** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September

Jase82

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September

Whilst it's rubbish to say that they "had to win absolutely" against Galatasaray (they would still have been odds-on to qualify from the group even if they had drawn this week) I agree with you that United have made a far from convincing start to the season. That's absolutely correct. But they're not the ones struggling just above the relegation zone.
Mate, i think you're taking the whole game on a very emotional and fan level, as you obviously support Man Un. However, this is about betting, i.e. winning or losing money, and you should know well that emotions better be avoided here. It's not by chance that punters say "don't bet on your favorite team" - your over-emotional reasoning in this case is a proof. What is the need to say "they are not the ones struggling just above relegation" other than just teasing rival supporters?! You know well that Liverpool are just above relegation zone because they had the most difficult schedule so far and they were very much out of luck. And you know that their class realistically is not relegation level. Or if you think the opposite, then you better bet your bank-roll on away victory - you will never ever get 2.70 for United win against a relegation class team. I don't think that it's rubbish to say that United absolutely had to win vs. Galata. Of course, they would have probably still qualified even if they lost. My point was that they had to win without any doubt because otherwise the media would have put enormous pressure upon them after the debacle of last year's campaign. It was rather psychological remark - not winning could have resulted in high tension in the team which might have affected them negatively in Premiership and other competitions. And I bet that no player of United would have wanted to be in the same room with furious Ferguson and experiencing his famous "shower" after failing another CL game. So, they must have been more than motivated to defeat the Turkish champions, but they nearly failed to do it. And last remark - you seem to consistently disregard a very important factor here: Liverpool is probably the only team in the league which current shape seems not to affect at all their performance against top sides. Hence, even if in March Liverpool are still in the relegation zone, they would be still as likely to beat the likes of United at Anfield.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Going to have a play on the booking points here. I mentioned for the Liverpool v Arsenal game that I think there is often an over-expectation of cards in these big games. Also as I have mentioned before, Rodger's teams tend to have good disipline records. But the main reason for this bet is that the ref is Mark Halsey, who is very lenient with the cards. In 33 games last season, he showed 75 yellows and no reds. That's an average make-up of just 22.73 pts. Only 3 of those 33 games made up over 40pts. He took charge of the FA Cup game between these 2 last season, and only showed one yellow. The cards market is set at over/under 4.5. So 4 yellows or less pays 1.8 with Bet365. Under 4 cards is 2.6 with Willian Hill. However in the bookings points market, Sportingbet are offering 2.5 on under 41pts - so up to and including 4 yellows wins. Of course a red card is a danger but I am willing to take the chance as Halsey has only shown 2 reds in his last 70 matches going back to the start of the 2010-11 season. For those of a more cautious nature, 41-60pts with Sportingbet is 2.85, so a saver on that would give you 1.63 on up to and including 40pts, with money back as long as the game doesn't go over 60pts (something that has happened only once in Halsey's last 70 games!!). Of course this could go overs, but the price offered by Sportingbet is a standout in my opinion, and happy to take it. 3pts Under 41 booking points @2.5 - Sportingbet :hope

Going to have a play on the booking points here. I mentioned for the Liverpool v Arsenal game that I think there is often an over-expectation of cards in these big games. Also as I have mentioned before, Rodger's teams tend to have good disipline records. But the main reason for this bet is that the ref is Mark Halsey, who is very lenient with the cards. :hope
u mean liverpool v Man utd? or man city v arsenal?

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Wow a lot of Liverpool/Man Utd fans with tips on the game, from a neutral point of view and without trying to write a lot, i cant see Ferguson going all out for the win, away against the big sides i believe he's more cautious, not necessarily playing for a draw but he'll settle for a point. when i look at games like many i consider, form, history, and players no question, man utd are in the better form, european games to me are irrelevant to this game, man utd may have not been convincing on tuesday but they dont play the same way as they do in the prem, you cant in europe. their loss to everton wasnt unlucky, they deserved it, they were poor attacking and defending, and since then have looked more convincing in recent games attacking wise such as vs fulham, and in that game they could not handle fellaini, liverpool dont have carroll anymore so wont have to worry about a player like that. liverpool looked poor last week, they barely could get that equaliser against sunderland and were also poor against arsenal, they could raise their game against utd, but they didnt at arsenal wasnt that a big game? and to raise your game for a big game you need your big players...no disrespect allen, shelvey, martin kelly, borini, sterling? there is no carroll, maxi rodriguez, kuyt, lucas, bellamy, more reputable players that okay... are not important players but they could make that difference for the liverpool, the current bunch are good, but whether youngsters can raise their game and handle their nerves and that rush of adrenaline, is another question. and to mention gerrard looks merely a shadow of they player he once was. last seasons loss at anfield man utd played evans, smalling, and wellbeck, they are young players, but missed vidic and ferdinand, lindergaard looks better than de gea and kagawa to me is a better attacking version of park and van persie he's just that match winner. man utd to me have players that can raise their game, and have more quality than liverpool history as others mentioned is on liverpools side, which gives me doubt in fully backing man utd to win despite the good value in odds, but in the last 6 games between the 2, 5 of them both teams have scored. against fulham and southampton the defence was all over the place, evra stands out at the weak link, i remember he got turned left right and centre against someone recently and got dropped against wigan, Sterling could do the same, and his assist last week came from evras side. i didnt see the galatasary game and yes i said european form doesnt count, but man utd had their '1st team defenders' out there on tuesday and for some reason didnt concede despite galatasary hitting the post a couple times i believe, but they still kept the clean sheet! so with the above in mind, i'll be taking a large stake on 0, +0.5 handicap @ 1.60, bet 365, i cant see man utd losing a big game like this, they could benefit from what i belive is that little bit extra in quality and narrowly win the game, and small stake on BTTS @ 1.72, rather than over 2.5, because i can see this ending up a draw or a narrow win for man utd.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September 4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Ladbrokes With all the emotions surrounding this game with both the Hillsborough victims and the racism row that dogged this match last season it must be remembered that there is a football match to be played too. Neither defence has looked much cop this season and I can see both being pierced a few times unless they improve dramatically. It is fair to say both these sides attack better than they defend and the over 2.5 goals at even money looks a realistic runner to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-man-utd-betting-emotions-of-the-occasion-can-motivate-the-strikers-to-score-goals-at-anfield

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September huge match for Liverpool, hillsborough justice and plenty of pressure on the home team for this fixture due to bad results.. As everyone says pool manage to pull something from their behind I believe this derby is critical for them to do that and get a result as they haven't been playing to badly this season Ill be looking at borini anytime goal scorer. Although decision is Liverpool DNB @1.83 with bet365 8/10 Good luck to all

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Over 2.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Normally i would back Liverpool against Man Utd considering we have won 4 and drawn one of our last 5 meetings in all competitions with them. However, we lack that bit of luck in goals as chances are created and go begging. In saying that, still like out chances to score against them as their defence is not performing like it used to as they have conceded in 3 of their last 4 games and were somewhat Wigan did not also score on them. However our own defence has been pretty ordinary this year, as we have conceded in each of our four games, and especially with the likes of van Persie, who has scored in four goals in his last 5 matches with us, they have a proven goalscorer. Both teams have scored in 8 of the last 10 meetings with 7 of these games going over and believe that there will be goals in this game yet again, as neither defence has shown to be as solid as they can be 10-19 (-6.49)

However, we lack that bit of luck in goals as chances are created and go begging. I ... 10-19 (-6.49)
A run of "Luck" doesn't last for 13 months. Liverpool aren't scoring because they are rubbish at finishing, as personified by their main goal threat Suarez who needs eight chances before he manages to put one away. That really isn't bad luck.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Its a tough one to call for an outright winner here, a lot is being made of United's defensive frailties but this could be cancelled out by a Liverpool side struggling for goals with no plan B to speak of if Suarez doesnt hit the ground running. I wouldnt expect Giggs and Scholes both to start considering they played in midweek, Fletcher got a bit of game time and has been a big player in the big games in the past so wouldnt be surpised if he started along with Cleverly and Carrick, with Valencia and Kagawa on the flanks and Van persie up front, this should be enough to penetrate a Liverpool defence with their own fair share of problems. If liverpool get as many chances as Galatasary did i wouldnt expect Suarez to keep missing chances, My choices Van persie and Suarez both to score 6/1 Both teams to score United to win 2-1

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Midweek games will have an incidence on this match. Galatasaray cannot be compared to Liverpool or Young boys to Manchester United obviously, but the exertions of two or three days ago will take their toll and Liverpool players will be fresher, BR having sent his second string to Swit. Home/home for me 5.00 ladbrokes.

23rd September EPL Liverpool vs Man Utd 23/9/12 EPL Liverpool vs Man Utd Liverpool 15/8 Ladbrokes 5/10 OPEN
A harsh result for Liverpool, who I thought were the better side, even after being reduced to 10 men. Shame they couldn't hold on to a hard fought goal being a man down, and it was a outstanding strike by Rafael. The penalty that won it for Man Utd was soft, and I though the one not given against Suarez was more of a penalty. 23/9/12 EPL Liverpool vs Man Utd Liverpool 15/8 Ladbrokes 5/10 FT 1 - 2 -5 units

Interestingly there's only been three draws between Liverpool and united at anfield since 1990. I think that shows how much both sides usually really want the win. We were heading for a Liverpool win last season Before Hernandez scored in the 81st minute. Two draws in a row have never happened during that period' date=' which in itself doesn't make a draw a likely scenario because there's nothing to suggest It won't happen now. I think you could argue reasons for either united or Liverpool really, yet I'd never be confident backing Liverpool under three as they aren't as strong today as they have been in previous years, and are no longer a "top four" club. For that reason I'm tentatively siding with united. Liverpool have looked poor defensively, and seem unable to be having difficulties converting chances. Suarez has looked poor this season, despite scoring, he has missed a lot of chances in their games so far. Liverpool also look very light going forward overall, and more importantly they are making defensive errors. I don't think they've adapted yet to Rodgers' brand of football, nor do they seem to have a complete compliment of players capable of playing in that system. They seem to still need to clear players out and take another season of adjustment. United are still available @ 2.8 - William Hill, which I'm backing here.[/quote'] United weren't great today, but Liverpool did what they've been doing all season, in not taking the chances shown their way. Even after the sending off united allowed Liverpool a great chance to get three points.

Over 2.5 @ 2.02 :D
Well done to our lads for the spirit they played the game in and but for the stupidity of Shelvey, would have won today. They were the better side despite the send off and always looked the more likely of the two teams to find a way to score 11-19 (-5.47)