Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November

staffy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November

All Walcott has is speed! No final pass and needs 10 shots to get 1 on target. Did you watch Arsenal v Chelsea the other week' date=' Ashley Cole marked him out the game and was non-existent![/quote'] I dont agree with this. I never have been walcotts biggest fan but i think he has improved in terms of his finishing. I would give him what he wants and play him up front as i feel he is better there then on the wings. As for the game itself i find it a hard one to call, i cant see us winning but you never know. Both to score is the safest bet in my opinion.

Really? :lol You need to start watching the premier league more often if you think Walcott is better than Valencia' date=' Young and Nani combined.[/quote'] I didnt mean literally but why you think that Nani or Young plays any better this season than Walcott ?? And yes Im watching almost every PL game :)

I didnt mean literally but why you think that Nani or Young plays any better this season than Walcott ?? And yes Im watching almost every PL game :)
Nani is rubbish. Young is rubbish. Valencia is light years better than Walcott though. Not many wingers get the better of ashley cole, especially at the bridge, but Valencia did a good job of it.

Nani is rubbish. Young is rubbish. Valencia is light years better than Walcott though. Not many wingers get the better of ashley cole' date=' especially at the bridge, but Valencia did a good job of it.[/quote'] Finally agree :)

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Nani isnt rubbish he is inconsistent, on his day he is unplayable. Both playing to their full potential, Walcott couldnt lace Nani's boots, I reckon he will still end up with more goals and assists than Walcott at the end of the season. He's not in the best of form but has done a lot of damage to Arsenal playing for united and still see him starting on saturday.

Nani isnt rubbish he is inconsistent' date=' on his day he is unplayable. Both playing to their full potential, Walcott couldnt lace Nani's boots, I reckon he will still end up with more goals and assists than Walcott at the end of the season. He's not in the best of form but has done a lot of damage to Arsenal playing for united and still see him starting on saturday.[/quote'] Yip, on his day Nani is superb. But the past year or so he has plummeted an awful lot, the last few games he has played he has been awful, no final delivery, poor passing and giving the ball away. To be honest i will be surprised if he is not sold in January, as a Russian club seem to be interested in paying huge money for him. I doubt he will start against Arsenal, highly unlikely.

So I think Arsenal will control parts of the game and Man Utd have shown when they have 11 behind the ball they are difficult to break down. 10pts on Man Utd for me!!! I also fancy Man Utd to keep a clean sheet!!!
Since when do united play with 11 men behind the ball at Old Trafford or anywhere else other than the nou camp? this is nonsense.

Yip' date=' on his day Nani is superb. But the past year or so he has plummeted an awful lot, the last few games he has played he has been awful, no final delivery, poor passing and giving the ball away. To be honest i will be surprised if he is not sold in January, as a Russian club seem to be interested in paying huge money for him. I doubt he will start against Arsenal, highly unlikely.[/quote'] If some Russian club wants to offer stupid money for him I say let him go. pay a couple of months off on the glazers loan interest..

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November 4pts Over 3.5 goals 7/4 Ladbrokes This is another high profile game which I can’t see being low scoring. Manchester United seemingly can’t defend these days regardless of who the personnel are in defence while Arsenal are starting to fall apart in that area despite a strong start to the season. Both sides have goal power in their ranks and lots of it so I expect to see plenty of goals here. Not the 10 this fixture saw last season or the 12 we saw at Reading on Tuesday night but I’m confident we’ll see four or more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-arsenal-betting-man-utd-can-push-for-top-spot-in-a-high-scoring-saturday-lunchtime-match

Since when do united play with 11 men behind the ball at Old Trafford or anywhere else other than the nou camp? this is nonsense.
Most European games and top games there are alway periods when they have 11 behind the ball! Like they take it in turns to attack! Sometimes it's a tactic to play on the counter attack. Arsenal are use to this and wont rush, they will keep possession and man utd will let them have it as long as they don't get near the 18 yard box!

Most European games and top games there are alway periods when they have 11 behind the ball! Like they take it in turns to attack! Sometimes it's a tactic to play on the counter attack. Arsenal are use to this and wont rush, they will keep possession and man utd will let them have it as long as they don't get near the 18 yard box!
If you have RvP in your team the very most you're ever going to have behind the ball is 10. True against Chelsea in the league without the ball Rooney tracked back so they had an extra man in midfield and I thought it worked well until he lost it and fouled on the edge of the area for matas free kick, but its not as if they park the bus. Arsenal never seem to learn with Uniteds counter attacking, which has lost them a number of these matches but I dont think they will have the same possession as they would usually do. It remains to be seen if Cazorla and Arteta can deliver in the big matches.

The trouble is those stats are largely irrelevant when you look at the calibre of opposition they've faced. I mean, just look at Chelsea - they'd stormed to the top of the league by beating far weaker opponents only to go two down when they faced someone of equal stature. I think the style of Arsenal's play will result in opportunities, and this United defence is probably the worst I can remember for a long time. Also there's the fact that United will play more openly compared to the likes of Q.P.R. And Norwich. Stoke and Sunderland. Tbh I can see the head to heads being well in United's favour, and I can see why United are heavily favoured. I just don't trust their defence so I will probably opt for goals. Over 2.5 goals should be around 1.55. Without looking I expect it to be around ten points higher than that.
That's exactly how i see the match. It's a BTTS banker on the Goals Galore Bonus coupon with Fred.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Lke most people, I see over 2.5 goals definitely happening here. I'm also with the majority in thinking United will have too much for Arsenal. As a twist I've done a Spincast with Betvictor which is 3 events to occur in the match, so, added to the Utd win & over 2.5 goals I've gone with Rafael to score anytime. Rafael is very good going forward and will get a chance or two against this Arsenal team, I reckon. To summarise: United win; Over 2.5 goals & Rafael to score anytime at 140/1 with Betvictor. A bit speculative, but seeing as I'm fairly confident of the United win and overs, I'm essentially getting huge odds for Rafael to score anytime.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Another one with Betvictor (I don't work for them, by the way ;)): Sky Sports Man of the match: RVP 7/1 with Betvictor Sky Sports Man of the match: Rooney 8/1 with Betvictor. SkySports usually give MOTM to goalscorers (irrespective of whatever else they do in a match) and these two have to be the most likely scorers on the pitch. Rooney has an excellent record against Arsenal and RVP is, well, he's RVP!

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Hi All, Just a quick word about van Persie. The goals he scored and when he scored them for Arsenal last season were unbelievable. He won Arsenal at least 8 games with incredible strikes when the pressure was on. (Did it for United under huge pressure against saints and duffed the penalty:) The guy is unreal and for 24 million (correct me ) it's a steal in today's market. Forget the bog standard goals, and the ones when the side is 2-0 or 3-0 up. Look at the close , pressure games/goals, 1st goal scorer etc, and that's when you see the nerve of a true goalscorer. Can't remember which game, but he scored 1 for United when he hooked a volley around the defender and caught the keeper off-guard. It was crazy, can't be taught, and was pure instinct. It's why you watch , just for that moment of brilliance. Arsenal cannot replace this guy. He is at the peak of his game, over the Achilles injury (that he picked up in a ridiculous friendly), and is getting a supply of scoring opportunities from all sides . In regard to NANI I'll ask two questions ...... 1) How many genuine 2 footed players are there in the Premier League ? ( Arshaven springs to mind with those 2 goals against Liverpool, one thunderbolt with each foot.....2 fantastic strikes) 2) DO you wanna watch consistent dull grinders, or an inconsistent highly skilled footballer who can turn a match ? I think he can be a bit up and down, but players need confidence, and a run in the side, and he is not getting a chance. Fergie has blackballed him, just like he did with Beckham, Stam and Berbetov. To blame him for the defeat against Chelsea .... well frankly that's a joke . You blame one guy when the team concedes 4 goals, and has a central defence like jelly. Please SIR Alex ....... So , he's inconsistent, which to me is far more interesting than a consistent dull player who has limited skill and ability. Fergie and the coaching staff's job is to switch the guy on, press the right buttons, and get the guy playing to his maximum potential. 'Cause the guy definitely has loads of it !!!! Neil.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Sorry, but Nani has dropped off significantly in skill the past year or two. I'm not sure if it's his confidence is shot, or he thinks he deserves a spot in the starting 11 every game, but he's just not an up and rising star any longer - and he's closer to rubbish then highly skilled these days. He played midweek in Cup game vs Chelsea the whole way - I'd be surprised if he started against Arsenal tomorrow. I think you'll be looking at Valencia and Young again, along with perhaps Cleverly and Scholes. I think you see almost identical lineup as the league game vs Chelsea, exception of maybe Scholes for Cleverly as I don't think Arsenal have the talented and speedy central midfield players the likes of Hazard, Oscar and Mata for Chelsea. So, Nani shouldn't be factor either way. All that being said, I think it's hard not to like the over in the game. United at home is fierce in the attack and see no reason for them not to score at least two themselves. I have no faith in the United back line to keep a clean sheet, but even if they did, United has the firepower to score three themselves. I am backing United -1 (+135), and o2.75 (-130) (I'm new here - first post so not sure the proper protocal for posting odds (I'm American, obv) and sites)

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Man Utd v Arsenal Rvp anytime scorer @ 11/10 Sportingbet Now I know this might seem a bit of an obvious bet, but Rvp has been in tremendous form for some time now and what better way to show his old club that he's moved on to bigger and better things than scoring against them. I think Utd will probably edge the game but it's hard to tell which Arsenal are going to turn up these days so i'm going to stay away from 1x2 markets here and just stick with the goal scorer bet.

Re: Manchester United v Arsenal > Saturday 3rd November Over 3.5 @ 2.48 pinnacle Man Utd have been scoring goals this year, with at least two goals scored in their last 8 EPL games (including all 4 home games) and at least three goals in 6 of these last 8 games (including 3 of 4 at home). Like their chances of scoring at least a couple of goals here as Arsenal have conceded in 5 of their last 6 EPL games (including their last three away games). With van Persie up against his old side, playing against Mertesacker will pose no problems for him, while Rooney should also do well here as he has also been amongst the goals against Arsenal, even scoring a hat trick in the corresponding game last year. Arsenal wil also fancy scoring here, as they have scored in 6 of their last 7 EPL games which includes 3 of their 4 away games at West Ham, Man City and Liverpool. Man Utd's defence is all over the place, having allowed goals in 7 of their 9 EPL games, and at least two goals in 5 of these games. Arsenal have tended to share the goals this season, with Podolski and Cazorla prominent, and expect their front men to get good service from Arteta and Wilshere, who are likely to dominate the Man Utd midfield of Cleverly and Carrick. Two attack-minded sides with question marks about their defences is likely to see several goals being scored here 20-37 (-10.97)