** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September

Jase82

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September I expect the price to drop and fall in line with the rest of the market before Sunday, but until then Van Persie anytime goalscorer at 2/1 (Coral) looks like a great price. Last year, playing for an Arsenal side that didn't possess the same creative options as United do, RVP managed to score consistently away from home against big teams. This included goals at Anfield last year. Most bookies have this at close to evens and for good reason.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September I really like odds on Liverpool here. No matter how poor they play, most people know that they increase their game when playing top sides and I don't think this game will be any different, considering that Red Devils are their arch rivals. Moreover, the Reds haven't lost to Man.United in their last 5 home games, recording 4 wins and 1 draw.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September

I really like odds on Liverpool here. No matter how poor they play' date=' most people know that they increase their game when playing top sides and I don't think this game will be any different, considering that Red Devils are their arch rivals. Moreover, the Reds haven't lost to Man.United in their last 5 home games, recording 4 wins and 1 draw.[/quote'] I just can't make my mind up about which way this game will go. I'm assuming that stat included cup games? I don't give much credence to league cup or early FA cup rounds to be honest. League games show a different story with Liverpool winning just three and United winning 5, although it has to be said that the most Liverpool have had the best of the most recent games. Then again, if you were going to take into account recent form, you'd have to take into account the fact that Liverpool are only out of the relegation zone by goal difference. As Musafa says though, they bizzarrely *(sp?) seem to suddenly remember how to play football when they play the big teams and were unlucky not to dispose of City earlier this season. But just as that is giving me a little bit of confidence in Liverpool's chances, it also serves to remind me that the reason that they didn't win against City is that Skrtel and Reina are both playing the worst football of their careers at the same time. Bugger it, I might just go for the draw

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September Man.United were lucky against Galatasaray in midweek and they were playing with the full strength squad and in my opinion Galatasaray deserved at least a draw at Old Trafford. Liverpool have a good record against Man.United at Anfield and out of the last 5 home games Liverpool won 4 and drew 1. Moreover, in each of the 4 games Liverpool won, they have scored at least 2 goals. Moreover, the Reds don't have any major absentees and if they play like they normally do against top sides I can see them winning this one and the odds are quite generous in my opinion. Liverpool @ 2.87 (5 units) William Hill Liverpool Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.50 (4 units) Bet365

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September I almost never go for the draw, but I think it might be a good choice here. Liverpool will surely be a different team at home vs. United. Even when they are at their worst shape, when this biggest rivalry in English football come to Anfield, Liverpool always play at their best. I am pretty sure that they are going to be the more aggressive and more pressing team on the pitch. United's shape away from home has been a little questionable. And as a whole, they haven't really impressed. I think that their game at Goodison park can be a good indicator for United's reaction when they are faced with aggressive pressure from the opposition, i.e. something which surely awaits them at Anfield, and the Mancs did not do well. I think that Liverpool will be the better team on the pitch, but feel that they won't manage to win. Most likely they will once again be victims of their huge weakness over the last year - conceding very easy and "unasked for" goals, especially at moments when Liverpool is totally dominating the game. I also expect them once again to make very silly misses just in front of the goal as they do in almost every important game recently, with Suarez being the most active in this respect. Another argument for the draw is that I think that Fergie will be more than happy with such score. He showed it at several consecutive visits at Anfield when he chose conservative and defensive formation, and his team stayed back in their half. I think that United once again will not open up and will wait for blunders in Liverpool's defense. Draw 3.4

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September I don't really see how United's performance yesterday adds weight to the chances of Liverpool winning. You could say that United weren't convincing against Galatasary but then you'd have to balance that out with Liverpool's performance at home in Europe the other week. United beat the team that are currently leading the Turkish championship. Liverpool couldn't beat a team that's in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership. The Scottish Premierhip for God's sake. How poor does that look?

United beat the team that are currently leading the Turkish championship. Liverpool couldn't beat a team that's in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership. The Scottish Premierhip for God's sake. How poor does that look?
That's a naive comparison. Two years ago, Liverpool were beaten and totally outplayed in turn by relegating West Ham and Portuguese Braga, and few days afterwards, they literally destroyed United and were by miles the better team. (the game when Kyut got a hattrick). Liverpool is always more motivated and more aggressive when this derby is played at Anfield, regardless of their condition at the particular moment. United can counter this motivation, aggressive game and the home factor, only by being in an excellent shape. Which they currently aren't. Of course they can always steal some win, but I think they will be dominated in terms of possession and goal-scoring chances on Sunday,

I expect the price to drop and fall in line with the rest of the market before Sunday, but until then Van Persie anytime goalscorer at 2/1 (Coral) looks like a great price.
Nice spot! 3.0 was still available this afternoon, but Coral price has dropped to 2.37. Best price now is Unibet at 2.7. Liverpool conceded 3 in the Europa League tonight, so it's unlikely that they'll keep United out for 90 minutes, with Van Persie being the most likely finisher. Also, I expect RVP to be restored to first choice penalty taker after Nani's shocker against Galtasaray.

Won't liverpool bring back their established players against united though. I don't think the reserves/youth team conceding three against the second best team in Switzerland is particularly relevant to this game. Equally as irrelevant is United's win against Galatasaray.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September I fancy us here, always confident at home against United in recent years, Liverpool always seem to find that extra 10-20% against their biggest rivals and I can see the same happening on Sunday. United have too many players that won't fancy this one, players like Nani who has undoubted talent but continues to have shockers in these type of games, Kagawa is still finding his feet and this could be a baptism of fire for him in a no doubt hostile, frantic type of match, United will probably resort to p,aching Giggs and/or Scholes in centre midfield for this one, trying to use their vast experience to dictate the speed of the game but this has failed in recent years with Liverpool having the legs on them, Vidic has a particularly bad record in this fixture being sent off on a number of occasions. I can see Liverpool coming out of the blocks all guns blazing in this one, Gerrard, Suarez, Skrtel and Agger in particular will be fired up. Last season United's main threat came from Antonio Valencia who caused Enrique all sorts of problems so I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly and RB and Johnson at LB to match his pace and trickery, also forcing him backwards with some attacking runs down the left, Rafael is a liability in my eyes and the right side of United's defence can be got at, something hopefully Sterling can exploit. I'll be backing the boys at - 9/5 PaddyPower Over 2.5 goals at - Evens PaddyPower Raheem Sterling First Goalscorer at - 16/1 Betfair

Interestingly there's only been three draws between Liverpool and united at anfield since 1990. I think that shows how much both sides usually really want the win. We were heading for a Liverpool win last season Before Hernandez scored in the 81st minute. Two draws in a row have never happened during that period, which in itself doesn't make a draw a likely scenario because there's nothing to suggest It won't happen now. I think you could argue reasons for either united or Liverpool really, yet I'd never be confident backing Liverpool under three as they aren't as strong today as they have been in previous years, and are no longer a "top four" club. For that reason I'm tentatively siding with united. Liverpool have looked poor defensively, and seem unable to be having difficulties converting chances. Suarez has looked poor this season, despite scoring, he has missed a lot of chances in their games so far. Liverpool also look very light going forward overall, and more importantly they are making defensive errors. I don't think they've adapted yet to Rodgers' brand of football, nor do they seem to have a complete compliment of players capable of playing in that system. They seem to still need to clear players out and take another season of adjustment. United are still available @ 2.8 - William Hill, which I'm backing here.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September 23rd September EPL Liverpool vs Man Utd Neither side has had a particularly great start to the season. Liverpool especially are yet to record a win in a poor start that goes into the record books, failing to win in their first four games. Liverpool were unlucky to not get the win against Man City, however defensive mistakes really are part of the game. Though some may call it bad luck, you may then argue that most goals comes from defensive mistakes and relatively fewer from good attacking play. The 3 - 0 loss at West Brom didn't tell half the story, though Liverpool were far from convincing in that match. Throw in the loss against Arsenal and the draw against Sunderland to complete the winless League streak. Liverpool last season under Dalglish also struggled. However it may be worth noticing that they were often criticised for poor performances against the smaller sides, saving their better ones against the big teams. Looking at the few games so far this season, it may also be the case. The game against Arsenal is slightly more interesting. Whilst to most fans the performance seen did look much better, and they created plenty of chances. However, those who saw a little more will feel that ultimately Rodgers was outplayed by Wengers tactics. Originally quoted from Hansen:, "If you play a team that's better at passing than you are, you are in trouble." Perhaps that can be the excuse, and even the person conducting the post match interview asked if that's how Rodgers wants his team to play like, suggesting the opposition. I don't think Rodgers was too pleased at the seemingly innocent comment. Man Utd are of course a different side with a contrasting style under Ferguson. Man Utd themselves have had a better start to the season. However, only perhaps the win against Wigan with the aid perhaps of a half time hairdryer can be regarded as more convincing. After losing against a brilliant Everton side on the opening set of fixtures, there followed two laboured 3 - 2 wins over Southampton and Fulham. Defensively, Man Utd have been exposed. It took a brilliant hat-trick from Van Persie to outscore their opponents and grab two late goals for the win. A sweaty win against Fulham wasn't convincing either, and they made their lives more difficult in the closing stages. More recently against Galatasaray, though ultimately Man Utd managed to keep a clean sheet, Galatasaray were denied very good penalty shouts in the first minute and in the last minute of stoppage time... times where the referee may be more reluctant to give them. Other than that, Galatasaray hit the woodwork 3 times from well worked chances and De Gea had to make some fine stops, including a double save. Looking quickly records for last season, the results are perfectly balanced. 2 - 1 home wins for either sides plus a 1 - 1 draw at Anfield. There was nothing patchy about Liverpool's performances in those games despite having a poor season. Though you may remember Kuyt scoring a late goal in the 2 - 1 win in the FA cup (I had money on under 2.5, and also a draw), it was still a win that was deserved in a tight game. Hernandez saved Man Utd late on also to grab a point in the last league meeting at Anfield. Though Man Utd shoved out a dodgy looking side, Liverpool were unlucky not to get the win and Liverpool missed numerous chances even after Hernandez scored to put themselves back in front. I know there's not chance of Liverpool being near even favourites at Anfield, but I still thought they'd be the slight favourites in a match of tight odds. Indeed, 2.875 3.300 2.820 looked pretty standard at first sight, but Liverpool were still the underdogs even with home advantage. That ultimately spells value to me. Both sides had half an eye on this fixture going into the midweek European matches, though Liverpool shoved out a reserve side to face Young Boys in a 3 - 5 win they had to adapt quickly in and show some character. Mentioned before, Man Utd put out a very strong side against Galatasaray, not wanting to repeat what happened last season in an unconvincing performance nevertheless. Man Utd also has some injury problems to the likes of Rooney and Young. The likes of Smalling and Phil Jones are also out with older problems. Liverpool in contrast have a more or less fit squad with some very minor injury concerns to more fringe players. Finally I don't want to sound like a mug, but I don't see this game being that much different to Man Utd's last trip down Merseyside to face Everton in the first game of the season. 23/9/12 EPL Liverpool vs Man Utd Liverpool 15/8 Ladbrokes 5/10 OPEN

That's a naive comparison. Two years ago, Liverpool were beaten and totally outplayed in turn by relegating West Ham and Portuguese Braga, and few days afterwards, they literally destroyed United and were by miles the better team. (the game when Kyut got a hattrick). Liverpool is always more motivated and more aggressive when this derby is played at Anfield, regardless of their condition at the particular moment. United can counter this motivation, aggressive game and the home factor, only by being in an excellent shape. Which they currently aren't. Of course they can always steal some win, but I think they will be dominated in terms of possession and goal-scoring chances on Sunday,
I was merely responding t the post that quoted United's performance against Galatasary as evidence that they could perform well against them. If you're going to take United's recent performance in Europe into account, then you have to also take Liverpool's into account. They have played two teams from two of the poorest leagues in the whole of Europe and failed to beat one of them and conceded three goals against the other one. I don't see them beating United but, as you say, Liverpool could always "steal" a win.

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September A Liverpool fan here and I during the time I am a fan I haven't been able to enjoy much of football glory - I am used to rather see different types of problems in the club. Sometimes are the owners, sometimes the players, sometimes the manager, the staff or even more complex combining some of those at the same time. And now somewhat people start talking about the same things again - the obviously bad start of the season and the unsecurity regarding the future performances that our new manager will bring and his overall impact on the team. And we have some pretty explicit issues now mostly in attack - Carrol may have not been great but he least he provided some diversification in offence; Kuyt was our hardworking bee on the pitch; now Suarez seems alone with the task to provide offensive power and productivity for the whole team. And I feel so bad about Lucas - he was really good just before the time he got that injury (and I really had lost faith in him and his abilities before his great performances). And here I thought he can help, be an asset to the season, master our defensive line and he got injured again. Anyway to get to my point - I can't remember many times that our team was standing good on the pitch and we were up against United. We constantly have some issues like now. But we sometimes managed to get some nice results - to be clear I do not expect us to overrun and outplay United. Can't see that as a very possible scenario. But I could expect a better team for this game - maybe something like against Man City. This game has always boosted our morale and gave extra performance in those 90 mins. So I expect the same - even more as our manager needs to deliver something positive soon and the pressure is growing (the whole net is full of funny cartoons of Liverpool these days). Same goes for United - they will lift themselves for the derby. The Red Devils also were not that convincing imho but here maybe a different story. Our recent history at Anfield is not that bad at all but it is hard for me to predict the exact outcome. So if I have to bet on the game I may go with BTTS though the odds are not great at all ~ 1.72. We have troubles in the offense aspect of the game but bearing in mind the scale of the game we should be able to score. United have nice firepower now but most importantly - both teams were if I could say not that great in defense these days. We see all the mistakes in particular the most outstanding against City for Liverpool (we lost the point due to bad defending) and the 4 goals scored by Fulham and Southampton against United. I just see great possibility of both defenses not being at the level they are expected and this could help to see a more interesting game. I haven't been to expressive in terms of the players involved in the game but just wanted to give my overall input and feeling about the game. GL!

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September A Liverpool fan here and I during the time I am a fan I haven't been able to enjoy much of football glory - I am used to rather see different types of problems in the club. Sometimes are the owners, sometimes the players, sometimes the manager, the staff or even more complex combining some of those at the same time. And now somewhat people start talking about the same things again - the obviously bad start of the season and the unsecurity regarding the future performances that our new manager will bring and his overall impact on the team. And we have some pretty explicit issues now mostly in attack - Carrol may have not been great but he least he provided some diversification in offence; Kuyt was our hardworking bee on the pitch; now Suarez seems alone with the task to provide offensive power and productivity for the whole team. And I feel so bad about Lucas - he was really good just before the time he got that injury (and I really had lost faith in him and his abilities before his great performances). And here I thought he can help, be an asset to the season, master our defensive line and he got injured again. Anyway to get to my point - I can't remember many times that our team was standing good on the pitch and we were up against United. We constantly have some issues like now. But we sometimes managed to get some nice results - to be clear I do not expect us to overrun and outplay United. Can't see that as a very possible scenario. But I could expect a better team for this game - maybe something like against Man City. This game has always boosted our morale and gave extra performance in those 90 mins. So I expect the same - even more as our manager needs to deliver something positive soon and the pressure is growing (the whole net is full of funny cartoons of Liverpool these days). Same goes for United - they will lift themselves for the derby. The Red Devils also were not that convincing imho but here maybe a different story. Our recent history at Anfield is not that bad at all but it is hard for me to predict the exact outcome. So if I have to bet on the game I may go with BTTS though the odds are not great at all ~ 1.72. We have troubles in the offense aspect of the game but bearing in mind the scale of the game we should be able to score. United have nice firepower now but most importantly - both teams were if I could say not that great in defense these days. We see all the mistakes in particular the most outstanding against City for Liverpool (we lost the point due to bad defending) and the 4 goals scored by Fulham and Southampton against United. I just see great possibility of both defenses not being at the level they are expected and this could help to see a more interesting game. I haven't been too expressive in terms of the players involved in the game but just wanted to give my overall input and feeling about the game. GL!

I was merely responding t the post that quoted United's performance against Galatasary as evidence that they could perform well against them. If you're going to take United's recent performance in Europe into account, then you have to also take Liverpool's into account. They have played two teams from two of the poorest leagues in the whole of Europe and failed to beat one of them and conceded three goals against the other one. I don't see them beating United but, as you say, Liverpool could always "steal" a win.
\ to add on this, agreeing with you: yes they could but with united's odds around 2,80 at the moment it is a crime not to bet some. their odds to win in anfield are around 2,40 and less usually (my statistics go back till 2008) and they havent made it so far they have lost 4 times and draw 1, the last 5 times they travelled to Liverpool, and i guess this is one of the reasons the odds on utd to win is so high but they are a better team and the value is with them so LIVERPOOL - MAN UTD. 2 DNB @ 2 with pinnacle with 9/10 LIVERPOOL - MAN UTD 2 @ 2,82 with pinnacle with 2/10

Re: Liverpool V Manchester United > 23rd September 5/10pts Over 2.5 goals - Evens with Stan James I'd have backed this down to 5/6 so I think this price is very good value and there's a point or so added because of that. Neither of these sides have been solid at the back this season so they are both likely to let one in and there's also enough firepower on the pitch to suggest both with score. This will be a huge occasion for all sorts of reasons and because it is a derby I can't see either side not going for the win. With the Hillsborough situation on top of what has happened between Evra and Suarez in the past the atmosphere will be on another level compared to recent games between the sides - having that in the stands isn't the kind of thing that is going to make the players sit back and settle too easily. I see this being a very open, fierce game and with the likes of Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling, Van Persie, Kagawa etc. on the field there is bound to be plenty of openings created against some fragile defenders.

Come on...You know pretty well that you cannot compare in absolutely no way a starting game in the Champions League after a sensational failure last year with meaningless Europa League football where Premiership teams field youngsters and second-choice players! All I was saying that I think the performance of United vs. Galatasaray has something to show us before Sunday. The game was very important for them and they had to win absolutely, but they were so close to failing it. Letting the guests of Galatasaray have so many great chances and control the ball for long periods of time should definitely speak of some weaknesses at the moment in United. This game just confirmed my overall impressions that I got from the games with Everton, Fulham and Southampton, that something is not okay in Manchester United right now. This makes it less likely in my opinion that they could get a victory at Anfield.

\ to add on this, agreeing with you: yes they could but with united's odds around 2,80 at the moment it is a crime not to bet some. their odds to win in anfield are around 2,40 and less usually (my statistics go back till 2008) and they havent made it so far they have lost 4 times and draw 1, the last 5 times they travelled to Liverpool, and i guess this is one of the reasons the odds on utd to win is so high but they are a better team and the value is with them so LIVERPOOL - MAN UTD. 2 DNB @ 2 with pinnacle with 9/10 LIVERPOOL - MAN UTD 2 @ 2,82 with pinnacle with 2/10
It might be my bad memory but I actually thought uniteds odds for this game is much lower than in previous meetings. I don't recall them being 7/5 to win away at anfield? Actually I just had a quick look on the flashscore archives and their last meeting at anfield united were priced at around 2/1, which is higher than the 9/5 offered in this. I even hesitate to look at meetings from last season. http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/jgOpfjmT/?of=uk#odds-comparison;1x2-odds;full-time

It might be my bad memory but I actually thought uniteds odds for this game is much lower than in previous meetings. I don't recall them being 7/5 to win away at anfield? Actually I just had a quick look on the flashscore archives and their last meeting at anfield united were priced at around 2/1, which is higher than the 9/5 offered in this. I even hesitate to look at meetings from last season. http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/jgOpfjmT/?of=uk#odds-comparison;1x2-odds;full-time
I suggest not to hesitate and have a look. Even in the link above paddy power, sporting bet and william hill price them at 7/4. Anyway it seems now that their price is falling.

Hi:welcome Привет :)
привет! Мустафа, а где тут в каком разделе можно открыть тему со своими ставками, я вчера хотел открыть себе тему в глори хантерс но там смотрю не очень приветствуют это

All I was saying that I think the performance of United vs. Galatasaray has something to show us before Sunday. The game was very important for them and they had to win absolutely, but they were so close to failing it. Letting the guests of Galatasaray have so many great chances and control the ball for long periods of time should definitely speak of some weaknesses at the moment in United. This game just confirmed my overall impressions that I got from the games with Everton, Fulham and Southampton, that something is not okay in Manchester United right now. This makes it less likely in my opinion that they could get a victory at Anfield.
Whilst it's rubbish to say that they "had to win absolutely" against Galatasaray (they would still have been odds-on to qualify from the group even if they had drawn this week) I agree with you that United have made a far from convincing start to the season. That's absolutely correct. But they're not the ones struggling just above the relegation zone.

привет! Мустафа' date=' а где тут в каком разделе можно открыть тему со своими ставками, я вчера хотел открыть себе тему в глори хантерс но там смотрю не очень приветствуют это[/quote'] Отдельную тему нельзя открыть. Добавляй свои ставки в соответсвующих разделах чтобы все видели. Например, если это Английская Премьер Лига то здесь (по каждой отдельной игре своя тема), если Российская Премьер Лига, то в соответсвующей теме.

Отдельную тему нельзя открыть. Добавляй свои ставки в соответсвующих разделах чтобы все видели. Например' date=' если это Английская Премьер Лига то здесь (по каждой отдельной игре своя тема), если Российская Премьер Лига, то в соответсвующей теме.[/quote'] Guys I know you're both being friendly :) but could you please leave the non English out of thread :) sorry!

Guys I know you're both being friendly :) but could you please leave the non English out of thread :) sorry!
Just I was not able to write him a personal message, guess it is because he is new to the forum. Sorry for spamming.