** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

BH's Summer Jollies

Ok, time for something to do while the flat season has its few months in the sunshine. Not a massive fan of the flat so this will give me some interest, the other reason is I want to do some research on favourite betting and this will provide some useful information as we go along. The idea is that i run two systems, both on favourites, the first on the shortest priced fav of the day and the second on the longest priced fav. Only including Irish meetings when insufficient racing, i.e. only one other meeting on this side of the water. Obviously they will have different strike rates so the first system will be staked differently, i'm going to throw 100pts at each and see how long it lasts. System 1 will use 20% of Bank after a winner and System 2 will use 10% after a winner. If selections are tied i will use the biggest difference between fav and 2nd fav and so on. After doing my morning jobs i usually get around to looking at the days races about 10.30/11.00, i will use Oddschecker to see what is the shortest price fav at that time and back them with any BOG firms. I feel the markets have settled down a bit by then anyway and you get a true reflection on the odds. :ok

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BH's Summer Jollies 2 out of 2... Excellent stuff. Wll be worth keeping an eye on. I used to refuse to backs favs on the flat but see myself as more of a fav backer than ever these days! Hopefully ur 100% strike rate lasts all summer... Haha. Gav.

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Day 3; S1: 515 Font: Hindon Road 22.68pts (4/5 BetVic) S2: 400 Mus: Powerful Presence 15.50pts (9/2 Bet365) Pretty close for S2 but the 4.00 at Muss has a clear fav, the 5.00 and 5.30 races are joint fav's.

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Thanks chaps, early days yet though! S1: 8.00 Don: Sentaril 26.31pts (4/9 BetVic) S2: 3.45 New: Mayson 20.93pts (5/1 Bet365) Again close thing with S2, Mayson gets the vote as he is clear fav, both Fury and Mince are jnt fav's in some lists and the other contenders are not available with a BOG firm.

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Day 5; S1: 1.50 Sal: Fort Bastion 28.62pts (1/8 Bet365) S2: 5.35 NM: Samba King 31.39pts (9/2 BetVic) Again a tricky call on S2, the 27 runner race at NM has 3 co/favs at the moment. Anatolia in the first is joint fav with one BOG firm and the two at Hamilton are also Joint fav's in places. Samba King is clear fav on all BOG lists so is the qualifier. S1 is very predictable but have to follow them at any price.

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Day 6; S1: 245 Kem: Citius 29.43pts (8/13 Bet365) S2: 530 Bev: Watts Up Son 31.39pts (9/2 Bet365) S2 has bigger prices in the 445 at Bath but we have three different fav's so race left alone.:ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Ok, end of week 1 and pretty satisfied with the figures so far. S1 has to perform at such high strike rate levels to succeed and S2 although a bit hit and miss could manage at below 50% SR as the prices are a little bigger than i first thought they would be, i think it shows the value on offer from the online bookmakers in the morning. I have thought for some time that the on course bookies are strangling the markets and squeezing out any value left by off time. Interesting project and we will see how it goes, i do expect S2 to calm down and maybe one in three winners would be ok? Could do with a winner soon though! screenshot20120509at105.png