** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

June 18 - June 24

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 18 - June 24 WTA Eastbourne - Kerber vs Scheepers OVER 19.5 GAMES @ 1.909 (Pinnacle:2pts) Small play on the overs here, Kerber went to 3 sets with Vesnina yesterday and I don't think her grass season will be as good as other surfaces, but she is a fighter anyway and has a good record of battling through tough 3 setters. Scheepers is a decent player, has some issues on serve like Kerber but decent mover and forehand. Beat Barthel in rd 1 in 3 sets and might put up a fight today against the German.

Re: June 18 - June 24 I watched Christina McHale beat CaroWoz yesterday and I must say I m very pleased with the American. She is playing very well and Caroline didnt play badly at all. It was a comfortable three setter for the American. She played an excellent tie breaker and although she lost it, she played solid tennis to beat the former World number 1. Pavly is not in cracking form exactly. She is good but certainly McHale is much better on grass at the moment. McHale to win 2-0 @2.3ish in pinnacle. stakes: 4/10 McHale -2.5 games Asian Handicap at the same bookie @ 1.73

Re: June 18 - June 24

Yes' date=' it is his favourite surface, so what?[/quote'] He didn't play well till now i think, because off the grass and didn't he played here a SF? And what do you think about : Eastbourne: Seppi A. (Ita) to beat Berlocq C. (Arg)@1.25 Harrison R. (Usa)to beat Lu Y-H. (Tpe)@1.8 Tomic B. (Aus)to beat Fognini F. (Ita)@1.23 any argu?:eyes

Re: June 18 - June 24 Heather Watson - Lucie Safarova People with good one-two shots and decent serves. No real consistency from both the girls. Looking at the odds, I reckon this will be a close game possibly with a tie breaker. Overs looks very good. over 21 games @ 1.74 pinny kerber vs Chanelle Scheeper Both girls are generally over-ish in their games. Scheeper fights and usually get a 7-6 or 7-5 in most games. I reckon another overs is on the cards. ) Please approach by calls with extreme caution. In the end, common sense prevail. ;)

Re: June 18 - June 24 I prefer not to get involved with moneyline in games having Lu. He is a tricky customer on grass. Best bet might be overs. As good as Ryan is, he always seems to lose a set when he is leading and doing well. I think the Taipei man has a good chance to win here. He shouldn't have won against Julien. But he did. I will stay away

I prefer not to get involved with moneyline in games having Lu. He is a tricky customer on grass. Best bet might be overs. As good as Ryan is' date=' he always seems to lose a set when he is leading and doing well. I think the Taipei man has a good chance to win here. He shouldn't have won against Julien. But he did. I will stay away[/quote'] If these two were playing eachother last week, in the first round or second round of Queens, I would back Lu to win pretty comfortably. He's a better mover on grass, however it's all about timing and I don't think we'll see him at the same level as last week. He may be looking to rest up for Wimbledon. Harrison will be looking for game time.

Re: June 18 - June 24 benerop: you obviously have an argument - Roddick was great on grass in past years. The thing is, he is horrible these days and I would not dare to trust him at the moment. His yesterday's victory does not mean anything in my opinion and I think that he will be tested today. I would not back Chardy around 2.00 or so, but anything above 2.90 or so seems good enough for me. Regarding the matches you have posted - no value in the first match, perhaps some value in backing Harrison and Fognini though.

benerop: you obviously have an argument - Roddick was great on grass in past years. The thing is, he is horrible these days and I would not dare to trust him at the moment. His yesterday's victory does not mean anything in my opinion and I think that he will be tested today. I would not back Chardy around 2.00 or so, but anything above 2.90 or so seems good enough for me. Regarding the matches you have posted - no value in the first match, perhaps some value in backing Harrison and Fognini though.
I believe Benerop has more of a valid argument. Players occasionally have lapses and periods in the season when nothing goes well for them. It is only with a bit of wisdom that we are able to judge or guess when their game might return. It does not make any sense to back against Roderick at this time especially when he has served notice already. I think Roderick will win easily with his opponent giving in tamely

WTA Eastbourne - Kerber vs Scheepers OVER 19.5 GAMES @ 1.909 (Pinnacle:2pts)
loss......not a great one for me even though I'm content with the bet really. Scheepers broke a number of times and had chances to break more but essentially couldnt hold serve enough, getting killed in most service games bar one or two.

Re: June 18 - June 24 Ekaterina Makarova to beat Angelique Kerber Eastbourne @2.38 Ladbrokes(4/10) Missed out last round but I'm back on Makarova in tomorrows Quarter-Final vs Kerber.Odds have come in from 2.65 to now best price 2.38.Imo odds are wrong & I honestly see Makarova favourite in this match.After a great victory vs Kvitora in Rd1 in this event,I cant see the German getting a result vs EM.H2H reads a 2-0 lead for Makarova,last game back in 2008 with a 6-2 6-4 win for EM(Bronx ITF hard court).Kerber gained a decent victory over Scheepers last rd but meeting EM on her favorite surface is a massive ask.Makarova loves to bring her 'A' game to matches like these & having another 'W' next to her name turning over another top seed.Taking the 2.38 now as I see odds nearer to 2.00 when the match gets played.Makarova win for me for 4pts.

ATP Eastbourne - Ryan Harrison to beat Yen Hsun-Lu @ 5/6 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Nice price on Ryan here. Was very impressed with him against Simon at the French for the first couple of sets before cracking mentally and he looked nice and solid against Pospisil in the first round. Nice and solid probably sums up Harrison at this point in his career; he definately lacks inspiration and real variety but on grass his basic game consisting of an excellent serve and consistent ground strokes are pretty effective. I think he'll be a tough nut to crack for Lu, who loves the grass, but had a pretty gruelling week at Queens as well another toughy today against Benneteau. Fancy him to have a bit of a letdown and Harrison should take advantage. He beat Lu in three close sets last year and a similar match wouldn't surprise me. :hope
Nice one Slider :clap

Re: June 18 - June 24 Back Benoit Paire to beat Tatsuma Ito for a 1/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Benoit Paire should be a bigger favourite here in my opinion. Consistency is always an issue with him, but he is extremely talented and he knows how to shorten rallies, which allows him to do a lot of damage on grass. Ito seems a bit overrated after that win over Melzer, but he has been fairly average otherwise and this might be the end of his run in Hertogenbosch. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paire-vs-ito-betting--benoit-paire-to-end-ito-s-run-in-hertogenbosch-- Back Andreas Seppi to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 1/10 stake at 2.31 with Pinnacle Andreas Seppi should be a favourite here. He is the better player overall in my opinion and Kohlschreiber has not been impressive in the early rounds. Seppi is defending the title here, so plenty of motivation as well and the H2H record shows that he has an edge in this match-up. I would not back him below evens, but this price is just too good. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seppi-vs-kohlschreiber-betting--the-talented-italian-can-defeat-philipp-kohlschreiber

Re: June 18 - June 24 ATP - Marinko Matosevic to beat Steve Darcis @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Could be a close one this, however I think the barrel-chested Aussie will come out on top. He's really improved this year, even managing to win some matches on clay, and on surface more to his liking like grass we'll see if he can push on more and see how much he can really get out of his game, which revolves around solid serve and consistent heavy groundstrokes. He also showed against Gasquet that he can be cute and find angles cross court when pushed. He has played alot of tennis this year however he seems to be able to go on forever and often seems to grow stronger as he builds momentum in matches after rusty starts. He has lost a couple of matches recently on grass however these were against big servers like Tursunov. Darcis is not a big server, he's more of a solid skill all rounder and so this should turn into a battle of attrition with competitive games throughout. In this scenario I have to go with the Aussie tank. Hopefully the weather holds up because I want Matosevic to have time to get his claws into Darcis and grind him down. :hope

Re: June 18 - June 24 Paire - Ito I don't know why odds for the Frenchmen will be so high. He will be playing good the last weeks and showing that his game make some good perfomance. Ito was struggling in the first round against a player that will be stay in the top 500 on the World Tour Ranking. For me it was a wonder that he won that match. Also he had yesterday a good win against Melzer. Paire had two good wins this tournament against Goffin and Kubot, both players can play well on this surface. 3/10 Paire ML @ 1.78 Pinnacle

Re: June 18 - June 24 Five plays for me. Write-ups shall be brief. - OVER 23 GAMES AH between Denis Istomin and Ryan Harrison (Eastbourne QF) @ 1.94 with panbet Two guys who have played well this week on a quick surface with hard-hitting tactics. Istomin has won their two meetings before but Harrison has matured since then and would expect this to be a lot closer. Two close sets or three sets would bot be a surprise in this encounter. - ANDY RODDICK -4 GAMES AH v Fabio Fognini (Eastbourne QF) @ 2.02 with panbet (NAP) Roddick's got a bit more confidence after snapping a losing streak against Chardy. Fognini has the potential to be tricky but he's susceptible on serve and mentally a disaster away from clay. Roddick's serving well and could be hard to break and I can see that frustrating the Italian. Grass is not Fognini's bag so I'll take decent odds on the minus. - ANDREAS SEPPI +2 GAMES AH v Philipp Kohlschreiber (Eastbourne QF) @ 1.92 with panbet Seppi's in such good form right now and defending his title so surprised to see him on a plus. Beat Kohlschreiber earlier in the year (H2H 3-2 to the German) and has had a great year. Played solidly against Berlocq while German has been sloppy against Soeda and Baker. Both mentally incapable at times but Seppi seems in zone at present so content to fire on him. - OVER 23 GAMES AH between Benoit Paire and Tatsuma Ito (s'Hertogenbosch QF) @ 1.96 with panbet Two guys who'll desperately want a semis berth. Paire has the game for grass as he attacks the net but Ito's a solid hitter and server and is playing with confidence. Fine win over Melzer yesterday while Paire recovered a bagel against Kubot. Neither man good enough yet to swat the other away and I can see this going the distance. - OVER 23 GAMES AH between Marinko Matosevic and Steve Darcis (Eastbourne QF) @ 1.952 with panbet Both serving well on quick surface, both have taken out seeds. Has all the right ingredients for a close match. Matosevic having a fine year while Darcis has always been handy enough on grass. Wouldn't put three sets out of the equation here too. :hope

Re: June 18 - June 24 Yo guys Has no one been on David Ferrer these last few days? His odds to win straight sets and on the handicap and under games have been crazy high when hes played two average players in L Mayer and I Sisjling....I dont think the bookies regard him in the same breath as the big 4 but he really should be. He destroyed Mayer and Sisjling so just wondering why no one had flagged these up. I dont have the same depth of knowledge on some of the lesser known players as some on here but always seem to do alright with Ferrer but rarely see him advised if memory serves me right. Just a thought! :)

Paire - Ito I don't know why odds for the Frenchmen will be so high. He will be playing good the last weeks and showing that his game make some good perfomance. Ito was struggling in the first round against a player that will be stay in the top 500 on the World Tour Ranking. For me it was a wonder that he won that match. Also he had yesterday a good win against Melzer. Paire had two good wins this tournament against Goffin and Kubot, both players can play well on this surface. 3/10 Paire ML @ 1.78 Pinnacle
Paire WON! June stats: Picks: 5W/3L/0R Units staked: 26.00 Units returned: 32.36 Yield: +24%

Re: June 18 - June 24 Back Tamira Paszek (+5.5) to beat Marion Bartoli for a 1/10 stake at 1.80 with Pinnacle I would say the line should be a bit lower, perhaps even down to 4.5 games. Both are big hitters and both can do a lot of damage on grass, so fancy this to be a fairly tight affair. Paszek was superb against Pironkova and should stay within this line more often than not in these fast conditions. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paszek-vs-bartoli-betting--tamira-paszek-can-do-some-damage-in-eastbourne Back Marinko Matosevic to beat Steve Darcis for a 1/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle Was worried about fatigue yesterday, but that is obviously not in play after the rest day, so I am more than happy to back Matosevic today. The odds have gone up a little bit as well for no apparent reason. Matosevic has the better serve and powerful groundstrokes, while Darcis is all about long rallies and consistency. Big hitting usually does the job on grass, so going with the Australian here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/matosevic-vs-darcis-betting--marinko-matosevic-should-be-able-to-out-muscle-the-belgian

ATP Wimbledon qualifier: Roberto Bautista-Agut to beat Sergei Bubka @ 5/6 BET 365 Strength (6/10) :ok
ATP Eastbourne - Ryan Harrison to beat Yen Hsun-Lu @ 5/6 BET 365 Strength (6/10):ok
ATP - Marinko Matosevic to beat Steve Darcis @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (5/10) :\
No doubt about it, Matosevic showed muggery of the highest order. 4-1 up in the second set and *30-40 to go 5-1 up and he makes balls of it. Losing basically every break point on serve as well. This is after possibly being one of the most clutch players I've seen on tour this year. Clown and I won't be touching him again.

No doubt about it' date=' Matosevic showed muggery of the highest order. 4-1 up in the second set and *30-40 to go 5-1 up and he makes balls of it. Losing basically every break point on serve as well. This is after possibly being one of the most clutch players I've seen on tour this year. Clown and I won't be touching him again.[/quote'] I understand where you are coming from, however such is the intrinsic nature of this dark indulgence.. If you are going to take the view of not touching Matosevic anymore, then you might as well apply the same to every other player. They all do it. We can never know what is in a players head except the player himself. You also have to remember that he had 2 grueling 3 setters before playing Darcis . He just might have been in a hurry to get off court to prepare for wimbledon . Tournaments before and after slams should be treated with caution.

Re: June 18 - June 24 Back Andreas Seppi to beat Andy Roddick for a 1/10 stake at 1.83 with William Hill I have to go against Roddick here. He was poor against Fognini and average against Darcis, so I am not sure that he can cope with this challenge at the moment. Conditions might stay windy as well and his serve can go wrong as a result of that, which would basically hand the match to the defending champion, since he is the better player of the two when it comes to longer rallies. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seppi-vs-roddick-betting--andreas-seppi-can-defend-his-title-in-eastbourne Back Urszula Radwanska to beat Nadia Petrova for a 1/10 stake at 2.74 with Pinnacle Good price in my opinion and it might even grow to 3.00 or something like that later on. I have seen some of Radwanska's matches and she is playing incredible stuff these days. She is hitting the lines, her serve is working like a charm - everything is there. Obviously, there might be some pressure involved with this being a final, but this price is just too good. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/radwanska-vs-petrova-betting--the-value-probably-lies-with-urszula-radwanska-in-hertogenbosch

I understand where you are coming from' date=' however such is the intrinsic nature of this dark indulgence.. If you are going to take the view of not touching Matosevic anymore, then you might as well apply the same to every other player. They all do it. We can never know what is in a players head except the player himself. You also have to remember that he had 2 grueling 3 setters before playing Darcis . He just might have been in a hurry to get off court to prepare for wimbledon . Tournaments before and after slams should be treated with caution.[/quote'] I agree with that. In fact the majority of my picks are centred around predicting mental slumps from players, such as the Harrison - Lu bet, rather than "so and so is a better player so he will win line of thinking". The problem was not Matosevic losing (although judging by Darcis's retirement against Roddick I think Matosevic would've taken the third) it was just the pure ineptitude he showed in closing out that set, something he's excelled at all year apart from maybe Haase in Miami or Indian Wells. That's just unforgiveable for me, to be a rock solid bull all year and then the one time I back him he morphs into a silly girl from the WTA. Me and him obviously do the vibe or jive well together, so I'll take the hint and leave him well alone. Of course, the silly decision from the organisers not to play any singles matches late on Wednesday despite the weather being fine complicated things, and I did get a bad feeling when I heard they would have to play twice today. Although sometimes these things work in your favour so you can't complain too much.