Tennis - April 9-15

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Oahuab to beat Gutierrez-Ferrol @ 5/6 with Paddy Power - 8/10 Algerian used to flirt with the top 100 and was always kind of somewhat i suppose you could say useful on clay. He's beaten Serra, Fischer and jus today R, Haase on his way here... he should really Gutierrez-Ferrol based on those results.... oh and I did watch him against Fischer, looked very impressive.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Very strange day. Damage was averted because Starace and Sweeting bets came in but still scratching my head over Machado, very odd result. Anyway, one bet for me today ... Matthais Bachinger (v Benoit Paire) @ 2.28 with allyoubet Worth a shot this one, simply because I feel the odds are wrong. I make Bachinger the favourite. Leads the H2H 2-0 with one win on clay and got a fine result against Volandri yesterday. This is a big match for him as to get in the French Open main draw, he needs to win a few matches here. Paire's unorthodox but Bachinger has coped with him before and I wasn't impressed with the Frenchman against Young. Feel the price is way out so worth a shot. :hope

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 ATP Marocco Cipolla +4.1 games to bt Dolgopolov @1.806 Pinnacle despite his ranking is 85, Cipolla is very good claycourt player, real pain in the ass of the favourites if I may say so. His defending abilities are superb, and his record of creating shockers is quite impressive (last year he defeated Roddick in Madrid etc.). Dolgopolov leads H2H 2-1, but the last match (on hard!) was won by the Italian. Beside that, in all three matches Cipolla covered the handicap - even last year at US Open where he lost to Dolgo in a tight five setter. Dolgo's hard-clay swing last year was real shame, lost in R1 in Monte-Carlo,Barcelona, Madrid and Rome after Miami, so I do not expect him to be a star today in Marocco.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15

First pick for tomorrow: Harrison - Bogomolov Good odds for the American here. Harrison had playing last weekend two matches on this surface against Tsonga and Simon. Against Tsonga he playing good but the Frenchmen will be make a lot of faults during this match. For Bogomolov this is the first match on this surface, in 2012 he had only play matches on Hardcourt. And I think he can’t win this match against the youngster in his own country. Both players did only play two matches on hardcourt against each other. One win for Harrison and one win for Bogomolov, both in 3 sets. 4/10 Harrison tb. Bogomolov @ 1.55 Pinnacle
Another winner, happy with the 2 last sets from Harrison.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 WTA e-books Keothavong +5 games > Kerber @1.971 Pinnacle Keothavong to bt Kerber @4.34 Pinnacle 0.5 u The Pushniacki Open tournament 2012 takes place 8 weeks earlier than last year, and it seems that Angelique, that lost here in R2 with Caro in 2011, was caught in bad shape this week, realy. In her match against Foretz Gacon (46 62 75) she was plain awful. Unable to serve (8 doublefailts, weak serve), has been broken 7 times, and only thanks to the fact that Foretz is unexperienced she managed to win the decider 7-5. I rate Keothavong much better than Foretz Gacon. She posesses powerful serve, killing forehand, and is far less likely to lose her own service games than Foretz. If Angelique continues to perform that bad, she is bound to lose. edit: adding player to win WTA E-books Mona Barthel @5.5 Pinnacle The only other heavier candidate is Caro, but having seen her in her match with Ursula Radwanska, I'd say she is going to be sent packing soon (by Parmentier, Cornet or Martic). For sure Mona should beat Kerber in QF (if Kerber ever gets that far), and she should be a fav against Kanepi/Jankovic in semi, too. So I expect her to make final at least. After all, she has won Hobart this year already, her play is rather solid, so she should take advantage of the relatively weaker draw this week in Copenhagen.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Bachinger checked out after the second set. Apparently he picked up an injury too. That's the way it goes sometimes. Only one bet stands out to me today but I'm a bit reluctant to pull the trigger. It's Bobby Reynolds +4AH at odds of over 2.00 against Ryan Sweeting. Anyone got any thoughts? Sweeting was poor against Mello but I haven't seen Reynolds play for a wee while. Good win over Karlovic yesterday, however.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Ouahab - Guterriez-Ferrol When I look to both players stats I see a great difference. Ouahab (number 752 on the ranking) against Guterriez Ferrol (544 on the ranking). Ouahab his residence is Marocco, it feels good for him to play here. In the first round he playing well against a very poor Robin Haase. But this win is not only due to the bad play of Haase. Ouahab playing good and he did it also the last weeks. One month ago he won in straight sets from Ungur (Rabat Challenger) and he have a lot off more experience. Best place on the ranglist was 114th in 2009. When we look to Guterriez Ferrol we see a player who plays only the lower tournaments. I didn’t see him playing, but his results say enough. I think the win against Machado was a incident and I think he will struggle in this match again on his old form what is not good. 2/10 Ouahab tb. Guterriez Ferrol @ 2.21 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Anderson - Querrey This will be a match against two players who will most likes the servicegames. This is what we can see in this history between both players here. In the last 5 matches they are playing every match a tiebreak. Anderson won his first round match with 63 64 against Souza. He playing well and serve good in this match. Probably he will like this surface a bit. Querrey playing also good his first round match against Prodon. I don’t see this match, but I see the double with Blake last night. Querrey playing good, serving well and that is what he likes. Also the rally’s he was playing well this the last two sets. I think this will be another long match. 1/10 Over 23 games @ 1.97 Pinnacle 2/10 Anderson tb. Querrey @ 1.91 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Isner - Zeballos A match between a Isner who is in great form and a Zeballos who surprise me in the first me. I know he is in good form, but he playing very well. What must I say about the long John Isner? The most people who follow tennis a little bit knows his form and how he play the last two matches against France on this surface. For me he is the favorite to win this tournament. With more days of rest, I think Isner will continue his great form here. Zeballos lost both matches against Isner and both matches are on clay. Last year they are meeting here in Houston and he lost with 75 63. When he play like the first match, he can make it very difficult for John Isner. But im scary that Zeballos can’t do this and will be struggled on his own servicegames. 3/10 Isner -1.5 set @ 1.63 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Does anyone see how Russel can take a set of Fish? The odds are unreal, yes he beat Gimeno, but big deal? A 4/7 double with Cibulkova seems rather attractive and I have taken it, Cibul has been in amazing form and I can't go ignoring the way she played against Azarenka 2 weeks ago.

Keothavong +5 games > Kerber @1.971 Pinnacle :ok (64 36 36) Keothavong to bt Kerber @4.34 Pinnacle 0.5 u no, no
Keothavong had chances, but she has made some very funny silly errors in crucual moments - well, at least I had a laugh watching her :lol... +1.27 FLAT units this week so far with Mona Barthel future still riding

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Suarez Navarro - Simona Halep is interesting for me tomorrow. I think there is a big value in Carla there as I rate her as better player on clay than Halep. Maybe it is her style of play (working hard on each point) but I saw here few times on clay and every time she was worth a shot. A win over Vinci doesnt convince me, Italian plays really unconsistent this season. I saw her in Paris and she was awful. Fingers crossed for a small, fighting Carla Suarez Navarro @2.37 bet365

Anderson - Querrey This will be a match against two players who will most likes the servicegames. This is what we can see in this history between both players here. In the last 5 matches they are playing every match a tiebreak. Anderson won his first round match with 63 64 against Souza. He playing well and serve good in this match. Probably he will like this surface a bit. Querrey playing also good his first round match against Prodon. I don’t see this match, but I see the double with Blake last night. Querrey playing good, serving well and that is what he likes. Also the rally’s he was playing well this the last two sets. I think this will be another long match. 1/10 Over 23 games @ 1.97 Pinnacle 2/10 Anderson tb. Querrey @ 1.91 Pinnacle
Isner - Zeballos A match between a Isner who is in great form and a Zeballos who surprise me in the first me. I know he is in good form, but he playing very well. What must I say about the long John Isner? The most people who follow tennis a little bit knows his form and how he play the last two matches against France on this surface. For me he is the favorite to win this tournament. With more days of rest, I think Isner will continue his great form here. Zeballos lost both matches against Isner and both matches are on clay. Last year they are meeting here in Houston and he lost with 75 63. When he play like the first match, he can make it very difficult for John Isner. But im scary that Zeballos can’t do this and will be struggled on his own servicegames. 3/10 Isner -1.5 set @ 1.63 Pinnacle
Zeballos playing great at the moment!

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Mona Barthel -3 vs Angelique Kerber. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Kerber has been very poor this week. Her movement is lazy and so is her whole game. She is playing way too defensive this week and has lost the first set against both Gacon and Keothavong. She has managed to come back and win in three sets but neither of those two mentioned players are decent level. Barthel has got better serve and is willing to go for her shots. Besides indoor conditions suit her game better. She beat Kerber easily in Hobart earlier this year and I think she will have another win against her compatriot. Carla Suarez Navarro +3.5 vs Simona Halep. 1.85 @ Bwin (5/10) Like Navarro's chances here. She's playing at home and obviously is better player on clay. Navarro has more variety to her game, can change it up whereas Halep is straight forward and hits the ball as hard as she can. Not sure I would trust any Romanian to win a match like this - against local player in their country. Besides Navarro is 2-1 against Halep and one of the wins she got was in the same tournament 2 years ago. Playing safe and choosing handicap which looks big enough at 3.5 games. Sara Errani vs Julia Goerges. Over 21 games. 1.98 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Clash of styles should bring a very good match. Errani all about baseline tennis and counter hitting whilst Goerges can hit you off the court. It normally doesn't work on clay as good as on hard courts or grass. I'm worried for the German today. She was broken 9 times yesterday but managed to recover. Don't think Errani will allow that to happen. On the other hand, I think this will be really close one, possibly 3 sets. Igor Andreev vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. Over 22 games. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Two brainless players should bring out the worst of them and play three sets here. Neither is that good to win in straights and both have ups and downs in their matches pretty much all the time. No wonder both of their matches have produced three sets. The line is that short it even would be ok to get away with 7-6, 6-3. And I can't see less games than that.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 WTA e-books Cornet +7 games > Wozniacki @1.926 Pinnacle Woz massively overrated in this one. OK, this is "her" tournament, and she has won it every time the tournament took place (2 times so far), but 7 games against Cornet? When I recall her performance against Ursula Radwanska, it seems like a joke to me. Well, Woz destroyed poor Pauline Parmentier, but Alize is different ketle of fish. H2H is 3-1 for Woz, but in 3 matches won, Woz only once (in the oldest match from 2007 challenger) managed to spank Alize 62 63. The remaining two matches were won by -4 hcp. With the shape Woz is in now, I seriously doubt any 62 62 walkover occurs today. I expect normal 6-3 6-4 result which would be a winner. But even 62 63 would be a push. edit: although Barthel-3 to bt Kerber partly doubles my Barthel future and should therefore not be placed, I cannot resist and I am following Psycho on that one @1.909 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Barthel + Cirstea double @2.29 bet365 To be honest I havent seen Barthel yet so I am looking forward to this game. Instead of that I saw yesterday Kerber's match. She was lucky that Keothavong missed some open court shoots in crucial moments. I believe that other punters who pick even a HC win are also right about is. Despite the fact that Govortosova - Cirstea was some kind of weird odds dropping-growing game, I will follow her today. She was my main pick in first round here and I rate her as much more better player and I predicted a big result here for her. So far it is going well. Nice double with good odds.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Andreev - Garcia Lopez No long write up here, but the match is beginning in one hour. Like to play Garcia Lopez here. But he show some great performance on clay this tournament. Playing very well and had two good victories against Fognini and Mathieu, Andreev playing also good, but he is not a great clay player in my eyes. Won in the first round from Montanes, but Montanes is back from a injury and play terrible this match. 2/10 Garcia Lopez tb. Andreev @ 2.10 Sportingbet

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 What a disgrace Barthel is! It was obvious from the very first game that she wants to lose today. Not even hiding it. I mean, you have to close it out from 5-2 or 2 matchpoints at 5-4. Stupid Barthel or smart Barthel which ever way you look at it. That's how you throw away matches at odds over 13 on your opponent!

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 I wonder what kind of magic cosmetics Mona was promised in return for losing the today's match :-) edit: going for Jovanovski to bt Martic @2.27 Pinnacle Bojana defeated quality opponent Niculescu in the previous round, and unlike in a all Germans match, with a Serbian against a Croat, you always get a fight :-)

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Andujar - Guterriez Ferrol Also another pick for today. Don’t remember that their will be more matches today in Casablanca. Andujar playing great earlier today. Easy win against Starace, who is in form the last weeks. When I look to the other match today. I see Guterriez Ferrol a little bit struggling in the first set against my back on the match Ouahab. Second set, after the first break he can clearly this match easy. I think Andujar is a step to high for this Guterriez Ferrol, who is in the 500th place on the world ranking. The Andujar who I have see today, will win this match easy I think. 64 64 is enough for this bet. 3/10 Under 21.5 games @ 1.83 BET365

WTA e-books Cornet +7 games > Wozniacki @1.926 Pinnacle Woz massively overrated in this one. OK, this is "her" tournament, and she has won it every time the tournament took place (2 times so far), but 7 games against Cornet? When I recall her performance against Ursula Radwanska, it seems like a joke to me. Well, Woz destroyed poor Pauline Parmentier, but Alize is different ketle of fish. H2H is 3-1 for Woz, but in 3 matches won, Woz only once (in the oldest match from 2007 challenger) managed to spank Alize 62 63. The remaining two matches were won by -4 hcp. With the shape Woz is in now, I seriously doubt any 62 62 walkover occurs today. I expect normal 6-3 6-4 result which would be a winner. But even 62 63 would be a push.
:| Lord knows why I followed you on this :|