** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BH's Summer Jollies

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BH's Summer Jollies I see another 2yo odds on shot was beaten today! Anyway Shoegazer gets us past the magic number! See what the total is at the end of the month, might take the £100 starting bank out? As S2 looks like a cooked goose i will start S3 at the beginning of June and see how that goes. screenshot20120530at000.png Thanks for the support chaps:ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies

I see another 2yo odds on shot was beaten today! Anyway Shoegazer gets us past the magic number! See what the total is at the end of the month, might take the £100 starting bank out? As S2 looks like a cooked goose i will start S3 at the beginning of June and see how that goes. screenshot20120530at000.png Thanks for the support chaps:ok
LIke you I'm much more a fan of the NH game especially in Ireland, however have to say I'm rather surprised about the excellent results of S1 especially considering the variable weather we have had with the start of the flat. Two things occur to me looking at the figures-may well be worthwhile looking at what were the types of races in S1 and conversely S2 as well as S2 may well be the basis of a laying system. Wouls also be interesting looking at S2 with regard to why it was a favourite? IE popular jockey/trainer combo. Great stuff anyway and although it's only a month a much greater S/R than I would have expected for S1 :clap:clap:clap

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Thanks Harrisman, maybe over time some filters can be applied, already we have proved that 2yo races are unreliable, sure there will be more on the journey. Agree about S2, not one of my best ideas! Anyway onto to today and another Pipey Novice Chaser, they do make me nervous! S1: 2.30 NA: Battle Group 101.12pts (1/2 Bet365) S2: 4.30 NA: Officer In Command 14.13pts (4/1 Bet365) :ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Actually regarding S2 it would be interesting to see if there was a drift before the off on the losers and also if they were placed as well as a lay in the place market may be good to reduce the liabilities. a lot of good ideas for futrther research from this. many thanks

Always tomorrow billy' date=' as soon as I seen the price drift on battle group i was a bit worried!! Onwards and upwards!![/quote'] Yeah, funny thing was if i'd have looked later that thing of Tim Vaughan's at Sedgefield would have been the selection and i really fancied that, oh well it is what it is! Cheers mate:ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies not to worry billy, no matter what tomorrow brings, you will still have a nice profit for the month withdraw your deposit and any loss from system2, and then see where it takes you i hope you continue

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Cheers guys:ok Its the late late show! S1: 8.35 Weth: Rash Move 101.12pts (2/9 Bet365) S2: 8.55 San: Terdaad 14.13pts (4/1 BetVic) Wont get chance to a monthly update until tomorrow as i'm out til late tonight and lots of other PL stuff to do first.

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Ok, here are the stats for the first month of the systems; screenshot20120601at102.png *S2 should read 28 days, had 2 NR's First thoughts are that S1 performed slightly better than i thought, i expected about 6 losers to be honest on past results, so happy with that one. I am going to take the opening bank out of the totals so it doesn't owe me anything win or lose from now on but will keep the staking plan the same as it works for me. I will continue to monitor the results and filter as i see fit but don't forget the original idea of this was a simple quick selection process and no having to look at form or anything so id not want to get bogged down in sorting out races etc... Others can do that if they so wish. I think its it wise to leave out the 2yo races, they continue to become unreliable, we will from time to time have dodgy horses like Battle Group the other day but i'll take the rough with the smooth as far as that goes for now. S2 is pretty rubbish and we only have two days left on that so will see it through and then finish it, it was promising at one time but as I've said earlier i honestly expected the prices to be around 3/1-7/2 not 5/1 etc.. Anyway its surprising how many of them drifted and maybe that system would do better if i looked at the prices just before racing has started. The other thing is we had plenty of evening selections and the markets are slow to get going at the time i have been selecting the races, with NR's and change of going etc. I think it has a way of working but with different guidelines and staking plans in place which i'm not going to peruse at this time. I will be starting S3 from today, it will be based on the richest race of the day, easy to find and simple selection process and these should be more reliable from a class point of view and also the prices won't be so high as in S2. If two races are of the same value i will take the shortest priced fav. If we have joint fav's at more than one of the BOG firms then the stakes will be split. I am going to try the 10% plan here but will try out the 10% after each selection win or lose for a month as advised by more than one reader. Not sure this will work out better or not but i'm all for taking advice. :ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies Ok, with £100 withdrawn from S1 the banks starts at 329.77 and the opening stake is 65.95pts. S1: 3.35 Bri: Moorsweets n Lace 65.95pts (4/9 Bet365) S2: 3.25 Eps: Boogie Shoes 14.13pts (9/2 Bet365) S3: 4.05 Eps: The Fugue 10pts (3/1 Bet365) :ok

Re: BH's Summer Jollies A 2yo at 1/6 gets turned over! I will update later, busy day! S1: 5.05 Bev: Ballesteros 71.76pts (4/9 Bet365) S2: 9.20 Car: Nevertika 14.10pts (5/1 BetVic) S3: 4.00 Eps: Camelot 9pts (4/6 Bet365) :ok

Hi billy' date=' why did you choose Nevertika as your Long priced favourite? Hope you done mind me asking![/quote'] Same reason as always, it was biggest priced clear fav, there was a couple of others higher but were joints or not with BOG firms at 10.45 when i looked, like the Dash at Epsom for example.