** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Holland v Germany - June 13

Re: Holland v Germany Over 2,5; both teams to score, over 1,5, over 3,5. Check your odds. They are very good. I dont know why bookies favour the under... I can only see a high scoring game. Germany loves to sit abck and play for the counter. they couldnt do that for a long time cause everyone does sit deep against them. Holland want to and will attack: Van Marwijk: “When you play against them you can’t afford to walk along the knife-edge. We must attack and we will attack.” Holland didnt look very confident when Denmark had the ball. Tough they were not threatened much. Mathijsen will be back but he is not a world class defender like chiellini to italy.. Holland created many chances and played superb. They just didnt hit the goal. Sneijder had some wonderful passes. Robben seems in some dilemma if he should pass or shoot. He needs to sort it out until germany game(can he?). Germany has all the right players for the coutner attack. Gomez loves to have some space to run at the defender. Özil is very strong on the counter passing. Its also more Podolskis strength to play on the counter. On the bench Germany has the fast Schürrle and espacially Reus. Tough, I'm not sure if Loew will play them.. Either of both teams is capable of scoring 1-2 goals. Neuer is such a strong keeper that he might destroy such an over. On the other hand germany itself is capable of scoring 3 goals agaisnt holland. Even if Holland scores one it doesnt mean they can just defend and sit back..its not their game. Its quiet possible that van marwijk will again substitute one of his def. midfielders when its still draw or they are trailing in the 2nd half. Germany might be satisfied with a draw but holland can not. And germany has enough self esteem to play for a win. I only see a open game with plenty of chances. Anyone can see anything that will lead to a slow game where one team defends for most the time?

Re: Holland v Germany I normally don't bet on corners, but if the odds are good I might take some sort of corner bet. My main reason is that Holland must win this to have any chance of qualification, so they will attack from the first minute, which will result in many corners in my opinion. Will do more research once the corner markets become available.

Re: Holland v Germany lets face it the danes rode their luck for long periods v holland, and were lucky to win coz of bad dutch finishing. And coz of this its made the germans favourite. And the germans were lucky to take the lead v the portuguese and lucky to hold on at the end. imho i still see this as a 50/50 match so the value has gotta be with the dutch.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 I normally do not bet on corners, but in this game situation is quite different and predictable to some extent. After winning their opening fixture against Portugal I believe that Germany will mainly focus on defense and try to hit Holland on counter attack. If Holland lose this game they are out of the competition, but playing for draw against Germany is dangerous so I am fully confident that the Dutch will attack from the first minute. It does not mean that they will necessarily win or draw, but what is obvious to me is that they will score many corners in this one. Against Denmark they have scored 11 corners since they were 1-0 down. Holland have plenty of firepower up front. Also most of their players have powerful long shots outside the box, but with Neuer in goal I can see him canceling a good number of this long shots and conceding corners. Holland Over 6 Corners @ 3.50 William Hill

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 5pts Both teams to score 4/5 Stan James

I think we have to expect goals in this match. Both sides weren’t at their best in the first match but the attacking playmakers and forwards in this match have to come to the party here, they are too good not to. The likes of Ozil and Sneijder can open any back four open up almost at will while the likes of van Persie, Huntelaar, Robben, Podolski, Muller and Gomez are all capable of scoring from anywhere. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/holland-vs-germany-betting--the-pick-of-the-group-matches-can-live-up-to-expectation-with-both-teams-scoring

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 I Quite like the look on the betting for corners aswell, Holland I remember getting alot of corners against Denmark and Portugal getting alot against Germany. I also like the look of Robben scoring in this match he was so unlucky not to score against Denmark and Holland will need him at his best to get a win. Holland over (4.5) Corners 2.00 Sportsbet A.Robben Anytime Scorer 4.20

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 holland needing the win. holland attacking , pressing the game. Germany being able to play their stronger counter attacking game. the game the 2nd game of day so cooler. Alll the ingrediants pointing towards atleast a 60% chance over 2.5 goals. so the 2.02 on offer at the asian books atm offer great value imho.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 I concur with the others on this thread who say over 2.5 is the way to go. Holland need to win this game or there chances of qualification are pritty much over depending on how the Denmark Portugal game pans out. Holland were atrocious defensively against Denmark, who with better finishing could of scored again. They still pose a massive threat going forwards and with the creative talent on display from both sides there should be goals in this game. Over 2.5 at evens Bet365

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Draw @ 3.38 pinnacle The Germans typically start off slow in tournaments and like to build some momentum as they progress through their games, hopefully peaking in the finals. They did what they had to do in the first game against Portugal, and though they are up against their rivals Holland, they will be happy to take at least a draw from this game, and with Denmark in the last game, a win there will allow them to progress through. The Dutch will lift after their shock loss to Denmark, but though they dominated, they could not supply the killer finish. It becomes a bigger obstacle to create chances against such a strong side as the Germans, and especially if they sit back and allow the Dutch to make all the running in the game. The Germans should stand pretty strong here and doubt that they will lose this to the Dutch, and can see both sides sharing the points

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 I agree with the others, this will be a high-scoring match. The Netherlands will want to improve on their offense compared to the Denmark match, not realizing that the defence is their problem. Germany is scoring roughly 3 goals in average, Portugal is the only team which held them to 1 goal only in recent matches. The Dutch don't play that way. Their non-existant defence will be a playground for Ozil, Podolski and the others. Germany will win, and there will be more than 2.5 goals, probably even more than 3.5. Looking at the probable lineups, the Dutch don't plan on defending: link

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Holland don't need to win this game should Portugal take the points against Denmark. That outcome would need them needing to beat an average Portugal side in their final game (assuming the Germans beat the Danes). I can see it being a fairly dour 0-0 draw and at 5.00 for the HT/FT, I will take that.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13

Draw @ 3.38 pinnacle The Germans typically start off slow in tournaments and like to build some momentum as they progress through their games, hopefully peaking in the finals. They did what they had to do in the first game against Portugal, and though they are up against their rivals Holland, they will be happy to take at least a draw from this game, and with Denmark in the last game, a win there will allow them to progress through. The Dutch will lift after their shock loss to Denmark, but though they dominated, they could not supply the killer finish. It becomes a bigger obstacle to create chances against such a strong side as the Germans, and especially if they sit back and allow the Dutch to make all the running in the game. The Germans should stand pretty strong here and doubt that they will lose this to the Dutch, and can see both sides sharing the points
If you fancy a draw, why not take correct score 1-1 instead @ 6.5 paddypower? I dont see many draws besides that, it will give you much better, odds, you may throw in 2-2 @ 13 if you think that's likely. I've backed 1-1 a lot in this tournament, mainly as a cover bet but it has made a nice profit also. I think it is always more profitable to go for the correct scores instead of a draw.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 this should be unders game. it always is when teams come into this situation like holland except they won't have as many chances as they did in the first match. they have get something here and i expect probably 1 goal difference to either team but ultimately i will hope for 1-1

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Germany DNB 5/6 @ Betfair - Think this game will be either a draw or a 1-0 or 2-1 to Germany but the Double Chance on Germany or draw has no value at 1.44. However i think that 5/6 for Germany DNB is decent value as there are reports of trouble in the Dutch camp. Whilst Holland have very good attacking options, their defence is very suspect and Germany may exploit that although i don't expect this to be a high scoring game at all. Germany on the other hand have a fairly solid defence and like Holland have great attacking players. I can't see Holland winning this game at all and think Germany have a better team both in defence and probably in attack. This will be a very close game as these two teams do not like each other at all and it may be worth getting on the overs on bookings. Under 2.5 goals 1.92 @ Betfair - Think this game may go under and i expect this to be a very tight game. Although Holland's defence is not great, they may play two defensive midfielders in Van Bommel and De Jong who will protect their back four. The German defence is solid and they may play a bit more defensive than usual knowing that if they get a draw then Holland are almost out. However, with the likes of Gomez, Ozil, Podolski etc. they are very dangerous. I think that a lot of Holland's chances in this game rest on if Van Marwijk plays Huntelaar up front because they look more dangerous when he plays instead of Van Persie. GL all :ok

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Dutch defence was woeful in their last match. Germans can score with quality attacks or counter attacks. Dutch can score against any defence (with abit of luck that was missing in thier last game). This should go over 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 @ 1.95 5pts Over 3.5 @ 3.4 1pts Over 4.5 @ 7 0.25pts (All William Hill)

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 An interesting fact to share with you: Germany tends to play bad in their second games in group phases of big tournament, in contrast to the starting games, where they excel. In the last two tournaments they lost their second games after winning with a clean sheet in the first ones. In South Africa they lost to Serbia (0:1), after defeating Australia by 4:0, and in Euro08, they lost to Croatia, after beating Poland by 2:0. Before that, they were also very unconvincing in their second games. In the home World Cup in 2006, they barely managed to win against Poland with a last-minute goal from Close (1:0). In 2004, they failed epically after drawing 0:0 against the total outsiders Latvia, after they had very decent first game (1:1 against Holland with a late Dutch equalizer). In Japan/Korea in 2002, they didn't manage to win against Ireland in their second game (1:1), after crushing Saudi Arabia with 8 goals in the first. I don't know if this facts are going to make any difference tonight. Yet, managing to win only one (at home, in the last minute) of their second group games in the last five tournaments could mean something.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Goal Line : Over 2.5 @2.05 bet365 Im another one who is backing goals in this match. Hollands finishing was very poor in the last game so there is no guarantee they will score here past a tougher German defence. But that said, the Dutch did create plenty of chances against Denmark and on another day they could have had 3 or 4. They have got to go for the win here so I do fancy them to finally take at least one of their chances. Of course, this could leave them open at the back while pressing for a goal and the German attack is more than good enough to take advantage of what is a shaky Holland defence anyway. The main danger with this bet is the fact that Germany may just try and keep it tight as the draw would suit them much more. Both teams will also have a fair amount of possession outside of the box which could limit opportunities. But overall, considering both sides are good in attack, e Dutch are a bit shaky at the back, and the fact that Holland need to get something from the game, it suggests that a play on the overs is the way to go at even money.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 The Dutch forwards are misfiring at the moment albeit creating chances against Denmark but just not finishing them off; do they have the quality to finish off the chances? Yes and the fact is they have to go for the 3 points means they will be creating those chances. Do Germany have to go for 3 points? No and their last performance will not exactly send shudders through the Dutch camp. Germany look pretty unconvincing at the moment, yes they won but Portugal put them on the back foot considerably all things considered I see the value with the Dutch @ odds of 3/1 with numerous bookies.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Netherlands/Germany Draw @3.25 (2/10) with bet365 With the result of the Portugal win vs Denmark this isn't a must win for the Dutch. They know they can draw here and beat Portugal in the final group stage game and have a great chance to advance. A draw will suit the Germans just fine as well, a draw will see them top of the group needing to beat Denmark to seal 1st place. The Dutch wingers can give the German wing back problems and Gomez will pose a threat for the week central pairing at the heart of the Dutch defense. Both teams have the ability to catch up if they go down a goal and both teams have shown vulnerability defensively. In the end the odds on the draw are quite good for an even matchup.

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 My thinking is that Netherlands may not wanna rush from the start and risking early goal. Same goes for Germany, they'll be more than happy with the draw. Then in 2nd half Netherlands may be bit more aggressive looking for a goal. Halftime draw 2.00 bet-at-home Result 1st half 0:0 2.7

I concur with the others on this thread who say over 2.5 is the way to go. Holland need to win this game or there chances of qualification are pritty much over depending on how the Denmark Portugal game pans out. Holland were atrocious defensively against Denmark, who with better finishing could of scored again. They still pose a massive threat going forwards and with the creative talent on display from both sides there should be goals in this game. Over 2.5 at evens Bet365
2/2 for today, much better after yesterdays disaster. Well done everyone on overs and Germany

Holland Over 6 Corners @ 3.50 William Hill
Bloody hell mate, that was unlucky... Well done all backers on overs and BTTS. I didn't have a bet on this match but had a pre-tournament one on Holland to qualify from groups. Can someone tell me the rules what will happen if Germans beat Denmark and Holland beat Portugal?

Bloody hell mate, that was unlucky... Well done all backers on overs and BTTS. I didn't have a bet on this match but had a pre-tournament one on Holland to qualify from groups. Can someone tell me the rules what will happen if Germans beat Denmark and Holland beat Portugal?
Depends on score i believe the dutch need to win by two and denmark to get beat to qualify Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on score i believe the dutch need to win by two and denmark to get beat to qualify Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Thats pretty much it .... just method of qualification alters for Portugal. Its likely Germany will want Holland at least out the way so all this will probably be academic ;) dutch1.jpg

Re: Holland v Germany - June 13 Holland played funny. At least 8 individualists who play all their own game. Some of the most skillful players in the world. Tough, thats not enough. Germany has what Holland lacks - > a team that works. Portugal is killer. They are motivated as hell and so tense like no other team. This will be next holland disaster! Watch out for all the talk in holland and pickering at each other. Portugal wont lose that game. They are even more motivated now to secure their place in the quarter final. Lets see if bookies catch on. I have the feeling they are way off.

I normally do not bet on corners, but in this game situation is quite different and predictable to some extent. After winning their opening fixture against Portugal I believe that Germany will mainly focus on defense and try to hit Holland on counter attack. If Holland lose this game they are out of the competition, but playing for draw against Germany is dangerous so I am fully confident that the Dutch will attack from the first minute. It does not mean that they will necessarily win or draw, but what is obvious to me is that they will score many corners in this one. Against Denmark they have scored 11 corners since they were 1-0 down. Holland have plenty of firepower up front. Also most of their players have powerful long shots outside the box, but with Neuer in goal I can see him canceling a good number of this long shots and conceding corners. Holland Over 6 Corners @ 3.50 William Hill
Holland were so poor. In a game they needed to attack they played like as if they have already qualified :(

I am surprised that this bet did not win. After Germany scored and Holland had 3 corners by that time, I thought the bet would win.