Exposed/Unexposed

scotty657

I can't give u a definition because for me, it often depends on the make-up of the race. EG. In April, most 3yos and all 2yos are completely unexposed... From a punting point of view, it is my opinion that whilst many unexposed horses are winners, many of them are overbet on the back of this likelihood and often represent good laying opportunities or push others out to decent prices to be backed at... Each race in its own merits though.

Re: Exposed/Unexposed

What would be your definition of these terms when looking at a horse? My gathering would be that an exposed is a horse which is seen to have ran to it's limits and easier to back or shrug off and vice-versa?
an exposed horse imo is one that has ran many times in the season particularly at the same distance and his handicap mark is now most probably known and room for improvement looks limited and there fore is "exposed" to the punter.Unexposed would be a horse that has not ran many times and room for improvement looks possible?

Re: Exposed/Unexposed Yeah, I think it revolves how well known the horse's ability is Have a quick look at the two market leaders in the 2.50 at carlisle The favourite has run 7 times and has finished 2nd or 3rd on it's last 6 runs..........it's not been hidden at the back of the field to get a good handicap mark. Having placed so often you can assume it's been trying and has run to its merits............therefore we and the handicapper have a pretty good idea now of how good this horse is............it's ability is 'exposed' in the sense of being known The second favourite has run just once, finished 2nd...........is open to improvement because he's only run the once, and after just one run we can't know how good he's going to be...........so he's unexposed in the sense that his ability is still unknown, he could be a lot better than he's shown so far in his one run As of now the favourite, exposed, has the better form but less scope to improve on what he's done The second favourite, unexposed, hasn't got as good form in the book but might be better than is form to date

Re: Exposed/Unexposed

Yeah, I think it revolves how well known the horse's ability is Have a quick look at the two market leaders in the 2.50 at carlisle The favourite has run 7 times and has finished 2nd or 3rd on it's last 6 runs..........it's not been hidden at the back of the field to get a good handicap mark. Having placed so often you can assume it's been trying and has run to its merits............therefore we and the handicapper have a pretty good idea now of how good this horse is............it's ability is 'exposed' in the sense of being known The second favourite has run just once, finished 2nd...........is open to improvement because he's only run the once, and after just one run we can't know how good he's going to be...........so he's unexposed in the sense that his ability is still unknown, he could be a lot better than he's shown so far in his one run As of now the favourite, exposed, has the better form but less scope to improve on what he's done The second favourite, unexposed, hasn't got as good form in the book but might be better than is form to date
Very well explained , don't think this can be bettered.