Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Olympiacos (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Montpellier HSC (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I am on Schalke here 1.66 Pinnacle looks a good price. Montpellier had an incredible season last year but last year is last year. This term they look like a midtable - bottom half French side. Yanga-Mbiwa is probably there only real quality player at champions league level. Schalke have been a top bundesliga side for many years and seem to raise their game for Champions league matches especially at home. On there day Affellay and Huntelaar are deadly. Farfan maybe out for Schalke not sure but he possibly these days is not a starter anyhow. Montpellier lack the quality and experience to get anything from this game i think.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke definetely seem to have consolidated their position and improved under Huub Stephens guidance. Even with Raul leaving, it doesnt seem to have affected them. They really have a lot of attacking and creative talent in that team. Home support is strong too, with 60 k plus always in attendance, at home in the Bl last season (more or less same team this year) they won 13/17 times beating the 1 goal handicap 12 times. They look like a solid bet at decent odds.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Schalke is definitely much better than the French champion. Montpellier lost their key player Giroud to Arsenal. Schalke have a solid squad. They led 2-0 away at Düsseldorf by half-time but then the hosts came back to draw. The team was very disappointed, describing that this draw feels like a defeat to them. But they should have enough to beat Montpellier. Schalke is a strong home team and I can see them winning with 2 goals difference.

Montpellier impressed me against arsenal and could easily have got something out of that game. The only thing I'm unsure of is how they will perform away from home in the Champions League. Montpellier were dismissed because of their league form, but they didn't show any signs of a dip in form against arsenal. I don't know if 1.61 for Schalke is value considering they're not even the German champions.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I'd agree with Jase on this one, Montpellier def should have got at least a draw with Arsenal they dominated the second half, hit the bar and missed a couple of real sitters. They were at home though and it was their first CL game playing against Giroud etc, they are by all accounts a poor CL side and won't be expected to qualify for the next round, they did have a couple of good players though and I certainly wouldn't rule out them scoring on the break. Odds are probably fair, Schalke are a good side although I haven't seen much of them since Raul left..Huntelaar scored a cracker on Friday night and they looked well in control when I was watching. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Schalke win this by two or more, think Montpellier will take a couple of tonkings in the group games and this game and Arsenal away will be the prime suspects. Not one for me though, don't know enough about either side.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Arsenal -v- Olympiakos My pick: Arsenal -1.5AH @ 2.07 odds (Pinnacle) (3/10 units) Tomorrow sees Arsenal take on Olympiakos in the Champions League Group B second round game. Arsenal come into this game having lost a 'top four' clash at home against Chelsea on Saturday morning, while Olympiakos won their fifth game in a row in the Super League, away to Atromitos. However, there is really very little to read into from these results. What matters is the quality of these two teams. Also what matters is Arsene Wenger, of whom I am a keen admirer. Leonardo Jardim will come up against a true great tactician of football for the first time tomorrow, and it'll be a big test for this young Portuguese manager. The team news doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence from Arsenal's perspective perhaps. Confidence will have been dealt a blow after the loss to Chelsea at the weekend. Furthermore, Diaby is out injured as a result of that game, and Arteta is a doubt. However, in my opinion Wenger will be forced to play Arteta, because he doesn't actually have anybody else in midfield available who he can rely upon. It is possible he could go with Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla, but I think instead he'll play Arteta rather than Oxlade-Chamberlain. Otherwise, the front three should be Podolski, Gervinho and Giroud while at the back Arsenal should continue with Mannone in goal, Jenkinson and Gibbs at full back, and then Vermaelen with either Koscielny or Mertesacker. So really it is only in midfield where I believe there are concerns for this Arsenal team – and okay they are certainly starting to miss some important bodies there (Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky and doubtful Arteta) but otherwise they are as strong as they can be. Arsenal's home record in Europe is remarkable and I don't think Olympiakos are going to be able to truly test Arsenal tomorrow. It is as simple as that really. On Olympiacos' side of things, they also have quite a number of injury doubts. For me one of the biggest issues is the fact their main goalscorer thus far this season, Rafik Djebbour is out injured. They also have a host of other players out or doubtful for this game in both defence and midfield. I'm not going to pretend to analyse their potential missing players. I simply don't know enough about Olympiacos to discuss in detail. They do however have lots of old players such as Roy Carroll (35) in goal, Modesto (34), Contreras (34), Ibagaza (35) and Pantelic (34). With the exception of Carroll, the rest of these players may find it difficult to deal with the possession football play, and the pace of Arsenal's game. Turning back to Arsenal, even though they lost against Chelsea at the weekend, they continued to show great attacking prowess. Gervinho has really improved his performances this season in comparison to last season. Podolski has started brilliantly, as has Cazorla. Giroud has been very unlucky thus far in terms of taking his chances, but he has impressed me in terms of his ability to hold the ball up well, winning the ball in the air and also getting into goalscoring positions. It could be his game to score a goal. Arsenal are a team filled with youth, vigour, and pace. They are all technically gifted players – something which Wenger expects of all his players. Their two full backs will provide added width on the flanks. Vermaelen will also look to run with the ball when and if needed. They will completely control this game. Lastly, I believe Arsenal will keep a clean sheet tomorrow. Steve Bould has changed the complexion of Arsenal's defence. They look much more assured and organised since his appointment as assistant manager, and with Djebbour absent tomorrow, I really find it difficult to see an Olympiakos goal. Arsenal should win this game by two clear goals. I will be surprised if they don't. They have been scoring goals quite easily and well in recent games, and have left the departure of RVP and Song in the past. I will keep this as a medium stake. I'd go higher if I was certain Arteta would play, because he is a key man to ensure the link between defence and attack. But Arsenal will win this game, I hope by two goals.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) 4pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Olympiakos 11/10 Stan James I don’t think they will avoid that repeat though and if anything I think Arsenal will win this with more than a bit in hand. Defensively they look a lot more secure this season and they still possess plenty of attacking threat with the likes of Lukas Podolski and Gervinho in good form at present. Arsenal know how important home form is in this competition and I would expect them to rack up a comfortable win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-olympiakos-betting-arsenal-can-come-away-with-a-comfortable-win-in-opening-home-game

Lastly, I believe Arsenal will keep a clean sheet tomorrow. Steve Bould has changed the complexion of Arsenal's defence. They look much more assured and organised since his appointment as assistant manager, and with Djebbour absent tomorrow, I really find it difficult to see an Olympiakos goal.
Did you see the Chelsea game? They were terrible defensively. I've been saying all along you put them under a bit of pressure and we'll see what they're about. Chelsea did, and they sure did profit. Whether or not olympiakos will put Arsenal under any sort of pressure is debate able, but I would agree, I can't see anything other than a home win.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos)

Did you see the Chelsea game? They were terrible defensively. I've been saying all along you put them under a bit of pressure and we'll see what they're about. Chelsea did' date=' and they sure did profit. Whether or not olympiakos will put Arsenal under any sort of pressure is debate able, but I would agree, I can't see anything other than a home win.[/quote'] I watched most of the first half. I think any team that can compete with Arsenal in midfield is capable of beating them. Olympiakos won't be able to do that. However, Chelsea's goals came from set pieces, so I don't think it is fair to say Arsenal were terrible defensively. Zonalmarking as per usual did a good review of the game: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/09/29/arsenal-1-2-chelsea/

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) *Arsenal to WIN TO NIL @ 2.48 Betfair* I can see nothing but a comfortable win here for Arsenal. Even though they did lose to Chelsea last weekend, they squandered an awful lot of chances, and will be disappointed that they got nothing from the game. They have not lost any of their last 15 home Champions League games, and their last home defeat in this competition came to Man United back in 2009. They have won 13 of those 15 games and have kept a clean sheet in 7 of those 15 games also, so they are pretty impressive figures. Olympiakos lead the Greek league, but they were dire in the opener against Schalke where they lost 2-1 at home to the Germans. They have ex Man United keeper Roy Carroll in goals, and he is no world-beater now at 35. The Olympiakos coach was also interviewed and he did not sound too confident about his sides chances at Arsenal. I could not back Arsenal to win at that price, so the value is with the win to nil market i reckon. Although Arsenal disappointed defensively against Chelsea at the weekend, in general this season they have looked very solid, and the Greek side has nowhere near the class of Chelsea, so i am hoping Arsenal get the job done tonight and don't concede.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Mannone - Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta, Cazorla - Walcott, Gervinho, Podolski Arsenal is much better team than Oly, and they wish big win after losing against Chelsea in front of their fans. The Greeks were poor against Schalke in the first round in Piraeus (which is their big advantage). They are maximum in the domestic league so far, but this is something else. In fact they failed to win against any good team in pre-season (Spartak M., Braga, Newcastle, Malaga, Sporting L., Napoli). Their coach Leonardo Jardim is under pressure, on the other side Wenger is suspended and will be in the stands. Away side have big injuries: captain Torosidis (df), topscorer Djebbour (fw), and other defenders Papazoglou and Papadopoulos are out. Megyeri, Siovas, Contreras, Manolas, Holebas, Modesto, Ibagaza, Maniatis, Fuster, Machado, Mitroglou So I must agree with MN ;) Arsenal (-1,5) AH @2.34 Pinnacle low stake

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) The last time we spoke together about Montpellier in the Champions League, Arsenal -0.25AH turned into a massive public bet. It came off, but as others have mentioned, quite correctly, MHSC performed really well and easily could have forced a draw. Their lacklustre finishing cost them. I don't think one can compare that game with this trip to Gelsenkirchen. Montpellier will probably look to be very stuffy and try to counter attack. There's talk of Souleymane Camara starting in attack rather than Emmanuel Herrera; this will be because the Senegal international is better at defending from the front. I have little doubt the French side would be content with a point. The price on Schalke is short, but it's probably fair. Montpellier aren't a great side. Domestically, they've toiled, only beating Sochaux and Nancy, two of the weaker teams in Ligue 1. I spoke last time of second season syndrome and they are suffering from that. I got the feeling that the Arsenal match was like a one-off occasion that galvanised the players and cajoled them into a performance. This match will be different, away at a vociferous, intimidating arena against a team with far greater experience. I am not an expert on Schalke but I did watch the highlights of their match against Fortuna Dusseldorf (2-2 draw) and they looked very fluid in attack. I am sure they will get chances tonight and guys like Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Ibrahim Afellay and Lewis Holtby are probably good enough to take some of them. They also have a far more experienced team than Montpellier, at this level and internationally, although as yesterday proved, that's not always pivotal. My feeling is that Schalke will win this. At 1.50ish there's probably no point/value in taking the single, so I suppose the question is whether they can cover a -1 Asian line. I never bet too heavily in the CL but I do envisage a tough night in Germany for Montpellier, and I can see the hosts being a popular bet.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I am from Greece and I know Olympiacos European style. Olympiacos΄ team is just too good but only for Greek league. Arsenal has quality and Arsenal attackers are much faster than Olympiacos defenders, so Olympiacos won΄t be able to defend, especially when Arsenal turns defense into attack so good. Another interesting point and not so popular is that Olympiacos plays in Greek league with Roy Carol as GK, and in Champions League with Megery as GK, which which imo is a disadvantage. For me Arsenal΄s win is 100% sure. Odd 1.40@bet365

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.41 pinnacle Arsenal are coming off two tough games in the EPL with a home loss to Chelsea and an away draw at Man City. They did enough to beat Montpellier in their opening game, and now face the weakest team in their group. Wenger will be keen to get another three points here, to take them to six points, and another 4 points in their next 4 CL games should see them progress to the next round, so he will be keen to lock this up as soon as possible so that he can rest some of his players from the last two midweek games in the CL. They started off very good defensively but then they have conceded in their last 3 EPL games, while their attack is arguably better than last season, and even though they have lost van Persie, he had to do much of the scoring himself, but this year, Podolski, Cazorla and hopefully pretty soon, Giroud, are more effective for them. They beat Olympiakos 2-1 at home last season, and 3-1 away, but played quite a few fringe players in these games, while tonight he will look to play his main team considering the injuroes they have which is testing their depth. Also, Olympiakos do not look as strong as last year, as they have some defenders out while Mirallas was recently transferred to Everton, and it showed in the the 2-1 loss at home to Schalke, who looked the better side on the night. Like Arsenal to maintain their very good home record in the CL with another win over an ordinary Olympiakos side.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I personally find the prices available on Arsenal quite strange, I'm gutted I went in early on Arsenal, thought the price would only fall from the 1.58 that was available -1.0AH, now its nearer 1.7. I can't see much reason why the price on Arsenal would be rising, they record of dispatching sides in the group stages at the Emirates is very decent. Its a shame Diaby is out but he is unlikely to be as crucial in this game as he might be in others, Olympiacos will probably be very defensive as they were on their previous visit to Arsenal, I wasn't aware of all their injury problems but its certainly a boost for us. Maierhofers has provided a good preview above, I agree that the inclusion of Arteta is important, they need someone who can pick a pass but as he says they have little alternatives in the position but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cazorla rested, he has been crucial for them and with the heavy fixture list he might well be left out. It is virtually certain Giroud will play and the Arsenal fans seem to think he has been playing pretty well, just needs a chance or two to go in to boost his confidence. They are in a nice position in forward areas and have a fair few options and plenty of attackers in form. Arsenal -1.0AH at 1.72 with betvictor looks a very solid bet to me, and is my main play tonight. GL.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) I feel the same way HastGill1. The odds have drifted an awful lot. There is nothing to suggest a logic to the drift. It seems the drift is due to Arteta not playing and maybe people realising (like me for example) that Wenger is still serving his touchline ban. Still think -1.5AH is likely.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) After defeat against Chelsea , gunners must react from the first time of the season. SO is an important task to do, like is saying AW in the official site. I like a lot this analysys by AW, as he saiying that in order to qualify well from this group you need to win home games firstof all.So Arsenal must start today, against a very beatable , on the paper, Olympiakos that will have some important missings. Also arsenal will have, but is still see a lot of class difference and also motivation to do well. It can be a tricky games on away fixture, but at home, after a derby defeat and with another strong derby insight, the only things to do is to win, and try to pass as first spot.This year for Arsenal is very feasible to arrive first, and so try to have a longer cup run that they were perhaps deserving the last 2 years I say 1EH at 2.00

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) With PAO I would have some doubts, but from what I have seen with Olympiakos, they have a lot to improve at the back. With Arsenal's pace this could go to extremes, so my bets are : Total Goals Over 2,5 @ 1,725 - 5 points Arsenal Team Goals Over 2,5 @ 2,62 - 3 points Total Goals Over 3,5 @ 2,75 - 1,5 points Total Goals Over 4,5 @ 5,25 - 1 point It takes usually 2 for an Over and I don' rate Olympiakos prepared enough to score, but a/ Arsenal are too good for this one and I can't see the young guns stopping going forward even if 2-0 up and b/ Arsenal have surprised me often enough with easy goals in their own net so with just an Over like 2-1 I am risking to lose 2 points... GL

I feel the same way HastGill1. The odds have drifted an awful lot. There is nothing to suggest a logic to the drift. It seems the drift is due to Arteta not playing and maybe people realising (like me for example) that Wenger is still serving his touchline ban. Still think -1.5AH is likely.
Diaby definitely being out would be the main reason IMO.... Is Arteta definitely out now too? As that would weaken their midfield significantly.

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos) All games tonight have a great potential to go Over 2,5...Bookmakers have learned well and now the Over in Kyiv is priced right at 1,80. The guests in this game are very much underestimated, and I rate them higher than Feyenoord, who scored here...In Amsterdam the situation is clear - Real can complete the Over themselves, no wonder the Asians are down to 1,50 odds, and Ajax can also help with Goals...Anderlecht and Malaga looks tricky, with odds for the Over above 2,00. Hosts are in Europe for ages, they know how to keep it tight, so does Malaga. Yet Anderlecht in Europe often have goal-outbursts that upset all betting, Malaga can also score - they have enough class...There is so much attacking power in Manchester that only a sparkle is needed. Arsenal was already mentioned above, my main bet for the night... These 6 I had in a Heinz Combo, with small to medium stakes, with 4 out of 6 bringing already a profit... The games in Porto and St. Petersburg look a bit dangerous to me for Total Goals bet, so I left them for In-Play... GL

Re: Group B > Oct 3 (Arsenal, Schalke, Montpelier, Olympiakos)

With PAO I would have some doubts, but from what I have seen with Olympiakos, they have a lot to improve at the back. With Arsenal's pace this could go to extremes, so my bets are : Total Goals Over 2,5 @ 1,725 - 5 points Arsenal Team Goals Over 2,5 @ 2,62 - 3 points Total Goals Over 3,5 @ 2,75 - 1,5 points Total Goals Over 4,5 @ 5,25 - 1 point It takes usually 2 for an Over and I don' rate Olympiakos prepared enough to score, but a/ Arsenal are too good for this one and I can't see the young guns stopping going forward even if 2-0 up and b/ Arsenal have surprised me often enough with easy goals in their own net so with just an Over like 2-1 I am risking to lose 2 points... GL
At Half Time I thought I should lay my bet, but there again, decided against it - 2 Goals already scored, Arsenal have to score 2 more to make me a winner - nothing is impossible. I am sure Wenger will do small adjustments and get me out of this game with a profit... As of the Over Combo I also placed - all games bar Man City are ''opened'' now, thanks to great work from Hart at the Goal. Fingers crossed and Good Luck to all ! P.S. Over 2,5 Goals - won Over 3,5 Goals - won Arsenal Team Goals Over 2,5 - won Over 4,5 Goals - lost Bless you Ramsey ! 4 out of 6 Overs came in well, for an extra small profit !