** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Russia v Czech Republic > June 8

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Russia v Czech Republic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8

I don't understand why Russia are such a strong favorites. Really like the price on Czech Rep. here.
russia unbeaten in last 10. mostly v eastern european sides. only drew ireland, greece. whipped italy other day. czech lost 3 in 10 games. lost v spain, hungary other nite (but maybe experimental side) and norway 10 games ago. they also drew v ireland. Sometimes hard to judge these eastern euro teams on previous results goin into a tourny.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 I wouldn't consider Russia beating Italy as an impressive result. Italy replaced Buffon in the second half to try De Sanctis and he was really poor and at least 2 of the 3 goals that Russia scored were his fault.

I wouldn't consider Russia beating Italy as an impressive result. Italy replaced Buffon in the second half to try De Sanctis and he was really poor and at least 2 of the 3 goals that Russia scored were his fault.
czechs now +0.5 1.8 (vrussia) good value?

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 I don't know much about either side but I'd have said Russia are justified favourites. I'd maybe consider taking the Czech's if they drifted about 4.5 or something. + 0.5 wouldn't appeal to me @ 1.8 personally... Nothing should be taken away from the way Russia are performing of late. I think the very best the Czech's can hope for here is scraping a 1-1.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 I just dont think the Czechs have enough to trouble the Russian defense. Their attacking prowess is carried by Baros who has improved but isnt the most reliable of strikers. They may try to stifle the Russian midfield but the front 6 of Russian plus the two attacking full backs should be far too much for them to deal with. They were beaten by Hungary recently with a few changes to the side but they looked weak at the back and I see a few goals in this one. Russia -1 @7/2 with Ladbrokes for me!

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Even though Russia are considered favourites for this game I don't think they are. They have qualified from a relatively easy group. Another problem with Russia is that they become somewhat arrogant when facing so called "average teams". But they play well when nobody expects them to deliver. Russia are also favourites to qualify from the group. But since there are no top teams in the group it will play against the Russians in my opinion since they will expect to qualify easily. Czech Rep. have a decent side and I would not take recent friendlies into account, since coaches use these games to try various new formation and test new players and I think this side as capable of avoiding defeat. Czech Rep. DNB @ 2.50 William Hill

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 russia have looked very good in friendlies and the last result against italy has shown they are very well coordinated and disciplined. i love betting on teams like this because they remind me of france many years ago when they won the double. their solid ethic will see them win this game

Even though Russia are considered favourites for this game I don't think they are. They have qualified from a relatively easy group. Another problem with Russia is that they become somewhat arrogant when facing so called "average teams". But they play well when nobody expects them to deliver. Russia are also favourites to qualify from the group. But since there are no top teams in the group it will play against the Russians in my opinion since they will expect to qualify easily. Czech Rep. have a decent side and I would not take recent friendlies into account, since coaches use these games to try various new formation and test new players and I think this side as capable of avoiding defeat. Czech Rep. DNB @ 2.50 William Hill
Can I ask how you come to the conclusion I've highlighted in bold?

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 I dont think Russia is gettin arrogant against average teams, otherwise they wont be qualifying from the relatively easy group you have mentioned. Plus, this is the euros, you can not have the chance to be arrogant about any games since there is only 3 games at group stage... Russia have a good generation and they did very well in the last euros, many experienced and talented players. Czechs however are old and past their prime. Baros have not even played regularly in his team in Turkey and he is the main striker. Apart from Rosicky nobody in this czech team is promising any sort of performance. They might get 0 points from this group.Maybe a draw against Poland. I have full stake on Russia and medium on Russia handicap...

Can I ask how you come to the conclusion I've highlighted in bold?
I dont think Russia is gettin arrogant against average teams, otherwise they wont be qualifying from the relatively easy group you have mentioned. Plus, this is the euros, you can not have the chance to be arrogant about any games since there is only 3 games at group stage... Russia have a good generation and they did very well in the last euros, many experienced and talented players. Czechs however are old and past their prime. Baros have not even played regularly in his team in Turkey and he is the main striker. Apart from Rosicky nobody in this czech team is promising any sort of performance. They might get 0 points from this group.Maybe a draw against Poland. I have full stake on Russia and medium on Russia handicap...
I live in Azerbaijan and we get coverage of all games Russia plays, plus I watch Russian football TV debates/shows regularly and have been doing so for like forever. So, I remember many times when the team, media were feeling that Russia are favorites and so on they failed to produce results on many occasions, while when nobody expected them to achieve anything they performed beyond expectation. I don't know whether you know it or not but when Russia played play-offs for FIFA World Cup 2010 against Slovenia they won the first leg 2-1 and when they were playing the second leg they got hammered in the hotel 1 day before the game. It was all over Russian media. So if it does not mean arrogant, then I don't know what is. I know this is just one example but this is Russia we are talking about. They will only be able to play good in a major tournament if it is hosted in Iran or Saudi Arabia :)

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 C'mon guys... don't put too much hype about that ''Russian arogance against mediocre teams''. This is the first game in the group.....they know it's important. Some kind of opponent underestimation is out of the question here. Right now the odds on Russia has drifted quite a bit in asia and Russia -0.25 (AH)@1.95 seems pretty good bet for me. The Czechs are having a decent defense and probably one of the best goalkeepers in tournament but they will struggle big time on offense. I just don’t buy that Rosicky is going to be able to orchestrate this side to go very far without anyone up front that is a finisher. Russia on the other hand are loaded – and their usual weakness defense – seems to have been shored up lately. I see here Russia with the lot of of possession and chances in this game.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Russia @2.20 The Russians have been playing quite well lately, they beat Italy 3-0 in a match where the scoreline was somewhat flattering due to some horrendous plays from Maggio and De Scantis. Still they created opportunities in the first half of that match. They gave up 1 goal in their last 7 qualifiers albeit against some inferior opposition. The Czechs have looked poor as of late. They lost to Hungary in a recent friendly and they stumbled through qualifying. They did manage to beat Montenegro in the playoff but Montenegro really put serious pressure on them in the 2nd leg but couldn't score. Russians have good fluency in their attack, they constantly make runs off the ball and are very difficult to pick up with players like Arshavin, Sirikov, Kerzhakov, and Dzagoev all posing a threat from anywhere around the 18. With most of the team plying their trade in the Russian Premier League which had a lengthy winter break, these players shouldn't have the wear and tear of some other teams like Spain. Also many of their players are familiar with each other playing, since up to 6 players from Zenit are worthy and probably starters. Conversely the Czech players are scattered over Europe and they haven't replaced any players from their very strong Euro 2004 squad. They do have Cech who might steal this one but I don't see the Czech's posing a threat in attack and I do expect the Russian to put plenty of pressure and find the back of the net.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Thought long and hard about this game and have decided to go for Russia. I fancy them to win the group with the attacking qualities they posses which is far superior to those in the rest of the group. I can see it being hard for Russia to beak down the Czech defence but with Baros a doubt and no other striker of any quality to come in they don't look like posing much of a risk. Rosicky will be heavily relied on to create chances and I can't see him carrying the whole side. Fancy the Russians to just nick it probably by only the one goal. Russia 2.25 BetVictor Russia by one goal 3.6 BetVictor

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 I’m thinking goals are likely in this one. Russia as you would expect from a team managed by an old school Dutch manager play a flowing 4-3-3 formation. Whilst the goal scoring record in qualifying doesn’t particularly stand out, you know goals are always not far away with the likes of Izmailov, Arshavin, the exciting Alan Dzagoev, and the in form Kerzhakov playing in the that fluid front free. Failing that they can always through on Pogrebniak or Pavleychenko for a more route one approach, and with Shirokov or Denis Gulashavkov in midfield there is always the possibility of goals from him to (the later has the best record for goals from outside the area in the whole of the Russian League this season). However with such attacking threats, there could always be chances for teams to nick goals against them. Defensively the wide players are likely to be Zhrikov and Anyukov both very attack minded and the central two are pretty slow and not the best in my opinion. Certainly the wide areas are those where the Czech’s could really cause the Russians some problems. Whilst solid and experienced in the middle, the wide defenders and midfielders could cause some surprises. Rezak and Pilar the two wider midfield players are pacy and well supported by the full backs Kadlec and Selasse. I’ll expect them to exploit the spaces that Russia leave when they go forward. Scoring with Milos Baros in the team is always an issue but, they do get goals from all over which can relieve the burden on him. In fact with the lack of quality at CB for Russia it could be a good chance as any for Baros to get back on the score sheet. Both teams to score 2.3 at William Hill ( 2 /10 units) Over 10 Corners 2.0 at Bet365 (1.5 /10 units)

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Funny posts on here about my national team, Rossiya. I believe it is suggested arrogance of.. the russian people in general and not Russian National Football Team players. I shall understand, because the "small" poissoned message comes from a country in Kavkaz region. Important to mention here the russian national team is build on the backbone of Zenit St. Petersburg and CSKA Moscow. Zenit: defender Anyukov, midfielders Shirokov, Ziryanov, Zhirkov (now at Anzhi), Arshavin, Denisov and striker Kerzhakov Maybe Zhirkov and Arshavin left in past Zenit but they are formed by Zenit, so it is out of the question that relationship in therms of play arent good or not been so good developed. CSKA: gkper Akinfeev, in defense Ignashevic, Berezutski, midfield Dzagoev. There are two other teams, Germany and Spain with at least 4 if not 5 players coming from a single club: Bayern and Barcelona. In the first eleven of Russia we shall see from 4 to 5 Zenit players and 3 to 4 CSKA's - yes, the two teams that represented Russia in previous year Champions League! In the Guus Hiddink years, Roman Shirokov was left on the bench, now the midfielder aged 30 scores often lately in friendlies for Russia, not talking about double vs Italy check deeper: goals agains Greece, Denmark. At his club, he is a leader, in Champions League thi season doubles vs both Benfica and Porto. Roman will score with a shot from close range, danger wont come from Kerzha, as many expekt, Shirokov frustrated by Guud Hiddink at previous Euro and not only, will have a heavy word at this tournament, at least in group stage where opponents are average, not big names. Advice: * take Roman Shirokov anytime goalscorer in each of the Russian national team games. Start with Russia vs Czech Rep, at .. 5.50 Bet365

* take Roman Shirokov anytime goalscorer in each of the Russian national team games. Start with Russia vs Czech Rep, at .. 5.50 Bet365
Other than this, I think I'll skip the first two matches. Difficult to know what will happen, with a good chance of surprises. The first game is evenly matched, and I think this one can be too. Certainly need to see more from Russia before I consider them as dead certs for the group. Don't really expect much from the Czech's, but then as a good example I expected nothing from Japan in the World Cup.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 4pts Russia to beat Czech Republic 5/4 BetVictor

I like the Russians in this tournament and I’ve made no secret of that fact and I think they can get their tournament underway with a win. The Czech’s look a little light at the back and if Baros doesn’t make it then they look just as light up front. Russia are solid enough at the back while they have a lot of options going forward and over the course of 90 minutes I think those options will be too much for the 1996 runners up. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/russia-vs-czech-republic-betting--full-strength-russia-can-have-too-much-firepower-for-czech-republic

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Russia vs Czech Republic I think Russia offers terrific value in this match. I believe on paper they have a much better team than the Czech who pretty much scraped through a poor qualification group. I was not impressed by them at all when they played Scotland twice, a 1-0 win at home which the less said about the better after Levein's formation and an underserved and controversial 2-2 draw at Hampden. They are a side that shouldn't cause many teams concern in this tournament and although they probably have one of the easiest groups on paper, I don't fancy their chances of qualifying and to start a loss to Russia who I have been impressed with in recent times, especially with their attacking style of football, they are certainly capable of smashing a fair amount of goals in this group with the likes of Kerzhakov, Arshavin and Dzagoev amongst others. Although stats don't mean everything Russia do hold a terrific record vs the Czech Republic having won 6 and drawn 5 from 13 encounters. 2pts Russia to win @ 5/4 (BetVictor)

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 First of all, I don't agree with the people saying Czech Republic are much worse now than they were in some years ago and that they will never be like that again. They are correct in Czech Republic not being as good as in 2004 and so on, but the rest... On the contrary, I would say they are on their way back, and have been in the last year, from being awful for some years in a row. However, I don't think they are as good as Russia. Russia will win this group, because Poland show good form but they still have much to work on to be as good as they should be able to be. Russia on the other hand have shown great form in their friendlies and their game is going well, impressive 3-0 against Italy, draw against great Uruguay team, 2-0 win away at Denmark, the only bad result was against Lithuania, 0-0, but that was a game where they tested much and also stood for a lot of bad misses, like one from one meter away from goal. I think this will be a win for Russia, they are showing better form than in the qualifiers for the world cup. Source: Goal

Even though Russia are considered favourites for this game I don't think they are. They have qualified from a relatively easy group. Another problem with Russia is that they become somewhat arrogant when facing so called "average teams". But they play well when nobody expects them to deliver. Russia are also favourites to qualify from the group. But since there are no top teams in the group it will play against the Russians in my opinion since they will expect to qualify easily. Czech Rep. have a decent side and I would not take recent friendlies into account, since coaches use these games to try various new formation and test new players and I think this side as capable of avoiding defeat. Czech Rep. DNB @ 2.50 William Hill
How was Russia's group an easy group? Ireland, Slovakia, Armenia, Georgia and Macedonia? You must be joking. Ireland are very tough to beat, but Russia won in Dublin. Slovakia were at the last world cup! Armenia are the most improved national side in Europe, and played brilliant football in their last few games, and Macedonia are no walk overs. Russia had one of the tougher groups.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Russia v Czech Rep 0-0 6/1 1-1 11/2 Poland v Greece 0-0 11/2 1-1 6/1 Ist games are normally tight affairs would not argue against 1-0 for all teams, but think the wise way to go is 4 x doubles on the low scoreing draws pays between 41/1 to 48/1 Betvictor best price all these correct scores :clap

How was Russia's group an easy group? Ireland' date=' Slovakia, Armenia, Georgia and Macedonia? You must be joking. Ireland are very tough to beat, but Russia won in Dublin. Slovakia were at the last world cup! Armenia are the most improved national side in Europe, and played brilliant football in their last few games, and Macedonia are no walk overs. Russia had one of the tougher groups.[/quote'] Yes these teams are strong but they are not the same as let's say Spain, Germany, Italy, England, Croatia or France.

Yes these teams are strong but they are not the same as let's say Spain' date=' Germany, Italy, England, Croatia or France.[/quote'] Turkey finished 2nd to Germany. Estonia finished 2nd to Italy. Bosnia finished 2nd to France. Greece topped their group with Croatia 2nd. Montenegro finished 2nd to England. Czech Republic finished 2nd to Spain. None of the top teams had to play each other in qualifying? Russia's group was one of the toughest.

Turkey finished 2nd to Germany. Estonia finished 2nd to Italy. Bosnia finished 2nd to France. Greece topped their group with Croatia 2nd. Montenegro finished 2nd to England. Czech Republic finished 2nd to Spain. None of the top teams had to play each other in qualifying? Russia's group was one of the toughest.
Obviously you have to look at the which teams are seeded and who was pitted against each other. Have a look here at the different "pots" during the draw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_qualifying But of the possible combinations, I'd like to venture that Russia indeed has been quite lucky. Also considering that the competing teams did take points of each other. Anyway, does not matter at all. I also see a confident Russia wanting to open this tournament with a win. I might wait until in play options become available to see the line movements though but I would be rather confident in a Russian win.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 Russia @ 2.55 pinnacle Like the Russians here as they did well in their group qualifiers, as their defence was solid and they scored goals as well. The Czechs were the opposite as they allowed goals but did not score all that many and they do not look like they have the same team unity here as the Russians, who loo like they are ready to make a major dent in this tournament

Funny posts on here about my national team' date= Rossiya. I believe it is suggested arrogance of.. the russian people in general and not Russian National Football Team players. I shall understand, because the "small" poissoned message comes from a country in Kavkaz region.
Did not mean to offend you. Sorry if I did.

Re: Russia v Czech Republic > June 8 WOuld be good if KavkaZ could keep political and national stuff away from football threads. For me, Mustafa clearly refered to the Russian football team and why would anyone take it personally is beyond me...