** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

*Borussia Dortmund WIN @ 4.1 Betfair* I think Dortmund are a 3.2 shot, so the 4.1 i got was too hard to resist for me. This was called the Group Of Death for a reason, because any team can beat any team in this group. Dortmund are the German champions and deserve a lot of respect here, against a City side that have been very unconvincing so far this season. I don't agree with the fact that just because Dortmund already have 3 points, they don't need to win here tonight, they will be very eager to get a win here and try secure a place in the knock-outs as they still have to play Real Madrid twice. So the incentive is equal for both teams. Uncharacteristically for City, their defence has been nothing short of a shambles so far this season. They have only won 1 of their last 5 games in all competitions, including a draw at Stoke, a draw with Arsenal, a defeat to Real Madrid, and Aston Villa knocked them out of the cup. They were also very unconvincing in their win at Fulham. Dortmund kicked off the group with a 1-0 win against Ajax and have only lost 1 of their last 8 games, a 3-2 defeat away to Hamburg. They come to City on the back of a 5-0 win against Monchengladbach the weekend, and confidence will be high. City could well win, but i do think Dortmund are overpriced here and are worth a bet in what should be a very close encounter that could go either way.
I am agree with you on this one.So far this year City is not playing how they were expecting,they are out from English cup and on Saturday they had late score against Fulham. Dortmund have great players who can easily play at strongest clubs in the world. Lewandowski,Reus,Gotze and co. are amazing players and they scored 10 goals in their last 3 games. Only what Im consider is a defence.Subotic and Hummels are great players but somehow opponents score 5 in last 3 games,but I think tonight they will keep their eyes on defence and try score from counter attack. I will try X2 its 1.92.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am agree with you on this one.So far this year City is not playing how they were expecting' date='they are out from English cup and on Saturday they had late score against Fulham. Dortmund have great players who can easily play at strongest clubs in the world. Lewandowski,Reus,Gotze and co. are amazing players and they scored 10 goals in their last 3 games. Only what Im consider is a defence.Subotic and Hummels are great players but somehow opponents score 5 in last 3 games,but I think tonight they will keep their eyes on defence and try score from counter attack. I will try X2 its 1.92.[/quote'] That looks like a nice price for the win or draw mate. Very best of luck with it. Either way, it should be an entertaining game, as both teams will want to win desperately.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Borussia Dortmund Probable line up (4-2-3-1):Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer; Kehl, Gundogan; Blaszczykowski, Götze, Reus; Lewandowski Manchester City Probable line up (3-2-3-2):Hart; Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta; Barry, Toure; Aguero, Javi Garcia, Silva; Tevez, Dzeko. Dortmund are a strong team and are capable of upsetting anyone but Mancini knows just how important this game is to Man City and they need the win here tonight. Also let's remember how close to victory they were against Real Madrid, scoring 2 goals atthe Bernabeau. I think City's midfield will provide the edge in the game with Toure making pushing up. It won't be easy but i'm going for a Man City win.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have browsed this site for a number of years and have taken a good number of tips from it, with the new change that you have to register to view the tips I thought I may aswell contribute to the discussions and offer my own opinions/views and tips on various sports around the site.

Tonight I want to be involved with the Champions League. I love a European night and I think it’s a decent event in which we can find value, tonight I am looking towards backing the English Champions, Manchester City.

Manchester City to beat Borussia Dortmund @ 2.05 with Unibet

I watched on match day 1 as Manchester City travelled to Spain to take on the Spanish giants Real Madrid in their own back yard. Truth be told I was on Real Madrid that night as I suspected City would be out their depth, especially away from home. On reflection I think we can take a few things from Mancini’s mens performance that evening, most notably that they are ready to compete on the big stage. All things considered City were unlucky not to get at least a point from that match, Madrid did have the majority of the possession as you would expect, but I thought City and Yaya Toure in particular were fantastic given the magnitude of the task they faced.

Tonight they face a different task, they are on home soil, they are playing a team of lesser ability than Real Madrid (although the Germans are still a very strong side) and they now have the belief and desire to put in a performance which will get them those much needed 3 points. Mancini has yet again been handed a tough group in this years Champions League campaign and he knows himself how important home performances and results will be in terms of qualifying from “the group of death”. I expect Aguero to start tonight, perhaps along with Tevez playing off the front. Aguero gives this City team a cutting edge which no other player seems capable of doing, whilst Tevez displays the determination, desire and work rate required to be successful at the top level. With Tevez in his side he will be able to defend from the front when not in possession and attack with power, precision and pace when the tide of possession is in the home sides favour.

In the middle of the park City are strong, they have Yaya Toure whom I mentioned earlier, his ability to break forward with the ball is such a weapon to the home side I think the Germans may find it difficult to defend against. He offers a sense of power which is extremely difficult for most players to match, when City played Arsenal recently Wenger deployed Diaby in a similar role to combat Toure’s power, and whilst you could argue it worked on that occasion, there are not many players who can match the Ivorian’s sheer power. Mancini may also wish to unleash javi Garci alongside Toure with the mindset that these two guys together will not be over powered by the Germans. If they win the midfield battle then they have more than enough talent elsewhere on the pitch to cause the away side problems and win the match. Garci has started life well at City and I believe Toure will enjoy playing with him knowing that he can break forward and his team mate is strong enough to cover.

In defence the home side will play Vincent Kompany, the rock of this City team. Kompany in my opinion is one of the most valuable players Mancini has at his disposal, the Belgian is not only full of power and passion but he is also an extremely intelligent footballer who’s reading of the game is second to none, he should feel at home on the biggest footballing stage there is. Behind him lies one of the best goalkeepers in world football in my opinion, Joe Hart. The 25 year old has the swagger and confidence of a great keeper but his technical ability can back up his confident attitude, the Germans will have to produce something special to beat this man. There is no denying the German side will be dangerous, I have seen a fair bit of Lewandowski and he performed pretty well in the international stage last summer. Blaszczykowski will also be a threat to the English side, his pace and dribbling ability may cause the City defence a couple of problems. Overall you don’t qualify from the German league if your not a decent side, it’s a tough league and Dortmund are here on merit, they too will be looking to win the game but I just feel the EPL champions will be too powerful and the odds on offer for a home win are worth taking.

I’ll be sticking 5 points on this @ 2.05

Good luck everyone. :hope

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) there is something happening in madrid... mou is doing some cleaning and mr. ozil is probably the next bench warmer... ramos s stunt with the ozil shirt doenst help either and for a longer time casillas is the prez. of the no mou club... so all in all, ajax has a good chance to score glagainst madrid... will stick to the overs

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Real Madrid -1.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Expect Mourinho to put on a show here and ensure that his team is ready for their game with Barcelona this weekend. After Barcelona's 2-0 win last night over Benfica, a similar result here is good for his ego, and anything less then he will not be happy. They have quality all over the park, as well as on the bench, and their come from behind win over Man City is indicative of the talent that they can call on. Ajaz lost to Borussia Dortmund 1-0 in their opening game, but doubt that they can stay with Real, who beat them in the CL last year, 3-0 at home and in Amsterdam, while in the previous season, they beat them 2-0 at home and 4-0 in Amsterdam, so in their last 4 meetings in the CL in the last two seasons that they have been paired with, Real have yet to concede and have scored at least two goals in each of these gamess.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) While i think the City - Dortmund game is a tough one to call, i really beleive Mancini's men will up their game tonight. They havent really started the season in the form that is now expected of them but i felt they played pretty well in there opening Cl fixture against Madrid. As many have pointed out it is there defence where the problems lie. Vincent Kompany doesnt have a settled partner at CB at the moment, with Joleon Lescott out of favour (which baffles me!) and they could well be vunerable to a quick, skillful Dortmund attack. It is Man City's attack that will probably win them the game for them. Yaya Toure ran the show for them in Madrid and i will be hoping he can do the same again tonight. Carlos Tevez also looks sharp despite not being on the scoresheet much of late and partnered with the ever dangerous Aguero, there is no doubt that the Dortmund defence will have to be on top form to prevent goals tonight. Edin Dzeko is proving his worth of late too and will provide Mancini with an option from the bench should he need it. City also have a super home record it was near to perfect in the PL last season and they and took 7 points from their 3 home CL games. Compared with Dortmund's 3 losses away from home from their 3 group games. While i expect tonights game to be no easy task i think a price of over evens on a city win is fairly attractive. And hoping no matter how well they perform a result will be grinded out. 3pts City win @ 11/10 - Various

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund I think both teams score will be best and easiest one for that game.City has shaky defence i believe Dortmund will score at least a goal and will concede one. Manchester City need to get 3 points tonight which means they will give spaces for Dortmund forwards and they may punish it with surprise result tonight its possible and worth to try such as that odds. On low amount bet i will try Dortmund as Aidymac told. Both to score Borussia Dortmund Win

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I recommend the following TIPS for matches tonight: Borussia Dortmund X2 -DOUBLE CHANCE 1.67 WILLIAM HILL AJAX VS REAL MADRID - BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 1.57 WILLIAM HILL Dynamo Kiev vs Dinamo Zagreb - DINAMO KIEV H1 2.25 WILLIAM HILL Schalke 04 vs Montpellier - SCHALKE 04 WIN - 1.50 WILLIAM HILL Zenit St Petersburg v AC Milan UNDER 2.5 - 1.67 WILLIAM HILL Arsenal Vs Olympiakos - ARSENAL WIN AND OVER 2.5 - 2.05 WILLIAM HILL Porto vs PSZ -under 2.5 - 1.70 william hill Anderlecht v Malaga BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 1.73 william hill total odd 89.10 x 10 euro , i think this is possible and realistic.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I've found how Man City have been priced up in the Champions League to be very interesting since their first involvement last season. They where quite frankly awful last season in this competition I thought, their record was 2 wins and 1 draw at home. But I remember the Napoli and Villarreal games and they where quite fortunate not to lose both games I recall. On the price front I remember them being priced up ridiculously short for both of those games. I was honestly expecting a similar situation this time round and expected Man City to be 4/5 maximum. Therefore imagine my surprise when I see Man City priced up at odds against here. Granted Man City haven't impressed that much in the league so far this season but it's still the same team that won the league last season and one that has a remarkably strong home record. I can't claim to have a great knowledge of Dortmund, but I did see their games against Arsenal in the Champions League last season. I thought they played fairly well in both games but ultimately ended up with only one point from the two games. On the Arsenal front I recall Man City being priced up at around 4/5 for that game, I recall this because I actually had backed against Man City on that occasion. Given that knowledge I can't see how Man City should be priced up at 2.22 (currently on Betfair) which suggest that Dortmund are a much tougher task than Arsenal and also indicates that Man City are only slightly the better team which I disagree with. Back Man City (2.22) or LAY Dortmund (3.75) would be my choices here.

I recommend the following TIPS for matches tonight: Borussia Dortmund X2 -DOUBLE CHANCE 1.67 WILLIAM HILL AJAX VS REAL MADRID - BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 1.57 WILLIAM HILL Dynamo Kiev vs Dinamo Zagreb - DINAMO KIEV H1 2.25 WILLIAM HILL Schalke 04 vs Montpellier - SCHALKE 04 WIN - 1.50 WILLIAM HILL Zenit St Petersburg v AC Milan UNDER 2.5 - 1.67 WILLIAM HILL Arsenal Vs Olympiakos - ARSENAL WIN AND OVER 2.5 - 2.05 WILLIAM HILL Porto vs PSZ -under 2.5 - 1.70 william hill Anderlecht v Malaga BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 1.73 william hill total odd 89.10 x 10 euro , i think this is possible and realistic.
:welcome to PL casperato. The group threads are for reasoned posts on the appropriate games only mate. Lists of bets like these are fine, but for future reference they should be posted in the Unreasoned Bets thread here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/128430-Unreasoned-Football-Bets :ok

Good Afternoon Everyone' date=

... Good luck everyone. :hope

:welcome to Punterslounge! I must say, your first post is amazing and should be shown as an example for all newcomers - insightful and thorough analysis. Keep it up and best of luck!

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Can't really believe the odds on City, City win @ 2.1 and -1 @ 3.1 (bet365) when Dortmund hasn't won an away game in the bundesliga so far, even though playing weak teams. Lose against hamburg, yet win against city? and city +1.5 at 1.10, that's just 10% free money.

I like the look of Man City here' date=' you can get 1.92. Admittedly I don't follow the Bundesliga but Dortmund were quite poor in the CL last year and looking at the two squads you'd have to say City are far superior. I know they didn't do too well last year either but they played well against Real Madrid for the most part and I think they will have gained a lot from last year's experience in the CL. I would price Man City at 1.7 here but would be interested in those who follow the Bundesliga as to a more informed opinion on Dortmund.[/quote'] I have decided to go in now that the price has risen to 2.15. Only small stakes as I don't know much about Dortmund, but the price on City just looks too big.

there is something happening in madrid... mou is doing some cleaning and mr. ozil is probably the next bench warmer... ramos s stunt with the ozil shirt doenst help either and for a longer time casillas is the prez. of the no mou club... so all in all, ajax has a good chance to score glagainst madrid... will stick to the overs
Normally I would've bet Real Madrid -1 tonight but with these very recent problems i prefer to stay away. The scandal between Mourinho and some players of his squad is again huge as there is spanish legion against portuguese legion. At the spanish side is now Ozil and could be also Higuain and Benzema. The Real squad for tonight's clash will tell us a lot.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I'd much rather back the overs here without the worry of who will win. Nobody should write off the German champions who are in good form in the league (LTO 5-0)and in this competition. there's a rumour that Fergerson will be watching Lewandowski tonight which could add impetus to the bet. There is attacking class all over the park here, so the call has to be Overs. ​Best bet tonight for me...

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) If city does not win, i think they are out. Real madrid will not maje any gift at the return match, they hate themselves eachother. At dortmund, it will be an inferno, and knowing the bad attitude of city in european matches, this is a must win form Mancini Band. Dortmund obviously is not pushovers and with a draw or a win here , they are trough at 65% IMO. It is strange that dortmund has received a lot of goals this years with that good back line. If the passing game of City will be precise and quick I can only see an home win, and the price is good. I have taken them at 3/10. Silva-Toure-dzeko-tevez-aguero (do not know if dzeko will be on the bench but I would like to see starting aguero and dzeko to have a perfect mix of power and skilfulness) they are very powerfull and in the right day can have too much for hummels&co.

Good Afternoon Everyone' date=

Manchester City to beat Borussia Dortmund @ 2.05 with Unibet Good luck everyone. :hope

Well I must apologise guys, poor first tip on the forum. I have to admit, I completely underestimated the Germans, tonight they were fantastic. City on the other hand never really turned up and important players such as Yaya Toure were really disappointing, it remains to be seen if they were simply out classed or if they just had an off night. I thought Mancini's tactics were strange aswell and I was concerned about my bet as soon as I seen Dzeko starting ahead of Tevez. Lesson learned tonight. Hopefully be back with some more successful tips tomorrow night or at the weekend. Cheers and well done to the winners!

*Borussia Dortmund WIN @ 4.1 Betfair* I think Dortmund are a 3.2 shot, so the 4.1 i got was too hard to resist for me. This was called the Group Of Death for a reason, because any team can beat any team in this group. Dortmund are the German champions and deserve a lot of respect here, against a City side that have been very unconvincing so far this season. I don't agree with the fact that just because Dortmund already have 3 points, they don't need to win here tonight, they will be very eager to get a win here and try secure a place in the knock-outs as they still have to play Real Madrid twice. So the incentive is equal for both teams. Uncharacteristically for City, their defence has been nothing short of a shambles so far this season. They have only won 1 of their last 5 games in all competitions, including a draw at Stoke, a draw with Arsenal, a defeat to Real Madrid, and Aston Villa knocked them out of the cup. They were also very unconvincing in their win at Fulham. Dortmund kicked off the group with a 1-0 win against Ajax and have only lost 1 of their last 8 games, a 3-2 defeat away to Hamburg. They come to City on the back of a 5-0 win against Monchengladbach the weekend, and confidence will be high. City could well win, but i do think Dortmund are overpriced here and are worth a bet in what should be a very close encounter that could go either way.
Very unlucky here Aidy, despite the result this was an excellent bet in my view.

Very unlucky here Aidy' date=' despite the result this was an excellent bet in my view.[/quote'] I have never seen such a one-sided game in all my days. Only for Joe Hart, Dortmund would have been at least 3 or 4 goals up, he was amazing. Best keeper in the world right now in my opinion. Only a matter of time before Mancini gets the sack, he is a joke of a manager, has no people skills, and the players don't play with pride for him.

I have never seen such a one-sided game in all my days. Only for Joe Hart' date=' Dortmund would have been at least 3 or 4 goals up, he was amazing. Best keeper in the world right now in my opinion. Only a matter of time before Mancini gets the sack, he is a joke of a manager, has no people skills, and the players don't play with pride for him.[/quote'] Yeh incredible performance from Hart, I think Mancini's experiments with the system are going very bad, he has attempted to freshen things up with the module this year and it is backfiring big time. Dortmund were so impressive tonight, they displayed everything good about German football and are clearly a team at the very top of their game. Wretched to concede a late goal like that but you should just look at it like you made a good move and on a different occasion it will payoff.

Only a matter of time before Mancini gets the sack' date=' he is a joke of a manager, has no people skills, and the players don't play with pride for him.[/quote'] Agree. It is more and more going the way that he will be sacked at the end of this season, as doubt that they can defend the title with what they have shown thus far, and he in particular, has done little to get the players on side. Calling Mourinho ..............

I have never seen such a one-sided game in all my days. Only for Joe Hart' date=' Dortmund would have been at least 3 or 4 goals up, he was amazing. Best keeper in the world right now in my opinion. Only a matter of time before Mancini gets the sack, he is a joke of a manager, has no people skills, and the players don't play with pride for him.[/quote'] Aidymac like we said. I got it X2 but you were also very close with Dortmund win. They just proofed that they are extremely strong team.

Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund I think both teams score will be best and easiest one for that game.City has shaky defence i believe Dortmund will score at least a goal and will concede one. Manchester City need to get 3 points tonight which means they will give spaces for Dortmund forwards and they may punish it with surprise result tonight its possible and worth to try such as that odds. On low amount bet i will try Dortmund as Aidymac told. Both to score WON Borussia Dortmund Win
LOST Dortmund find so many chances as i have told but they just could not score once more to get 3 points what a performance by Hart.Man City must be thankful him.If they took a point today thats because of Ian Hart.