** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Top Goal-Scorer Question

What happens if you pick, for example, Cristiano as top goal-scorer of the tournament, and in the end he shares the first place with someone else (e.g. Gomez). Does your bet still win or it has to be that you pick the single top goal-scorer?

Re: Top Goal-Scorer Question

What happens if you pick' date=' for example, Cristiano as top goal-scorer of the tournament, and in the end he shares the first place with someone else (e.g. Gomez). Does your bet still win or it has to be that you pick the single top goal-scorer?[/quote'] You get half the odds. Same as a deat heat in a horse race.

You get half the odds. Same as a deat heat in a horse race.
almost correct. you actually get half your stake on at the full price and lose the other half (makes a big difference if you lump on during the tournament at odds on as one of my punters did on villa at world cup and ended up dead heating) Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Top Goal-Scorer Question Let's say the odds on Gomez were 16/1 and he dead-heats. With half the odds for a £10 stake, that is £10 @ 8/1 = £90 returned. Going by what you are saying, half the stake at full odds, that is £5 @ 16/1 = £85. Could someone clarify which one is correct, as i always thought it was full stake at half the odds.

Re: Top Goal-Scorer Question Thanks for the clarification guys. The thing is that I believe the goal scorer will definitely be either Ronaldo, or Gomez, or both. The price for each 2.75. It is also very likely that they share the prize. What happens if I place, say, 100 pounds on each, and they finish together at top? Does it mean that i get: - from Cristiano: 50 pounds times 2.75 (the other 50 pounds lost) plus - from Gomez: 50 pounds times 2.75?

Thanks for the clarification guys. The thing is that I believe the goal scorer will definitely be either Ronaldo, or Gomez, or both. The price for each 2.75. It is also very likely that they share the prize. What happens if I place, say, 100 pounds on each, and they finish together at top? Does it mean that i get: - from Cristiano: 50 pounds times 2.75 (the other 50 pounds lost) plus - from Gomez: 50 pounds times 2.75?
Yes. but take note that if both Gomez and Ronaldo remain at 3 goals each then the tie will be amongst 4 players (including Dzagoev and Mandžukić) which means a return of $137.5 from $200.

I had $100 on Lewandowski with bet365 to be Poland's top scorer at odds of 2.625, which ended in a tie. This returned $131.25 which means full odds at half the stake. But do check your bookmaker's specific rules just to be sure!
It is also the same as half the odds with full stake. Half of 2.625 = 1.3125 1.3125 x 100 = $131.25 I am certain it is half the odds multiplied by the stake.

Let's say the odds on Gomez were 16/1 and he dead-heats. With half the odds for a £10 stake, that is £10 @ 8/1 = £90 returned. Going by what you are saying, half the stake at full odds, that is £5 @ 16/1 = £85. Could someone clarify which one is correct, as i always thought it was full stake at half the odds.
i am correct Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the clarification guys. The thing is that I believe the goal scorer will definitely be either Ronaldo, or Gomez, or both. The price for each 2.75. It is also very likely that they share the prize. What happens if I place, say, 100 pounds on each, and they finish together at top? Does it mean that i get: - from Cristiano: 50 pounds times 2.75 (the other 50 pounds lost) plus - from Gomez: 50 pounds times 2.75?
this is correct. as they both are winners in a dead heat half your stake is lost. hald the odds is a common misconception/myth that confuses punters but its quite clear if you read the rules Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It is also the same as half the odds with full stake. Half of 2.625 = 1.3125 1.3125 x 100 = $131.25 I am certain it is half the odds multiplied by the stake.
it becomes more an issue when you have more than two runners dead heat. as i said in my first text with further elaboration i had a punter come into my shop last world cup and put 140 on villa at 2/7 mid tournament and he dead heated with either two or three other players cannot remember exactly and because of the odds and number of ties got back less than he put on......he queried the same as you as thought he got fraction of the odds with full stake but was incorrect and directed to the rules as his payout was correct Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nope. Dead heat rules are always half the stake, not half the odds.

Hello guys, I will try to be as quick as possible as I wouldn't like to be spamming this great threat: I have backed both Mario Gomez @ 12 and Balotelli @ 40 before the Euro as topscorers. Right now the odds are as following: Mario Gomez - 9.2 & Balotelli @ 2.84 Since both players are on the 3 goals (so are Ronaldo, Dzagoev & Mandzukic) what would be the right thing to do? I have no clue how the topscorers in Euros or World Cups are being decided. However, I do remember that T. Muller has been given the top goalscorer award (last World Cup or Euros) even though he tied with one or two other players. Thanks in advance Cheers

Re: Top Goal-Scorer Question I'm in the same boat with Balotelli, put a few bob on at 100 not sure of the best strategy for profit. If I lay him at 2.7 he could still be top scorer without scoring with at least four others, so not sure how this works out? Laying him is a bit dodgy anyway, with him very confident with pens if this happens in the match. Spain very seldom concede many goals with the possession they tend to have in games. Any thoughts on the best strategy here?

So Torres got the Golden Boot as he earned his goals over fewer minutes on the pitch. That's if the bookies' bet is on Golden Boot rather than Top Scorer?
I'd be surprised if they settled on only Torres mate, but depends on what the rules stated.