room. Over 2.5 goals @ 1.67 - bet365.
Spot on. At Inter Milan, Jose Mourinho told Ballotelli to get lost, and stay away from the squad. Tevez should have been transferred last season, after his can't/won't , ' I know nothing' (Fawlty towers) nonsense . Embarrassed the club, undermined the manager and completely diluted authority. Try that one at Old Trafford :) I was trying to find the article where John W. Henry described Man United's screening and buying of players. He said their screening and psychological analysis policy was near 'genius'. When Fergie dumped Tevez off to man City everyone thought he was losing it. Neil.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November I can see spurs playing this games exactly the same way like they did against man utd at old Trafford. So playing on the counter against city with they way they have been defending seems extremely good value But for me I'm going to go for the obvious Both teams to score - 10 points

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November *Manchester City WIN @ 8/13 Ladbrokes* Can't see anything but a City win here. Yes, they are playing terrible at the moment, but i think they will beat Spurs even in 2nd gear. Dembele is a huge loss for Spurs, along with Parker and Assou-Ekotto. I am not sure about Sandro, apparently he is 50/50 at the moment. City have an imperious home record in the league, Spurs got beat at home to Wigan last weekend and looked completely out of sorts, one way traffic here in my opinion, City can only improve.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Selection: BTTS @ 1.71 Betfair I agree with Stefanos66, and will add that BTTS would've won in 6 out of City's 8 homes games in all competitions this season (City 3-0 Sunderland & City 1-0 Swansea City). And it would've won in 3 out of their 5 Premier League home games. BTTS would've won in 7 out of Tottenham's 8 away games in all competitions (Carlisle United 0-3 Tottenham). And it would've won in all 4 away games in the Premier League. I don't think either team will manage to keep a clean sheet here so going for BTTS

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Was looking at the statistics again for the premier league this season. This game brings a nice 1st half matchup . Man City are the best 1st half home team in the premier league. Won 4 of 5 , scored 4 times conceded 0. Spurs are the best 1st half away team in the premier league. Won 3 of 4 , scored 5 goals and conceded 0 Mancini tends to be too conservative in tough games in the first half. Head to Head Spurs have won the Half Time Double Chance (HTDC) bet 9 times in the last 10 fixtures against Man City. Losing once 1-0 See the head 2 head here : http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/head-to-head-soccer-matchups I like the HTDC bet on Tottenham at 7/10 Neil.

Not going near this game. City have burned me 1 time too many this year already and Tottenham are too godd*mn sporadic--beat ManU at OT, then lose at home to Wigan. Good luck deciphering this mess!
Have to agree, spurs can beat united scoring gaols for fun at old trafford but cant score against wigan at home last week. Man city have had a steady but laboured start to the season and in most of the games had they been playing someone like spurs they may well have lost, and you just feel a defeat cant be far away for them.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Another strange odds on home team. Is City such a good team and in shape at the moment ? Lets be honest, they suck as hell ! I am kind of a suspicious guy and think that Mancini and players are in some kind of "inside team war". Where do these poor results come from ? Swansea 1-0 at Etihad after disappointing match where guest team could and should have scored at least one goal. Another EPL game and poor 0-0 against "fresh in top flight" Hammers. There is no point talking about Ajax games cause it was one big disaster. I'm starting to have feeling that some of the players are not "backing up" Italian coach at the moment, maybe even playing against him to get him sacked. On the other hand we have Spurs with AVB who is one of the worst managers in EPL. The guy has complete lack of coaching preparations. Have You noticed Spurs changing their style comparing to last season ? Nothing changed, not a bit ! Only one thing has just been added to this team - now, they are even less likely to predict than year ago. I mean, You beat United at OT after 23 years and couple of weeks later You take Wigan on at WHL and lose to them 0-1. That's not only players fault - that's manager responsibility to keep them focused and concentrated when poorer or weaker team comes to our stadium. I think this game is going to prove one HUGE thing - are Citizens backing up his manager or not ? I am pretty sure about Spurs, they tend to fail at weak games but somehow shape up when necessary and now it is a moment. Once again poor odds at Citizens, IMO should be around 1.90-2.00 so huge value on guest team. Man City - Spurs 2 dnb @ 4.45 3/10 Betsafe

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Regarding team news for Spurs i am fairly confident we will field the same side which lined up against Wigan last weekend. There were doubts over Sandro but i think he's okay. If he doesnt play then i assume Sigurdsson will start, although youngster Tom Carroll was impressive in midweek. I've watched City alot this season and i made a point on here before there game on Wednesday that teams that go there and keep the ball well and generally play positive attacking football fare well against them. Ajax did that to a certain extent on Wednesday and they were rewarded with a good draw. As for our chances against City tomorrow i feel that although using our pace on the counter could hurt City with the likes of Bale, Lennon, Walker and Defoe all very quick to get forward on the break, this could be a risky gameplan and may play into Citys hands if they can defend well enough. As a couple of people have pointed out we really are struggling with players out injured at the moment and i think that is one of the reasons for our indifferent form. Parker, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul and Dembele would all walk into our first team if fit and i'm hoping we can do without them tomorrow. Personally i'm really looking forward to the game, think its a good time to go to City with them not at the top of their game at the minute and hope we can come away with something as we have some tough games coming up.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Man City to beat Spurs 8/13 paddy power I agree city not playing well but why are ye all complaining about the odds what do ye expect city are unbeaten in nearly 2 years at home in the league eveyone slating them about how bad they are there still the only unbeaten team in the premier league,spurs have lost 3 of there last four games against english teams,city have beaten them the last 3 times one of them a 5-1 win at white heart lane.In the league there defending better with each game,silva could also be back tomorrow,everyone is saying it only matter of time before they lose why not only a matter of time before they click and play like last season and hammer someone.In my opinion City are in a different league to spurs and will win this by at least two goals,there home record is unbelievable and if it was united with same record i think many on here would be shouting from the roof tops and saying what a good price 8/13 at home is on everything we have seen this and last season city deserve to be this price or even shorter at home

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November 4pts Spurs (+1AH) to beat Man City 1.91 BetVictor Man City haven’t been performing too well in recent times and there’s no doubt in my mind that is down to the absence of David Silva so whether his return in this match makes any difference remains to be seen but I think there’s enough in this Spurs side to side with them on a handicap of some kind. They have some dangerous attacking players which City have been struggling with recently and I see Spurs picking up something from the match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-tottenham-betting-spurs-should-feel-confident-of-getting-a-result-against-out-of-form-champions

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November ^ Agree with that bet and have taken it myself, when I looked at the odds was quite surprised at how low city were, the value lies with Spurs IMO. Not often I would oppose them at home but a full goal handicap is big. Questions over form/performance for both, but away from home Spurs are playing well as they are set up differently, at home with one striker upfront they have struggled to break down mediocre teams, on the road the tactics seem to work better,good pace on the break ect. Adebayor should be available which is good news as well.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Tottenham @ 5.50 Sportsbet I'm having a pop on Spurs in this one. It's an unlikely result considering City's fantastic home record, but IMO they are here for the taking. Their recent form hasn't been fantastic (and by that I mean it hasn't been anywhere near as formidable as recent times) and I think they may struggle to pick themselves up after that poor draw against Ajax. Against decent sides they have shown their vulnerability at home. Spurs may be inconsistent, but they have a side capable of beating anyone on their day, a point proven by their result at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. A win midweek may set them up perfectly here, granted it was against a much poorer opposition, but it will boost their confidence and perhaps improve the morale of certain players. This could very well be a comfortable victory to the home side - but I'll happily go for the upset in this one. If Spurs turn up and play to their best ability they are capable of getting something here. It's happened before, and it's more then possible to happen again.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Under 2.5 @ 2.50 pinnacle City may have stiffened up their defence in their last two games, as they kept a clean sheet in the 0-0 draw at West Ham, and the 1-0 home win over Swansea, but their goals have dried up compared to last year, and with increasing pressure on Mancini, one thing that he does not want is anymore dropped points. So he will be his usual conservative self and look to contain Spurs and hope one of his stars pulls something out of his magic hat to get them the win. They have also beaten Sunderland 3-0 at home (another clean sheet) while they drew with Arsenal 1-1, so they are likely to be once again looking for the one goal and hoping that is enough for them. Spurs though are in better form than City is, and should bounce back after a shock 1-0 loss to Wigan at home. They have won at Southampton, Man Utd and Reading in their last three away games and they only lost by a goal in their last two visits to City. Villa-Boas would be happy with a point to keep their recent run of good results going, especially at the champions. Expecting both teams to clog the midfield to minimise the impact of alot of good players on both sides, and also believe some fatigue may set in, as both teams have had to play midweek games in Europe, in cup competitions and for their country in recent weeks, and not even some rotation will be enough for jaded players to start to feel it. Like this to be a low scoring game 21-48 (-20.42)

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November City are down to 1.54 at Pinnacle which is just wrong at this moment in time. I'd have them at 1.80 at least, something doesnt seem right at the club right now and although they still win games with the quality they have, all doesnt seem well at City. So many of their big names are not doing the business this season - Aguero hasnt got going yet after injury, Nasri has been poor, Silva out of form and injured at other times, Kompany not hitting last years heights, Balotelli has done nothing. Their signings have all been average, its like Mancini bought for the sake of it. They flopped in Europe but will still battle for the league even though it looks like there might be some problems between Mancini and the players. I think Spurs can be competitive today and dont see them losing by more than a one goal margin. You'd always worry about Spurs' defence and I do think they'll concede today, but they carry a goal threat with bale, defoe, adebayor and lennon and City havent looked solid in defence, big difference from last season. I'd expect a close enough game between the two today. Spurs +1.25 AH vs Man City @ 1.725 (Bet365:3pts) Gareth Bale ANYTIME goalscorer @ 5.00 (BlueSquare:1pt)

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Man City v Tottenham => OVER 3 AH 1.925 Bet365 As usual with these types of games in England, I reckon we will see goals. City really look to be lacking confidence and conviction recently. They have only won by more than 1 goal once this season which doesn't sound like the City of last term. Tottenham scored 3 at Old Trafford and have netted in every away game so far. They will be hopeful of leaving Manchester with a good result yet again and I reckon they could score a couple.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November SPURS - Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey and Adebayor MCFC - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Aguero, Kolarov

Man City v Tottenham => OVER 3 AH 1.925 Bet365 As usual with these types of games in England, I reckon we will see goals. City really look to be lacking confidence and conviction recently. They have only won by more than 1 goal once this season which doesn't sound like the City of last term. Tottenham scored 3 at Old Trafford and have netted in every away game so far. They will be hopeful of leaving Manchester with a good result yet again and I reckon they could score a couple.
I'm not sure with the goals thing. Both teams have not conceded a 1st half goal (city at home 4-0 , spurs away 5-0). Only 3 teams have a lower 1st half home goals average than man city (Liverpool .7, Sunderland 0.5 and spurs .3) So you are probably looking at 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 at the half , which makes over 2.5 goals tougher. City are sluggish , conservative starters , and are not clicking. so I still like the HTDC on spurs at 7/10 Neil.

Man City v Tottenham => OVER 3 AH 1.925 Bet365 As usual with these types of games in England, I reckon we will see goals. City really look to be lacking confidence and conviction recently. They have only won by more than 1 goal once this season which doesn't sound like the City of last term. Tottenham scored 3 at Old Trafford and have netted in every away game so far. They will be hopeful of leaving Manchester with a good result yet again and I reckon they could score a couple.
Stake back.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November Got a HALF-WIN and HALF-VOID on Spurs +1.25, Bale then had a quiet game. No real chances. Happy enough with my reading of the game = Spurs not to lose by more than one, City being overrated at 1.5-1.6 odds. They deserved the win though.

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur > Sunday 11th November I think City finally proved lots of people on here wrong today they absolutely battered spurs today and proved why there champions,yes they scored a late goal but can anyone say they didnt deserve the win

*Manchester City WIN @ 8/13 Ladbrokes* Can't see anything but a City win here. Yes, they are playing terrible at the moment, but i think they will beat Spurs even in 2nd gear. Dembele is a huge loss for Spurs, along with Parker and Assou-Ekotto. I am not sure about Sandro, apparently he is 50/50 at the moment. City have an imperious home record in the league, Spurs got beat at home to Wigan last weekend and looked completely out of sorts, one way traffic here in my opinion, City can only improve.
Had to get on again at 5.0 in-running after an hour. :beer