Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 Steve Evans is much overrated because of what he achieved with Crawley when money was pumped in. It's good to remember that prior to the sudden influx of cash they were an average Conference side. So, the conclusion is that if Rotherham have some money to spare then they may be doing well, otherwise they have an average manager.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 He is hated within league two (Evans) and I can see many teams raising their game when they face Rotherham. I wouldn't touch them at the odds available. They are well fancied every year and every year they fail. They have also lost a great striker in Lewis Grabban despite their additions. Last season I said we (Bradford) could be a good outside bet for relegation. I am more optimistic this season with some fantastic signings, 3 that could have gone to higher leagues. We got Andrew Davies from Stoke, previously on around 15k a week that we honestly thought we had no chance of signing. He was a rock last year in the centre of defence. Our POTY Luke Oliver has signed a 2 year deal and we also got Rory McArdle when league one teams were sniffing around. We've signed Garry Thompson today, he was at Scunny and scored 8 last season. We've also signed what I consider a great midfielder in Gary Jones (Rochdale) despite his age. I'll do a more in depth post on our squad nearer the start of the season. The best team I saw last season were Cheltenham, they are well overpriced.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 Wycombe looks interesting at 25/1, they've made six signings recently with some of them looking decent to me. Matthew Spring and Gary Doherty are very experienced at a higher level, not too clued up how they performed last year? I know Doherty was there last year for a period. Sam Wood was once quite highly rated at Brentford and knows this level well, once again not sure how he performed on loan at Rotherham last year? Stuart Beavon got 20 goals in League 1 last year so if they can keep hold of him that will be a big plus. Garry Waddock got them straight back up when they were relegated 3 seasons ago so he knows what to do to get them out of this division. 25/1 looks value to me, or 5/1 on promotion, Opinions?

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 I think Plymouth are a tad overpriced, I expect a good year from them. They started picking up some good results on the back end of last season and I expect a few more shrewd signings before it all kicks off. The owner is also not scared to get his chequebook out which is always a good thing for a League 2 side, They have some very talented youngsters in their squad with the likes of Curtis Weston mixed in with the experience of the likes of Darren Purse and Warren Feeney I think Argyle are set for a good season.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 This isn't massive news, but we are about to sell our goalkeeper Gazzaniga and central midfielder J.Payne to Championship or Premiership sides (Gazza 500k?, J.Payne 750k+?), coupled with the sell-on clause for Matt Jarvis we are about to come into a fairly significant amount of money. Mad Dog Allen has been on Talksport today saying these transfers (if they go through) will give us a budget to compete with the top of the league. Anyone who spends money in this league has a fair chance and if we start splashing the cash our antepost price is likely to tumble, its hardly like we are a poor side anyway, so the 22/1 for us might be worth looking at. There aren't any stand out sides this year, and over the next couple of weeks we might be worth keeping an eye on..

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 HastGill - have you had any transfers in? Is Kedwell still going to be your main striker? How's your midfiled? Last season it looked like you didn't really replaced Rooney. Is it still the case? I would expect Gillingham to do reasonably well but last season you were too inconsistent to make real impact.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13

HastGill - have you had any transfers in? Is Kedwell still going to be your main striker? How's your midfiled? Last season it looked like you didn't really replaced Rooney. Is it still the case? I would expect Gillingham to do reasonably well but last season you were too inconsistent to make real impact.
Nope, no players in. Took over 2 months to get Allen in, which has possibly put us a bit behind but the set-up looks more balanced this year with Hessenthaler now in charge of scouting and player development, not strictly a 'director of football' though..translates as Hess is great at spotting a player but isn't up to scratch as a manager, for us to miss out on the play-offs by one place two seasons on the trot isn't good enough, with the squad we have we should be doing better. We were a bizarre team last season, too many high scoring games, a defence that looked a shambles at times but scoring goals by the bucketload. We have Adam Birchall back now after he missed the whole of last season with a cruciate injury, he was signed to partner Kedwell after his heroics at Dover, but whether he is still the same player we will have to wait and see.. Mad dog Allen certainly talks a good game and has impressed the supporters, they players are in France currently training 3 times a day, the first session starting at 7am! Fitness was a major concern last season, I just think Hess was too much 'one of the lads' and standards slipped, I'm certain given Allen's history we will be one of the fittest sides this time around. I'm not saying we should be favourites to go up with the current team, but if the deals I mentioned go through (and it appears likely) we will have significant funds to strengthen I would imagine we will enter the transfer market and for all of Scally's faults he will back a manager. Worth keeping an eye on anyway..there isn't any 'standout' sides this year, Rotherham always flatter to decieve, Fleetwood aren't Crawley, looks a weaker league this year to me still plenty of cannon fodder that would struggle in the Conference.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 I agree with you that this time around it's very difficult to foresee what is going to happen. Well, truth be told, I am finding League Two very difficult to call year in, year out and therefore I won't be having any ante-post bets and will probably wait for the first 2-3 rounds to be played before taking any matchday bets. My gut feeling (which is way to liitle to have a bet;)) is telling me that this may be the season for the teams who had been relegated the year before - Bristol Rovers and Bradford. Chuck in the usual yoyo team of Wycombe Wanderers, York city, who I think will be stronger that Fleetwood, plus I'm hoping (again too little to have a bet) that Terry Brown can replicate what he did with Wimbledon in the Conference (mediocre first season and promotion through playoffs in the second one) and you really have a league where no obvious value can be found before it all kicks off.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 I think Southend could also be of interest. Dickenson did well last season and the addition of Freddy Eastwood will surely see plenty of goals. They have added highly rated defenders Straker and Cresswell to a back four that boasts experienced players like Gilbert and Barker If they can hang onto Ferdinand, Sawyer and Moshni who have all attracted interest from teams in higher divisions they should be strong challngers at 16/1 winners and 7/2 to be promoted.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 This has to be one of the most open years ever. Yes, the Merry Millers have some cash to flash but this was said about Crawley last season. I would rather bet on a club going in the right direction with a stable spine(at a good price) than one who may just get lucky "flashing the cash"(at a false price). Therefore my money will be on the likes of Plymouth(25/1 various), Gillingham(22/1, Bet365, Boylesports) and Aldershot Town(40/1 various). My reasons being that now that Plymouth are " out of the woods" they must be a threat. Ground, support and their isolation means they must get at least 50 points from their 23 home games which should set them up for a 70+ point haul. Gillingham have bought well, they mean business and should be there or thereabouts. Finally Aldershot. I will admit to a bit of heart-over-head here as they are my local team however all I have heard is positives pre season. The retention of Dean Holdsworth after his rejection of the approach from Crawley is huge plus our finish to last season which so nearly resulted in a play off place bodes well for the forthcoming season. Just my two penneth.

This has to be one of the most open years ever. Yes' date=' the Merry Millers have some cash to flash but this was said about Crawley last season. I would rather bet on a club going in the right direction with a stable spine(at a good price) than one who may just get lucky "flashing the cash"(at a false price). Therefore my money will be on the likes of Plymouth(25/1 various), Gillingham(22/1, Bet365, Boylesports) and Aldershot Town(40/1 various). My reasons being that now that Plymouth are " out of the woods" they must be a threat. Ground, support and their isolation means they must get at least 50 points from their 23 home games which should set them up for a 70+ point haul. Gillingham have bought well, they mean business and should be there or thereabouts. Finally Aldershot. I will admit to a bit of heart-over-head here as they are my local team however all I have heard is positives pre season. The retention of Dean Holdsworth after his rejection of the approach from Crawley is huge plus our finish to last season which so nearly resulted in a play off place bodes well for the forthcoming season. Just my two penneth.[/quote'] I agree largely, this is a bloody difficult league to call generally lets be honest. Can virtually guarantee there will be at least 2 surprise teams in the top 7 at the end of the season, as there usually is, but its certainly got a more open look to it this year. From the Gills point of view Gazzanaiga has gone to Southampton for 1m+, we haven't bought anyone impressive though. Notts County keeper Nelson has joined us and will be first choice, Mk Dons centre back Flanagan has joined on a 6 month loan which was a bit of a surprise as he started 20 odd matches for them last year, other than that its just squad players but Allen has said he does want to get more quality into the side. I don't think you could find much reason to back us to go up unless we strengthen the first team. Otherwise I see us as a play-off team at best, unless Allen really makes a difference to how we perform with pretty much the same starting X1.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 2pts EW - Cheltenham to win League 2 @ 25-1 Bet365 I felt these were the best side I saw home and away last season. They made it to the play off final but that proved a game too far. They are decent all over the pitch with Marlon Pack running midfield and they have made 2 fantastic additions with the signing of Zebroski and Harrad has joined on a season long loan deal from Bury. They play good football the right way and with 2 excellent strikers sure to be in the goals I feel they could be the value against short priced teams like Rotherham. I would have them around half these odds.

2pts EW - Cheltenham to win League 2 @ 25-1 Bet365 I felt these were the best side I saw home and away last season. They made it to the play off final but that proved a game too far. They are decent all over the pitch with Marlon Pack running midfield and they have made 2 fantastic additions with the signing of Zebroski and Harrad has joined on a season long loan deal from Bury. They play good football the right way and with 2 excellent strikers sure to be in the goals I feel they could be the value against short priced teams like Rotherham. I would have them around half these odds.
Yep, agree. They have kept hold of Pack too and McGlashan is a decent winger. If I had to tip someone in the 20's odds range it would be Cheltenham.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 No one has mentioned Bradford,aside from one of their own fans?Why?At 20/1 they can't be ignored given their activity in the transfer market. Parkinson has made some astute signings and given they were a soft touch last season I can probably see why they are 20/1. Former Liverpool reserve captain Stephen Darby,Garry Thompson from Scunthorpe,Gary Jones former Rochdale stalwart will add much needed steel in the middle of the park and James Meredith,Will Atkinson and utility man Nathan Doyle have also signed.Couple these with signing of Alan Connell form Swindon to partner Hanson I would fully expect them to be challenging at the right end of the table this season. At 20/1 they are too good to miss.They have also managed to keep hold of Nakhi Wells and with the experienced Ricky Ravenhill to drive them forward they could have a good season.Pile into them at that price.

No one has mentioned Bradford' date='aside from one of their own fans?Why?At 20/1 they can't be ignored given their activity in the transfer market. Parkinson has made some astute signings and given they were a soft touch last season I can probably see why they are 20/1. Former Liverpool reserve captain Stephen Darby,Garry Thompson from Scunthorpe,Gary Jones former Rochdale stalwart will add much needed steel in the middle of the park and James Meredith,Will Atkinson and utility man Nathan Doyle have also signed.Couple these with signing of Alan Connell form Swindon to partner Hanson I would fully expect them to be challenging at the right end of the table this season. At 20/1 they are too good to miss.They have also managed to keep hold of Nakhi Wells and with the experienced Ricky Ravenhill to drive them forward they could have a good season.Pile into them at that price.[/quote'] We have a feeling it will be hard to keep hold of Nakhi Wells, apparently Sunderland were sniffing around last season and scouting him. He supposedly had quite a bad attitude at Carlisle but he seems to have sorted it out now. We played a pre season friendly against Guiseley last week, the opposition may be poor but the 2 goals that Wells scored were top class, a bullet header and a cracking shot. It looks like Hanson and Wells will be the first team partnership with Connell, Hannah and a young lad Baker fighting it out from the bench for a start. We think Thompson might be used on the right wing and Atkinson has been woeful. Defence looks strong, even more so now we have Nathan Doyle. Oliver looks fantastic and was our POTY last season, McArdle or Davies to partner him at centre back. We had been beating poor opposition in pre season friendlies and optimism was high but then we played Bury on Saturday and lost 3-0, crashing back down to earth. We should be at least pushing for a play off place but if we get a glut of injuries it will be short term loans again coming in to plug the gaps. I'm quite optimistic about the coming season and wouldn't put anyone off having a few quid on us at around 20-1.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 Aldershot for me too. Based in the second half of last season, they were in playoff form (5th). They ended up 11th which masks the improvement in that period. Madjo and Hylton both made it onto the top scorers chart and I think they could be the surprise package. If you defend well and keep games tight you have every chance at our level. They are +24 pts on the handicap, 18/1. Ive also backed my own team, Bradford, as I think out signings have been superb, outright at 25/1 and 5/1 for promotion. Have backed southend, Cheltenham and Torquay for 7 seven finishes too, again, because of tight defences. Madjo is 100/1 top scorer so had a cheeky fiver EW and Nahki Wells is different gear at this level and looks big at 40/1. As mowgli said though, there's a danger he'll be gone in January.

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 Barnet supporter here. Firstly an insight into our expectations... I'm not usually a short odds punter, but i've got stuck into the 5/2 for Barnet to be relegated (11/4 Victor, 13/5 Blue Square...I can't get on with them!). The rational behind this is that for the last 3 seasons we have survived relegation on the last day of the season. In each of the previous 3 seasons there were reasons to believe that we had enough about us to aim for mid-table with the squads that we had. This year we have nothing. Our top goalscorer last season (and joint top League Two goal scorer) Izale McLeod with 18 goals has left refusing to sign an extension to his contract. I spoke to the chairman and he told me that he offered him and his agent 3 deals between November and February, the last of which was double his existing deal, but he made it clear that he was leaving at the end of the season. We have not replaced him and without his goals we are doomed. Izale won games on his own for us last year. We released our no 1 GK Dean Brill who improved last year and was much better than the inexperienced Liam O'Brien who will compete against another kid Sam Cowler who spent a portion of the last season playing for our youth team. Our defence has always been our problem since rejoining the league and it looks as weak as i've ever seen it this season. Expect some heavy defeats! We have rebuilt since the last game of the season releasing players down to having only 8 players left at the club. We now have 20 players with a mixture of promoting youth, signing youth from our new manager Mark Robson's previous clubs (West Ham, Charlton) and one experienced league two player. In short we have a very weak, inexperienced squad and we will be the whipping boys this year. Great!

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 I really fancy Southend to win the league this year. I think their squad is much stronger than the likes of Rotherham and Fleetwood who are much shorter in the betting. There are goals all over the park in their team and Sturrock really got them ticking last year. Inticing Southend legend Freddy Eastwood back is a plus too. At 18/1 with Coral they are a strong bet for me. Others to consider is Bradford for the reasons already stated and I believe that Dagenham and Redbridge are worth an each way dabble at 80/1 with Stan James. The daggers got off to a great start last season under the management of John Still earning 9 from the first 12 points available, but then hit an awful run of losing 14 of their next 16 matches. They got it together towards the end of the campaign comfortably avoiding relegation by 16 points. Still was responsible for getting the Daggers promoted from league two 2 seasons ago on a shoestring budget and I reckon he's capable of getting them to an automatic spot this year. He has pin pointed away games as a big area for improvement in pre season arranging 9 of their 11 friendlies to be away from home and they have been banging goals in for fun(albeit against weaker opposition). With recent previous form of success in this league i'm willing to include them at such a big price.

Barnet supporter here. Firstly an insight into our expectations... I'm not usually a short odds punter, but i've got stuck into the 5/2 for Barnet to be relegated (11/4 Victor, 13/5 Blue Square...I can't get on with them!). The rational behind this is that for the last 3 seasons we have survived relegation on the last day of the season. In each of the previous 3 seasons there were reasons to believe that we had enough about us to aim for mid-table with the squads that we had. This year we have nothing. Our top goalscorer last season (and joint top League Two goal scorer) Izale McLeod with 18 goals has left refusing to sign an extension to his contract. I spoke to the chairman and he told me that he offered him and his agent 3 deals between November and February, the last of which was double his existing deal, but he made it clear that he was leaving at the end of the season. We have not replaced him and without his goals we are doomed. Izale won games on his own for us last year. We released our no 1 GK Dean Brill who improved last year and was much better than the inexperienced Liam O'Brien who will compete against another kid Sam Cowler who spent a portion of the last season playing for our youth team. Our defence has always been our problem since rejoining the league and it looks as weak as i've ever seen it this season. Expect some heavy defeats! We have rebuilt since the last game of the season releasing players down to having only 8 players left at the club. We now have 20 players with a mixture of promoting youth, signing youth from our new manager Mark Robson's previous clubs (West Ham, Charlton) and one experienced league two player. In short we have a very weak, inexperienced squad and we will be the whipping boys this year. Great!
Lost 5 - 1 at Birmingham last night....it's going to be a long, painful season. 5/2 relegation is a steal!

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 Gillingham Seeing as the season is drawing closer I thought I'd add a little bit more to what HastGill1 has already said about Gillingham. Reading a lot of fans previews no one seems to rate Gillingham's chances this season. Although I'm a season ticket holder I still can't see the logic behind people thinking we'll underachieve. After narrowly missing out on the play off's last season the team really only needs tweaking. New manager Martin Allen has come in and already improved the fitness and passing which came into criticism last season from the fans. His tactical knowledge also looks very good - again something Hessenthaler was criticised for last season. Whilst summer signings haven't raised eyebrows they don't really need to. We spent a fair bit of money last summer on Danny Kedwell, Adam Birchall, Chris Whelpdale and Charlie Lee and it was only towards the end of the season that the latter two reached the expectations that their previous loan spells had set so high. Allen has gone on record today though as saying we are still talking to players to improve the starting XI. Despite the fans negative opinion of Chairman Paul Scally, his backing of the managers in the transfer market cannot be doubted as last season showed with the impressive loan signings of Jo Kuffour and Frank Nouble. This will certainly be an advantage towards the end of the season when that extra bit of quality is needed or when injuries hit. As has already been mentioned above, young goalkeeper Gazzaniga joined Southampton for a reported fee of around £1,000,000. If Matt Jarvis' expected transfer to West Ham goes through then we receive 15% of the reported £10,000,000 transfer fee. Young midfielder Jack Payne also looks likely to leave at some point with a £700,000 deal to Peterborough falling through only a few weeks ago. Ryan Bertrand's England debut also netted the Gills £200,000 tonight. Whilst we are still currently in debt, expect Scally to back Allen in the transfer market with some of these transfer fees. Pre season form has been good and was topped off with a deserved 2-1 away win against Bristol City in the Capital One cup last night. 5/1 for promotion therefore at least looks like a bet that will keep you interested until the end of the season. I'd bet my house on that. At 33/1, Danny Kedwell could also be a decent bet for top goalscorer. Penalties made up a large number of Kedwell's 15 goals last season and pre season form has been good with 5 against Conference teams or higher. A real workhorse, Kedwell has been told by Allen to stay around the area more this season which will surely lead to more open play goals to go with the penalties. Also keep an eye out for promising midfielder Bradley Dack. He's already scored 6(??) in pre-season, albeit 4 in one match against weak opposition, so is already making the step up. He's been compared to Frank Lampard after his 26 goals from midfield in the youth team last season. Thought I'd mention this as you may be able to get a bit of value in the goalscoring markets if you see him starting at the beginning of the season, as I'm sure many bookies won't have caught on. Bet:- Gillingham to be promoted @ 5/1 (various bookmakers) 2 points (5) Outside Bet:- Danny Kedwell to be L2 Top goalscorer @ 33/1 (Bet365 and SkyBet) 0.5 pts Tip:- Look out for Bradley Dack in the goalscoring markets when starting.

Barnet supporter here. Firstly an insight into our expectations... I'm not usually a short odds punter, but i've got stuck into the 5/2 for Barnet to be relegated (11/4 Victor, 13/5 Blue Square...I can't get on with them!). The rational behind this is that for the last 3 seasons we have survived relegation on the last day of the season. In each of the previous 3 seasons there were reasons to believe that we had enough about us to aim for mid-table with the squads that we had. This year we have nothing. Our top goalscorer last season (and joint top League Two goal scorer) Izale McLeod with 18 goals has left refusing to sign an extension to his contract. I spoke to the chairman and he told me that he offered him and his agent 3 deals between November and February, the last of which was double his existing deal, but he made it clear that he was leaving at the end of the season. We have not replaced him and without his goals we are doomed. Izale won games on his own for us last year. We released our no 1 GK Dean Brill who improved last year and was much better than the inexperienced Liam O'Brien who will compete against another kid Sam Cowler who spent a portion of the last season playing for our youth team. Our defence has always been our problem since rejoining the league and it looks as weak as i've ever seen it this season. Expect some heavy defeats! We have rebuilt since the last game of the season releasing players down to having only 8 players left at the club. We now have 20 players with a mixture of promoting youth, signing youth from our new manager Mark Robson's previous clubs (West Ham, Charlton) and one experienced league two player. In short we have a very weak, inexperienced squad and we will be the whipping boys this year. Great!
I venture onto other clubs forums as it tends to give a good idea of where they see their team, if you can find a level-headed poster which is often a struggle! And I would say the Barnet fans don't seem confident of staying up at all. McLeod seemed to give up after the Johnstones Paint trophy defeat to the Swine and didn't contribute much in the final third of the season, but I imagine he already had it in his mind he was going to leave and you can't really blame him I guess, needs to further his career while he still can. You do get the feeling Barnet are just delaying the inevitable by scraping past relegation season after season, little reason to think they won't be down there again this season. It's sad when you bet on your own team to go down but whenever I've bet on the Gills to lose they seem to scrape a draw so maybe it will have the same effect on Barnet this season, would be sad to see them go as they are one of our more local games but as you say their time in the football league could well come to an end this season, they don't seem to have strengthened at all and gone backwards.
Gillingham Bet:- Gillingham to be promoted @ 5/1 (various bookmakers) 2 points (5) Outside Bet:- Danny Kedwell to be L2 Top goalscorer @ 33/1 (Bet365 and Skybet) 0.5 pts Tip:- Look out for Bradley Dack in the goalscoring markets when starting.
Good to hear from a fellow Gills fan. Anyone can look at ours games last season and see organisation was massively lacking, I think we ended up in the top 3 scorers in the league last year but conceded far too many and were involved in mad games with daft scorelines. I don't like tipping my own side (unlike some Bradford fans who generally seem do it every year! :p) but looking at it objectively, mad dog will get us conceding less goals I'm sure of that, and the players will definitely be fitter which was a massive problem last year for me. As for money, we did overspend last year and some of the money that's come in will go towards paying that off, and we have loans to directors to pay back so we don't really know how much is available, but then most of this is windfall money for me. Getting 600k-1m for Gazza after getting him on a free last summer couldn't have been foreseen, 15% of 10m for Jarvis, 200k for Bertrand playing for England, as you say add up those sums and we must have serious cash in the coffers which is great. I don't think we will sign another striker, we have a lean fit Kedwell and we will be playing to his strengths this season (I've also had a tenner on him for topscorer at 40/1), Birchall, Strevens and Deon Burton who is apparently training very well to come in so we look strong in that area. I don't think we will sign any squad players MA has stated that anyone we get in now will be first teamers and as you say we didn't need an overhaul of the squad its more than good enough. I would say we are a reasonable each-way bet but I'm sure a fair few teams are saying that at this time of year.. I'll be there on Sat to see who out of us and Bradford has good reason to be confident this season!

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 It's worth pointing out that Martin Allen doesn't stay at a club for too long. I wouldn't fancy him to last the season regardless of how well Gillingham do in the league. All Allen has proved throughout his managerial career so far is that he has zero loyalty. His track record isn't the best either: First managerial job Barnet 03/04 - after getting us into a playoff spot with 3 months of the season to go he left us for Brentford. We were expected to be contending for promotion pre season and the next season under Paul Fairclough we won the Conference with ease. Brentford - his longest spell and arguably his most successful stint at a club. In his first season he saved Brentford from relegation. I think he got two successive play-off spots in the next two seasons (maybe only one)? He left after falling out with the board. MK Dons - spent the next season at MK Dons. They had a wealth of riches by League Two standards (including Izale McLeod at his best when he won his England under 21 cap), but he only managed a play off spot. He left the club for Leicester. The next season MK Dons achieved promotion to League One. Leicester - Once again he upset the board and had his contract mutually terminated after a handful of games in charge. Cheltenham - He left the club before he could get sacked. Trivial what went on, but he was placed on gardening leave by the club over an incident in a night club. I'm pretty sure it was reported as being racially motivated which I'm amazed the press hasn't jumped on seen as the tribunal case has just gone against Gillingham. Barnet - managed us for 3 games before jumping ship again to manage Notts County. Our chairman vowed never to appoint him again after this. Notts County - Sacked half way through the next season. Barnet - Came back to Barnet for the last 3 games of last year. Gillingham ??????

Re: Antepost > League 2 > 2012/13 3pts Rotherham United to win League 2 7/2 Betfred Whatever people think about Steve Evans’ dodgy past he does seem to have a habit of getting success wherever he goes and I expect him to do that with Rotherham. The signings of Michael O’Connor, Ian Sharps and Lionel Ainsworth all look good ones and for me the Millers are the team to beat in the bottom flight this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/league-2-betting-rotherham-can-christen-their-new-ground-with-the-league-title

• 2 weeks later...