The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre

Stevens, before the Malta Cup had won a grand total of 0 matches this season, you take 1.61 on that player at your peril. Don't forget this is Jimmy's home venue and nearly always plays well here too. I just cannot believe that you think Stevens is good value @ 1.61 and I'm almost collapsing in astonishment that you consider it "stealing money" because quite simply it's not.
What can I say Paul, you were spot on. When Jimmy started to come back, I thought fcuk my money I want him to win. Thats got to be up there as one of my all time great matches. Even though I lost money, Wow, how awesome was Jimmy when he was on his comeback trail! If he plays like that next round(not the first 4 frames) then he could reach the final, just depends wether he can produce it on a consistant basis in this tourney.

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre Well done, Mr. Brown :clap I just arrived home and could not believe /me own eyes when I saw the final score. I had a bet on Jimmy @2,40 before the match and an in-running @3,50 during second frame. At that time he couldnt get into the match really so was thinking to put some quids on Matthew in order to even bets out as I thought Jimmy is going down. But :tongue2 smth was telling me that Jimmy has to show some snooker eventually and with crowd being 100% behind him as always I decided to leave the bets on. And what a crackin match it was! After Fu let me down already Jimmy saved my bacon today. I say: to the final Jimmy :) cheers

On another note, snooker is becoming alarmingly difficult to predict or maybe it's just me who's shit. :lol I mean Ebdon winning 6-0 was never on the cards on form, Davis beating Hunter etc...:\
Aye, next we're gonna see Mark Williams play some consistent snooker!:loon

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre As I am at home watching this on Eurosport, I am going to lay all the short priced favourites, live markets always over-react, and Doherty is already out to 2.14, so, hopefully I will soon be able to back him to at least get my stake back.

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre J.Higgins v C.Small ok small has some health problems but higgins at a lay of 1.14? isnt that way too low,im going to lay even if he thrashes Small you can lose much,if small does any but good i can lock in a profit Also lads check out the lay prices when a fave goes ahead 1-0 or 2-0,Ronnie went ahead 2-0 today and was 1.12 to lay,still has to win 4 more frames!! when it was 5-3 ronnie was 1.1 to lay,with only 1 frame left to win!! ,same happened with Stevens yesterday, right just laid Higgins at 1.12,i cant see the point of backing at 1.12 at all,anyway lets see what occurs,

On another note, snooker is becoming alarmingly difficult to predict or maybe it's just me who's shit. :lol I mean Ebdon winning 6-0 was never on the cards on form, Davis beating Hunter etc...:\
I agree. I still can't believe Davis beat Hunter. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. In the meantime I'm looking to gain a bit of revenge on Mr.Davis.... 10pt single: P.Ebdon - S.Davis @ 1.38 (6-1) :D

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre Hendry-Lee has unquestionably been the most clearcut match of the round since the draw was made for me - Hendry is simply on top of his game, not to mention he'd probably still be a class above Lee even if he never stepped out of second gear. ;) He just looks too short for the win - would certainly take a bite on the handicap betting. 8 pts on Hendry -2.5 Frames (1.83 @ Ladbrokes)

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre Although I agree with all the accolades for Hendry, I would never back big stakes in a race to 6 - save them for the world championships. Id be inclined to have a small wager on Lee, I just got on @ 11/2 ON BETFAIR after a frame down..... Lee is no mug, although he has underperformed for too long now but still wouldn't count him out if he gets a few early frames on the board. LSL

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre what do people think of 4.00 on betfair for lee to win with a +2.5?? that means he needs to win 3 more frames to hendrys 3 more. obviously hendry is playing better, but im looking at laying it off if lee wins a frame or two. not looking at a big profit just something to make my boring afternoon at work go a bit quicker!!

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre Got to have a small interest in McManus at 6/4 with Tote v Mark Williams. Williams is pretty poor at the moment, even by his own admission. He could come good, but his confidence seems low, and McManus will grind. It could be too much for Williams, who is now prone to losing concentration.

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre It's been a bad week so far on the spread with big losses on Hunter, Doherty and Stevens. a bit of a recovery yesterday with Hendry (about 255 of loss). I am now considering going "All In" on Ebdon against Davis. I don't think Davis will live with him. Hunter was appalling against Davis with a top break of 54 and Ebdon played as well as I've seen him against Gray. Ebdon all the way. Any thoughts?

Re: The Masters Snooker at Wembley Conf Centre Ebdon -2 frames at 6/5 with Stan James looks like a decent price, Pobby. Ebdon best price 1/3 to win the match at Blue Sq, Bet 365 and Paddy Power. Perhaps the best bet in my opinion would be Ebdon to have the highest break in the match, at 8/13 with Bet Direct. But then I lost a wad betting on Hunter to have the highest break against Davis. Hunter was woeful, and rest assured never again will any of my money go on Hunter in any shape or form.