** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]CFR Cluj v Galatasaray SK (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.76[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sporting de Braga v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.28[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga v Manchester Utd Think the odds for over 2.5 goals are a bit high here, Braga have been a good home side for years and usually score. I think we all know United's current defensive problems, Arsenal hardly mustered any attacking threat at the weekend and still scored, 6 of Braga's 7 home games this season have ended with both teams scoring and Braga probably average 2 or 3 goals a game at home. The odds on both to score are 1.67 at best which is also worth a play for me, although I probably wouldn't take any lower. I don't know how much United will rotate but I wouldn't expect both RVP and Rooney to start but whoever they go with they haven't struggled to score, indeed they have scored in their last 19 european fixtures. Alan, Eder (didn't play at the weekend so not sure if he's injured), Amorim, Viana are all capable of scoring for Braga and we saw in the 3-2 at Old Trafford that this is likely to be an entertaining fixture, United seem to be more attacking this season than others possibly because the defence is so inept they have little choice. All of United's and Braga's CL games this season have had goals on or before the 27th minute too so that might be a good choice, I'm not playing it though as I'll be quite overexposed on this game. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - Boyles - 5 Points Over 2.5 Goals - 1.86 - Ladbrokes - 5 Points

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

Braga v Manchester Utd Think the odds for over 2.5 goals are a bit high here, Braga have been a good home side for years and usually score. I think we all know United's current defensive problems, Arsenal hardly mustered any attacking threat at the weekend and still scored, 6 of Braga's 7 home games this season have ended with both teams scoring and Braga probably average 2 or 3 goals a game at home. The odds on both to score are 1.67 at best which is also worth a play for me, although I probably wouldn't take any lower. I don't know how much United will rotate but I wouldn't expect both RVP and Rooney to start but whoever they go with they haven't struggled to score, indeed they have scored in their last 19 european fixtures. Alan, Eder (didn't play at the weekend so not sure if he's injured), Amorim, Viana are all capable of scoring for Braga and we saw in the 3-2 at Old Trafford that this is likely to be an entertaining fixture, United seem to be more attacking this season than others possibly because the defence is so inept they have little choice. All of United's and Braga's CL games this season have had goals on or before the 27th minute too so that might be a good choice, I'm not playing it though as I'll be quite overexposed on this game. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - Boyles - 5 Points Over 2.5 Goals - 1.86 - Ladbrokes - 5 Points
Both Alan and Eder played against Beira Mar mate.Alan hit the net while Eder started on the bench and came in at the end of the match

Both Alan and Eder played against Beira Mar mate.Alan hit the net while Eder started on the bench and came in at the end of the match
Well spotted :lol..didn't see Eder's name on the subs bench, obviously being rested with Wed night in mind.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) 4pts Braga vs Man Utd - Over 2.5 goals 4/5 Stan James Just like in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford, I think we’ll see goals in this match. Braga really need to win and may need to push forward and that is only likely to help Man Utd on the break at some point. Although United will be making changes their youngsters will be competitive in the game so I expect to see over 2.5 goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/braga-vs-man-utd-betting-two-best-sides-in-group-h-can-produce-another-high-scoring-game

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Over 2,75 Goals then it is...This now seems to be a popular bet, but makes all the sense. Went for a bit higher line, as I am not happy with the odds for a clean Over. GL P.S. bet365, at 2,025... Had the same bet earlier on with Chelsea involved, and just did Over 2,75 in Lisbon, at 1,90...So it has to be goals all over tomorrow?

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Everyone here is for the overs, but how about backing ManU straight up or at -.5AH or -.25AH? BetOnline has the former @ 2.25 and the latter @ 1.98, which I think are decent prices considering ManU's form. I know they have the group wrapped up just about, but doesn't anyone here feel that ManU's quality should easily guide them past Braga? ManU is my most despised team and so I may be overestimating them.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Morning Guys, The game which interests me tonight in Group H is indeed also in Portugal: Braga Vs Man United Manchester United have confused me a little this season as whilst they are not playing to their full potential IMO, they are still getting the results, the sign of a great team. Sir Alex has taken a pretty handy squad to Portugal, but the question is; how many of the top stars will play/feature. Fergie has a decision to make, either go out tonight with a strong team and win the game, which will win them the group. Or play a weakened side in the hope of winning the game but also with the mindset that if they lose or draw tonight they still have another two games to wrap the group up. IMO, the manager should go for option one, by getting the job done tonight it allows him to rest some of his bigger players in the final two games of the group, this will be a great advantage to have as they will have some tricky EPL games coming up and Sir Alex won't want to risk his big stars in games which don't mean much to their standing within the group. Depending on team news I will be on Manchester United win @ 2.27

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Man Utd over 1.5 team goals 6/5@ Stan James Like everyone else I'm looking at the goal market for some value. Man Utd have scored 2+ goals in their last 10 games - includes games vs Arsenal, Chelsea, Braga, Tottenham, Liverpool and Newcastle. I can't really find reason to oppose this bet, the last time it didn't come off was in the win over Galatasary when Nani missed a pen to make it 2-0. Even when Utd rest some players your looking at Buttner (attacking LB) Nani, Wellbeck and the in-form Hernandez coming into the side.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Cluj-Galatasaray: We must carfully analyze first match between these teams in 3rd match of the group. In that weather and field conditions Galatasaray played nicely as if They missed the win by one goal!. In my opinion when Cluj scored first goal everything changed on their behalf. After Cluj's player sent off then draw became acceptable for them and the succeeded in that. Why not? Galatasaray is their rival and Galatasaray had to win to survive in the group and you have already 3 points before that match. Now again Galatasaray has to win. They may but too many variables must be in their favor. First of all this is an away match. But I dont think this will affect any thing. Second of all, even though under those circumstances Galatasaray showed what they really can do after dropping back! If Cluj's new coach watched he would easily see all weapons of Galatasaray and he may prevent any surprises. I dunno new coach or his mentality or talent. But mediocre brain could easily see what Galatasaray can do after dropping back or see what Galatasaray can do if they have a must-win match. In my prediction and under this circumstances I am guessing Cluj will find a goal. What I amnot sure Galatasaray can find a goal? That's the question to people who follow Cluj closely. If you say Cluj is vulnerable at defense then this match will go Over 2,5 not hardly. As I mentioned in my earlier posts Galatasaray is targeting Europa Cup even they have mathematical chance for CL next round. Therefor while considering possible results for this match keep this in mind! How could I say that? Lets say ManU beat Braga and Braga stay still with 3 points and this match ends draw. Then except ManU the other 3 will line with Cluj 5 points Braga 3 and Galatasaray 2. That means Galatasaray's rival for Europa Cup will be Braga . Hopes will survive. And Last game it will be. We cant guess what will be the result of Cluj-Braga match ,the 5th match of the group,if this match ends draw. All we can say Galatasaray will wish Braga to lose points at that match. Ofcourse we are accepting definite win from ManU against Braga tonight. Other then that result all dreams will depend on a win for Galatasaray in this match against Cluj. Lets assume both matches ended draw then Cluj 5 points,Braga 4 and Galatasaray 2 nothing will change in our plan. There will be only flaw if we consider a home win from Galatasaray against ManU. For conclusion this is a MUST-WIN match for Galatasaray. So my prediction is Over 2,5 goals and BTTS. Draw will not be not a bad result for Cluj ,small stakes can be put. On the other hand Elmander and Melo wont be able to play due to suspension and injury. Without Melo,Selcuk Inan will play more offensive and defense will be more vulnerable with any of bench player who will replace Melo.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Hi guys, this is my first post here since joining the forum yesterday :) I'm from Romania and i see nobody has written anything about CFR Cluj - Galatasaray so i'll give it a try in case someone is wondering what to expect from the game. CFR Cluj started the european campaign really good, with 4 points from 3 fixtures, losing only to ManU (and who doesn't). We beat Braga away and managed to get a point in Istambul and i think tonight won't be any different. I can see CFR manage to at least get a draw in this fixture and i back my prediction with a few simple facts. 1. CFR plays poorly in the national league, sitting on 6 at 13 points from the leader, and 5 points from the second place (which might become their most likely target this season), but they have a completely different face in the CL. The players motivate themselves much better and, just like BATE Borisov for example, they are a team capable of stunning the opposition. 2. CFR changed the coach last week after some misunderstandings between the management and the last coach, mainly due to the lack of internal results and they brought in a portuguese coach Paolo Sergio Brito, the former Hearts of Midlothian coach. He also coached Olhanense, Santa Clara, Beira-Mar, Pacos Ferreira, Vitoria Guimaraes, and Sporting Lisabona. It is well known the manager's affinity for portuguese players and staff so that comes as no surprise to me. The new coach managed to turn the things a little bit around and in the weekend they won 5-0 against a pretty good team. 3. Third and most important the players know that by winning, or at least drawing tonight they will secure their place in the Europa League next stage and, with a game agains Braga at home in hand they might set their hopes even higher. On the other side Galatasaray plays for a bonus of 1 million euros but with this CFR lineup - Felgueiras - Pinto, Cadu, Piccolo, Sepsi - Alberto - Sougou, Muresan, Godemeche, Camora - Kapetanos and their ambition to reach the further stages i think they have the quality to mount a threat and kick the turk side out of all european competitions. I would pick - Kapetanos to score any time (don't know the odds because i don't bet online, but you could give it a try) - 1X at merely 1.45 odds -CFR to score and to be honest i'm looking at a normal scoring game, perhaps 3 goals but i can't see more than this considering the situation. CFR will defend, Galatasaray will attack but i think CFR wil have the quality to score on the counter and secure at least 1 point. Good luck :)

In my prediction and under this circumstances I am guessing Cluj will find a goal. What I amnot sure Galatasaray can find a goal? That's the question to people who follow Cluj closely. If you say Cluj is vulnerable at defense then this match will go Over 2,5 not hardly. As I mentioned in my earlier posts Galatasaray is targeting Europa Cup even they have mathematical chance for CL next round. Therefor while considering possible results for this match keep this in mind!
Compared to you, the Romanians are targeting the second phase in the current competition. They will surely find a goal or goals against poor traveller Galata, without Melo. Galatasaray doesn't have Kuyt and Sow. Under the new coach they have humiliated a solid Romanian league side, Brasov, 5-0 in the last round. Petrolul Ploiesti a good team from Romania went in Istanbul and beat Galata 2-0. Not just that Galatasaray can be caught on counter-attack but will also have the surprise that CFR will have posession. Of course, I expekt GS also to attack because it is not Basel which was totally dominated. Your over has and doesn't have value. This means Galatasaray to open first if not the Turkish team to equalise fastly after a Romanian goal. People must understand 2 things: Galatasaray is a poor traveller, didn't win a single away match in the Champions League in the last 10 years and CFR Cluj is better home with 30-40%, though the Romanian side has some missing players hence will probably adopt another fast break tactic. Your stake should be small anyway! Prediction: 2-0

Compared to you, the Romanians are targeting the second phase in the current competition. They will surely find a goal or goals against poor traveller Galata, without Melo. Galatasaray doesn't have Kuyt and Sow. Under the new coach they have humiliated a solid Romanian league side, Brasov, 5-0 in the last round. Petrolul Ploiesti a good team from Romania went in Istanbul and beat Galata 2-0. Not just that Galatasaray can be caught on counter-attack but will also have the surprise that CFR will have posession. Of course, I expekt GS also to attack because it is not Basel which was totally dominated. Your over has and doesn't have value. This means Galatasaray to open first if not the Turkish team to equalise fastly after a Romanian goal. People must understand 2 things: Galatasaray is a poor traveller, didn't win a single away match in the Champions League in the last 10 years and CFR Cluj is better home with 30-40%, though the Romanian side has some missing players hence will probably adopt another fast break tactic. Your stake should be small anyway! Prediction: 2-0
We arent thinking so differently. I just dont think playing away is the fact. The fact is ,you saw at their statistics, they arenot good at must-win matches to qualify. Galatasaray isnot the team to wait for opportunities to score and win the game. They just begin attacking and finish it with attacking. No way to set behind and wait for counter attack after they lead the game. That's a vulnerable spot of them. I guess Cluj will have chances to score. They have home advantage mostly to satisfy their fans. And will play well motivated after the beat of Brasov. I am still on Over 2,5 Goals. But I wont say I won the bet if result comes 3-0 or 0-3 . Without BTTS my Over 2,5 Goals will be lucky guess if it wins. I hope I expressed myself more clearly :) Good Luck to all

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Man Utd have been scoring for fun lately and as always with Utd these days it remains to be seen what team Fergie will put out. If they do rotate then can see Braga getting something out of this. But either way I can see goals like the first game between these. Man Utd showed that once they put Braga under any sort of real pressure it was quite easy to score and ran out quite comfortable winners. Braga also showed that there forwards were quite a handful and exploited Carrick at will. Even if Rio does step in tonight I think he will also be exploited because against Arsenal on the weekend Man Utd were caught out a few times. So playing safe tonight. Both Teams To Score @ 1.60 - 8 points.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) CFR Cluj vs. Galatasaray Back to this game again, I'd favor the goals on this market as any result tonight won't surprise me. Both teams are in good form at the moment, CFR winning 2:0 in Cup, 3:1 and 5:0 in the league, while Galatasaray won 3:0 and 3:1 in league since the game against CFR Cluj. The last result CFR got was with their new coach, Paulo Sérgio, and they managed to beat Brasov 5:0, a team which was seen very dangerous here in Romania so far and produced a couple of surprises against top rated teams. He will probably play with Kapetanos upfront only, but at his back there will be Camora, Bastos and Sougou, the last two coming back from injuries this week and training with the team. They are all dangerous in attack and they all could threat the goal tonight. I don't know much about Galatasaray as I don't follow Turkish soccer at all, but from what I seen first round between these two teams, they do play attacking football and I could see them scoring aswell. If it would be for me to choose between the 1x2 market, I'd maybe go for Galatasaray to win from what I've seen first game, but since CFR plays at home, has a new coach whom seems to play attacking also, I'll go for the goal market. The title in Romania si pretty much compromised, so CFR will definitely look to get a result here and go forward in Europe. I really hope Galatasaray will start threatening from first minute and put this game on fire. Pick: Both to Score @ 1,73 with Bet365

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga - Man U Over 2,5 and Both to score. Man U is outscoring their opponents while conceeding and I guess this will go on until vidic is back. Braga doesnt mind to have an open game and they are conceeding almost every game while beeing also most the time on the scoresheet. I expect a rather open game no matter which 11 Ferguson will field. The offensive players in second line are not goal shy and will try to prove themselves.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga v Man Utd Man Utd win @ 6/5 Paddypower I've been impressed with Uniteds ability to win games without playing to there best this season and tonight could be one of those games. The only problem for United has been conceding soft goals this season but with the firepower they have attacking wise they should have enough to defeat Braga in Portugal. Another reason United should win this is the fact they will want to get this group done and dusted sooner to focus on domestic success and stay top of the Premier league. I'm quite surprised Man U aren't shorter odds for this game as they already have 3 wins in this group, but i'm happy to take them at these odds.

We arent thinking so differently. I just dont think playing away is the fact. The fact is ' date='you saw at their statistics, they arenot good at must-win matches to qualify. Galatasaray isnot the team to wait for opportunities to score and win the game. They just begin attacking and finish it with attacking. No way to set behind and wait for counter attack after they lead the game. That's a vulnerable spot of them. I guess Cluj will have chances to score. They have home advantage mostly to satisfy their fans. And will play well motivated after the beat of Brasov. I am still on Over 2,5 Goals. But I wont say I won the bet if result comes 3-0 or 0-3 . Without BTTS my Over 2,5 Goals will be lucky guess if it wins. I hope I expressed myself more clearly :) Good Luck to all[/quote'] If Galatasaray attack (and they need the points more than Cluj), Galatasaray corners might be good value. Corner count in the first game in Istanbul was 9-3. Tonight, Bet365 are offering 1.73 for over 4.5 away corners. Could be good value?

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga v Man Utd Braga need the points more than Man Utd. There could be value with Braga corners. In the first game at Old Trafford, the corner count was 7-5 to Man Utd. Tonight, Bet365 are offering 1.8 on over 5.5 home corners.

Re: Group H > Nov 7 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Man Utd to beat Braga 2.3 @ Betfair - I would feel disappointed with myself if i didn't take this price and they won as i think any game where Man Utd are priced at 13/10 to win a group game in the Champions League is value. Although RVP is not playing they still have Rooney, Hernadez and Welbeck who are all top trikers on their day. Although Nani, Anderson and Giggs are playing who don't often start games so far this season, they are still very good players and with all due respect to Braga they did lose 0-2 at home to Cluj in their first CL game this season. Although Braga have a very impressive recent record at home to English teams, this is Man Utd we are talking about and you can never write them off and in terms of personnel Braga are not an elite side in Europe but that isn't to say they don't have good players because they do but 2.3 on a United win looks like value in my eyes.

If Galatasaray attack (and they need the points more than Cluj)' date=' Galatasaray corners might be good value. Corner count in the first game in Istanbul was 9-3. Tonight, Bet365 are offering 1.73 for over 4.5 away corners. Could be good value?[/quote'] Sorry I didnt see your post. :( My predictions won but second coupone lost :D I didnt underestimate Galatasaray but probably overestimate Cluj myself. Burak made his hat trick .