** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info?

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info? I don't know how the sharks on the exchange gets their team news/lineups, but market fluctuations are extremely volatile exactly 1 hour before Champions League matches, where the lineups have to be presented. I tried checking the Champions League website and many others, but I have yet to find one that gives out lineups accurately and promptly. I resort to using multiple websites and checking them, though anything that would surprise you is usually priced in to the second in the exchanges and elite bookies. Mug bookies like Paddy Power are very slow to react. Even if their prices are wrong its usually compensated by the poor odds they generally give for the mug punters. General betting limits are very low also. Tell me if you find anything!

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info? In my opinion the best and accurate information comes from LOCALS. I mean I had had Galatasaray's official line up before bet sites published it. Local newspapers publish those in their websites. This may only work in Champions league and Europa League matches. Or Local derbys. Maybe a new title can open for 2-3 hours in Punterslounge and members from those countries will post the line ups information with adresses of webpage. I dunno, it is just an idea for these kind of matches.

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info? twitter seems like a good suggestion as well as local newspapers. So what do u people follow on twitter? I agree it generally priced in on exchanges, but if u are quick i find you can still grab a few ticks as the price drifts futher as more people get to know about the new info after u do. Then u hedge once u feel the info has been out for a few mins.

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info?

twitter seems like a good suggestion as well as local newspapers. So what do u people follow on twitter?
I've found Twitter and local newspaper websites are both excellent sources. It helps to get the names of the websites well in advance for matches you are interested in. Then you can just monitor them before the game. For Twitter, you will need the 'official' site. For example, googling 'Leicester City Official Twitter' produces Leicester's twitter page at the top of the search - http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=leicester+city+official+twitter&oq=leicester+city+official+twitter&gs_l=hp.3..0i8i30.939896.939896.0.940626.1.1.0.0.0.0.106.106.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.VIc3oI5__Ws&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=8452a943ad72eb32&bpcl=35466521&biw=1240&bih=923 Leicester's Twitter will give Leicester's line-up, but for completeness you would have to go to the other team's twitter for their line-up as well.

UEFA.com is probably the best source, but I'm not sure if you mean team news, or the actual starting line up. As the actual starting lineup is dependant on when that information is released to the media. Some managers play their cards closer to their chest than others.

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info? In Turkey mostly, who follows football closely, we can predict line ups before revealed almost %99 correct. :) Coz media in here so good at manipulating head coaches. And head coaches never wanna be blamed or taken attention on themselves. Cowards as a word will be too strong in this situation. So media makes the line ups for teams. As you may know National Team's Technical Staff have been accused of not giving chances to Selcuk Inan and Onur Kıvrak in the team line up. Abdullah Avci isnot a good technical mind nor great men to be respected by players. No success as a coach nor player or any area. Just few wins against strong teams while he was head coach of IBB. Now to proof he is the one he plays gamble with the team. And we 90 percent lost our chance to go World Cup. This is a specific example from my country .I can give more from clubs but this isnt the point in here. What we need insight toughts of punters from those countries or punters who are fan of those teams we consider to bet on. This is a great wonderful forum but mostly comments or posts all about reading stats in different angles and which also cant help us to rob bookies as we wish to. :) Where am I going? Interesting thing is why we wanna know line ups? What can I do with the line up information i.e. Dynamo Zagreb? I dunno them I dunno even first 11. I will check web sites and try to find who this new guy is in line up. Yesterday I gave the official line up for Galatasaray in Cluj match. only difference was Riera replaced Hakan Balta. didnt work. So by the help of NOFEAR I wanna hear more info about teams in posts which gives more insight. Especially from friends living in U.K. Whenever I saw a post with extra bite I won the coupon. I thank alot for efforts of those members. I dont wanna read stats I can find them myself. I just wanna know if A doesnt play what B will do in the team. Sometimes some posts says a most scorer of the team wont play in the match. Wow people then think that team wont be able to score easily . But reality mostly not true. That would have been true only if team is changed tactics. Usually no tactic changes only a substitute replaces the absence. This isnot a complaint . This is just honest sincere wish from almost 5000 miles away. :) I amnot good at english so sometimes my reasoning seems to be no sense. But I always try to tell best way to help others. As I mentioned in other posts I dont bet for money , just for fun. We should add our thought when official line ups revealed. P.S.: Match results may be different than expected. This is footbal everything may happen. There is no guarantee . I know that . I just need more details with line ups :)

Re: Starting Line-ups. Which is the best and quickest site to give this info? Exactly Deniz. Stats are irrelevant if the playing 11 are not the same as the playing 11 from the stats AND also the playing 11 of the other team must also have same players of the past for stats to matter. And since players are different, tactics need to be different. You cant play messi the same way as ibrahimovich like barca found out. So starting 11 are paramount and they move markets. So if we can predict this info 99% of the time, we only need to bet on betfair accordingly. But its easier said than done. However, if more people can post their "predicted" line-ups of the teams they follow before they are anounced, then we can beat the bookies. But punters here do give their inputs, not always, not like Deniz did with his turkish side yesterday. But we also post a lot of irrelevant stats.

Exactly Deniz. Stats are irrelevant if the playing 11 are not the same as the playing 11 from the stats AND also the playing 11 of the other team must also have same players of the past for stats to matter. And since players are different' date=' tactics need to be different. You cant play messi the same way as ibrahimovich like barca found out. So starting 11 are paramount and they move markets. So if we can predict this info 99% of the time, we only need to bet on betfair accordingly. But its easier said than done. However, if more people can post their "predicted" line-ups of the teams they follow before they are anounced, then we can beat the bookies. But punters here do give their inputs, not always, not like Deniz did with his turkish side yesterday. But we also post a lot of irrelevant stats.[/quote'] I disagree because the majority of sides have a certain style if play, and will have a squad of players capable of playing that style. So that if one player drops out they aren't fcuked :lol Barcelona with Ibrahimovic are the exception to the rule. They wanted a deal done for Eto'o (for whatever reason) and Ibrahimovic was the makeweight. World class forward. Banged in a lot of goals in Italy. I don't think too much importance was put on how he likes to play his football.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give an example of the type of irrelevant stats you mean?
Sure. For example, people keep posting stats of yesteryear which were of a different playing 11 with a different philosophy than of the players today. Chelsea, Man C, WBA, etc, and most of all LIVERPOOL. Had someone post here somewhere that newcastle has never won in liverpool since 1994 so liverpool was his banker bet of the day. That sort of BS. I do think recent stats do hold some value but not much. If you read that Saints have been conceding a lot of goals for the past five games, you just cant bet blindly on the overs in the 6th game. Remember, the manager who knows more than you do, is doing his best to reverse that stat. He is betting to save his job. You are betting against him to make money. Maybe he will fail. But I like to bet with the manager and the team's aim, not against it. They may fail against big clubs but the difference between clubs at the very top level is not a big as you may think. Arsenal who were excellent at the start of the season are now struggling. Saints/QPR who are at the bottom of the table, can get their act together and end up in the middle. Just saying that a teams stats mean less than what their strategies/goals are for the upcoming game.

I disagree because the majority of sides have a certain style if play, and will have a squad of players capable of playing that style. So that if one player drops out they aren't fcuked :lol Barcelona with Ibrahimovic are the exception to the rule. They wanted a deal done for Eto'o (for whatever reason) and Ibrahimovic was the makeweight. World class forward. Banged in a lot of goals in Italy. I don't think too much importance was put on how he likes to play his football.
I do like your reasoning about style. But styles change so stats of yesteryear are irrelevant. I remember posting in the ManU-Arsenal thread where someone suggested that these matches usually go under and gave a few stats from last year (nearly all matches ending under). And TBH they were useful stats but this MANU team of today si different from last year and more attack minded. As you may know, RVP scored within 3 mins and though the game finished 2:1, it could have gone higher if arsenal's Giroud,podolski werent in the goal scoring drought they are in. So yeah, stats are important but really play only a very small part in the overall research. Or should do IMHO.